Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What of the announced new shows are you most excited about?
This poll is closed.
Uzumaki 29 33.33%
Fena Pirate Princess 13 14.94%
That Blade Runner Thing 5 5.75%
Trick Question: They're all bad 14 16.09%
Please just rerun Cowboy Bebop 26 29.89%
Total: 74 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?
That's hosed up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

He made the voice filter happen IRL, he must be a mecha disguised as a small boy.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

where did he get his clothes back

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Did you...see all of that?

Just go

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Utsumi you can just pound on the keyboard like Rikka did in episode 1, that was useful

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

where did he get his clothes back

Every morning wake up
Slam on my bloodstained knife-hole clothes from the nurse
Walk out the hospital like I own the place

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

you didnt stab him good though

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Aw poo poo son

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh piss

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Lexi is pissed.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

RIP Akane

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
FINAL BOSS: GOD IN A STATE OF ENNUI

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
No Akane, you are the kaijus!

And then Akane was a kaiju

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

no, but for realsies: it's really hosed up that Utah's just been an empty husk being piloted by an extradimensional being this whole time and everyone around him has been living a lie like that, and I shudder to think that it's just gonna get glossed over in the end

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica

Argus Zant posted:

no, but for realsies: it's really hosed up that Utah's just been an empty husk being piloted by an extradimensional being this whole time and everyone around him has been living a lie like that

Who is horny for a teenage girl, no less.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I don't think he's a husk, just that Yuta was a real person Akane created her in little Sim City with friends and stuff when, bam, Gridman downloaded itself into Yuta at the beginning of the show

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Strawberry Pyramid posted:

Who is horny for a teenage girl, no less.

It's not that Gridman is horny for Rikka,

It's that Yuta is so horny for Rikka that it overwhelms amnesia, possession by a hyper-agent, and attempted mind control.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

So Karin and Naruto are cousins?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

SgtSteel91 posted:

I don't think he's a husk, just that Yuta was a real person Akane created her in little Sim City with friends and stuff when, bam, Gridman downloaded itself into Yuta at the beginning of the show

I read it as maybe Yuta just a Gridman shell at first but then kind of evolved his own consciousness over time (or possibly as the result of Akane's actions) but either way I definitely think (or at least hope) that there is some sort of real Yuta inside of... Yuta. And I hope that he gets the stones to ask Rikka out by the end, I'm rooting for the poor guy.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

I still find it hard to believe that Ninja Info Cards guy has had such a presence throughout this series. Basically all the way up till the end!

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

SgtSteel91 posted:

no, Utah's a real person, I know that, I'm saying that his own conscious mind got booted out and replaced by Gridman, who has since been piloting Utah's shell/body around like a weird little bio-mech. That's why he suddenly passed out mid-class and developed "amnesia"; I guarantee you that that was when his soul got yeeted out and Gridman swooced in.

And now I'm thinking about what Gridman was saying when he got cut off mid-sentence as they were fixing Junk, and I'm thinking about that audio drama that chiasaur linked 2 weeks ago, and it's this rising tide of dawning horror at how hosed this poo poo is

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

I. M. Gei posted:

better than him shooting up a massage parlor

Dude come on don't joke about this poo poo.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Shame Boy posted:

So Karin and Naruto are cousins?

I think the relationship is a bit more distant than your typical cousin but yeah they share a common ancestor with them both being descendants of the Uzumaki clan

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Reminder that tomorrow is :siren:APRIL FOOLS NIGHT 2021:siren:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Shame Boy posted:

I still find it hard to believe that Ninja Info Cards guy has had such a presence throughout this series. Basically all the way up till the end!

He persists for far longer than the villain he is a henchman for.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Waffleman_ posted:

He persists for far longer than the villain he is a henchman for.

Well his boss comes back, and they both survive the series.

Strawberry Pyramid
Dec 12, 2020

by Pragmatica
Kabuto gets to run an orphanage full of literal Uchiha fanboy clones.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
The bad guy on whom Alexis Kerib stand-in was based is called Khan Digifier in the original show and Kilokhan in the western Superhuman Samurai Syber Squad. Is there some significance behind Alexis’ feminine western name, or is it just a case of things that sound cool names for a scary alien dude in Japanese not necessarily the sounding that way in English?

Did we find out if the SSSS initialization means anything different on this show?

There were Akane-like characters in the old shows too. IIRC it was a lovely rich business kid in the western show, and Wikipedia says the original bad kid was a social outcast.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

You'll find out SSSS in the last episode.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Dr Christmas posted:

There were Akane-like characters in the old shows too. IIRC it was a lovely rich business kid in the western show, and Wikipedia says the original bad kid was a social outcast.

The original Gridman guy is basically Akane if she never got distracted with trying to beat Gridman after the second episode, almost all the monsters he makes are based on whatever happened to annoy him in real life, no matter how dumb it is.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

T-minus-158 minutes until APRIL FOOLS NIGHT 2021

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

T-minus 60 SECONDS

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
why

e: wait what

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm
Thanks, I hate it

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

... okay

it’s better than more gemusettu whatever but I dunno if I’d stay up more than an hour or two to watch it

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

normally when AS starts by loving with the audio on reruns for April Fools, they end up doing something else way better the following night (come oooooooooonnnnnnn super secret unannounced Metalocalypse season 5 premiere! :pray:)

my guess is we should tune in again at the start of the next Adult Swim at 8/7/whateveryourdumbtimezoneis PM

I. M. Gei fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Apr 1, 2021

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

https://youtu.be/wf9GdNrvD4A

Stuff going on here

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
This gimmick lives and dies entirely on which shows (and episodes of shows) they overdub like this

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
baby mooninites. hm.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

oh god, this oughta be something, kid-dubbed Ignignokt and Ur