Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

bird food bathtub posted:

And if anyone says anything about bamboo jettison their opinions in to the sun. poo poo spreads like a weed and is like trying to cut down a forest of small trees if you try to do clean up.

Yeah, it spreads underground via rhizomes and is really hard to eliminate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

bird food bathtub posted:

And if anyone says anything about bamboo jettison their opinions in to the sun. poo poo spreads like a weed and is like trying to cut down a forest of small trees if you try to do clean up.

My wife and I opted to not buy a house because it had a bamboo problem*

*The roof was also hosed but still, bamboo sucks.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
....I have bamboo in our backyard and I like it. Mowing takes care of them and they stop growing in the winter.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

....I have bamboo in our backyard and I like it. Mowing takes care of them and they stop growing in the winter.

I just learned something about you. You clearly live in a climate where it snows ;)

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Jaguars! posted:

I just learned something about you. You clearly live in a climate where it snows ;)

Nope. Georgia. My bamboo stops growing like clockwork when it gets chilly enough at night.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

lol, well in that case I'll just say I'm glad that your bamboo is under control, it'll grow quite happily into an impenetrable thicket inf you don't constantly control it in Auckland.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Half my lot is English ivy and I want to die

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CommieGIR posted:

Nope. Georgia. My bamboo stops growing like clockwork when it gets chilly enough at night.

Bamboo loving sucks hth

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

orange juche posted:

Bamboo loving sucks hth

My 8 year old loves it and enjoys running around in it, we donate the extra to the Atlanta Zoo every year, and it nice shade that isn't a fuckoff huge pine tree threatening to fall on my house hth

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

There are some varients of bamboo that don't send out runners. I was looking into planting a few plants for some project building materials, but just haven't gotten around to it. In raised and contained beds though.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
FROZENVENT IS A BUTTHEAD

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
FROZENVENT IS A LARGE TOOSHIED SATAN WORSHIPER

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

frozenvent sucks and doesn't know how to give a sixer

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

frozenvent sucks and doesn't know how to give a sixer

What a butthead

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i heard frozenvent doesnt even know where the probate button is

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

https://twitter.com/manitoulinmagic/status/1116312193891491840?s=20

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
:psyduck:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JuDLepNa7hw

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
Im really surprised idris elba took the part

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

loving same

I wouldn't have gone anywhere that cinematic universe, let alone any installments of that movie if I were him

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

the only good quebecois exports are maple syrup and tortiere

fite me frenchie

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Duzzy Funlop posted:

loving same

I wouldn't have gone anywhere that cinematic universe, let alone any installments of that movie if I were him

I dunno this actually looks fun. Not feeling Harley (as usual) but the rest of the bad guys look entertaining.

24 hours since J&J and I am defintily not 100%. Not terrible just achy and stiff.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Crab Dad posted:

I dunno this actually looks fun. Not feeling Harley (as usual) but the rest of the bad guys look entertaining.

24 hours since J&J and I am defintily not 100%. Not terrible just achy and stiff.

I don't know...the dialogue feels really off (again), and if it's only one-liners and some punchlines AND it's for a trailer, then that doesn't really make me expect a lot of the final product.
I'll watch anything with my man Idris, so welp

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
The Suicide Squad comics are great and I'm excited to see a more goofy/light hearted take on it than the overly self serious, grimy garbage that was the first movie.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I got me some Keen dad shoes.

in totally not related news, keen has a 50% active duty discount on their website.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

ManMythLegend posted:

The Suicide Squad comics are great and I'm excited to see a more goofy/light hearted take on it than the overly self serious, grimy garbage that was the first movie.

Didn't they reshoot a whole bunch of the first movie because Deadpool came out during the original shoot, so they decided to a add a whole lot of forced humor to lighten it up?

I can't put my finger on it, but I fully assume the first one wouldn't have been as much of a disaster if it had been released "as-intended".
Probably not stellar, but I mean, at least not blended/botched in reshoots/post-production, i guess.

At the very least, i assume/hope they've put that reallocated Will-Smith-money to some good use, but I don't really think Margit Robbie, John Cena and Idris Elba are really cheap these days.

Idk, maybe Cena isn't exactly commanding generous sums for his acting endeavors, could be fine

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Cena is co-hosting the new Wipeout so he's probably just doing poo poo for fun anyhow. He's worth enough he can pick what jobs he takes. Besides, DC movies have a pay structure, first movies are cheap in franchises, but return appearances will be more costly.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Probably take $50 million to get Will Smith to be a part of that shitshow again.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
I wish he'd go back to making fun movies again.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

https://twitter.com/gregkellyusa/status/1377394882248015873?s=20

Marihuana: not even once.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Man I want the deets to that guy's hook up. This government weed ain't doing it for me.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

M_Gargantua posted:

Im really surprised idris elba took the part

Motherfucker did that awful rear end dark tower movie. Dude has done some stinkers and everyone's got bills.

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
Dude has to pay the rent until the James Bond money starts coming in.

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Idris Elba should have been named Bond the second Skyfall was released.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Idris Elba being Bond would own for a few reasons.

1) it’s Idris Elba 😍😍😍
2) the rage it would cause. Probably worse than when they made Dr Who a woman.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I don't know, Idris getting to play the whitest of white norse gods in the MCU caused the shitlords at Stormfront and Nazis worldwide to cry out in agony, so that was already pretty good.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I don't know, Idris getting to play the whitest of white norse gods in the MCU caused the shitlords at Stormfront and Nazis worldwide to cry out in agony, so that was already pretty good.

The problem is: They are right.

It's idiotic to assume that nordic gods were black. They simply weren't. Vikings imagined nordic gods like themselves or what the aspire to be: Huge, massive, strong... and whiteskinned. I don't know whether or not Vikings had a lot of contact with coloured people but even if they did, most likely 99% of all Nordic people never saw such a black person.

Fortunately this wasn't a movie that needed any authenticity.

It's like white upperclass males or Asians playing African American slaves.

If you think it's racist to want nordic people playing nordic gods, then that's really quite ridiculous.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Nordic gods were made up. They have no real race. Like Spider-Man.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

ElMaligno posted:

It's idiotic to assume that nordic gods were black. They simply weren't. Vikings imagined nordic gods like themselves or what the aspire to be: Huge, massive, strong... and whiteskinned. I don't know whether or not Vikings had a lot of contact with coloured people but even if they did, most likely 99% of all Nordic people never saw such a black person.

If you think it's racist to want nordic people playing nordic gods, then that's really quite ridiculous.

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/first-modern-britons-dark-black-skin-cheddar-man-dna-analysis-reveals

Just because white people came to dominate doesn't mean that they were the only people there historically. The first migrants to northern europe after the ice receded were not pale skinned fair people. PIE people were not lily white, and their pantheon (that eventually became the norse pantheon) wasn't necessarily either. The development of pale skin for a lot of europe is likely relatively recent on the human timescale.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ElMaligno posted:

Jack Kirby didn't extensively research norse religion when he created the Thor comics. IIRC, they're extradimensional beings so come on dude complaining that the casting isn't 100% accurate to poetic eddas is dumb.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Mr. Nice! posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2018/feb/07/first-modern-britons-dark-black-skin-cheddar-man-dna-analysis-reveals

Just because white people came to dominate doesn't mean that they were the only people there historically. The first migrants to northern europe after the ice receded were not pale skinned fair people. PIE people were not lily white, and their pantheon (that eventually became the norse pantheon) wasn't necessarily either. The development of pale skin for a lot of europe is likely relatively recent on the human timescale.

Stultus Maximus posted:

Jack Kirby didn't extensively research norse religion when he created the Thor comics. IIRC, they're extradimensional beings so come on dude complaining that the casting isn't 100% accurate to poetic eddas is dumb.

https://www.reddit.com/r/todayilearned/comments/l9nil/til_that_some_people_campaigned_against_the/