Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Peanut President posted:

maybe read the loving article?

absolutely not

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!
https://twitter.com/outsider/status/1375522796722339840

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

teacher: did you bring enough cool for the rest of the class?

the king: and then some.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

that 96 car looks extremely good. i bet a cool dude designed it

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Owns

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Didn't Junior tell a similar tale as this happening to him? He supposedly flipped his truck into a ditch in front of someones home while trying to get to some function, and Senior being called to pick up Junior?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Nit Wit Dog poo poo posted:

Didn't Junior tell a similar tale as this happening to him? He supposedly flipped his truck into a ditch in front of someones home while trying to get to some function, and Senior being called to pick up Junior?

Pretty sure I’ve heard that story too and Senior was very much not impressed.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home

Shrapnig posted:

Pretty sure I’ve heard that story too and Senior was very much not impressed.

The function was a Christmas Day family reunion and Sr. actually didn't care, according to how Jr. tells the story. I think I've seen a video interview of him telling that story too but for some reason I can't find it.

quote:

The conversation with his father didn’t go as Earnhardt expected, though.

“Dad laughed because he actually flipped his car when he was 18,” Earnhardt said. “So, instead of getting mad and having my butt chewed, we laughed about it and boy did I learn my lesson.”

Full story.
https://www.foxsports.com/stories/nascar/dale-jr-recalls-wild-pickup-truck-wreck-from-his-younger-days

Ah I found the vid it was during his Rogan interview. The whole thing is pretty interesting but the truck flip story starts about 10min in.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQrzrTM3IQ4

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

kidcoelacanth posted:

that 96 car looks extremely good. i bet a cool dude designed it

That cool dude didn't design this, did he?
https://twitter.com/StewartHaasRcng/status/1375906835341975554/photo/1

"Let's celebrate our first dirt race by pre-dirtying our car rather than letting it organically get dirty and selling that in a diecast." :confuoot:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

That cool dude didn't design this, did he?
https://twitter.com/StewartHaasRcng/status/1375906835341975554/photo/1

"Let's celebrate our first dirt race by pre-dirtying our car rather than letting it organically get dirty and selling that in a diecast." :confuoot:

#Buschschartcar

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

The most NASCAR start possible for the first dirt NASCAR race at Bristol :downsbravo::

https://twitter.com/GMSRacingLLC/status/1375920954916868099
https://twitter.com/NASCAR_Trucks/status/1375922313389092870

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZnHmskwqCCQ

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Mar 27, 2021

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
lmao pack it in and head home, everyone, this poo poo isn't happening

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Reynold posted:

lmao pack it in and head home, everyone, this poo poo isn't happening

Yeah because they aren't doing Eldora.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
https://twitter.com/DannyBTalks/status/1376148274286104577

It's like they pay meteorologists to tell them the worst Sundays of the year

wisconsingreg
Jan 13, 2019

iospace posted:

Yeah because they aren't doing Eldora.

who knew managing a dirt track could be hard!

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Vasukhani posted:

who knew managing a dirt track could be hard!

Not FOX Sports and NASCAR.

Bruton will find a rogue engineer to blame.

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

CBJSprague24 posted:

Not FOX Sports and NASCAR.

Bruton will find a rogue engineer to blame.

"one day someone just started dumping dirt on the track and I had no idea and by the time I knew it was already a dirt track there" - Bruton Smith

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS TRUCKS now on FS1.

The NASCAR Cup Series at 4pm on FOX actual.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

interesting

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

who the gently caress is derrike cope

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
You think they're gonna finish this race, or just wreck in the dust over and over again until they call it done?

EvilBlackRailgun
Jan 28, 2007

Lmao

This is the first time I’ve watched nascar for more than 10 minutes since like 2003

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
Dust problems aside, this has been a fun race. I mean actually a fun race, not a "fun because it's total clown shoes" race.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

yes this race is good and suarez coming out of nowhere has certainly helped that

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

hope suarez is ready to put logano in the wall to get this w

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

i'm 100% going to this race next year

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

logano ruins another one

SwampYankee
Mar 7, 2007

By the grace of God and 600 horsepower
Hamlin on that final restart: "The high line hasn't worked since 40 laps ago, maybe I should try it again"

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Hamlin's spotter said something to the effect of "Logano is the most aggressive driver here, find a way around wink wink"

So he proceeds to drive it into the grandstands

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

in one more lap stenhouse would've sent logano to the shadow realm but he ran out of race

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

race good

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Discussion in Discord during the race was would they come back to Bristol next year or try something else?

They're already advertising next year's race on Bristol's Facebook.

chamois
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Discussion in Discord during the race was would they come back to Bristol next year or try something else?

They're already advertising next year's race on Bristol's Facebook.

they announced mid race they were bringing it back. i think they were waiting to make sure nothing went horribly wrong before committing to do it again but it ruled. they should do 3 bristol races next year.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
I should have bought tickets, dammit.

Pinecone Sample
Oct 12, 2010

THIS ACCOUNT HAS BEEN SEIZED
by the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation in accordance with a seizure warrant issued pursuant to 69 U.S.C Sec. 420
It was about as bad as it could get logistically as it could without being a disaster. I don't think they planned for how the layers would collapse after three inches of rain run through it and a day longer than they needed, and I don't know how they thought running the trucks on it first was going to work out well.

That said, it was entertaining, decent enough race, and I hope the track and teams are all better prepared next year.

Ungratek
Aug 2, 2005

It was way better than I expected. The trucks were a complete poo poo show.

bigbillystyle
Nov 11, 2003

We have Drive to Survive at home
I'm kinda surprised at the positivity about this race from this thread, which usually hates everything. I didn't like it. I didn't think the racing was particularly good, in either race. The viewing experience was pretty bad during the dust bowl and even during the truck race all I could think as I fast forwarded through the bullshit was who would have stuck with this watching live? Same with the Cup race. I think I watched the trucks in about 90min and the Cup race in like 2hrs fast forwarding through most of the stage breaks, commercials and cautions. If the teams actually had some rules to build better dirt cars then fine give it another shot but in my opinion this really didn't work. Like Mike Joy combating the anti-windshielders by saying they've run windshields in Cup since the 1950's was dumb as hell. Oh should they also run Studebakers with 103hp also? Give me a loving break.

Good for Suarez and Stenhouse those guys were fun to watch at the end but honestly I think I would have rather watched a regular Bristol race than this. I'm not even giving them minus points for the weather related issues, like it is what it is on that. It sucks we didn't get all the heat races and stuff but that was out of their control for this year and I think if they let the teams build more purpose built dirt cars that mud stuff wouldn't be an issue so call it a learning experience for next year if they are going crowbar this poo poo into the schedule again.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Yeah im a thumbsdown on it other than the general chaos and getting a few different drivers up front. Hilarious in a a chickenshit small-time "this sport is doomed" sort of way... but the racing i watched wasnt great and the whole thing seemed like an unprofessional clown shoes waste of time. Non points race, sure. Make the all star race dirt, 100%. But that wasnt a fuckin points race, cmon.

CactusWeasle
Aug 1, 2006
It's not a party until the bomb squad says it is

shyduck posted:

Hamlin's spotter said something to the effect of "Logano is the most aggressive driver here, find a way around wink wink"

So he proceeds to drive it into the grandstands

Maybe Hamlin isnt the same type of human skidmark his spotter is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tater_salad
Sep 15, 2007

Yeah I agree that race was pretty okay, but given that it was expected to be a huge poo poo show it was 'great' based on the expectations but was just meh-okay.