Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Aye Doc posted:

i agree except dont ever cheat and do 6666 because its basically the anti-cool playthrough

Yeah, I can say from personal experience the cheated all high stats playthrough is weirdly not interesting at all. I kind of approach 3/3/3/3 as the junior version of that, though of course a blind playthrough will still encounter its share of difficulties. It's certainly at its worst only if you know all the game's tricks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service

Harlock posted:

Excited to dive in on PS5 but am a little bummed at the text size. This game is clearly optimized to be played in front of a monitor, but anything further than 6 feet from a big TV and item/skill descriptions become hard to read. Dialogue seems fine.

is there not an option in the settings menu to change text size on ps5?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Good Soldier Svejk posted:

Switch release isn't until Q3, Stadia is out today.

Cool makes that easy. Guess I'll do a different playthrough on the switch.

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Another little 40mb update just came out.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

I remember being able to hover over a skill check and seeing what your roll would be for it. Did they remove that?

e: Maybe it's not available in Hardcore mode.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Au Revoir Shosanna posted:

is there not an option in the settings menu to change text size on ps5?

There is, but it only makes an appreciable difference on dialogue and incidental on screen text. Item and skill descriptions are too long to make any real improvements.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

So far I have to say I'm very impressed. I was sceptical about changing voice actors but every single one has been an improvement on the original.

unattended spaghetti
May 10, 2013
Game feels a little sluggish on ps4 and had a hard lock in a conversation just outside the room where you start, just FYI.

macabresca
Jan 26, 2019

I WANNA HUG
I installed the thing, didn't have any problems and it seems to be running well. It's pretty awesome :allears: I'm still experimenting with skill options but I'm gravitating toward role-playing a sad himbo. Thought it was a tad depressing but then I got to regain mental health points by cheering a mailbox on :unsmith:

Also, Raphaël Ambrosius Cousteau :allears:

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
stats for a judge dread playtrough?

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Gorn Myson posted:

So far I have to say I'm very impressed. I was sceptical about changing voice actors but every single one has been an improvement on the original.

Ugh I was so worried about whether Klaasje's voice would stay the same or still sound good that I didn't think about Garte or Lena, they're throwing me off a bit. Garte I'm getting used to, I probably wouldn't mind it at all if I hadn't heard his old voice to compare to. But Lena sounds SO different, it's really odd to me. I miss her old voice a lot.

The necktie is amazing though, yes, I'm successfully distracted now

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

Oh poo, the game crashes on me while the first loading screen shows.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I am so, so loving happy I heard Half Light tell me to kill him(Cuno) but I failed the check by 1 and then I heard Cuno talk about how loving awesome he is while Kim said "No" when I asked him to help me.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
This game feels a lot different now that I'm trapped in an apt, even happily trapped.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

I have a very long crash-looking hang on startup, but in my case at least the game's able to recover from it and be normal if you give it a minute.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

No Mods No Masters posted:

I have a very long crash-looking hang on startup, but in my case at least the game's able to recover from it and be normal if you give it a minute.

I wish my game hung. All it does is show the throbber for a second before it crashes to desktop.

ZeeBoi
Jan 17, 2001

https://www.reddit.com/r/DiscoElysium/comments/mgotex/final_cut_crashes_on_macos_gog_version_anyone_has/

I'm not alone. Guess I'll have to wait for a patch.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

drat, wish I had more time to dig into this but it's time to head to work... Last thing I got to do was talk to Cuno and his new voice actor is good after all. :3: I did always actually love his original lines even when people pointed out he didn't have the best recording quality. but it still feels like Cuno, just saying them over again. (a bit less hard-level)

Cunoesse sounds fantastic actually, is it the same actor just rerecorded? If not, it sounds like it could be.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Zeta Acosta posted:

stats for a judge dread playtrough?

Full points in chin, and he talks to his gun so some Inland Empire or whatnot.

Looking forward to checking this out on PS4. Any impressions on the controls and console UI changes if any? I just watched some of a PS4 gameplay video, saw I think X button highlights on some things to interact with, and also green circles on some things etc. Are there easy ways to highlight all interactive stuff?

I saw a crosshair thing on the floor at some points, but couldn't tell if it's still full on point and click, just moving the pointer with the analog stick. Or if it snaps to some already highlighted areas of interest etc.

On the text size, I hope PS5 adds in a zoom feature soon, that is a must. I use it all the time on PS4 games.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Have they fixed game's most glaring oversight yet: Letting you sleep in the dumpster. Chekov's Dumpster.

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Mar 30, 2021

battlepigeon
Aug 3, 2008

My horrific tie talks now! Is this new? He is also a cheeky bastard

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

battlepigeon posted:

My horrific tie talks now! Is this new? He is also a cheeky bastard

It is not.

Also, listen to him. He is very wise. And talk to the drunks in the village. He has something very important to say about them.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Accretionist posted:

Have the fixed game's most glaring oversight yet: Letting you sleep in the dumpster. Chekov's Dumpster.

That was actually patched in like a year ago. You can try, but you die of exposure and get a game over. You also get an achievement. It's basically just an end to the soft lock state you were left in if you couldn't pay prior to that.

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Is there a list of all changed VA? I'm disappointed they couldn't keep the original ones for everyone but that was to be expected since a lot of them were amateurs who only did a few lines.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

:pcgaming: Daba-doop-doop-dead. :pcgaming:

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Incidentally, insane respect to them for ultimately not using the touched up skill portraits. It must have been hard to take that feedback but they did. Rostov remains unblemished

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

It just finished. It's almost midnight. But it's easter vacation!!

divx
Aug 21, 2005

Aye Doc posted:

i agree except dont ever cheat and do 6666 because its basically the anti-cool playthrough

:agreed:

I tried to do that for my 3rd playthrough and gave up on it pretty quickly

Brick Shipment
Jun 22, 2009

Is there a way to switch off the narration while keeping the rest of the voiced lines? I got ten minutes in before work and it's not really vibing with me.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Oh my god my face is turning red from listening to Electro-chemistry wanting me to ask everybody out over on the radio I don't remember if this was in pre final cut but gently caress :lol:

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is it just me or are the PS4 controls hosed?

Hit X. Nothing happens. Move. Hit X again. Still nothing happening. Don't move. Hit X. Something finally happens.

Repeat.

I can see a lot of people getting frustrated and noping out.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmfApYGIYs8

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Mar 30, 2021

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

Brick Shipment posted:

Is there a way to switch off the narration while keeping the rest of the voiced lines? I got ten minutes in before work and it's not really vibing with me.

Setting the voiceover mode to "Psychological" under Settings will turn off the narration for the thoughts - a few actions and introductions are still narrated, but it makes it closer to the original

overeager overeater fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Mar 30, 2021

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

overeager overeater posted:

Setting the voiceover mode to "Psychological" under Settings will turn off the narration for the thoughts - a few actions and introductions are still narrated, but it makes it closer to the original

And the skills?

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Waltzing Along posted:

Is it just me or are the PS4 controls hosed?

Hit X. Nothing happens. Move. Hit X again. Still nothing happening. Don't move. Hit X. Something finally happens.

Repeat.

I can see a lot of people getting frustrated and noping out.

I have to double tap it sometimes. The first X just moves the PC to the spot, then press again to interact.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Randarkman posted:

And the skills?
If you pick psychological they won't have a voice over either.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

Pretty sure the characters the Chapo boys played have been re-cast.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Klaasje as well. Kim's lines may have been re-recorded I think, it's the same guy I'm pretty sure but some of the first lines sound a little different.

e: drat. Half-Light's a pretty intense skill.

Randarkman fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Mar 30, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

Measurehead narrating his race theory :flashfap: