Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Chinatown posted:

Along with the combo slice, they need to bring back the goddamn turkey sandwich, caesar salad, and my loving ONION DISPENSER

HEAR HEAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Lots of carrot cakes have pineapple in them and it’s great :confused:

Maybe it’s a regional thing, like corn in chili

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

costco would make so much loving money if they put their pizzas on grubhub/doordash/uber eats/caviar

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

gently caress that poo poo, I already hate dealing with those loving instacart assholes

Knot My President!
Jan 10, 2005

I explicitly left out instacart from that list lol they wanted $100+ to deliver a loving Roomba to my house

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

They will seriously roll up with three customers orders in their cart, expect us to sort all the poo poo for them, box it all separately while holding up the entire line. BTW we're rated on how fast we can process members, those fuckers destroy our statistics every time they come through. When they were letting 'em in early hours when lifts were on the floor, I saw so many of them almost getting hit by forklifts cause they couldn't loving pay attention for a second.

I hate them so loving much

Anyways we wouldn't make money the profit per whole pizza is like a dollar

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

their pizza is better than like 60% of the small pizzerias near where i live.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

My buddy was on leave and we got wasted and ordered dominos, loving fifty bucks for two small rear end pizza's, some pop, and some wings. The pizza size at the Foodcourt has destroyed my objectivity towards pizza size

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I had a slice for lunch today and the pepperoni was crisped up just right

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I still do Dominos but only carryout because they have $9 deals, delivery is so loving expensive.

Virigoth
Apr 28, 2009

Corona rules everything around me
C.R.E.A.M. get the virus
In the ICU y'all......

Gaius Marius posted:

gently caress that poo poo, I already hate dealing with those loving instacart assholes

A lot of local businesses here have stopped using them and rehired delivery staff because they take such a large cut and we’re having to remake so many mess because their drivers were lazy or stupid or both. My neighbor complains that DoorFash always fucks yo his order but keeps using them because :effort: Like bro that place is five minutes away max.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
got one week left before my covid shots are in fUlL EfFeCt and a slice of the 'o 'a is high on my list of poo poo I havent done in a year

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

In these anxious times, one of my most consistent pleasures in life has become sorting my Costco cart so all the barcodes are visible and the employees don't have to do poo poo except wave the scanner over everything. People are super nice about noticing and thanking me for it too.

Welp that's my story.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

FCKGW posted:

I still do Dominos but only carryout because they have $9 deals, delivery is so loving expensive.

that is literally the only circumstance under which I will gently caress with Dominos, and even then there are literally three better pizzerias within the same walking radius if I wanna spend more.

What Midwestern hellhole are y’all writing from that you’re dropping $50 on some heated up frozen wings from Dominos?

Costco pizza is good for what it is, it’s good for two bucks a slice when you want a change from the hot dog, and on the continuum of lovely landlocked-America white people “I only eat beige plates” bread-pizza it’s arguably some of the best of its breed. But let’s not pretend it stands up to pizza from literally any pizzeria charging $10+ a pie.

It is definitely not the hot dog, and it’s not the hot dog of pizza deals, unless you’re only counting by mass I guess.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Ok Comboomer posted:

Costco pizza is good for what it is, it’s good for two bucks a slice when you want a change from the hot dog, and on the continuum of lovely landlocked-America white people “I only eat beige plates” bread-pizza it’s arguably some of the best of its breed. But let’s not pretend it stands up to pizza from literally any pizzeria charging $10+ a pie.

It is definitely not the hot dog, and it’s not the hot dog of pizza deals, unless you’re only counting by mass I guess.

Any halfway decent pizza in Seattle is going to be $25-30, so the $10 for the Costco pizza is a crazy good deal on par with the dog.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Pizza price inflation is a sign of the end of the world. Soon a pie will cost 50 dollars.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Virigoth posted:

A lot of local businesses here have stopped using them and rehired delivery staff because they take such a large cut and we’re having to remake so many mess because their drivers were lazy or stupid or both. My neighbor complains that DoorFash always fucks yo his order but keeps using them because :effort: Like bro that place is five minutes away max.

My favorite Mexican place (which does great business) flat out refused to use any of the delivery services. He said they charge the business and the customer on each order so why TF would they use it.

Those delivery companies sure get their cake and eat it too.

Fashionably Great
Jul 10, 2008

Shwqa posted:

It not too hard to go under $100 if you already get some stuff from different suppliers/allergies. Like I get eggs and meat from a local ranches and my partner can't have milk. The cheese isle and muffins have no effect on us! My dog also has to get specialized food that isn't at costco. A light trip for us is like:

Tofu
Frozen shrimp
Frozen berries
Spinach
Chips
Salsa

Stuff like gummy vitamins, toilet paper, trash bags, dishwasher soap, etc get thrown in as needed but they can last a long time.

Honestly most of my two person household trips are under $100, it's just that we have a few big ticket purchases a year that knock us into the category where the executive membership is worth it. Like the $1300 TV a few weeks ago and the vacation we're planning.

Right now we're on pre-weight loss surgery diets so protein shakes and powder are much cheaper at the 'co. Usually it's one replacement of a bulk household item like TP, soap or cat litter, a few grocery purchases (normandy blend and greek yogurt = blessed) and a case of some protein product. Usually roll out with a cart under $100.

Our rebate is already almost $50 since it reset in November.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Ok Comboomer posted:

that is literally the only circumstance under which I will gently caress with Dominos, and even then there are literally three better pizzerias within the same walking radius if I wanna spend more.

What Midwestern hellhole are y’all writing from that you’re dropping $50 on some heated up frozen wings from Dominos?

I'm not a pizza snob, I want a hot wheel of cheese and pepperoni in my face for the lowest possible price.

If I'm not eating Costco or Dominos then it's Little Caesars $5 Hot N' Ready.

Anaxite
Jan 16, 2009

What? What'd you say? Stop channeling? I didn't he-

Martman posted:

In these anxious times, one of my most consistent pleasures in life has become sorting my Costco cart so all the barcodes are visible and the employees don't have to do poo poo except wave the scanner over everything. People are super nice about noticing and thanking me for it too.

Welp that's my story.

I appreciate it every time I see it! Even if I go on automatic, start loading things on the belt and realize that welp someone was being super nice.

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

if you don't have anything nice to say about costco pizza, just don't say anything.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hell Yeah posted:

if you don't have anything nice to say about costco pizza, just don't say anything.

It used to be better before they changed the recipe.

It’s still good but it used to be better.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I wonder how many people realized we stopped putting parm on them

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

FCKGW posted:

I'm not a pizza snob, I want a hot wheel of cheese and pepperoni in my face for the lowest possible price.

If I'm not eating Costco or Dominos then it's Little Caesars $5 Hot N' Ready.

Fig 1: capitalism ruins pizza

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Gaius Marius posted:

SO THATS WHY THE FLAVOR GOT WORSE

namlosh
Feb 11, 2014

I name this haircut "The Sad Rhino".
Pizza pizza!

I like little caesars

But I live across from Costco and I like it too, so with one exception, I haven’t ordered pizza from anywhere else in 3 years

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

mds2 posted:

I bought the $169 shark at Costco. We have a golden retriever that sheds like crazy and this thing has a pre-roller thing that catches all the hair before it gets to the brushes. It works awesome.

Edit: this one Shark Rocket DuoClean Corded Stick Vacuum with Self-Cleaning Brushroll https://www.costco.com/shark-rocket-duoclean-corded-stick-vacuum-with-self-cleaning-brushroll.product.100587397.html

Thanks for the recommendation. I will look into this one. See if she wants to try it out.

Enos Cabell posted:

I hope someone comes in to prove me a liar but I don't think such a thing exists. We've got long hair and pets and own both a Shark corded and Dyson Animal V7 wireless, and the rollers on both get completely covered in no time at all. I've owned other brands in the past (hoover at least and one other I can't recall) and they all do the same drat thing. I've gotten really good with a box cutter and vice grips to clean them off by now.

This was what I was thinking too because I have never seen one without bristles that would grab all the hair.

I will have to get her one of those envelope opener things to see fi that helps with the current vacuum.

fischtick
Jul 9, 2001

CORGO, THE DESTROYER

Fun Shoe
I use a steak knife to cut the hair out of our Dyson. It’s not as dangerous as it sounds.

The new roomba has these textured rubber rollers that do a remarkable job of collecting hair, then you simply pop them out and side the hair off to one end. I’ve been pretty happy with the new roomba, but it’s a LOT louder than the old one, and with everyone home. All. The. Time. it’s hard to find a time to run it.

Bucnasti
Aug 14, 2012

I'll Fetch My Sarcasm Robes

BONGHITZ posted:

Pizza price inflation is a sign of the end of the world. Soon a pie will cost 50 dollars.

I worked at Pizza Hut in the early 90s and their pizzas are actually (very slightly) cheaper now than they were then. Delivery used to be free though, so total cost for delivered pizzas have gone up but not nearly as much as other other things have increased in the same time.

It makes me wonder what they’ve done to keep the costs down.

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

every year I buy Costco.com's 15-pack of Mountain House freeze-dried meals, but this year some of the meals are Chicken & Dumplings which.... is not my first choice at all : /

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Bucnasti posted:

I worked at Pizza Hut in the early 90s and their pizzas are actually (very slightly) cheaper now than they were then. Delivery used to be free though, so total cost for delivered pizzas have gone up but not nearly as much as other other things have increased in the same time.

probably supply chain integration and cutting/automating corporate office staff. It’s easy to forget how many flesh + blood jobs have already been eaten by the last 30 years of corporate IT deployment

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Bucnasti posted:

Have you had pizza hut recently?

There's a perfectly good market for fast food garbage pizza and even in the land of good pizza, I get the hankering for some.

Pizza hut is the only one that consistently leaves me disappointed. It loving sucks.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Gaius Marius posted:

why would you do this?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

BONGHITZ posted:

why would you do this?

parm is expensive compared to cheap moz, and margins are razor razor thin (at best) on their staple products which is why they're focussing on $6 acai bowls, acai ice cream, vegan al pastor salads, $6 hamburger, etc.

plus most people are just looking to shovel a $1.99 slice of 800 kcal down their gullet in seconds and wash it down immediately with a sierra mist (and hey not knocking that, tis cool with me). it's just most people aren't going to notice.

i also think they changed their bread and sauce recipes sometime around 2007-2011.

Xaris fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Mar 31, 2021

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.
Ordered a mantis egg case from costco.ca so I'm pretty excited to let my swarm start feasting on whatever bugs are in my backyard

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
This mantis thing is intriguing to me. What kind of stuff do they normally feed on? Like would our humming bird friends be at risk? Or do the mantises just hang out in the grass and gobble up things down there? We don't have a shitload of bugs around here but every year I do find one or two in our warehouse at work so I guess they do have a reason for existing in this area (Portland, Or).

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Inspector 34 posted:

This mantis thing is intriguing to me. What kind of stuff do they normally feed on? Like would our humming bird friends be at risk? Or do the mantises just hang out in the grass and gobble up things down there? We don't have a shitload of bugs around here but every year I do find one or two in our warehouse at work so I guess they do have a reason for existing in this area (Portland, Or).

Pretty sure it would not affect hummingbirds, they’re not that big!

From the blurb:

quote:

An excellent general predator! Praying mantis consumes aphids, beetles, flies, mosquitos, moths, caterpillars and any insect they can catch. Praying mantis, an insect with an innate killer attitude, is a great garden predator. One egg case hatches many tiny babies that quickly disperse throughout your garden. Your egg case contains approximately 40 to 400 eggs.

Mating occurs again in early fall and more egg cases will be laid that will hatch the following summer. The egg case is laid as a foam that hardens into a spongy almost indestructible mass, usually laid attached to a shrub, weed, grass, etc., a few feet off the ground. The egg mass survives freezing, thawing, rain and all the elements to hatch in the early summer to start the cycle again.

They actually make kind of neat pets too, of a sort:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ty3F30lgHZs
(I don’t have exotic pets but I love this guy’s YouTube channel)

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
40-400!?! I mean I think our yard could accommodate 40ish pretty well, but 400 would be overwhelming. I know that scarcity of food will take care of them somewhat but I don't want to inflict them involuntarily upon our neighbors. Maybe one of them will inflict them on us.

However, we have a few planters filled with bamboo and grass in a u-shape around most of the house and man I can just imagine how well they'd hide up in the bamboo. My friend's daughter comes to mow the grass about once a month in the Summer and this could be a great way to surprise her into learning about carnivorous insects.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

They are super cannibalistic so overcrowding will sort itself out :haw:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
If I leave some string about will they fashion the skulls of their former comrades into necklaces or belts?