Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Frittata with a bunch of leftover veggies and cheese.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ogarza
Feb 25, 2009
Went full health retard

Tacos de rajas con queso y elote

EDIT - well maybe 98% retard, that is not tofu, it is frying cheese, but I would have used queso fresco had I had it on hand.

ogarza fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 22, 2021

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

ogarza posted:

Went full health retard

Tacos de rajas con queso y elote

EDIT - well maybe 98% retard, that is not tofu, it is frying cheese, but I would have used queso fresco had I had it on hand.

Looks good but ya don't really need to drop the r-word

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
it's burger time

bacon and cheddar patties from Publix; I cut about 1/3 off each then reformed as 4 patties to do these the same way kenji did in a burger video I saw recently - 2 thicker patties and 2 smash patties

order: toasted bottom bun, mayo, lettuce, tomato, red onion, thick patty, cheese, smash patty, cheese, mustard, mayo, smashed garlic, toasted top bun

best burger I've ever made, easy

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

kumba posted:

it's burger time

bacon and cheddar patties from Publix; I cut about 1/3 off each then reformed as 4 patties to do these the same way kenji did in a burger video I saw recently - 2 thicker patties and 2 smash patties

order: toasted bottom bun, mayo, lettuce, tomato, red onion, thick patty, cheese, smash patty, cheese, mustard, mayo, smashed garlic, toasted top bun

best burger I've ever made, easy

Just got a brand new Weber delivered this afternoon. I’ll assemble it just in time for delicious burgers this weekend.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Last night was tortellini and sausage in brown butter and sage.

Also garlic bread, by the babka method

Tonight was french toast.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

toplitzin posted:

Tonight was french toast.

With tomato sauce?

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

ColHannibal posted:

With tomato sauce?

my mum would feed me and my brother French toast with tomato sauce/ketchup/BBQ sauce. it was some derro poo poo and I wasn't an adult until I learnt that people have dessert style French toast.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

ColHannibal posted:

With tomato sauce?

Its the leftover garlic bread, of course it's tomato sauce.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

toplitzin posted:

Its the leftover garlic bread, of course it's tomato sauce.

Is it soaked in just egg, milk, and maybe salt, then? I can't imagine that would go well with sugar, vanilla extract, or cinnamon in the mixture.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Oh yes, savory only.

A little habanero jelly did go nice though.

Gentleman Owl
Apr 29, 2013

Carnitas time.

Had to shave a couple pounds off a 10-pound shoulder to get it to fit in my stock pot.

Eight hours later:

Portioned out into a bunch of 2-cup containers, majority get frozen for meals over the next couple months. A bit of the excess fat gets portioned in each, makes it easy to crisp in a frying pan at a later date.

Carnitas.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

First time making butter chicken for meal prep tonight.

Tasted pretty good! I followed Joshua Weissman's recent recipe for it, but had some issues with the fond starting to burn before I got a decent sear on the chicken, so it didn't turn out as well as I'd hope. But it was tasty and I don't think I'm going to have an issue gobbling up the rest over the next week.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Tried a mushroom and beef sauce for some noods.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Wife put together some yummy chicken meatballs with pesto tonight.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I always wanted to try this so I made a tofu bahn mi:

Came out extremely well. My tofu searing technique is improving.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

I usually bake tofu until it’s grilling weather. Then I toss it on the grill and it usually comes out perfect.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I usually bake tofu until it’s grilling weather. Then I toss it on the grill and it usually comes out perfect.

oh drat, I don't know why I haven't done this...I need to do this.

mdxi
Mar 13, 2006

to JERK OFF is to be close to GOD... only with SPURTING

I've been trying to get more comfortable with just making up stir-fries, as opposed to using commercial sauces or recipes for sauces. It's definitely not the hardest thing in the world, since you can very safely lean on soy, garlic, ginger, and chili in any combination as your base. This is my latest attempt:

The sauce on the veg is tamari, black soy sauce, chili-garlic paste, shaoxing wine, and MSG. I had never used black soy sauce except in my attempts at pad se ew, and I thought that used in moderation it added a really lovely depth without becoming overtly sweet.

The tofu was lightly panfried, then tossed in a mixture of tamari, mushroom sauce, and chili-sesame oil. Holy poo poo that was a good choice. It was legit difficult to finish cooking, rather than just eat the tofu straight out of the pan. This is definitely a keeper.

Side note: youtube suggested a 4 year-old Chef John video on steaming eggs instead of boiling them, and for the first time in my life I cooked a "boiled" egg that I didn't hate.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

mdxi posted:

I've been trying to get more comfortable with just making up stir-fries, as opposed to using commercial sauces or recipes for sauces. It's definitely not the hardest thing in the world, since you can very safely lean on soy, garlic, ginger, and chili in any combination as your base. This is my latest attempt:

The sauce on the veg is tamari, black soy sauce, chili-garlic paste, shaoxing wine, and MSG. I had never used black soy sauce except in my attempts at pad se ew, and I thought that used in moderation it added a really lovely depth without becoming overtly sweet.

The tofu was lightly panfried, then tossed in a mixture of tamari, mushroom sauce, and chili-sesame oil. Holy poo poo that was a good choice. It was legit difficult to finish cooking, rather than just eat the tofu straight out of the pan. This is definitely a keeper.

Side note: youtube suggested a 4 year-old Chef John video on steaming eggs instead of boiling them, and for the first time in my life I cooked a "boiled" egg that I didn't hate.

Nice looking tofu. Whenever I pan fry mine and toss it with the rest of the stir fry it always crumbles to hell.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Took a little excursion to Everglades City. Paddled around, got shouted at by the locals, all in all a success.

Those had been crabbing around in the water earlier that morning. There's no loving mustard sauce, because gently caress that, it was the best stone crab I have ever had in my life.

Holy poo poo it was amazing.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

MrYenko posted:

Took a little excursion to Everglades City. Paddled around, got shouted at by the locals, all in all a success.

Those had been crabbing around in the water earlier that morning. There's no loving mustard sauce, because gently caress that, it was the best stone crab I have ever had in my life.

HOLY poo poo

This looks so good, I’m incredibly jealous

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Walleye kabayaki cuz gently caress paying for eel

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

MrYenko posted:

Want this. drat, I've not had good fresh crab for an age.

Casu Marzu posted:

Walleye kabayaki cuz gently caress paying for eel

And this.

My own effort this evening...

Cod fillet, chorizo and pork sausage, braised fennel and shallot with aniseed, crispy fried potato, orange, cream and cointreau sauce.

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

The new grill slays burgers.

I bathed in blood tonight.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Olpainless posted:

chorizo and pork sausage

sir do you know what chorizo is

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Impossible meat mushroom & swiss burg

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Casu Marzu posted:

drat. that looks fuckin tasty

honey jalapeno glaze salmon, asparagus, romanesco florets

we candied some jalapenos last weekend and opened a jar today, they're so good. used some of the syrup for the jar for a cocktail. I dub thee "the farmer tan"

jalapeno syrup, 100 proof vodka, that new watermelon mountain dew, and a splash of lime

could have used more jalapeno, but not bad

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

Casu Marzu posted:

I’ve had the Impossible meat and it definitely tastes pretty good. I just wish it was healthier than real meat, then it would be something I would use more.

TychoCelchuuu
Jan 2, 2012

This space for Rent.

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

I’ve had the Impossible meat and it definitely tastes pretty good. I just wish it was healthier than real meat, then it would be something I would use more.
It's healthier for the cow!

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

prayer group posted:

sir do you know what chorizo is

This was some post blended thing. Not quite as firm, pretty nice.

Casu Marzu posted:

I've wanted to try an impossible for a bit... This might just push me to get hold of some.

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Lunch!

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003

A good burg. Fresh fried crisps looks like it'll be an excellent side.

Tea tonight... Mixed pepper rubbed duck breast, medium rate, on a bed of charred red green lettuce, served with charred shallot, buttered crushed potato, poached egg, a drizzle of orange, and garnish with spring onion, chilli and celery seed.

freelop
Apr 28, 2013

Where we're going, we won't need fries to see

First time deep frying, made crispy chili Chinese chicken.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Pizza night!

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

Jerk fried rice

Waterbed Wendy
Jan 29, 2009

iajanus posted:

Pizza night!

pizza fright

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

First pizza I eat tonight

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

toplitzin posted:

Jerk fried rice

You're telling me a jerk fried this rice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toplitzin
Jun 13, 2003

prayer group posted:

You're telling me a jerk fried this rice?

Steve Martin lives in my crawlspace.