Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I am not shocked that people are still passionate about the Walking Dead. I am however shocked that people are still so passionate about it that they will threaten you if you say you don't like the show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/disneyplus/status/1376534824219897862

Of these guys I would probably pick Ewan McGregor to play Obi Wan

Yeah, if you're boring. :rolleyes:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

I know Piesse was part of the franchise beforehand but now it's known she was a willing participant in a sex cult that trafficked women. Even if she feels bad about it now, I feel like the whole sex cult thing should preclude you from being in a Disney show. (All shows imo)

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Rhyno posted:

I am not shocked that people are still passionate about the Walking Dead. I am however shocked that people are still so passionate about it that they will threaten you if you say you don't like the show.

I know someone who watches every episode of it and is a devoted fan but also hasn’t had anything positive to say about the show for years. It’s the weirdest goddamn thing. It’s not hate watching like you usually see hate watching.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Vanderdeath posted:

I know Piesse was part of the franchise beforehand but now it's known she was a willing participant in a sex cult that trafficked women. Even if she feels bad about it now, I feel like the whole sex cult thing should preclude you from being in a Disney show. (All shows imo)

Unless I’m forgetting parts of The Vow, Piesse was one of the cult’s victims and ended up escaping not long after her “initiation” into the actual sex part of the cult.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Don’t forget if you like Eric Andre to watch Bad Trip on Netflix if you didn’t watch it when it leaked last year. It’s very funny

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
What even is happening on Walking Dead now

Like isn't it a full decade into the apocalypse by now, why haven't the zombies all rotted away to nothing

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

New zombies do get made. And the ones that are 10 years old are in pretty terrible shape.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
At least in The Last Of Us there's an explanation, the zombies are 90% mushroom

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

GreenNight posted:

New zombies do get made.

Sure but it's been 10 years, how are there still hordes of them or whatever, a few new zombies being made from the dumbasses who are stupid enough to get bit 10 years later wouldn't account for hordes

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Simone Magus posted:

Sure but it's been 10 years, how are there still hordes of them or whatever, a few new zombies being made from the dumbasses who are stupid enough to get bit 10 years later wouldn't account for hordes

In the walking dead everyone who dies with their brain intact zombifies.

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Oh lol i forgot about that

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fortunately that means everyone that watches the show is safe

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

zoux posted:

One step closer to a Safdie brothers Stars War

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

fancy stats posted:

Hopefully Sung Kang gets to just reprise his role from the fast and the furious.

You mean reprise his role from Better Luck Tomorrow :colbert:

People who haven't seen Better Luck Tomorrow should watch it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

The acting is so bad in Better Luck Tomorrow

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Mu Zeta posted:

The acting is so bad in Better Luck Tomorrow

Probably! But I still like it.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
It's neat that he's playing the same character from BLT.

Man, i can't wait for Fast9000. I love me some Han.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

With 2/12 already down, that Disney pic looks like a bingo card for people getting called out.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Simone Magus posted:

What even is happening on Walking Dead now

Like isn't it a full decade into the apocalypse by now, why haven't the zombies all rotted away to nothing

TWD talk just makes me remember how much better Z Nation was than that show in almost every way.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

IRQ posted:

TWD talk just makes me remember how much better Z Nation was than that show in almost every way.

God Z Nation was loving dumb. I loved that show.

The Klowner
Apr 20, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azhais posted:

Fortunately that means everyone that watches the show is safe

:nice:

Vanderdeath
Oct 1, 2005

I will confess,
I love this cultured hell that tests my youth.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Unless I’m forgetting parts of The Vow, Piesse was one of the cult’s victims and ended up escaping not long after her “initiation” into the actual sex part of the cult.

Wow, poo poo, I'm sorry, I somehow mixed up Piesse and Allison Mack. I forgot that Piesse was the lady that had her husband (Mark Vicente) completely ignore her and made her do degrading poo poo for doubting Raniere.

Doom2020!
Dec 31, 2020

If you think this has a happy ending then you really haven't been paying attention

zoux posted:

Still hope they have a Ahsoka appearance at some point if there is a season 2.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

I never watched The Vow, but was NXIVM deliberately targeting sci-fi TV show actresses or were they just who happened to be closest to Allison Mack and her social circle, so easiest targets?

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

IRQ posted:

Grandpa stoner zombie telling the history of the United states loving owned

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Rhyno posted:

It's neat that he's playing the same character from BLT.

Man, i can't wait for Fast9000. I love me some Han.

Him being back in the new F&F destroys my prediction for another upcoming movie where they find out Han is in hell and they have to go down and race the devil for his soul, The Blessed and the Furious ™

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Chairman Capone posted:

I never watched The Vow, but was NXIVM deliberately targeting sci-fi TV show actresses or were they just who happened to be closest to Allison Mack and her social circle, so easiest targets?

It's probably because a lot of those shows filmed in Vancouver.

isaboo
Nov 11, 2002

Muay Buok
ขอให้โชคดี
Solar Opposites S2 is good. I really appreciated the shout out to Terriers being cancelled.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

isaboo posted:

Solar Opposites S2 is good. I really appreciated the shout out to Terriers being cancelled.

:same:

Speaking of cancellations, the shambling corpse of American Gods was finally put down. I really want a documentary about all the behind the scenes poo poo.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

:same:

Speaking of cancellations, the shambling corpse of American Gods was finally put down. I really want a documentary about all the behind the scenes poo poo.

Nice. If that's it, I will finish off this last season then. Didn't need to get strung along by an almost good show for a decade. I'm not doing that again.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

From last week:

quote:

"If we don't get a season 4, we've ended on the single most frustrating, upsetting and maddening place that any season could possibly end," creator Neil Gaiman admitted to Entertainment Weekly.

bull3964 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 30, 2021

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

bull3964 posted:

From last week:

Haha. Even better. Inject the pain straight into my veins.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

zoux posted:

Shame. Idris Elba would have been perfect for the role.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Joe Rogan is this generations Maya Angelou.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Solar opposites season 2 is interesting but half way through it, the wall is yet again the most interesting part of the show.

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I love the running gag of Solar Opposites going to "whatever" as a take on when it is said on The Simpsons.

It is here in which I explain the joke: you see, The Simpsons is not only the family's name (which means it makes sense to say something like "The Simpsons are going to New York!"), but it's also the show's name. So in this case, the family isn't The Solar Opposites; it's just the name of the show. I don't know why, but that made me laugh thinking about it almost every time. What a stupid joke. Idiots. It was hilarious.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

The Solar Opposites are going to jail!

Anyeay Invincible got better, esp tge animation. Still think the writing and thin characterization makes it a show I can't recommend but I def have a soft spot for a different take on superheroics.

Focusing on a young hero learning the ropes def helps, wsp with dad Superman there, whoch is unusual for the genre.

But lol at where that show ended its first season. Talk about unsatisfying finale.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Only three episodes are out?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Shageletic posted:

The Solar Opposites are going to jail!

Anyeay Invincible got better, esp tge animation. Still think the writing and thin characterization makes it a show I can't recommend but I def have a soft spot for a different take on superheroics.

Focusing on a young hero learning the ropes def helps, wsp with dad Superman there, whoch is unusual for the genre.

But lol at where that show ended its first season. Talk about unsatisfying finale.

It ended on episode 3. There are 8 episodes this season.