Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

The REAL Goobusters posted:

oh wow wtf

And now they're playing for tournament life in a deciding match against Alliance as they're both bottom of the group. wow

I missed game one so idk when the switch was made but neon did win game two against TP so at least that went ok

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I can't even imagine what the liability wavers these orgs/players must have had to sign are like

Dunite
Oct 12, 2013
I love Cyclops casting but drat if he doesn't sound like every racists stereotypical asian accent.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao Aster had a beautiful setup on QC and lost three (including two cores) to one (pos 4 earth spirit)

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Dunite posted:

I love Cyclops casting but drat if he doesn't sound like every racists stereotypical asian accent.

**Xyclopz and he owns 100% best in the biz very easy gg also 8k mmr very very easy

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

dang Quinn what a dodge Piccolo would be proud

https://clips.twitch.tv/SoftDarlingKathyBloodTrail-dPmwTN-rl0sb82XS

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Neon just dumpstered Alliance game one

sugar free jazz
Mar 5, 2008

Cap stream is like 90% making GBS threads on EU as a region and, frankly, :haibrower:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

VG running an offlane alch and gave the first aghs to Void Spirit over Monkey King. Not sure I'm a fan of that choice.

Meanwhile, Aster is running a carry Alch against QC and are down in net worth at 15 minutes

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

sugar free jazz posted:

Cap stream is like 90% making GBS threads on EU as a region and, frankly, :haibrower:

xyclops would be intolerable just in the abstract, but compared to the cap cast its not even a competition

turboraton
Aug 28, 2011
Peru is back just like me on this thread.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

PlayHard is going berserk on rubick and I am here for it

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
Some drat good rubick play in this Neon/Alliance game

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

turboraton posted:

Peru is back just like me on this thread.

Playhard’s Rubick is fantastic. (Neon vs Alliance game 2.) Steals arena to zone out Weaver and Io.

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
and Playhard just stole another Requiem and turned the entire fight around

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

alas it wasn't enough

Alliance has LGD and Liquid and Neon just has Liquid left. Gonna be interesting to see what happens.

Alas I need to sleep now, dang work :(

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Liquid and Alliance are about to face each other.

It’s not good either, one of them is going home I think. Alliance can 2-0 and force a tiebreaker but I don’t know if this will be a reality. Alliance has really looked just completely solved for the most part. Signs of life here and there but they’re just not able to keep up with the other teams

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I wonder if either of them has the capability of somewhat pulling themselves together after the group stages

IncendiaC
Sep 25, 2011
What a fight in VG/Thunder game 1: VG teamwipes thunder in a big rosh fight after being behind the entire game, then straight up ends the game 2 minutes later

e: ya alliance playing like poo poo

IncendiaC fucked around with this message at 10:56 on Mar 30, 2021

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Alliance are almost certain about to get eliminated, Limmp and S4 just haven't shown up at all at the major.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Secret making GBS threads the bed in the playoffs too would be really funny

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Alliance have officially been eliminated.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lmao

https://twitter.com/LodaBerg/status/1376837582923866116

E: LGD picked carry io and made quincy crew rage gg lmao

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 11:16 on Mar 30, 2021

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Techies for the final game of groups, nice

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
Bracket is out:

RisqueBarber
Jul 10, 2005

https://twitter.com/Noxville/status/1376876305803788291?s=20

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
TP get rewarded for winning the group stage by getting to play a team from a lovely region in round 1, I see no problem.

It was all drawn randomly and I'm not sure there's a 'fair' way to seed the teams when 5 of them didn't play in the group stage.

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
As usual, noxville's tweet is unfocused, but he's complaining about the prize distribution, not the seeding

Every one of these teams should be getting something out of being at the tournament at all. That was the crux of the complaints about the former DPC setup (teams cannot be good enough to get good results without being paid to play full-time, and can't attract sponsors to pay them full-time unless they get good results) and it hasn't been improved upon meaningfully by the new setup

Teams are basically getting "paid" in exposure which is plainly lovely

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Yeah the prize/dpc point distribution is a bit silly. You'd think everyone qualifying at least for the main event if not group stages should be guaranteed some points.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TheRat posted:

Yeah the prize/dpc point distribution is a bit silly. You'd think everyone qualifying at least for the main event if not group stages should be guaranteed some points.

They are guaranteed points. They got points from the qualifiers.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Oh right, I forgot the weird dreamleague is acutally a qualifier to singapore system.

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

emdash posted:

As usual, noxville's tweet is unfocused, but he's complaining about the prize distribution, not the seeding

Every one of these teams should be getting something out of being at the tournament at all. That was the crux of the complaints about the former DPC setup (teams cannot be good enough to get good results without being paid to play full-time, and can't attract sponsors to pay them full-time unless they get good results) and it hasn't been improved upon meaningfully by the new setup

Teams are basically getting "paid" in exposure which is plainly lovely

Well, that's not entirely true. The biggest issue is that the current prize distribution doesn't go far enough in EU/NA. The league prize payouts are pretty good for the other regions (maybe less so for some Chinese and some Singaporean players). Actually the place where this is the biggest issue is NA, which both lacks teams to provide salaries and also has a higher cost of living. I'm not saying that NA/EU should get paid more than other regions either just that it's not quite as bad as it might look at first blush. I don't think a more progressive prize distribution really solves this situation though, to be honest. The prize pools are just too small to be the entire income for a team. For some reason we still don't have fan bundles.

McSharpie
Nov 11, 2005
Hotter than Garrison Keillor, but just a little bit.
The distribution is really weighted towards the DPC Leagues. If Liquipedia is correct then TP got 300 points and $28,000 for coming in 2nd in the SA league. If they end up in 5th-6th at the major they'll also get 300 DPC points and only $25,000. Winning the major is worth the same number of DPC points (500) as coming first in the league for your region.

e: Also the schedule for the lower bracket looks hosed. VP/LGD is the last game of the first day and the loser of that has to play QC in the very first game of day 2?

McSharpie fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Mar 30, 2021

shades of blue
Sep 27, 2012

McSharpie posted:

The distribution is really weighted towards the DPC Leagues. If Liquipedia is correct then TP got 300 points and $28,000 for coming in 2nd in the SA league. If they end up in 5th-6th at the major they'll also get 300 DPC points and only $25,000. Winning the major is worth the same number of DPC points (500) as coming first in the league for your region.

Sure, but getting 2nd or 3rd will net you 450 or 400 points. As it stands, the DPC format is mostly setup in order to make doing well in and out of region both roughly equally important. Getting top 8 at the Major and 2nd in your League is the same as getting 1st in your League and bombing out of the Major. This is by design and imo it's a pretty good thing.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

They need to just pay the teams/players way more imo. They certainly make enough money to do so.

It'll never happen though.

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

I posted in the Regular DOTA Thread the other day for general Chen Advice, but if I wanted to watch pro games of Chen what would be the easiest way to find MatchIDs? On DOTABuff's eSports tab it's all geared towards filtering by teams/leagues, no real ability to filter on a Hero from what I can see.

For now I just combed through n0tail's match history for Chen wins, because he's the only pro I could think of that I see on Chen often enough. And even then he's 2/5 on Chen in the last year lol

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sab669 posted:

I posted in the Regular DOTA Thread the other day for general Chen Advice, but if I wanted to watch pro games of Chen what would be the easiest way to find MatchIDs? On DOTABuff's eSports tab it's all geared towards filtering by teams/leagues, no real ability to filter on a Hero from what I can see.

For now I just combed through n0tail's match history for Chen wins, because he's the only pro I could think of that I see on Chen often enough. And even then he's 2/5 on Chen in the last year lol

Puppey is the Chen master you're looking for

https://www.dotabuff.com/esports/players/87278757-puppey?hero=chen

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Sab669 posted:

Hahaha that reminds me when he got mad that PPD mentioned that EU picking Chen meant they were a dead region

https://twitter.com/og_bdn0tail/status/1359563983343280141?s=21

Also can’t wait to see thunder predator take out secret

Sab669
Sep 24, 2009

wtf, I don't associate Puppey with Chen for some reason despite Puppey being like my other favorite pro :( Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Puppey (and Akke I suppose) was the original Chen god.