Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

William Henry Hairytaint posted:

Good stuff. How hot do you order your food?

I feel like they've never asked me how spicy I wanted it at indian places, only thai places.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
Everyone eagerly awaiting pictures of aadvarks Indian feast

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
lol u think I take pictures of takeout????

I Ate the Foods, and they were good, however both should have been Hot at a minimum, probably extra hot. the more u know

the jalfrezi was better than the egg curry >_<

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Forget it Jake, it's cybertown.

Aardvark! posted:

lol u think I take pictures of takeout????

I Ate the Foods, and they were good, however both should have been Hot at a minimum, probably extra hot. the more u know

the jalfrezi was better than the egg curry >_<

Basic bitch

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tip posted:

always gotta get some pork vindaloo

:smugjones:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

Armitag3 posted:

Basic bitch

Wtf u talking about. Suck me dong

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

wut

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Indian is real easy to fall back on favorites so I’ve been making a point to try something new every time and I haven’t been disappointed yet.

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Aardvark! posted:

Wtf u talking about. Suck me dong

Wouldn't even be spicy, miss me with that poo poo

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Indian is real easy to fall back on favorites so I’ve been making a point to try something new every time and I haven’t been disappointed yet.

I'm ashamed to say I keep going back to butter chicken. It is what it is.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I always order a bunch of poo poo but pork vindaloo is usually in the mix

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

I thought you were being facetious about pork in an Indian restaurant so I posted the closest SA smilie to :eyes narrowed at you: that I could find

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I haven't had Indian in a long time and some jalfrezi sounds dope

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
Maybe I’m dumb but I have NEVER seen pork at an Indian restaurant in my life, is it a regional thing?

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

I think pork is really only off limits if the indian people in question are Muslim.

a starchy tuber
Sep 9, 2002

hi yes I'm very normal
Yeah I assumed pork was restricted or something like that but tbf I'm a dumb ignorant white guy.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Maybe I’m dumb but I have NEVER seen pork at an Indian restaurant in my life, is it a regional thing?

I think it's probably available at more than 0% of places, but I don't think I'd expect to see it on most menus.

Hell, really Indian is the one cuisine type where I really don't care if there is no meat at all. India food as bomb even as straight up vegetarian.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
My local place is really good with some bangin biryani but they are loving expensive. Takeout for two entrees plus some naan is $60 plus tip.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Meme Poker Party posted:

I think it's probably available at more than 0% of places, but I don't think I'd expect to see it on most menus.

Hell, really Indian is the one cuisine type where I really don't care if there is no meat at all. India food as bomb even as straight up vegetarian.

I will eat ALL the veggie samosas.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

My local place is really good with some bangin biryani but they are loving expensive. Takeout for two entrees plus some naan is $60 plus tip.

:eyepop:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

pork is popular in the non-muslim regions of india like goa, but it's gaining popularity all around

not sure how common it is in indian restaurants across the united states, but it's loving tasty

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

I think I get like 3 entrees, some sides, and a couple beers for about that price

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Tip posted:

I think I get like 3 entrees, some sides, and a couple beers for about that price

Yeah, we only get it once a month or so as a treat. There’s a few other places around that are cheaper but they just aren’t as good

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DarkSoulsTantrum posted:

Yeah, we only get it once a month or so as a treat. There’s a few other places around that are cheaper but they just aren’t as good

this place is loving gooood

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
How come you never see Slim Jims as the protein at Indian restaurants? Is that a religion thing?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Aardvark! posted:

How come you never see Slim Jims as the protein at Indian restaurants? Is that a religion thing?

they think there's beef in them

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
BRB starting a Kickstarter for a Slim Jim restaurant

Armitag3
Mar 15, 2020

Table for two? Snap right in.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Needs a slim jim sommelier to tell you how to pair your sticks with the best sauces

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Most Indian restaurants in the US serve a combination of Desi cuisines, and are staffed by people from all across the Desi world and serve people from all across the Desi world. Keeping pork off the menu is for the benefit of the Muslim cooks and customers who don't want it anywhere near their food.

If you find an Indian restaurant with a narrow focus--like Goan--you may see pork on the menu.

Prof. Crocodile
Jun 27, 2020

Tip posted:

they think there's beef in them

pretty sure slim jims are just sawdust, wax paper and salt, but some people may have religious objections to eating that as well.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Tip posted:

Thanks! I gave this a whirl, and it does have some general features that are nice and missing from other things, but the font selection is still pretty weak.

I decided to try and make it work by looking up some of my favorite missing fonts and installing them but that's apparently a huge pain in the rear end. I think I have to root my phone to install a new font, lol

It's tricky but you can do it in the app...

here's a guide:

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

alexandriao