Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Don't self defense yourself cornflake

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xenocides
Jan 14, 2008

This world looks very scary....

Smiling and laughing with joy at crime NEET coming back. :peanut:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Crime neet actually does come off as stone cold criminal without realizing it

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
That's something you develop in prison so other inmates stop bothering you. You basically look pissed off all the time.
Problem is it's hard to let go once you're out. I still have friends and family ask me why I look so angry.

Anyway, yay Crime Neet!

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

SniperWoreConverse posted:

Crime neet actually does come off as stone cold criminal without realizing it

Yeah lol. The shades and goatee version of Tohru looks like he finally accepted the role.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

malae fidei cum XI_XXVI_MMIX

Lodin posted:

That's something you develop in prison so other inmates stop bothering you. You basically look pissed off all the time.
Problem is it's hard to let go once you're out. I still have friends and family ask me why I look so angry.

Anyway, yay Crime Neet!

Same only high school.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Idle Amalgam posted:

Yeah lol. The shades and goatee version of Tohru looks like he finally accepted the role.

Maybe he's going for the Anno look:

Schurik
Sep 13, 2008

The King is back!

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

the ACTUAL rival approaches, finally

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

NEETkuza Kiwami

Sir Bobert Fishbone
Jan 16, 2006

Beebort

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

guy's profile and hair initially had me thinking back to Gay Baby Jail dude:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

still waiting on my gay baby jail gangtag

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

she's back

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
izawa about to get dunked upon

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Having just finished Yakuza Kiwami let me explain this part of Japanese culture:

Whenever someone calls someone by name, everyone grunts and then it's truth bombs for five minutes straight.

Sometimes the person says "Nani"

Console Role Player
Sep 15, 2007

Snooch to the Gooch
nice

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

edit: Better translation on the card

Mackerel Cornflake fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Apr 1, 2021

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993
oh god national broadcast

He is 100% getting spotted from the EMBARASSING OLD MAN video

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

SniperWoreConverse posted:

izawa about to get dunked upon

No matter how many bugs NEET found, he didn't come in the day they were trying to find the big bug. And for that we must treat him like scum.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Special Episode: A Heated Battle makes it sound like a Power Rangers episode they're tricked into being extras for, or something

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

You can drive yourself crazy trying to decipher kanji when they look like this.

The first part of the title is 特番 (tokuban, a television special), followed by 心 + [unknown character], then バトル (batoru, battle), and finally (伎) (waza, a performance or demonstration of skills).

I must have looked through a couple dozen permutations of 心 followed by another character, but I never found one that looked quite like the one on the card, so I just decided to go with "spirited" or "heated". If you've ever watched any amount of Japanese television you'll recognize it as the kind of language those talking-head panel shows peddle in.

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

Here, I feel like I'm being abusive when I post boring translation stuff, so y'all can have another today.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Mackerel Cornflake posted:

Here, I feel like I'm being abusive when I post boring translation stuff, so y'all can have another today.

I really like the translation stuff by the way

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

End of Page 34

Aino Minako
Dec 16, 2007

Perpetual rage elemental

The first part of the title is 特番 (tokuban, a television special), followed by 心 + [unknown character], then バトル (batoru, battle), and finally (伎) (waza, a performance or demonstration of skills).

I must have looked through a couple dozen permutations of 心 followed by another character, but I never found one that looked quite like the one on the card, so I just decided to go with "spirited" or "heated". If you've ever watched any amount of Japanese television you'll recognize it as the kind of language those talking-head panel shows peddle in.

This panel has killed so many translators. Thank you for pulling through Cornflake-san.

Idle Amalgam
Mar 7, 2008

said I'm never lackin'
always pistol packin'
with them automatics
we gon' send 'em to Heaven

simplefish posted:

I really like the translation stuff by the way

Yeah. I honestly like the extra info for cultural and linguistic context.

Dad Hominem
Dec 4, 2005

Standing room only on the Disco Bus
Fun Shoe

心霊 maybe?

Mackerel Cornflake
Mar 26, 2021

Enami was able to
obtain that cereal
through illegal
channels.

It's definitely 心霊 (shinrei, spirit or soul). Thanks for the tip. :)

In light of that, a more accurate reading of the title on the card would be "Spirit Battle" or "Ghost Battle". Since Oda and NEET are there as guests of Mr. Kamata, the spirit medium from earlier, that would make sense.

I'll update the art next time I have the chance.

ALFbrot
Apr 17, 2002
That dude is definitely not handing his business card in accordance with proper japanese etiquette

This could inspire pages of NEET mind wandering. Presuming, of course, he has any awareness of etiquette whatsoever

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

ALFbrot posted:

That dude is definitely not handing his business card in accordance with proper japanese etiquette

This could inspire pages of NEET mind wandering. Presuming, of course, he has any awareness of etiquette whatsoever

It's the pass to get on-set for the show, not a business card.

Brother Make
Jun 5, 2020

Post more NEET!!!

Aardvark! posted:

i hope we learn more about the guy with thin(?) hair

I think the time has finally come!
The website has two things listed as spin-offs (heh), both based on everyone's favorite character: Izawa
They don't have timestamps, and I couldn't figure out when they were posted, so now seems like a good time to post one of them:

End of Spin-Off 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vic
Nov 26, 2009

Brother Make posted:

I think the time has finally come!
The website has two things listed as spin-offs (heh), both based on everyone's favorite character: Izawa
They don't have timestamps, and I couldn't figure out when they were posted, so now seems like a good time to post one of them:

End of Spin-Off 1

Holy crap lol