Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: bagmonkey)

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Ventral EggSac posted:

Seconding The Vast of Night, other recs:

Black Sheep (2006 - not the Chris Farley one, though that one's great too)

The city of lost children

Hunt for the Wilderpeople

Saw Black Sheep when it came out, I think I liked it alright but it didn't leave much of an impression. Watched the Chris Farley one recently and man is that a step down from Tommy Boy.

I know that I have rented the city of lost children but I'm not sure if I actually watched it because I remember nothing. I actually got another copy recently and have been meaning to check it out.

Hunt for the Wilderpeople was pretty good, maybe my favorite of Waititi's films. A lot of his movies fall flat for me even though they seem very much in my wheel house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Ever watch Troll Hunter?

Oh how about low-budget sci-fi movie Coherence?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Schurik posted:

Scott pilgrim is good if you read the comics, which devalues the movie a bit but the sorry gets fleshed out

Also watch Ghost Story

I tried to watch Ghost Story but I was really not in the mood for it. I don't remember what mood I was in or anything about the part of it that I watched, which does make it hard to figure out what mood I should be in.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I haven't gotten drunk in a bit (too busy playing the new harvest moon) but thinking about cracking open some seltzers and watching a horror movie or two here soon

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Aardvark! posted:

Ever watch Troll Hunter?

Oh how about low-budget sci-fi movie Coherence?

Yes and yes.

I watch a lot of movies, kind of a film dork. I spent a large chunk of my adult years writing and directing but then I decided maybe it would be good to have money someday.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

The trump lol thread is about to hit page 5000. This thread really needs to step up its game.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

PinheadSlim posted:

I had covid early and it's seriously messing with my heart and lungs still, it's so much harder to work out which sucks because I've gained a lot of weight too ugh

On the positive side though I'm loving doing it, my body can betray me all it wants but I ain't giving up

I feel you, I got covid in March 2020 and was knocked on my rear end for 3 months and now I have asthma and ongoing bouts of extreme exhaustion.

For the past month I've barely been able to get anything done, just drained as gently caress, and I decided that maybe forcing myself to get more active would raise my energy levels. Instead I discovered that I just have about 8 hours a week in which I can do active things like standing or thinking hard, and if I do 8 hours of it one day I'm done for the week.

Really want to be done with this poo poo.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Revins posted:

I stopped reading the trump thread awhile back. I caved and peeked at a page and it was just dozens of screenshots of fox news that all made my blood boil so I noped out

I'm gonna make a single post on page 5000 which is probably happening rn, but yeah I ducked out of it too

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Mr. Nice! posted:

The trump lol thread is about to hit page 5000. This thread really needs to step up its game.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

also we have been stepping up lately, yesterday was like 200 posts in here

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

alexandriao posted:

there IS a way to do it i just can never remember :(

it when you import an image i think????

I used that app to do all the text finishing on my pepsi thing, I think it came out well

https://twitter.com/TipVfl/status/1376986928088670210?s=19

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Mr. Nice! posted:

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
alright sling found footage/webcam/etc movies at me. off the top of my head I've seen

all the paranormal activities
as above so below
Creep/2
Vhs/2/3
Hellhouse LLC/2
Troll Hunter

probably a lot more than that. I loved vhs 1/2 best though.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Aardvark! posted:

alright sling found footage/webcam/etc movies at me. off the top of my head I've seen

as above so below
Creep/2
Vhs/2/3
Hellhouse LLC/2
Troll Hunter

Did you see The Visit? It's an M Night Shyamalan movie from 2015, it was basically his super low budget chance to prove himself again after his string of The Happening, The Last Airbender, and After Earth.

It's pretty good for a PG-13 found footage horror movie.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I forgot that was a Found Footage movie. I saw it when it came out, and likewise thought it was Pretty Good

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
What's going on in the trump lol thread?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

fridge corn posted:

Posting, a lot of it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Many posts. The biggest and most beautiful posts.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Page 5000

The power number

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Aardvark! posted:

as above so below
Creep/2
Vhs/2/3
Hellhouse LLC/2
Troll Hunter

[REC], but dont watch the western remake. Its starts off pretty slow for like the first 20 minutes or so but the rest of the movie is pretty nuts

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

fridge corn posted:

not as many trops and toupes as the c-spam thread, but still a considerable amount of trudn as well.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Did you ever see Rec? The spanish zombie found footage movie? I remember liking that alright back when it came out. It was later adapted into an American film called Quarantine, which I never saw.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

[REC], but dont watch the western remake. Its starts off pretty slow for like the first 20 minutes or so but the rest of the movie is pretty nuts

gently caress

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Seen both versions. I watched the original version with my college roommate on a computer monitor with $13 walmart speakers we put on the coffee table right in front of the couch. Still loving scary as hell somehow, great movie.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

ok, but you ever heard of the blair witch project? :smuggo:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

there's this little movie called cloverfield you might wanna check out :smuggo:

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Tip posted:

there's this little movie called cloverfield you might wanna check out :smuggo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfaHpCpsHwE

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
You know what movie I really liked surprisingly? The Facebook detective movie "Searching" starring John Cho.

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Tip posted:

ok, but you ever heard of the blair witch project? :smuggo:

I was gonna make this joke but misspell blair as blare, decided against it for personal reasons

Isn't there a teen superhero movie with found footage? Chronicle?

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

sebmojo posted:

I was gonna make this joke but misspell blair as blare, decided against it for personal reasons

Isn't there a teen superhero movie with found footage? Chronicle?

Yeah, I thought about suggesting that but it barely skirts into horror and I figured you've probably seen it. It was good.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Chronicle was cool when I saw it in theaters but I bet it's pretty dumb on a rewatch now

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
Forgot to mention I've seen every found footage movie ever made sorry

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

I just found this footage and I'm horrified
https://twitter.com/samthielman/status/1376913406117220353

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Aardvark! posted:

Forgot to mention I've seen every found footage movie ever made sorry

Did you see Europa Report? It wasn't good.

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
I love marianne williamson

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Crystals

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
This thread will also make it to 5000 pages.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Meme Poker Party posted:

This thread will also make it to 5000 pages.

That's too many pages.

First post on page 1000 should be the last post

Then we make the 5,000 page thread

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

already made a deal with the mods so that once we hit page 1000 they'll change the forum settings to 50 posts per page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Why not 53 posts per page?