Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.

Zombie Land Saga REVEEEEEEEEEENGE is the sequel to the surprise hit anime of 2018, beginning on April 8th. For those who don't know, Zombie Land Saga is an idol anime about a bunch of girls who get brought back from the dead to save the Saga Prefecture from fading into obscurity. The anime was a hit, not only for completely fooling everyone prior to airing that it would be a regular zombie anime ala School Live or High School of the Dead, but also for its humor, its great characters, and for being very heartfelt. Plus it has some banger songs

In the sequel, they will be getting their revenge. Revenge on who? I don't know; in fact, no one really knows what we're in for, so hopefully it will be just as loving crazy as Season 1.

PV1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTpxcLNe1_o

PV2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fcgqj08Jwag

Sakura Minamoto (VA: Kaede Hondo)
Our main heroine, Sakura was killed by Truck-kun ten years ago, and was brought back by Kotaro Tatsumi along with the other girls to save Saga. Is an egghead.

Saki Nikaido (VA: Asami Tano)

The legendary kamikaze gang leader. She's the leader of Franchouchou along with Sakura, and helps to mediate the gang. Loves Tamagotchi and Eggs

Ai Mizuno (VA: Risa Taneda)

The legendary Heisei idol. A shockingly amazing idol, she uses her electrifying talents in order to help lead the less experienced members of the group in practice.

Junko Konno (VA: Maki Kawase)

The legendary Showa idol. She's the best singer of the group, having a deep singing voice. Likes to grow mushrooms on her fluffy hair.

Yugiri (VA: Rika Kinugawa)

The legendary courtesan. She's the big sister of the group, even though Junko is slightly older than her by a few months. Has a slap that rivals Bright Noah, and needs her own episode now thank you Mappa.

Lily Hoshikawa (VA: Minami Tanaka)

The legendary child actress. She's the youngest member of the group, and the most energetic. Has a big heart.

Tae Yamada (VA: Kotono Mitsuishi)

THE LEGENDARY TAE YAMADA! She's so amazing that I can't begin to describe her on this page! She'll punish you in the name of the moon, and force you in (or out) of the robot.

Kotaro Tatsumi (VA: Mamoru Miyano)

The manager of Franchouchou. He's a prick, but a loud, funny prick. He can also be geniuely helpful when the girls are at their lowest. May or may not be a Gundam.

Willo567 fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Apr 5, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Willo567 posted:

May or may not be a Gundam.
But is most definitely well-loved voice, theater & screen actor Mamoru Miyano

As for the show itself, I'm actually excited to see where it goes! I really, really liked Season 1.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I hope my favorite zombie idol group continues to have fun.

Comedy aside though I was surprised at how touching it could be here and there.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Does Zombie Land Saga count as an isekai

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
No.

Still looking forward to this! Hoping for more Yugiri this season.

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
If I were hit by a truck and woke up as an undead idol in the Saga prefecture a decade later, I would consider it being isekai'd.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

LostRook posted:

If I were hit by a truck and woke up as an undead idol in the Saga prefecture a decade later, I would consider it being isekai'd.

I remember a series that seemed like it was Isekai, but the twist was it was time travel to the future.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

MonsterEnvy posted:

I remember a series that seemed like it was Isekai, but the twist was it was time travel to the future.

Yeah, Planet of the apes

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I binged the whole first season in a day thanks to vacation time and also being extremely good. I hope the second season is just as exciting but also makes me suffer because I'm watching it weekly this time.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Also, I decided to rewatch the series, and holy gently caress is Ai's death messed up.

Spoiler: The fact that her body was completely charred black, and that she was hit around 20 times, means that underneath her bandages, she's loving coal. Not only that, but someone translated one of the articles while Ai was looking herself up, and it states that she didn't on the spot, instead dying on the way to the hospital. Combined with her PTSD, I assume that she breifly regained consciousness in the ambulance and was in agonizing pain:stonk:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

quote:

[Yugiri] needs her own episode now thank you Mappa.

YES. GIVE US THE YUGIRI EP.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
A Yugiri episode that appears to be her in life, as a jealous lord orders the assassination of the courtesan who rejected him.

Then the assassin succeeds, and Yugiri carries on as before, because she's already been a zombie for 75 years.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I'm gonna be honest, I never understood why Yugiri's head had to be stitched back on, when the other girls heads can come right off. I get that she probably got decapitated and that's how she died, but why couldn't Kotaro just plop her head back on like the rest of them?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
Perhaps it was stitched on in the past before her burial.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

https://twitter.com/srw_xomg/status/1334835389354274816

I still can't believe this happened, even with all the other poo poo X-Omega added.

I hope we see Saga the Great 7 in Revenge

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Willo567 posted:

https://twitter.com/srw_xomg/status/1334835389354274816

I still can't believe this happened, even with all the other poo poo X-Omega added.

I hope we see Saga the Great 7 in Revenge

Google Translate tells me Zombie Land Saga is going to be in Super Robot Wars.

I don't know if this means they'll be in the robot from the opening credits, somehow turned giant to fight one-on-one with super robots, or just put on a lightning-summoning concert strategically close to the enemy.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Elfface posted:

Google Translate tells me Zombie Land Saga is going to be in Super Robot Wars.

I don't know if this means they'll be in the robot from the opening credits, somehow turned giant to fight one-on-one with super robots, or just put on a lightning-summoning concert strategically close to the enemy.

No, it WAS in SRW X-Omega. It got crossed over with FLCL, Gravion and Exkaiser. And yeah, it was the Masami Obari robot they fought in that Sandman from Gravion built for them, because he's god drat Sandman.

https://twitter.com/180223/status/1337759515089936384

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

New PV

https://twitter.com/zombielandsaga/status/1379026028664872963

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4mZWB0pZR0

OnimaruXLR fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Apr 6, 2021

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

So right now, there's a collaboration going on between Idolmaster Starlit Stage and Zombie Land Saga Revenge

https://twitter.com/imascg_stage/status/1379313289818042369

In addition to a cover of Adabana Necromancy and a 3D movie of the concert, they also added sound effects... that are nothing but Kotaro yelling.

https://twitter.com/deresute_eng/status/1379326483144052737

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Y'know Kotaro doesn't look too bad as a hobo.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
I know right?

Man I've missed these girls.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I've only met them four months ago and I already missed them when I got done watching Season 1 for the first time.

Now I have to pray that they don't pass on at the end of Revenge

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I immediately miss long hair Kotaro. Sakura making it fly around by yelling at him was good.

I guess the obvious inference from the ominous conversation between Kotaro and the old man is that there's a time limit on the girls' zombification and it's going to roll around just in time for the season climax.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Sindai posted:

I immediately miss long hair Kotaro. Sakura making it fly around by yelling at him was good.

I guess the obvious inference from the ominous conversation between Kotaro and the old man is that there's a time limit on the girls' zombification and it's going to roll around just in time for the season climax.

Is it wrong of me to write an alternate ending fantfiction where they don't pass on if that's what happens at the end of Revenge? Because my heart can't take that poo poo

CrazySalamander
Nov 5, 2009

Willo567 posted:

Is it wrong of me to write an alternate ending fantfiction where they don't pass on if that's what happens at the end of Revenge? Because my heart can't take that poo poo

It’s perfectly fine. A lot of people disparage that around here but there’s nothing wrong with that.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Willo567 posted:

Oh I'm sure they'll overcome it somehow, I was just thinking that'd be the source of tension in the finale.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Metalhead guys continue to deliver.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Sindai posted:

what if the time limit is not on the zombies

but on saga prefecture itself

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Sindai posted:

OnimaruXLR posted:

what if the time limit is not on the zombies

but on saga prefecture itself

[spoiler]The Barmaster/Xu Fu said that they could go on living their lives as zombies; does that mean there is no time limit to their zombification?

Brutal Garcon
Nov 2, 2014

I mean, it's strongly implied that the bartender is a zombie himself, if he's who he seems to be. I don't think there's going to be a time limit on zombification- but they might play it up for a fakeout

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Clearly it would be He made a faustian bargain where if he can’t make Franchouchou idols within a year Saga prefecture gets swallowed up by other prefectures. As if the area itself never existed. Hence saving Saga

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

I just had a thought. What if in that scene of Kotaro yelling at the heavens while a storm is going on is Jim communicating with some devine being who's pissed that Kotaro brought the girls back to life, and now wants to destroy Saga as punishment

Kaiser Mazoku
Mar 24, 2011

Didn't you see it!? Couldn't you see my "spirit"!?
I forgot that it was Kotaro doing their makeup. It's pretty funny that no one can do it as well as he can.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Huh, I couldn't find this thread when I checked last.

New song is funky. Shocked that Saki can hold down a steady job.

The most important part of the episode is Junko knows how to use lockpicks. I don't expect this to ever be explained or elaborated on.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I really like how they draw Sakura's expressions. She reminds me of a Peanuts character.

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

CrazySalamander posted:

It’s perfectly fine. A lot of people disparage that around here but there’s nothing wrong with that.

I don't see what would be wrong with me doing that - it's all fiction anyways

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Cygames is nowhere near close to getting the zombieland game done so you can expect at least another season that releases when thats done. Be at ease.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

I want to know what Tai's day job is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

narm00
Feb 18, 2006

Qwertycoatl posted:

I want to know what Tai's day job is

She's working with Sakura - you can see her in freeze-frame running past while Sakura's cleaning the cows.