Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Snyder will always be a coward in my eyes for not putting the space squid in Watchmen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Green Room in 1 hour!

https://twitter.com/WHMPodcast/status/1375146511521185795

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Every time they do a Green Room and Eric doesn't take a box cutter to Steve's arm while Chris hides in couch cushions and Andrew sings "Nazi Punks gently caress Off," I get a little disappointed.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

https://twitter.com/stephensajdak/status/1375212549046681606
Lol, maybe I should catch these live if I can.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I can't wait for the picture of Steve's tiny cat inhaler :allears:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Pops Mgee posted:

Snyder will always be a coward in my eyes for not putting the space squid in Watchmen.

He really needs the "Superman" character to be a Jesus allegory doin a self sacrifice for the good of the world.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Enjoyed the Sessions, especially Alan Alda as Darkseid, the Jimmy Stewart WB Executives, and the entire aside about Darkseid's goons going planet to planet to sign people up for conquest. I'm glad enjoyment could be wrought out of this awful film.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005
Upped my patreon donation so I could listen to this, super hyped

mweber
Dec 24, 2003
How has it taken them this long to get to Double Team? There is A LOT going on in this movie. At least three laugh-out-loud moments.

Edit: Make that four. Holy poo poo the ending. It’s almost like an action movie parody, but was somehow made before the movies it’s parodying.

mweber fucked around with this message at 13:26 on Mar 27, 2021

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

mweber posted:

How has it taken them this long to get to Double Team? There is A LOT going on in this movie. At least three laugh-out-loud moments.

Edit: Make that four. Holy poo poo the ending.

That movie is an absolute treat. The middle-ish section on the island approaches an actual decent movie that I would have liked to see expanded on, but everything else is loving silly. So. Many. Basketball puns. A basketball parachute? What?

I love that dumbass movie.

mweber
Dec 24, 2003

thrawn527 posted:

That movie is an absolute treat. The middle-ish section on the island approaches an actual decent movie that I would have liked to see expanded on, but everything else is loving silly. So. Many. Basketball puns. A basketball parachute? What?

I love that dumbass movie.

There are so many plots in this movie that could be explored. JCVD’s 11-months pregnant wife getting sucked into the high stakes high art/terrorism world would be a great thriller.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I've got quite a backlog of whm episodes to get through, but what is this Rambo last blood show they're promoting? Is it like a live stream of a live show? Or more like a watch along kinda thing?

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Live stream of a "live" show, except they're all in their houses on camera instead of in the same room. You can watch it actually live as it streams the night of, or download it after the fact for something like 2 weeks afterwards. I liked their Terminator: Dark Fate one from a few months back, some people were more mixed on it I think. I already paid and am ready for it to air.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
That sounds kinda fun, I haven't had the opportunity to attend one of their live shows but spending an evening with the boys would be a hoot. I'm gonna give it a try!

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
https://www.cbr.com/restorethesnyde...5vpRR6QfKMDFjs8

There’s a lot of reason the Snyder Cut was a bad idea, but rewarding these shitstains toxic behavior over the years just makes them thing they should keep doing it. Snyder Cut fans are the Trumpers of the movie-going universe.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

BigglesSWE posted:

I went to IMDB and checked the trivia and Steve wasn’t kidding: it’s hilariously, obsessively crammed with Snyder worshipping.

That there is some trivia yessir

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Rev. Bleech_ posted:

That there is some trivia yessir

:allears:

I’m sure someone at this very moment is trying to argue that it made more money than Endgame too, somehow.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

BigglesSWE posted:

:allears:

I’m sure someone at this very moment is trying to argue that it made more money than Endgame too, somehow.

the whole Trivia section is extremely Not Mad about it

"dethroned"

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I remember seeing Eric send the tweet and the subsequent tweet about locking his mentions because people were being lovely but I had no idea how bad it was until I listened to the Snyder Sessions. It wasn't even a good or particularly scathing joke he made about it.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Eh I dunno. There's a league of lovely people who put their weight behind it because they think it gives them wins over 'sjws'. And given some of those same vocal people are working on an expose of how Snyder's supposed nihilism contributed to his daughter's suicide it's clear that it was never about him or the movie to begin with.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

DrVenkman posted:

Eh I dunno. There's a league of lovely people who put their weight behind it because they think it gives them wins over 'sjws'. And given some of those same vocal people are working on an expose of how Snyder's supposed nihilism contributed to his daughter's suicide it's clear that it was never about him or the movie to begin with.

Doesn’t really mean anything unless you can point to those harassing Eric being of that ilk.

lovely and toxic fans exists too, you know.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

BigglesSWE posted:

Doesn’t really mean anything unless you can point to those harassing Eric being of that ilk.

lovely and toxic fans exists too, you know.

Course they do. There's also no indication those fans that harass others are even fans at all as much as they are people who just tweet search for any dissention (and given the few I've come across are blatantly bots, some of those harrasers aren't even real). But at this point why poke at that nest knowing the worst of the worst are going to pop out of it. There are Korean pop fans who will happily ruin you if you don't like their favourite group. There are Marvel fans who would brand you a mysoginist for not liking CAPTAIN MARVEL. lovely sides of fandom exist everywhere. Bad faith actors exist everywhere. Just block and move on.

DrVenkman fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Mar 31, 2021

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006

DrVenkman posted:

Course they do. There's also no indication those fans that harass others are even fans at all as much as they are people who just tweet search for any dissention (and given the few I've come across are blatantly bots, some of those harrasers aren't even real). But at this point why poke at that nest knowing the worst of the worst are going to pop out of it. There are Korean pop fans who will happily ruin you if you don't like their favourite group. There are Marvel fans who would brand you a mysoginist for not liking CAPTAIN MARVEL. lovely sides of fandom exist everywhere. Bad faith actors exist everywhere. Just block and move on.
Yes, but who gives a poo poo? These particular dumb fans were harassing Eric. You're being weird trying to excuse them.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

The new nexus is hilarious. As much as I like hearing about TOS eps I wish they'd just do these longer TNG episodes instead.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Big Daddy Dispatch is out. Outside of the specialty episodes, it's Connery month, baby!

Episode 540 — You Only Live Twice
Episode 541 — Zardoz
Episode 542 — Highlander
Episode 543 — The Avengers (1998)

Patreon Episodes:
Patreon Exclusive We Love Movies — Goldfinger
Animation Damnation — The Mighty Ducks: "Puck Fiction" (s1, e16)
The Nexus: TOS: "A Private Little War" (s1 e19) TNG: "Evolution" (s3, e1)
Gleep Glossary: Ree-Yees
Melr0210: 90210: "Beach Blanket Brandon" (s2, e1) Melrose Place: "Picture Imperfect" (s1, e21)
Once in a Lifetime (Inaugural Episode!): Stalked by My Doctor

I still say there are better Connery movies for WLM, even better Connery Bond movies, than Goldfinger. That's a landmine of a movie. I mean, From Russia With Love is right there, and a MUCH better Bond movie. But Goldfinger is everyone's favorite, for some reason. I'm hoping for a, "Holy poo poo, what was that?" episode, personally.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 19:57 on Mar 31, 2021

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Ah the Avengers. I stayed up for the staff preview of that one when I worked in a theater, and I was convinced I fell asleep during part of it. Nope, that's just how badly put together it was.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Iron Crowned posted:

Ah the Avengers. I stayed up for the staff preview of that one when I worked in a theater, and I was convinced I fell asleep during part of it. Nope, that's just how badly put together it was.

Yeah, that movie is just a complete mess from start to finish. Maybe it's a decent adaptation of the original show, I have no idea. I just remember the incredible trailer, and seeing the movie in the theater, and being just massively let down.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPsU_u6S71k

In hindsight, the record scratch at 1:34 should have been a hint.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Mar 31, 2021

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
It has a few hours of material cut from it. Of course it doesn't make sense.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Inkspot posted:

It has a few hours of material cut from it. Of course it doesn't make sense.

Hours? Hours. How does it have hours cut? This is a Justice League situation?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

I imagine it's a Glass House or Old Dogs situation where they realized during post-production that they'd created a movie that was both huge and terrible, and they only had the time and budget to fix one of those problems in order to release something and recoup some money

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

thrawn527 posted:

Yeah, that movie is just a complete mess from start to finish. Maybe it's a decent adaptation of the original show, I have no idea. I just remember the incredible trailer, and seeing the movie in the theater, and being just massively let down.

:lol: yeah

I totally remember there being some hype around it too, which is weird because it wasn't a property I would have been familiar with. I guess Uma Thurman was catnip to me and my friends' then17 year old brains :shrug:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

thrawn527 posted:

How now brown cow.

...is all I remembered from that trailer.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I kept wondering where Captain America was when I first saw that trailer as a kid.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

My Avengers memory is around the time it came out, I was 10 years old and flying somewhere with my parents on holiday. I recalled the trailer being and I was bitter when I found out they were showing the movie in First Class whereas the riffraff back at Economy like us had to make due with The Real Howard Spitz (which I ended up really enjoying).

When I saw Avengers years later, I realized I truly got the better end of the deal. gently caress, we were lucky that movie didn't cause that flight to go MH370. That movie is basically the Cats of the late 90s.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 22:00 on Mar 31, 2021

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Avengers would be the first time Ralph Fiennes showed up on the show, I would imagine....

The shot of Uma Thurman jumping off a building in a bear suit will be 40 minutes of content.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?

thrawn527 posted:

Hours? Hours. How does it have hours cut? This is a Justice League situation?

Maybe not hours, but some of the directors' interviews definitely make it sound like there's more material on the floor than the screen.

https://www.slashfilm.com/1998-the-avengers-oral-history/

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

thrawn527 posted:

I still say there are better Connery movies for WLM, even better Connery Bond movies, than Goldfinger. That's a landmine of a movie. I mean, From Russia With Love is right there, and a MUCH better Bond movie. But Goldfinger is everyone's favorite, for some reason. I'm hoping for a, "Holy poo poo, what was that?" episode, personally.

I literally just went though a bunch of iterations of this post suggesting other classic Connery Bonds but all of them have problematic poo poo. Even From Russia With Love has some Connery women slapping and some dubious stuff about manipulating the Roma into killing Cold War enemies.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 15:30 on Apr 1, 2021

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

AceOfFlames posted:

I literally just went though a bunch of iterations of this post suggesting other classic Connery Bonds but all of them have problematic poo poo. Even From Russia With Love has some Connery women slapping and some dubious stuff about manipulating the Roma into killing Cold War enemies.

Yeah, all Connery Bond movies are problematic. Hell, the one they're doing for WHM is You Only Live Twice, which, if I'm not mistaken, is the one where Connery poses as a Japanese man by shaving his chest, putting on a wig, fake eye brows, and crouching down?

Yup, that's the one.

But From Russia With Love is still far and away his best, with the best of his villains, Robert Shaw. And Goldfinger has Connery forcibly rape a woman in a barn (as opposed to the usual problematic Bond method of questionable consent). In Goldfinger, he holds her down, she really tries to fight back, eventually gives up and lets it happen.

(In case it's not clear, she is not smiling in this picture.)

It's hosed up.

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 15:50 on Apr 1, 2021

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

This month should be called We Hate Moviesh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
To answer the question from the ninjamentory - I would absolutely be down for an annual Ninja November or something