Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!

Blasmeister posted:

If the surv is literally running away from you the instant you start the uncloak you won't hit even with the lunge, but that would mean you're doing it with full awareness of the surv; both running full speed already in chase, completely out in the open. Ideally you're not doing it quite like that and at least using geometry to limit their escape route to going back past you before you commit to the uncloak.

I'm not sure if this is cheap or not, but I've body blocked Survivors a bit as I ring the bell if it takes them a second to realize what's going on and they're slow on the uptake which will almost inevitably give me a free hit after I fully decloak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

bodyblocking is completely valid and should be used as much as possible to keep your victim away from windows and pallets

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

Teriyaki Koinku posted:

I'm not sure if this is cheap or not, but I've body blocked Survivors a bit as I ring the bell if it takes them a second to realize what's going on and they're slow on the uptake which will almost inevitably give me a free hit after I fully decloak.

This isn't cheap, it's a core skill for any killer with a lengthy state transition, like Wraith or Legion. Body-block people into corners, away from windows or pallets or switches, it's all good.

If you can do it, and it gives you an advantage, you should do it. You're playing a murderer.

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
I used to body block but a survivor with eyes won't fall for it. Body blocking is like 90% of wraith imo. One of the most basic tricks is uncloaking by a pallet or window so they run into you. Otherwise, they run from you, hopefully forcing them to the wall or deadzone.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Oh wow, Blight is actually playable now. That feels weird

One game as Wraith, he feels better but it was also against the good old "Split up, slam gens and teabag at the gate" team so I can't pass any judgment besides this game sucking

DeathChicken fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 30, 2021

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

DBD sale on Steam now. Just grabbed Chains of Hate :getin:

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Trickster feels like he would be fun if he didn't move at Huntress speed. He can almost play a game of spamming knives, waiting for the inevitable juke and then M1 smacking when survivors stop looking where they're going, but he's too slow for it

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

It's very cool that they listened to none of the complaints and released Speed Limiter Huntress: The Killer as-is

Like he's neat personality-wise, but why the gently caress is he so slow?

Also he's literally just better off not using his big power still, why not at least give him a speed boost while he uses that?

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Mar 30, 2021

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yardbomb posted:

It's very cool that they listened to none of the complaints

Every single time there's an update it seems like this is the refrain.

Not saying you're wrong or anything, it's just even as a casual player of this game, this is the message every time. And maybe by the time they get out the next killer, they've fixed a handful of problems.

Did they make his iridescents better at least? I remember seeing Otz check them out and they seemed to actively work against the killer.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

FWIW it's literally day 1 and people are still feeling things out. I've seen a few people this morning get a lot of mileage out of using showstopper Myers style for clutch unhook double downs, playing him as an M1 killer more and being judicious with knives only in the open at closer distances when they are guaranteed a hit. He seems to synergize really well with stealth stuff too, specifically dark devotion. If he catches survivors unaware, the slower speed isn't as much of an issue, neither are dodging and meter decay when the first 4 knives go in before they start moving off a Gen.

Bit silly to go full doomposting, there have been a lot of killers that have released in far worse, actually unplayable states. I'd give it a week or so until people start settling into some playstyles. The stuff that's common twins play now wasn't common for the first couple of months for example (lot of that was Victor being broken for the first month but shhh)

Edit: he is real map dependent tho, in wheat or yamaoka and swamp tiles, he's a monster, in midwich, treatment, the game, he's neutered, but that's hardly the only killer that's true about.

OxMan fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 30, 2021

John Romero
Jul 6, 2003

John Romero got made a bitch
it seems like they havent done a licensed one in a bit, once the legal poo poo shakes out do you think a jason pack could happen?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Starstruck actually seems like a very good perk. The rest are endgame stuff I never even get to test out because every survivor is bringing keys and playing for hatch, or yet another Hex perk that gets broken in three seconds

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

His perks are good, he just feels not-good to play mostly.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009

OxMan posted:

FWIW it's literally day 1 and people are still feeling things out. I've seen a few people this morning get a lot of mileage out of using showstopper Myers style for clutch unhook double downs, playing him as an M1 killer more and being judicious with knives only in the open at closer distances when they are guaranteed a hit. He seems to synergize really well with stealth stuff too, specifically dark devotion. If he catches survivors unaware, the slower speed isn't as much of an issue, neither are dodging and meter decay when the first 4 knives go in before they start moving off a Gen.

Bit silly to go full doomposting, there have been a lot of killers that have released in far worse, actually unplayable states. I'd give it a week or so until people start settling into some playstyles. The stuff that's common twins play now wasn't common for the first couple of months for example (lot of that was Victor being broken for the first month but shhh)

Edit: he is real map dependent tho, in wheat or yamaoka and swamp tiles, he's a monster, in midwich, treatment, the game, he's neutered, but that's hardly the only killer that's true about.

The problem is that if Myers wants to save his tier 3, he's still 5% faster than the Trickster with an even smaller terror radius. And when Myers gets into T3 you're dead. Just straight up dead. No health states, no laceration meter, just dead. There's just nothing Trickster can do that isn't done better by anyone else. It's why people really wanted the ricochet to be part of his base kit. edit: Or poo poo, at least let him hold back on the Main Event like with blood fury, so he can keep using his knives without wasting it. The fact you have a limited window to activate it once the bar fills up is dumb.

Also some people in the PTB figured out camping and slugging with the Twins. Yeah Victor was broken as gently caress, but it took less than a week for that strat to proliferate to everyone else once the Twins hit live. The game's not that complicated.

TGLT fucked around with this message at 00:11 on Mar 31, 2021

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

Oh my god how is he this slow.

TGLT
Aug 14, 2009
He's 92% while throwing, and he gets slower with each consecutive toss unless you're in Main Event mode. Bottoms out at 67% after 30 blades.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

https://www.reddit.com/r/deadbydaylight/comments/mgmrkn/i_hope_the_trickster_gets_a_buff/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

Yep.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

I purchased the fabulous man and while dumping a few hundred thousand BP into him I managed to unlock Whispers AND Tier 2 Chili and BBQ along with Stridor, as opposed to the usual horseshit trash perks I never use, so I guess God has a Plan for me.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Man, he really has so much of other killers, but bad.

He builds up a burst of power like Oni, but Oni can just sit on his until he needs it, while you get this dumb small window to use Trickster's power that also handicaps him.

He has a ranged build-up attack like Plague, except for some reason his drains and even drains in chases to make it worse.

He throws his weapons and can do direct health states like Huntress, except Huntress hits you once and you're injured, while he needs to hit you like fifteen times or whatever dumb amount.

Along with the previous two, not only is his build-up shtick worse than Plague, he has to go get ammunition like Huntress.

He can't lean on playing M1 because he's as slow a giant slavic beast woman.

A lot of his addons feel like they barely do much, so you can't even use the god awful excuse of "He needs addons" like people did/do for some killers.

His own power in general negatively affects him more than maybe anyone else, not only does he go into a Nurse UGH state, he can't use his normal power for twenty seconds after.

Best of all, people told BHVR all of this on the PTB and they did jack poo poo. I hate it because he's hypothetically fun, but the moment you run into people with any sense whatsoever he's torture.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

TWITTERLORGE - 100k BP

Also yeah, I was watching Otz earlier and he was having a rough as poo poo time. I couldn't really see many reasons why one would ever want to use the knives over just M1ing.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Can't wait for his remake in a couple of years that actually makes him anywhere near as fun as he should be lol

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Yardbomb posted:

Can't wait for his remake in a couple of years that actually makes him anywhere near as fun as he should be lol

Hey now, Blight came out September last year and is apparently playable now. Give it until... October at least.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

At the very least he's a good perk battery for now, all of them are either good or at least useful in some build, No Way Out in particular is a really fun one. :getin:

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung
Well the game can be frustrating but you can have fun especially with a Zarina twin where we both don penguin outfits as we decided in the lobby. It ended up being more fun and we survived to boot!

Also realizing how your teammates can see with Kindred and still go to the basement camping Bubba instead of focusing on generators.

Thankfully they lived long enough in the hook for me to finish the last one and exit.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011

John Romero posted:

it seems like they havent done a licensed one in a bit, once the legal poo poo shakes out do you think a jason pack could happen?

there's no way of knowing how the jason legal poo poo will shake out, so it's impossible to answer.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Danaru posted:

The silent clapper addon for Wraith is loving hilarious because you can pretty much zero shift out from behind something and bonk someone before the terror radius kicks in :allears:

It's even better in the Stranger Things Lab map since you can start decloaking as you walk around a corner 2ft away and add in a full jumpscare

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
Jason's copyright situation is so janked up that he's not even allowed to make further appearances in his own game. Dont expect him to pop up anywhere any time soon

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

I hate the Jason copyright stuff so, so, so very much, F13 deserved better than getting choked out by that poo poo.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

F13 was so much more fun a game than DBD, honestly. Main difference being they were not afraid to make a killer that could kill you and didn't have to follow you around for ten minutes

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

They were in the middle of implementing Jason X and a map to go with him too, the redhead cyborg girl from the movie was gonna be counselor too, people have found out how to toggle them in for proof for ages now. :smith:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

DeathChicken posted:

F13 was so much more fun a game than DBD, honestly. Main difference being they were not afraid to make a killer that could kill you and didn't have to follow you around for ten minutes
How did it work in F13, was it just "Well, it's Jason, he has a weapon: you can take maybe one hit before you become Murdered" or was there a mori-esque system?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

He could hit you a few times for a kill, or he could do a slower grab and kill you in one hit (defensible only by having picked up a knife item, or someone else stunning him before he could hit a second button button and murder you)

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Trickster is definitely not good but can still do fun goofy poo poo
https://streamable.com/l36wbc

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
DBD, huh? I used to play that, is there a new update? I wonder how's it's goi-- :yikes:

SteelMentor
Oct 15, 2012

TOXIC
Can't think of many recognisable horror villains they could add for a IP pick beyond Jason that wouldn't just hit the same "Guy with Knife" niche that Mikey and Ghostface hit. Candyman maybe? Chucky's way too small and would lose a lot by not speaking.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

SteelMentor posted:

Candyman maybe?
It's a very common theory (especially given things dataminers have found) that the next IP killer was intended to be Candyman, as a tie-in with the new movie. Except the pandemic threw an enormous wrench in the film's development cycle and release date, so they obviously had to pull him back out for a while. It'd also explain why the Twins were so broken on release, they were pushed out the door several months early.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

SteelMentor posted:

Can't think of many recognisable horror villains they could add for a IP pick beyond Jason that wouldn't just hit the same "Guy with Knife" niche that Mikey and Ghostface hit. Candyman maybe? Chucky's way too small and would lose a lot by not speaking.

Based off Trickster's sounds, they could get in Chucky :getin:. I'm guessing they don't want words though due to localization though.
There's a lot of video game flexibility, Five Nights, Wendingo, Mr. X, and for movies they could roll with something more Sci-Fi like an Alien, Predator, The Mummy, etc.
Deadites, Pinhead for major series maybe?

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
Myers was always superior to Jason in pop culture and implemented as good as anyone could in DBD. People want Jason because they can't have him.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

Studio posted:

Based off Trickster's sounds, they could get in Chucky :getin:. I'm guessing they don't want words though due to localization though.
There's a lot of video game flexibility, Five Nights, Wendingo, Mr. X, and for movies they could roll with something more Sci-Fi like an Alien, Predator, The Mummy, etc.
They kind of already have a lot of these guys although Pinhead might have possibilities if he had some kind of zoning power that could cut off survivors. Like Nurse's teleport but you're putting a blocker in front of them. He'd be cold hosed in the cornfield but they don't seem to mind making killers who are significantly stronger on some maps than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramba Ral
Feb 18, 2009

"The basis of the Juche Idea is that man is the master of all things and the decisive factor in everything."
- Kim Il-Sung

Studio posted:

With the recent push by Disney to get the Alien franchise going, I'm not going to be surprised if they do that. Plus the Demigorgon is in this game so you can have monstrous creatures.