Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

fargo season 2 got into this theme also. the time of the Family is over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
God drat I wanna watch Fargo but it's not on any of the streams I pay for and gently caress me if I can find any more money to spend on TV

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

God drat I wanna watch Fargo but it's not on any of the streams I pay for and gently caress me if I can find any more money to spend on TV

if you've never used the free Hulu trial you could sign up for that and binge it. get through the first 2 seasons at least, those are the good ones.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
Season 3 is also very good

Season 4 had some good ideas but it never really came together

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

uber_stoat posted:

if you've never used the free Hulu trial you could sign up for that and binge it. get through the first 2 seasons at least, those are the good ones.

Yeah, I guess.

I want to see Kong V Godzilla and and the new Justice League. I just know if I'm patent enough I'll see all this poo poo eventually so whatever. Same with all the brand new shiny video games and poo poo. There's pretty much way more media and entertainment than I can keep with or make time for and my Netflix and Amazon queue is already overloaded. I have games sitting there waiting for me to finish them.

Having said that, I might take your advice since Fargo seems right up my alley.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

https://twitter.com/samfickman/status/1373451306770173953?s=20

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY
Silvio: If you're gettin' chased by a koopa jump onto a ledge. For some reason, they can't do that.
Feech: It's the lava.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

phasmid posted:

Silvio: If you're gettin' chased by a koopa jump onto a ledge. For some reason, they can't do that.
Feech: It's the lava.

Lmao

SpaceAceJase
Nov 8, 2008

and you
have proved
to be...

a real shitty poster,
and a real james
Yo thread.
I'm 9 episodes in on my first watch of The Sopranos. Good poo poo.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

SpaceAceJase posted:

Yo thread.

Keep us updated! Seriously always a treat to hear what new viewers think

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

SpaceAceJase posted:

Yo thread.

Welcome to the Family.

ulvir
Jan 2, 2005

it’s a retirement community

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Then kill me now. Go on now, go into the ham, and take the carving knife and stab me, here, here, now, please! It would hurt me less than what you just said.

NJersey
Dec 1, 2008

ulvir posted:

posts like this are why I love this thread retirement community.

..and yes, keep us updated on you're watch, SpaceAceJase.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

ulvir posted:

SHE WAS ABUSIVE TO THE MODS

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I know threads that are inspired...

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

How much water does the Dexter thread need?! It’s like living next door to Gunga Din!

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Matt Zerella posted:

I know threads that are inspired...

RIP Cpt. Antibes. That poster who had, a, lot of boats or somethin'.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lovecraft Country thread gets new posts
What are they doing now? :tinfoil::supaburn:

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eShtIwPZBYI&t=376s

Betamax? :ughh:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

My only two celebrity sightings on the NYC subways are Meredith from the Office and Matt Servitto.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Its so bonkers to me being from eastern Canada, the thought of having effective public transport. Er, I mean, spotting celebrities irl

Presence
Jul 29, 2006
God drat, just finished my first rewatch yesterday and wondering what’s a reasonable amount of time to wait before starting my second.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Presence posted:

God drat, just finished my first rewatch yesterday and wondering what’s a reasonable amount of time to wait before starting my second.

I restart as frequently as Tony goes back for more gabbagool.

Just started again after doing Shameless for the first time.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Shameless isn't great tv even when not compared to Sops.

We finished before Christmas, I'm really dying to start again. Thought about throwing it on at work in the background but I cant put poo poo on in the background, only podcasts. I gotta sit and watch the thing front to back. She takes out her phone to see what rooster teeth or philp defranco or his wife are doing and I could take it and eat it

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

codo27 posted:

Shameless isn't great tv even when not compared to Sops.
Ive enjoyed it! But I'm also not comparing them.

Kev would fit in perfectly to a crew.

Frank and Chris would be best friends.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Shameless is that show where I'm always thinking, "Where is William H Macy? I just want him on the screen." Most of the subplots are average and some outright dumb. The show should have been canceled years ago.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

I know too many losers to get anything but annoyance from watching people behave poorly on screen.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Kev and V are loving hilarious.

Also I really appreciate how they stick together and do mutual aid.

People who think they're behaving badly (outside of Frank) are showing their classism.

It's a good show and yeah it shouldn't have run this long.

I'm in lockdown and slowly working through showtime stuff I haven't seen. I'll take Shameless and Rat Dawnahvan over Dexters train wreck any day of the week.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The Tudors is basically the same show as Shameless, only with kings and stuff. Check that out next.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

The Tudors is basically the same show as Shameless, only with kings and stuff. Check that out next.

Sure why not. Thanks!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

People say evangelion is the Japanese version of the sopranos. So you should watch mobile suit gundam .

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Please nobody ever watch anime

codo27 fucked around with this message at 11:35 on Mar 26, 2021

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Yeah, I just wanna point out it's not really like Shameless...but you should watch The Tudors anyways. It's fun for a couple of seasons and then you may as well finish it since it's only a few seasons long!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah, I just wanna point out it's not really like Shameless...but you should watch The Tudors anyways. It's fun for a couple of seasons and then you may as well finish it since it's only a few seasons long!

I’m in after I hit season 3 of my 6th quarantine rewatch of this threads topic.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Was it this thread that gave us “You’re either a “She was abusive to the staaaaaff!” person or a “Motherfuckin’ goddamn orange peel beef!” person”?

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

God love the guys on the podcast though for putting those bars across the bottom during the ads making it real easy to skip them

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Was it this thread that gave us “You’re either a “She was abusive to the staaaaaff!” person or a “Motherfuckin’ goddamn orange peel beef!” person”?

I am not sure why but I feel that ‘she was abusive to the staff’ is one of the top 5 lines in tv history.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Jose Oquendo posted:

I am not sure why but I feel that ‘she was abusive to the staff’ is one of the top 5 lines in tv history.

it's the way he says it. i can hear it in my mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

codo27
Apr 21, 2008