Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Thanks, OSHA thread!

Come on, now. Who among us has not drawn themselves as the hero in their own comic book

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
man actors got to use actual flame throwers and got squibbed all the time back in the day, why the gently caress would anyone want to be a succesful actor these days

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

Eau de MacGowan posted:

man actors got to use actual flame throwers and got squibbed all the time back in the day, why the gently caress would anyone want to be a succesful actor these days

Yeah, the flamethrower part is cool, but they had to fight actual dangerous alien creatures too.

In too small underwear.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

.nm.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

polynominal-c posted:

Yeah, the flamethrower part is cool, but they had to fight actual dangerous alien creatures too.

In too small underwear.

I mean they had handlers.

Just thinking about them doing their jobs about as well as the raptor crew at the local Jurassic Park. :allears:

Unrelated from the PYF fan art thread:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I like Jones side-eyeing the rest of the crew like “these bitches gonna get me killed, I just know it”

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
It's been more than 24 hrs since a goon has had thoughts of Aliens, we should all repent of our sins and post.

OB-GYN Kenobi
Dec 4, 2017
We should all be ashamed.

polynominal-c
Jan 18, 2003

We are just not perfect organisms.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free
all of these video games depicting humans trying to survive against the aliens

give me a Jones centric game already

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
I haven't read this whole thread but its like 7000 posts long. What are the best posts in it?

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Happy Birthday Burke, 65 today.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken

Vim Fuego posted:

I haven't read this whole thread but its like 7000 posts long. What are the best posts in it?

Donuts and horniness.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Vim Fuego posted:

skasion posted:

The predator in Predator 2 is indeed a moron. I like to think of him as the equivalent of fat middle-American dentists who go on safari and get eaten by lions; in that case, the actions of his fellow predators at the end of that movie are tantamount to your hunting buddies thinking so little of you they give the lion a medal.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Code Jockey posted:

:hmmyes:

Alien: Catlateral Damage

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Code Jockey posted:

40+ hours of sneaking around in airducts. Then an alien shows up.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

More like 40+ hours of hanging out with the Alien and then “acting scared” in order to lure some idiot sucker humans to their deaths.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

Robert Facepalmer posted:

Thanks, OSHA thread!

https://twitter.com/TheGr8Aspie/status/1376920610182459401

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

:lol:

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

This is what happens when you've allowed your cat to watch Alien one too many times.

It knows it has to strike first.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan
Oh man I’m gonna pour one out for King Of The Squibs:

https://youtu.be/ZFvqDaFpXeM

And if you and friends never tried an ‘independent film’ shoot, a blasting cap under a blood filled rubber loving HURTS.

In retrospect, where the hell did that dude get a blasting cap, and why didn’t he put something under it?

Remulak fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 31, 2021

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Remulak posted:

And if you and friends never tried an ‘independent film’ shoot, a blasting cap under a blood filled rubber loving HURTS.

In retrospect, where the hell did that dude get a blasting cap, and why didn’t he put something under it?

I just love how 209 keeps firing long after the guy is clearly dead, no intention of stopping ever

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

MrMojok posted:

I just love how 209 keeps firing long after the guy is clearly dead, no intention of stopping ever

Also it doesn’t react to threatening a civilian with a gun. It only reacts to threatening a giant armored literally unkillable police robot.

Robocop is DEEP.

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser

MrMojok posted:

The person asking for an ambulance/medics just kills me. What medical treatment is there for soup.

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Iron Crowned posted:

:hmmyes:

Alien: Catlateral Damage

YES

Splicer posted:

40+ hours of sneaking around in airducts. Then an alien shows up.

I would play this and I would love this.

I immediately imagined this as the art in a two-page 90s EGM style ad for this hypothetical Jones vs. Alien game. "Take a bite out of it, before it takes a bite out of you. Jones Vs. Alien, on Jaguar CD, Sega CD and 3DO."

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Torquemada posted:

What medical treatment is there for soup.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp

Code Jockey posted:

YES

I would play this and I would love this.

I immediately imagined this as the art in a two-page 90s EGM style ad for this hypothetical Jones vs. Alien game. "Take a bite out of it, before it takes a bite out of you. Jones Vs. Alien, on Jaguar CD, Sega CD and 3DO."

Reskin of untitled goose game where you're the cat on the spaceship/colony and instead of quaint villagers getting confused its crewman being murdered by the alien/hunted by predators

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Remulak posted:

I love that scene and the director's cut is so much better.

Also....

"Does somebody want to call a god drat paramedic?" lol, yeah ok buddy

edit:

Torquemada posted:

The person asking for an ambulance/medics just kills me. What medical treatment is there for soup.

:argh: I need to read the rest of the comments

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Torquemada posted:

Why didn't they make him into another robocop?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

MrMojok posted:

It's just the Advanced Police AI kicking in...

Just when the NYPD shoots a random immigrant in NYC 300 times...

For comparison in Germany for their Police Department I think there were a 165 bullets fired in a entire year.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Splicer posted:

Someone should have checked his pulse to see if he was a good candidate.

Remulak
Jun 8, 2001
I can't count to four.
Yams Fan

Splicer posted:

Oh poo poo that's one hell of a pitch.

Edit - last ight I fell down a yt hole of 'Tribute to Squib' videos. There really are some great things about The Internet, I don't care what other people say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba-IxExvKb0

Remulak fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Mar 31, 2021

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
A squibute if you will.

givepatajob
Apr 8, 2003

One finds that this is the best of all possible worlds.

Remulak posted:

Oh poo poo that's one hell of a pitch.

Edit - last ight I fell down a yt hole of 'Tribute to Squib' videos. There really are some great things about The Internet, I don't care what other people say.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ba-IxExvKb0

This made me very happy.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I’ve been thinking about Aliens for all the wrong reasons, courtesy of the CineD version of this thread.

What I’m saying is you guys are chill and cool and I like it, keep on rocking.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
I could only imagine what they do in CineD and the assumed fighting going on.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I like to think CineD is all "No you see, the alien is asexual and implying there's rape allusions is just projecting. :goonsay:"

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Android Apocalypse posted:

I like to think CineD is all "No you see, the alien is asexual and implying there's rape allusions is just projecting. :goonsay:"

Some people have strong opinions about who’s cooking eggs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Speaker
May 8, 2007

WE WILL CONTROL
ALL THAT YOU SEE
AND HEAR

Android Apocalypse posted:

my god it's full of prometheus defenders