Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Spookydonut posted:

What even happened to the inquisitors? did phoenix kill them all?

I think all but one have been accounted for. But they would have been operating around this time. They're one of the major things that Filoni hasn't introduced into live action yet. Them and the Clones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
https://twitter.com/disney/status/1376897156422934528?s=21

New Bad Batch trailer

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

Who's the kid?

e: \/\/\/\/\/ almost definitely

Moon Slayer fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Mar 30, 2021

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Was that Saw in that?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Alright, now they have my attention.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Interesting, I hadn’t considered the show would be about them on the run from the empire. I figured it would focus on them adapting to life as Imperial spec-ops assets.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Im sure I'm in the minority but, can we get a show without a kid element? Clone Wars, Rebels, Mandalorian, and now this. Filoni really loves this story hook.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

DurosKlav posted:

Im sure I'm in the minority but, can we get a show without a kid element? Clone Wars, Rebels, Mandalorian, and now this. Filoni really loves this story hook.

If Ahsoka, Sabine, and Ezra have taught me anything about the "kid" element in Star Wars, it's that they know what they're doing with them

...just hope they're not a Kazuda - which given they actually have a weapon, seems unlikely

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

DurosKlav posted:

When we're introduced to him, Luke was considered a kid. Anakin starts off as an even younger kid.

I hate to break it to you but kids are an integral element of Star Wars.

Hell, most of us were all kids when we watched a Star War for the first time. Star Wars is for kids, enjoyed by grown ups.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

AndyElusive posted:

When we're introduced to him, Luke was considered a kid. Anakin starts off as an even younger kid.

I hate to break it to you but kids are an integral element of Star Wars.

Hell, most of us were all kids when we watched a Star War for the first time. Star Wars is for kids, enjoyed by grown ups.

Problem is he's tapped that well so many loving times, move onto a new plot point. Every show does not need to have a kid element.

DurosKlav fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Mar 30, 2021

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

DurosKlav posted:

I'm not sure it's his mandate, so much as Lucasarts and Disneys. Ahsoka was also barely a kid under Filoni, and even in the first season I'm pretty sure she was treated as an older teen. She wasn't actually that age, but narratively she might as well have been because she was just another combatant for the most part if I recall. That was certainly the case once the show got it's legs under it. Same with Erza in Rebels really. Also, Favraeu was absolutely the one dictating the kid in Mandalorian and not Filoni, and that was at least partially because the show was basically space Lone Wolf & Cub. Just because Filoni was involved in it's production does not make it his decision.

Moon Slayer
Jun 19, 2007

And let's be honest, it's not like Star Wars was ever an adult series for adults. Did any of us ITT not get into it as kids?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Grain of salt and all, but some folks online are speculating that given her name via the subtitles (Omega), her Kaminoan dress, and her NZ accent, the kid may be a female clone.

They’re also speculating that since we don’t see Crosshair in any of the post-Kamino trailer scenes he may either sacrifice himself so the others can escape or join the Empire in hunting 99 down. If the latter, then he may be the clone in the special black armor from the other trailer.

Either one could be an interesting way to shake up the clone dynamic.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

bunnyofdoom posted:

Was that Saw in that?

Oh, I bet that is Saw.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
Also sounded like his original TCW actor doing his best Forest Whitaker?

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Also the subtitles say it's him.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Moon Slayer posted:

And let's be honest, it's not like Star Wars was ever an adult series for adults. Did any of us ITT not get into it as kids?

Does mid to late teens count? I'm sure I was aware of the existence of Star Wars as a kid, but it wasn't till I played TIE Fighter on PC and read some of the EU books that I became a fan. I've also never really cared about the movies, and haven't seen a third of them. I've seen the three original trilogy movies, but fall asleep almost every time I've tried watching them, saw both Phantom Menace and The Clone Wars, but was bored enough by the latter I never even bothered with Revenge and checked out on the new trilogy after finding Force Awakens entertaining in the moment but kind of boring and derivative upon thinking about it for a few minutes as soon as I left the cinema. I also disliked that it basically shat all over the original trilogy character's lives in order to reset things to s similar status quo for the new cast. As such I've only ever really enjoyed Star Wars for some of the games, books, comics etc rather than the mainline films. Some of the data books, like the Complete Guides made for interesting reading too.

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Grain of salt and all, but some folks online are speculating that given her name via the subtitles (Omega), her Kaminoan dress, and her NZ accent, the kid may be a female clone.

They’re also speculating that since we don’t see Crosshair in any of the post-Kamino trailer scenes he may either sacrifice himself so the others can escape or join the Empire in hunting 99 down. If the latter, then he may be the clone in the special black armor from the other trailer.

Either one could be an interesting way to shake up the clone dynamic.

What if the girl is a clone. Of Duchess Satine. Or a female relative

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

bunnyofdoom posted:

What if the girl is a clone. Of Duchess Satine. Or a female relative

That's exactly what I thought.

It's amazing how the only Clone Wars spin off that I would have like to of seen less of was involving the sisters, I'm now pretty excited about Bad Batch now because it looks like we're going to see the first years of the Empire. We know very little about the state of the galaxy in that time, the earliest thing we have set before A New Hope is Solo which is only what, 10 years or less?

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
Fallen Order is a few years before Solo.

Spookydonut
Sep 13, 2010

"Hello alien thoughtbeasts! We murder children!"
~our children?~
"Not recently, no!"
~we cool bro~
All of star wars is about how its up to the kids to unfuck everything, which in these times is a message I can get behind.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Cross-Section posted:

awww yeah

https://twitter.com/megsokay/status/1371902119645679616?s=20

that last one is the short from the Holiday Special, if I remember correctly

So these are all up now as "The Vintage Collection"

https://twitter.com/PhilSzostak/status/1378015657938219013?s=20

Looks like most of them are in HD at least, which is a sweet bonus.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Would be interested to get details on the HD of the Ewok tv movies, as I don't believe they were shot on film? So I guess they're an uprez? I doubt they went back and rescanned the original elements, so they took the cheaper solution a lot of studios are doing with back catalog content.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses

Teek posted:

Would be interested to get details on the HD of the Ewok tv movies, as I don't believe they were shot on film? So I guess they're an uprez? I doubt they went back and rescanned the original elements, so they took the cheaper solution a lot of studios are doing with back catalog content.

Animation's produced on film before being converted to video formats. They wouldn't use a videotape version unless it's the only thing they have.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Teek posted:

The two ewok movies were definitely shot on film.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

That's great then, guess they've always existed in crap formats so it's a surprise.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Ah, I forgot how pissy Anakin looks in Clone Wars. Yet somehow fitting. There's a lot of thematic foreshadowing as he's basically the Republic's weapon of brute force.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Ewoks S1 Theme Music > Ewoks S2 Theme Music, don't @ me

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Put the entire holiday special up, cowards. Don't cry rights to me, you're Disney, you have more money than many countries.

galenanorth
May 19, 2016

In the "Nomad Droids" arc, the Aleena were more grating than Jar-Jar, but this moment was hilarious

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTbtexjmpz8

Shouldn't have gone with a voice vote, C-3PO! I like how all the clones in Anakin's troop are decorating their helmets at this point

galenanorth fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Apr 7, 2021

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

galenanorth posted:

In the "Nomad Droids" arc, the Aleena were more grating than Jar-Jar

I love the trooper reacting to the little guy flying past them and waving happily:
"Ugh, it's going to be one of THOSE planets."

Radio!
Mar 15, 2008

Look at that post.

Dave Syndrome posted:

I love the trooper reacting to the little guy flying past them and waving happily:
"Ugh, it's going to be one of THOSE planets."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v6vrAEGXzkY
I feel you, trooper

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Barely getting into this clone wars show. Should I watch in chronological order that all these websites have?

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

The REAL Goobusters posted:

Barely getting into this clone wars show. Should I watch in chronological order that all these websites have?

Either works honestly. Also the Clone Wars movie is canon and features the proper introduction of Ahsoka.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Larryb posted:

Either works honestly. Also the Clone Wars movie is canon and features the proper introduction of Ahsoka.

But its real bad. Like the worst kinds of kids cartoons with only missing a big dance number to a song popular at the time to top it off.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

twistedmentat posted:

But its real bad. Like the worst kinds of kids cartoons with only missing a big dance number to a song popular at the time to top it off.

It's no worse than the rest of S1 and 2 clone wars. Which, yeah, it's aimed at a lower age bracket than the show ended up being overall, but it's not this horrible travesty.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

jivjov posted:

It's no worse than the rest of S1 and 2 clone wars. Which, yeah, it's aimed at a lower age bracket than the show ended up being overall, but it's not this horrible travesty.

I'd say it's a bit worse. But yeah, it's roughly on par.

Mostly it's just a shame that the show gets off to such a bad start. And that the movie was released in theaters as some big event when it's just...eh. Especially considering how incredible the show ends up becoming.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Just stop watching the movie after the first big battle with Ahsoka and you'll be fine.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

thrawn527 posted:

I'd say it's a bit worse. But yeah, it's roughly on par.

Mostly it's just a shame that the show gets off to such a bad start. And that the movie was released in theaters as some big event when it's just...eh. Especially considering how incredible the show ends up becoming.

Good ol George. Literally just decided one day "we're gonna have a theatrical premiere for this show" and the production team had to hastily cram 4 episodes together

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
if you're doing the whole thing for the first time i'd say it's worth watching just because it's the introduction for a bunch of characters, but when you're doing a rewatch...you're gonna skip it