Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Well, "feet like a borzoi's nose" wasn't in my vocabulary when I woke up this morning, but it sure is now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

Clever.

Not the normal distribution of hair one would expect though.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Maybe it's just his version of the famous "my name is Kelly" tattoo.

nishi koichi
Feb 16, 2007

everyone feels that way and gives up.
that's how they get away with it.

lol this img is like a b kliban cartoon come to life

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Chitin
Apr 29, 2007

It is no sign of health to be well-adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

Politoons thread is that-a-way

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

[ NOT A MIMIC ]

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

He's mad for Craic!

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Is it hot in here or are you just happy to see me?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

https://www.instagram.com/p/CLkKGQGDeU_

Johnny Truant has a new favorite as of 01:00 on Mar 22, 2021

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Already gone?

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

"Sorry, this page isn't available"

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Edit: fixed the link above

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Oh boy, a local one! This fits my expectations with Blue Lotus.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Woozie66 posted:

Oh boy, a local one! This fits my expectations with Blue Lotus.

Oh I'm moving to Madison very soon! Lay all the bad tattoo knowledge on me.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Those feet seem rather Liefeld-ian in that I have no clue what the gently caress is going on with them.

Woozie66
Sep 8, 2009

I'll wait for the next era

Johnny Truant posted:

Oh I'm moving to Madison very soon! Lay all the bad tattoo knowledge on me.

Nice! Welcome!

Blue Lotus is not good. Ultimate Arts keeps winning "Madison's Best" but it's trash. Steve's is run by not good folks. Iron Quill is run by an abuser.

If you want some good ones, I'd recommend Capitol City, Lost Lakes, Great Whale, and Black Moon! Diverse crews with good attitudes.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

I must be tired or something cos it looked alright for a second but I was somehow only taking in the head and the left arm and then the whole thing unfurled in front of me

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

I saw there's a tattoo shop walking distance from my new house and after looking at their before and after gallery there's a reason I'm posting in this thread and not the other one.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

whypick1 posted:

I saw there's a tattoo shop walking distance from my new house and after looking at their before and after gallery there's a reason I'm posting in this thread and not the other one.

I’m not sure they understand what the term “before and after” means....

HelleSpud
Apr 1, 2010
Previous link didn't work for me; here's the address I get: https://247tattoos.com/changing-your-tattoo/

John Darnielle looks very dismayed to be in that Norman Rockwell bootleg

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

HelleSpud posted:

Previous link didn't work for me; here's the address I get: https://247tattoos.com/changing-your-tattoo/

Thanks.

WeaponX posted:

I’m not sure they understand what the term “before and after” means....

It's before and after they took their money.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

HelleSpud posted:

John Darnielle looks very dismayed to be in that Norman Rockwell bootleg

wow, how bad does your poo poo have to be that it can be goonrush'd to death in 2021

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Ok, guess I'll leech their images then:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

whypick1 posted:

Ok, guess I'll leech their images then:

I think this is a well done cover-up.

And they are covering up the 13 because that is a gang thing yeah?

(I know nothing about this, but isnt MS13 a big scary gang, and in particular they get very serious about people pretending to be in their gang who aren't.)

Elviscat
Jan 1, 2008

Well don't you know I'm caught in a trap?

BrigadierSensible posted:

(I know nothing about this, but isnt MS13 a big scary gang, and in particular they get very serious about people pretending to be in their gang who aren't.)

Good chance, it could be unintentional association too, a lot of artists shy away from tattooing that number because of MS-13, also "gang related" tattoos can be disqualifying for military service or certain government jobs.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

BrigadierSensible posted:

I also think they get pretty serious about people who were in the gang and no longer want to be.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

13 is a super common tattoo theme to the point where many shops do Friday 13th special flash deals where it's all 13s. My wife and I have some. Probably 99% of people with tattoos of the number 13 have gently caress all to to with gangs. I would expect MS13 symbology to be more specific than just the number. Or at least rely on further context.

Here's one of mine

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Extremely quick googling seems to show that MS-13 gang tattoos are usually the MS part rather than the 13 part.

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.

Organza Quiz posted:

Extremely quick googling seems to show that MS-13 gang tattoos are usually the MS part rather than the 13 part.

I mean, they're just asking for a beef with Bill Gates.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Organza Quiz posted:

MS-paint gang tattoos

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

I probably wouldn’t get any visible 13 tattoos but there’s actually ms13 and rivals around here so it doesn’t seem like a smart thing to test.

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

RIP the chick from that one Pixies song

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

The 13 in ms13 represents their alliance with sureno gangs in Southern California, surenos rep 13, nortenos rep 14, but the number 13 is everywhere, it’s as stupid as people saying the Dodgers logo is a gang symbol (while it is used as one, chances are astronomically slim it will affect anyone not already involved in that life, let alone someone who decides to get an LA tattoo).

i can still taste him
Feb 16, 2003
Buglord
I always thought it was a weed thing when random kids get 13 tattooed since the 13th letter is M.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

i can still taste him posted:

I always thought it was a weed thing when random kids get 13 tattooed since the 13th letter is M.

You’re close. 13th letter is M, as in La Eme, aka the Mexican Mafia, which founded the Surenos alliance.

E: didn’t realize you were talking about non-affiliated people getting 13. I’d chalk it up to both the number being popularized in pop culture combined with the Friday the 13th tattoo sales. I know a lot of people who got a 13 dollar tattoo on those days.

ruddiger has a new favorite as of 19:34 on Mar 30, 2021

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

i can still taste him posted:

It’s basically just “13 = unlucky but I’m a cool guy and I don’t worry about bad luck so I’m gonna put a 13 on me” for most of them.

Silly Newbie
Jul 25, 2007
How do I?

The Offspring in 1998 posted:

Now he's getting a tattoo yeah, he's getting ink done
He asked for a 13, but they drew a 31
Friends say he's trying too hard and he's not quite hip
But in his own mind he's the, he's the dopest trip

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascar Capac
Aug 31, 2016

Surprisingly nice, for an evil Inca mummy.
https://twitter.com/FootballRamble/status/1377000163978399747?s=19