Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The MT-25 looks ... uuhhh... well let's just say I'm surprised it didn't come from the Tonka factory.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 31, 2021

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Ugh. The m41hmc is a warcrime. just gonna have to freexp passed this shitbucket.

edit: please tell me the M44 is immensely better.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Ugh. The m41hmc is a warcrime. just gonna have to freexp passed this shitbucket.

edit: please tell me the M44 is immensely better.

https://www.tomato.gg/tank-stats

Look where the M44 is, and then look where every other tank is.

(note: that page defaults to NA server for me, M44 is somewhat less popular on EU and RU).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

saintonan posted:

https://www.tomato.gg/tank-stats

Look where the M44 is, and then look where every other tank is.

(note: that page defaults to NA server for me, M44 is somewhat less popular on EU and RU).

To piggy back off this, despite the green stats and 49% win rate it is by far tier for tier one of the most broken tanks in the game. I feel dirty playing it because you just poo poo all over the enemy team again and again.

Can you carry in it? Probably, but it will be difficult. If you have a bunch of meat head teammates that don't die, you will rain down pain without mercy.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Mesadoram posted:

To piggy back off this, despite the green stats and 49% win rate it is by far tier for tier one of the most broken tanks in the game. I feel dirty playing it because you just poo poo all over the enemy team again and again.

Can you carry in it? Probably, but it will be difficult. If you have a bunch of meat head teammates that don't die, you will rain down pain without mercy.

Yeah SPGs are not carry vehicles, but the M44 is accurate, packs a punch, and has a ridiculously fast reload. It is also the highest credit earning non-premium tank in the game, so a *lot* of people play it.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Good to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm a big fan of the GW Tiger so it'll be nice to have a lower tier good spg.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Good to know there's a light at the end of the tunnel. I'm a big fan of the GW Tiger so it'll be nice to have a lower tier good spg.

The T8 (M40/43) is good and T9 is also fantastic. But the T6 (M44) and T9 (M53/55) are two of the best artys/tanks in their respective tier.

T7 (M12) is fine, really unmemorable. The T10 hits like a dump truck, but I have not played it since it was first released so idk what it is like today.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

RosaParksOfDip posted:

If that's a playstyle you enjoy, I'd encourage you to keep the M44 after you elite it, but continue to work up the American SPG line. The M40/43 is the default SPG for tier 8 strongholds, and the M53/55 is arguably the best SPG in the game.

edit: also the M40/43 will absolutely print credits during Frontlines later this year.

saintonan fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Mar 31, 2021

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Holy poo poo, I did A LOT better in my M40/43 then I remembered.

I think I might need to buy it back, but then again I played that tank a long time ago...

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
My numbers are incredibly skewed considering I only played the american and french lines after returning to the game (also the gw tiger. Unlocked but didn't buy it when I quit).

I don't know why the m41 is such a perfect storm of it being garbage AND my team loses every match so I don't even get pity xp from the victory. It's like the low tier version of the S-51. God awful reload, accuracy and aim time. With a bonus horrible shell travel time.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Arty gameplay relies so much on your teammates. So the stats on them tend to be very weird compared to your other tanks.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Playing SPGs gives you the biggest chance to swing games in your favor if your team doesn't poo poo the bed instantly. You're also the first one blamed if poo poo goes bad, usually the last to die, and have a front row seat for the horror.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Playing SPGs gives you the biggest chance to swing games in your favor if your team doesn't poo poo the bed instantly. You're also the first one blamed if poo poo goes bad, usually the last to die, and have a front row seat for the horror.

So in other words, remove arty from the game.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

This is a 1st Class game in the Somua. Tier 10 on Himmelsdorf.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Yeah, but if your team STARTS to poo poo the bed, you are completely useless. I had a T9/T10 game yesterday where most of my team packed itself in A1-2 on Prokhorovka. Two brave tanks went for the hill. Nobody was trying to spot, nobody was trying to peek. The only enemy tanks that were spotted were enemies who pushed to detect my players, then withdrew.

I still finished the game second on damage, but ~1900 damage in the M53/55 isn't exactly a world record. All I could do was try to take potshots at the rare enemies who got spotted and try to blind fire positions where enemies usually are. Intensely frustrating.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Try playing Ranked for the true frustration experience.

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Looks like wargaming is adding the first ever premium Wheeled Arty to the game: Radpanzerhaubitze auf Sd.Kfz. 1337 (G). Will be releasing on April 31st

https://content-wg.gcdn.co/eu-content/rpzh-skf-1337g.mp4

:rolleyes:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Meanwhile over in War Thunder they've got a special April Fool's game mode, and over here Wargaming ... well, at least they made a 3D model for this thing.

(I'll give it two years before modern wheeled SPGs are in the game for real)

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Meanwhile over in War Thunder they've got a special April Fool's game mode, and over here Wargaming ... well, at least they made a 3D model for this thing.

Apparently they have a working model that they are going to "Show off" on today's livestream.

I would not mind seeing people flip out while the community managers drive this thing around.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Katamari Democracy posted:

Apparently they have a working model that they are going to "Show off" on today's livestream.

I would not mind seeing people flip out while the community managers drive this thing around.

I hope it really is a real thing and the CMs just WRECK fools with an autoloading, HEAT dropping wheeled arty. And then take it away never to give it to anyone else.

E: and the official stream's chat is full of people who don't understand what an april fool's joke is and are begging for more info on the wheeled arty and how to get it.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Apr 1, 2021

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Wedge Regret

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I hope it really is a real thing and the CMs just WRECK fools with an autoloading, HEAT dropping wheeled arty. And then take it away never to give it to anyone else.

E: and the official stream's chat is full of people who don't understand what an april fool's joke is and are begging for more info on the wheeled arty and how to get it.

https://wgmods.net/5488

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

:allears:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

We've moved on from wanting the april fool's thing to being outraged at the OPness of the april's fool thing.

E: lol eekeboo is playing the mod right now and it looks hilariously stupid, because the massive arty piece has the tiny EBR's physics. Also you can't tell where your tank's actual nose is because the modded version is so much bigger. And the tank's model is a lot taller than the EBR, so you think you can shoot over obstacles while your actual gun barrel is still obstructed.

"The fun comes at a price"

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Apr 1, 2021

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

All this just makes me think how awesome it would be to allow the high elevation German TDs to fire in arty mode.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

April 1st aside, it would be nice for WGing to branch out on different types of tanks and wheeled vehicles and things. The smoothbore/rifled barrel cut off poo poo is so stupid, its a pixel game with made up poo poo everywhere.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BadLlama posted:

April 1st aside, it would be nice for WGing to branch out on different types of tanks and wheeled vehicles and things. The smoothbore/rifled barrel cut off poo poo is so stupid, its a pixel game with made up poo poo everywhere.

My man do I have the game for you, it's called Armored Warfare and it's a really goo

*dial tone*

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

AW was good at first, then they WG'd their game more then WG does.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I got the Concept 1B and the Skoda T-45 and now I'm done with Ranked. It is an absolute garbage fire of a game mode.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

It's designed to promote controversy and toxicity so it seems to be working well.

Gorman Thomas
Jul 24, 2007
My best ranked tank is the loving Manticore. I managed to progrees from rank 5 to 9 in division 1 last night by not losing a single Chevron over 2 hours of play. I wasn't using bonus battles so it killed my efficiency but who cares, I'm finishing this poo poo tonight.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

I just play until I make it to division 1 and then quit because that lets you get the tank and then not have to play Ranked anymore.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I was trying to get to gold so I would get 5 tokens to be able to get the Concept but I guess I don't understand how league works. I thought you could just plow through all the divisions and then grind your way up the leagues but it doesn't work like that :(

So now I have 8 tokens which is completely useless trash and I am mad.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

That sucks. You gotta get to division 1 each season (provided you don't go any farther in a season) in order to get the tank.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

BadLlama posted:

I was trying to get to gold so I would get 5 tokens to be able to get the Concept but I guess I don't understand how league works. I thought you could just plow through all the divisions and then grind your way up the leagues but it doesn't work like that :(

So now I have 8 tokens which is completely useless trash and I am mad.

You'll get 500 bonds per token after this ends, so not completely useless trash.

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

McGavin posted:

Skoda T-45
Oh loving hellfire, this means the CZ branch for Heavy Tanks is on the horizon doesn't it?

Can't wait to see what napkin doodle they suddenly discover in the archives for the inevitable Tier VIII premium vehicle.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Oh loving hellfire, this means the CZ branch for Heavy Tanks is on the horizon doesn't it?

Can't wait to see what napkin doodle they suddenly discover in the archives for the inevitable Tier VIII premium vehicle.

Well, if that heavy is a representation of what the line is going to be (https://tanks.gg/v11210ct/tank/skoda-t-45) then it will probably be a dumpster fire.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
They might finally buff the M60: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2021/04/02/wot-supertest-another-6-more-premium-tanks-rebalanced/

EDIT: Wrong Chieftain.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 17:37 on Apr 2, 2021

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Outside of the mobility thing, it doesn't seem half bad

https://tanks.gg/v11210ct/compare/skoda-t-45?t=amx-m4-45%7Ecarro-p88%7Et29%7Etiger-i%7Etiger-p%7Evk-4503

also lol at how loving broken the Tiger is and ppl still cry about sucking in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

BIG HEADLINE posted:

They might finally buff the M60: https://thearmoredpatrol.com/2021/04/02/wot-supertest-another-6-more-premium-tanks-rebalanced/

Oh, and evidently the Chieftain/T95 is underpowered. :rolleyes:

Are you loving making GBS threads me, they're buffing the loving Chieftain? And it's not even from April 1st so it's either a Volkswagen april fool's or actually happening.

E: Oh, on closer inspection that appears to be the T8 version not the T10 OPwagon, but I'll leave this here as a monument to reading fully before reacting.

I have no idea if "complex reworking of the turret armour" is enough to make the M60 any good, but I have been eyeing the thing in the Bond store...

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Apr 2, 2021