Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

The details might not be 100% exact, but the whole CatCo takeover had a strong "pivot to video" energy that felt very of its moment. Andrea Rojas is a herb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The Arrowverse never let logic get in the way of a story beat. Like how Oliver gets ousted from Queen Consolidated and Felicity gets fired from owning Palmertech even though both of them owned the companies.

Ubik_Lives
Nov 16, 2012
I think that theoretically could happen, because the board of directors would be legally bound to fire the CEO if they thought they were doing a bad job, because they are acting on behalf of all the shareholders, not just the majority holder. The issue is that the majority holder could fire the board to prevent it or in retaliation.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Ubik_Lives posted:

I think that theoretically could happen, because the board of directors would be legally bound to fire the CEO if they thought they were doing a bad job, because they are acting on behalf of all the shareholders, not just the majority holder. The issue is that the majority holder could fire the board to prevent it or in retaliation.

Yeah, the problem was that the writers seemed to think that the owner and the CEO were the same thing and since you could be fired as CEO that would also make you not the owner any more so now you've got no money. But they also never seemed to have any trouble getting new equipment or fancy houses or underground lairs when they were supposedly broke, so it was all meaningless anyway.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Show's back tonight.

Nicole Maines has been doing cast drawings as a countdown to the premiere, she's pretty good!
https://twitter.com/NicoleAMaines/status/1376548507700490242
https://twitter.com/NicoleAMaines/status/1376254178264182785
https://twitter.com/NicoleAMaines/status/1375856665916940289
https://twitter.com/NicoleAMaines/status/1375493892380876804
https://twitter.com/NicoleAMaines/status/1375124852760174593
https://twitter.com/NicoleAMaines/status/1374775646799421448
https://twitter.com/NicoleAMaines/status/1374388196130181125

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Alex's superhero eyeshadow is still way too much.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Man, Cryer is so good as Lex.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Interesting that the first Marvel/DC crossover is having a gender swapped Warlock as a villain in Supergirl.

Remember when they tried to make us feel bad for Andreas family?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

It was a homage to the creepy cyborg robot lady in Superman III
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dye66uJlLRc

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Dreamer has to show up on Legends if only so that when she’s done pulling yet another ability out of her rear end, Sarah can turn to her and ask “what are your powers again?”

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Slamhound posted:

Dreamer has to show up on Legends if only so that when she’s done pulling yet another ability out of her rear end, Sarah can turn to her and ask “what are your powers again?”

Sadly, power with functional super powers don't tend to last long on Legends. See: Firestorm, Wally West, Ray's ATOM suit, etc.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

howe_sam posted:

It was a homage to the creepy cyborg robot lady in Superman III
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dye66uJlLRc

Yea I figured that but it also looked a hell of a lot like Warlock from New Mutants.

It's good that Lena realized she had a mind control device to fix the "Lex knows Kara is Supergirl" problem.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Well, a lot of things happened in that episode, and I'm sure they'd have meant something to me a year ago. But as of right now, I mostly had no idea what anyone was talking about and spent most of the episode going "Who is that?" and "This person has super powers now?" and "How many characters are in this show?"

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010

nine-gear crow posted:

Sadly, power with functional super powers don't tend to last long on Legends. See: Firestorm, Wally West, Ray's ATOM suit, etc.
True, but those powers had some kind of consistency; Nuclear, Speed, Size; and also had origins in the DC Universe.

Dreamer? Well, she dreams. And her dreams are of the future. Kind of. More like an interpretation of the future. Kind of. She also has dream...lassos? whips? And she can stop tsunamis. With her dreams. And if you’re trapped behind impenetrable glass she can...uh... create a dream form to go through the...uh...just go through the...uh...glass and unlock...uh...unlock the lock...? Through her dreams?

Sarah Lance: No but seriously, what are your powers?

Tiggum posted:

Well, a lot of things happened in that episode, and I'm sure they'd have meant something to me a year ago. But as of right now, I mostly had no idea what anyone was talking about and spent most of the episode going "Who is that?" and "This person has super powers now?" and "How many characters are in this show?"
This is me with all of these shows. I usually have to get back up to speed like normal, but the last year absolutely demolished my brain and I don’t recognize poo poo. I thought Megan was a speedster at first.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

"Your sister, you can't kill her either."
"Why not? She killed me first!"

howe_sam posted:

Show's back tonight.

Nicole Maines has been doing cast drawings as a countdown to the premiere, she's pretty good!
https://twitter.com/NicoleAMaines/status/1375856665916940289

Nicole is a pretty good artist. Those are all good but I really like the Lena one.

howe_sam posted:

Man, Cryer is so good as Lex.

Well, that's our show folks. Kara's dead. Goodnight!

https://i.imgur.com/HOJ1VrQ.mp4

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tiggum posted:

This episode definitely suffered the most of "this was supposed to be the finale"-itis. Like Kara being trapped in the Phantom Zone was supposed to cover up for Melissa's pregnancy but she already had the drat baby already so that's moot.

Edit: Also I had to laugh at J'onn just happening to have a marker with his friend's sigil on it and there just happening to be a free space for Alex.

muscles like this! fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Apr 2, 2021

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
So does that mean that Alex is part of the Justice League under the name Sentinel now??

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Slamhound posted:

True, but those powers had some kind of consistency; Nuclear, Speed, Size; and also had origins in the DC Universe.

Dreamer? Well, she dreams. And her dreams are of the future. Kind of. More like an interpretation of the future. Kind of. She also has dream...lassos? whips? And she can stop tsunamis. With her dreams. And if you’re trapped behind impenetrable glass she can...uh... create a dream form to go through the...uh...just go through the...uh...glass and unlock...uh...unlock the lock...? Through her dreams?

Sarah Lance: No but seriously, what are your powers?

And now she can fly too apparently?

Vietnamwees posted:

So does that mean that Alex is part of the Justice League under the name Sentinel now??

I guess, but other than Flash and Batwoman, all of those signs in J'ons tower are all characters from this show, where as in the "aircraft hanger of justice" where the big table is (that we will never see again) characters from Arrow, Black Lightning and Legends have a seat

Mr Beens fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Apr 2, 2021

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Mr Beens posted:

And now she can fly too I guess?

Only because Brainy lent her his legion ring.

muscles like this! posted:

This episode definitely suffered the most of "this was supposed to be the finale"-itis. Like Kara being trapped in the Phantom Zone was supposed to cover up for Melissa's pregnancy but she already had the drat baby already so that's moot.
I've seen some speculation that she was still on maternity leave when they started production on the new season. They very well could have shot the season out of sequence to accommodate that, especially given the extra long lead times they were working with.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
BAT!

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo they’re doing a plot beat from the 1984 Supergirl movie

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Huh, wasn't expecting Kara's dad to show up.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Of course Lex is going to represent himself. Lex sure hates all those :females:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lex is gonna go full Trump isn't he?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

howe_sam posted:

Lex is gonna go full Trump isn't he?

Full Giuliani.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Full Giuliani.

Until he has black shoe polish dribbling town the sides of his head, he has not truly gone Full Giuliani.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Well that may have been the dumbest depiction of a trial I've ever seen. The entire case against him was based on Eve Teschmacher's testimony? There's was literally no other evidence? There is no way anyone could possibly have thought that he was going to be convicted. No prosecutor would have gone ahead with that. Everyone's acting like he's some kind of machiavellian master manipulator when he barely needed to do anything.

Ninurta
Sep 19, 2007
What the HELL? That's my cutting board.

I'm not a fan of InceLex but I am interested in the rest of the premiere.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

It's 2021 and Transilvane was mentioned on a primetime TV show. Hell yeah.

Really fun episode in general. Luthor's trial was goofy, but (let's face it) it's not much goofier than anything we actually saw in the impeachment trials.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Finally getting around to watch the latest episode and uh, have the writers ever seen a trial, either in reality or on tv, because what the hell was that? A huge case only has one witness that all the evidence is hinged on?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 9, 2021

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

twistedmentat posted:

Finally getting around to watch the latest episode and uh, have the writers ever seen a trial, either in reality or on tv, because what the hell was that? A huge case only has one witness that all the evidence is hinged on?

Standard for the Arrowverse sadly.

GigaPeon
Apr 29, 2003

Go, man, go!

twistedmentat posted:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Well that was quite an escalation Lex :stonklol:

"The magic was inside you all along." "The only winning move is not to play." :v:

I'm just waiting for the reveal that Nyxly is lying and there's a good reason she was imprisoned.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK fucked around with this message at 12:52 on Apr 14, 2021

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

I'm just waiting for the reveal that Nyxly is lying and there's a good reason she was imprisoned.
Yeah, she's absurdly suspicious.

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Well that was quite an escalation Lex :stonklol:

"The magic was inside you all along." "The only winning move is not to play." :v:

I think it seems extremely likely that she's the one who killed her brother

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Man, those Mxlpltks sure do get around!

And become royalty too!

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

This Phantom Zone plot is quite probably the least interesting digression a main character has ever taken in the Arrowverse.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
No Lena, the worst you was after Lex came up and told you that your totally not gay crush Kara was Supergirl. Shooting him was a morally correct decision, Lex is a threat to not just humanity, but reality.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

McSpanky posted:

This Phantom Zone plot is quite probably the least interesting digression a main character has ever taken in the Arrowverse.

It was probably a bit of an emergency retool after Covid since it was written to limit Kara's presence and her doing stuff but things changed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

It was probably a bit of an emergency retool after Covid since it was written to limit Kara's presence and her doing stuff but things changed.

Also the fact that Melissa Benoist now has an infant child to look after full time.