Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

DeafNote posted:

Its even fun to just stand in place and Beastblood pellet-spam the first one to death over and over.

Doesn't work well after a while though.

For me it was definitely Ludwig who gave me the most nightmares. But Maria was the coolest. I also did the cloudsave thing for her.

Maria is by far my fav boss to be summoned for. I have not fought her yet in this playthrough, I'm at living failures and died a couple times since it was late and i was being lazy, but tonight im going to wreck them and then see how my burial blade build handles her. I've been getting even better at parrying so its going to be fun getting her timings down again.

So question, I just got to ailing loran in the chalices, is the next level the one that is at NG+ equivalent? Also, since the MP meta is 120, is it advisable not to go beyond that unless I want to solo everything? Tbh beyond queen yarnham i can give a poo poo about soloing chalice bosses, especially the defiled ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
what is the chalice progression again

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
oh my god gently caress this well

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

verbal enema posted:

Lmao

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill

verbal enema posted:

forever

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

verbal enema posted:

:hmmyes:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

verbal enema posted:

I only ever managed to defeat 1 King Shark.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

verbal enema posted:

:yeshaha:

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

verbal enema posted:

Hahaha!

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT
rakuyowned

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
1. Beast Claws rip rear end i need that rune

2. The loving shark ate me

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
psn: Verbal Enema someone help me kill Laurence or these shark fuckers

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

verbal enema posted:

1. Beast Claws rip rear end i need that rune

Have you tried a shaman bone blade? I think it works on the sharks.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

I usually appreciate Bloodborne encounter design but the fact that you can target the ceiling shark but not actually hit him with anything until he falls down is purest horseshit

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Oscar Wild posted:

Have you tried a shaman bone blade? I think it works on the sharks.

I gotta kill the first one!!

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

verbal enema posted:

psn: Verbal Enema someone help me kill Laurence or these shark fuckers

I'll add you, if you're online today I can give a hand with both.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Guillermus posted:

I'll add you, if you're online today I can give a hand with both.

im on right now lmao

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

verbal enema posted:

im on right now lmao

Does your psn have any kind of underscore or whatever?

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
FUXKINF SHARK GRAPPLE I WASONE HIR away

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Guillermus posted:

Does your psn have any kind of underscore or whatever?

Oh sorry its Mein1Gott

dumby
Oct 25, 2007
The first time I played this game, I just got stomped, repeatedly. Maybe after 5-6 hours I managed to beat the Cleric Beast, but would still get repeatedly murdered by trash mobs and there was no hope of beating Gascione. About 3 years ago, I decide this is the time for Bloodborne, and grind through all the way to Vicar Amelia. Brick wall, not to mention the lost souls and deaths along the way.

Last night, I beat Vicar Amelia on the first try. Along the way I've done much better overall, dying to Cleric Beast once, and one-shotting Gascione and Blood-Starved Beast. Feels good man.

HaB
Jan 5, 2001

What are the odds?

verbal enema posted:

Oh sorry its Mein1Gott

You still on? I can jump on.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

dumby posted:

The first time I played this game, I just got stomped, repeatedly. Maybe after 5-6 hours I managed to beat the Cleric Beast, but would still get repeatedly murdered by trash mobs and there was no hope of beating Gascione. About 3 years ago, I decide this is the time for Bloodborne, and grind through all the way to Vicar Amelia. Brick wall, not to mention the lost souls and deaths along the way.

Last night, I beat Vicar Amelia on the first try. Along the way I've done much better overall, dying to Cleric Beast once, and one-shotting Gascione and Blood-Starved Beast. Feels good man.

Keep going hunter! and remember that you can always call for help (use npcs or summon players for bosses if you feel like it).

dumby
Oct 25, 2007

Guillermus posted:

Keep going hunter! and remember that you can always call for help (use npcs or summon players for bosses if you feel like it).

Thanks! I did use the NPC summon on Amelia, and it helped quite a bit, maybe I had blown all my insight before this point on my previous attempts.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

dumby posted:

Thanks! I did use the NPC summon on Amelia, and it helped quite a bit, maybe I had blown all my insight before this point on my previous attempts.

Nice, that's why they are there! Insisting on soloing bosses on the first time through can lead to a lot of frustration. Often just by playing more, you just improve your skills and the second time around you end up doing exactly what you did and succeed more easily. If I'm not trying to solo a boss, i give it enough tries until i get frustrated, then take a break and summon help.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Laurence is no joke

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

laurence sucks rear end and i hate him. i've only managed to pull it off solo once, and it was a shitshow where I finished it with like 1 or 0 vials left. On paper he should be easy, just cleric beast plus a phase, but its a goddamn nightmare.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Cleric Beast but all his moves are on fire and his escapes come out way faster that prick that rear end in a top hat gimmie the loving rune

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Laurence is the boss I hate to fight the most in base game + DLC. Has so many wide swings and jumps around a lot. The AI freaks out with a co-op partner quite a bit.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Guillermus posted:

Laurence is the boss I hate to fight the most in base game + DLC. Has so many wide swings and jumps around a lot. The AI freaks out with a co-op partner quite a bit.

yeah it was pretty hard to get a nice split focus since he's always leaping backwards and the wide swing goes like 270 degrees around him

did get him like 1/3 of the way through phase 2 tho after u died so hey progress

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

Just soloed orphan for the first time ever. Had been coasting on a sliver of health failure as "close enough" for years. On to ailing loran and eventually queen yarnharm

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

verbal enema posted:

:lmao:

Yeah, gently caress the well.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Guillermus posted:

my bad earlier dude. during our second bout i had just got home from lunch and was p drunk lol

thanks for helping me with those shark pricks tho

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.

verbal enema posted:

I think out of all the things in the game, that goddamn well pissed me off the most.

Thunder Bear
Jul 27, 2009

fig. 0143
The well was second only to Defiled Amygdala for me, I found it harder than Orphan.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
I got most infuriated with Pthumerian Descendant, more than Orphan, more than Defiled Amy (which Guillermus jumped in my game and helped me defeat!) and when I think about the boss compared to the others I must have just been in a bad frame of mind at the time.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

verbal enema posted:

my bad earlier dude. during our second bout i had just got home from lunch and was p drunk lol

thanks for helping me with those shark pricks tho

No problem, I may not be available until monday again. If you still want to kill that fucker I can help.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/b0tster/status/1377643512577941506?s=19

This is pretty funny.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
That remix slaps, hope they actually post it somewhere.

Edit: they did

Last Celebration fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bloodborne music arranged like Castlevania tracks? Don't know why no one thought of it before