Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

redesigning my personal website and also considering trying to get an amateur radio license
boy oh boy i sure do have relevant hobbies for a loving 18 year old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

hbag posted:

redesigning my personal website and also considering trying to get an amateur radio license

It's 1996 already?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

hbag posted:

This reminded me of the last website I made, like in 2008 or 2009 or so. I was getting sick of some site spamming every message board it could find to try to get people to go to their scammy resale/fraud site so I made a site to try to poison their search results. At the time "making GBS threads dick nipples" was kind of in vogue, so that's what I went with.

I just checked and my attempt at search engine deoptimization is still live, apparently. :stare:

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp
Congrats Pennywise

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

hbag posted:

I just got my radio license a few weeks ago! I haven't done anything with it yet though. I have no plans right now since it'll get expensive pretty fast I'm guessing.

Do it!

Vim Fuego posted:

Congrats Pennywise

Thank you! I've been wanting to get some sort of validation of marksmanship for years!

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Pennywise the Frown posted:

I got my Appleseed Project rifleman badge!!!

I'm super excited. Appleseed is a revolutionary war org that promotes marksmanship. This is my 3rd event. The first time I went it was maybe 45F and raining and I was just caked in mud. My shooting mat still has mud on it from that event. The second time it was 30F and snowing. This time it was 40F and muddy as poo poo too due to rain. So it isn't super fun being outside for 9 hours standing, sitting, and laying in a bunch of mud. But it was worth it! I always learn a lot. We spend all day learning about all the different aspects of marksmanship. We also hit up a lot of what happened on April 19th, 1775 where the first shots rang out in the revolutionary war. That's their whole deal. It's actually pretty interesting and they are very much not a bunch of chuds. Or at least they hide it extremely well. It sounds stupid but I'm really sore from doing all of that. Especially my neck. Plus my eyes are just strained to poo poo by the end of the day.

Anyway, I finally got enough shots on the right part of the target out to a simulated 500 yards I think. We shoot at 25 meters but the different target sizes simulate different distances. Most ranges don't go out near that far.

For the qualification target on the left, the top target is standing, next row is sitting, 3rd row is to start from standing and quickly transition to prone, and last is prone. It's all timed so you have to be on the ball.

The target on the right is another simulated one that we shoot one at the beginning and one at the end to see how we've improved. I got them all on this last one.

There is a second day tomorrow but I'm in pain and don't know if I want to do all of that again out in the cold for 9 hours.

Either way, I'm so excited! I worked towards something and I accomplished it. :unsmith:

Very cool! You should be proud of yourself, especially for not giving up after a couple of years even though the first two were miserable conditions.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

My new workshop is being framed up this week and it's taller than my house. I knew this going in, but seeing it is pretty crazy. The 2nd floor is going to be the kid's game room.

With it being taller than my home, one side will have an excellent view of the mountains and I'm thinking of putting in a giant window in the center of that wall.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

spacetoaster posted:

My new workshop is being framed up this week and it's taller than my house. I knew this going in, but seeing it is pretty crazy. The 2nd floor is going to be the kid's game room.

With it being taller than my home, one side will have an excellent view of the mountains and I'm thinking of putting in a giant window in the center of that wall.

You're probably so dang excited! That's awesome, goon.

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic
Don’t forget to share the pictures! Would love to see what you decided!

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
my friend taught me how to bake bread!!!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Literally A Person posted:

You're probably so dang excited! That's awesome, goon.

It's going to be insanely good to just have my tools hanging on the wall. Rather than digging everything out of the closet and then putting it all back.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

spacetoaster posted:

Nice! What are you working on? Vehicles, woodworking, metal shop?

My current quarantine activity: putting down a heated tile floor in my wife's office. Just finished installing the underfloor heating mats and the self levelling compound. I'll install the electrical circuit while the concrete cures, then all we have to do is add the thermostat and lay the tile.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Vim Fuego posted:

Nice! What are you working on? Vehicles, woodworking, metal shop?

I've got a 1944 Ford/Willys jeep that needs to be completed. Other than that it'll be for whatever I want to do.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Sjs00 posted:

my friend taught me how to bake bread!!!

I like how it looks like its wearing pants

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

I like how it looks like its wearing pants

pants made of cinnamon and white chocolate chips

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Sjs00 posted:

pants made of cinnamon and white chocolate chips

Wearable delicious treats popular in 2021! One trick Weight Watchers hates!

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
Having a bonfire (easter tradition here), got the bottom of a water tank I got for free as a firepit.

Also from last night, what happens when you take sawdust and throw it in the fire

https://i.imgur.com/0vTR0MA.mp4

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

His Divine Shadow posted:

Also from last night, what happens when you take sawdust and throw it in the fire

You start an episode of Are You Afraid of The Dark?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

since my bedroom is too far from the router to reasonably set up a full on ethernet connection to it, im instead going to use a crossover cable to connect my server directly to my pc

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
thats an awesome fire pit!

hbag posted:

since my bedroom is too far from the router to reasonably set up a full on ethernet connection to it, im instead going to use a crossover cable to connect my server directly to my pc

thats it buddy never get offline

DerekSmartymans
Feb 14, 2005

The
Copacetic
Ascetic

Sjs00 posted:

thats an awesome fire pit!

Agreed! Really “home-y” aesthetic.

quote:

thats it buddy never get offline

I don’t have a life span long enough for full cyborg replacement body, but will be satisfied when I can connect my Terabyte per second cranial port to my RJ122 cable and keep up with my perfect DPS rotation during World of Warcraft boss fights.

“What do you mean bad WiFi signal? Wired only, n00b!”
*immediate kick vote

tango alpha delta
Sep 9, 2011

Ask me about my wealthy lifestyle and passive income! I love bragging about my wealth to my lessers! My opinions are more valid because I have more money than you! Stealing the fruits of the labor of the working class is okay, so long as you don't do it using crypto. More money = better than!

hbag posted:

speaking as someone almost 3 times your age, i hope you are spending some time outside and away from the forums.

it's good for you.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
the specific benefit is that your attention span will be less unequal

hard to get work done if you hyperfixate on poo poo or wooble around every 50 seconds

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
What I'm trying to do is decarboxalate a bunch of weed to infuse some coconut oil. In hindsight it appears I have hotboxed my kitchen. Feature not a bug imo.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

tango alpha delta posted:

speaking as someone almost 3 times your age, i hope you are spending some time outside and away from the forums.

it's good for you.

i used to

naem
May 29, 2011

https://i.imgur.com/FA7QOz1.gifv

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Press Button To Tug

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

tango alpha delta posted:

it's good for you.

Man if you can magically make covid disappear I'll very, very happily do that.

I miss dancing.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Elentor posted:

Man if you can magically make covid disappear I'll very, very happily do that.

I miss dancing.

There are lots of things that don’t involve being around other people.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

MarcusSA posted:

super helpful

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tip posted:

super helpful

A list would be?

Like what is there to say? You cam get out of the house and do stuff with like no risk if you pick the right things to do.

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

MarcusSA posted:

A list would be?

Like what is there to say? You cam get out of the house and do stuff with like no risk if you pick the right things to do.

you're blowing my mind

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

MarcusSA posted:

A list would be?

Camming outside the house seems like a good way to pick up a public indecency charge.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Camming outside the house seems like a good way to pick up a public indecency charge.

That’s half the fun of it.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MarcusSA posted:

I already go out more than I should (appointments with doctors etc, health stuff) but I am yet to find the magical activity that involves me going out in a 13 million people macrometropolis, living in front of a very active hypermarket, that somehow doesn't involve being around other people.

I went out to a local park to record a funny video and turns out everyone had the same idea during the quarantine and the once deserted place was just filled with more people than the beach.

Edit: I went homeless last year and I got covid in exactly one day of it, the time it took for generous goons to get me back on my feet. I live in a district with 45k people per square mile, unless you actually make a list of "lots of things that don't involve being around other people" for outdoor activities I'm genuinely clueless as to what those mythical activities are. And lol if you say climbing.

Elentor fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Apr 5, 2021

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Outrail posted:

What I'm trying to do is decarboxalate a bunch of weed to infuse some coconut oil. In hindsight it appears I have hotboxed my kitchen. Feature not a bug imo.

Ha
I bet you were absolutely wasted

naem
May 29, 2011

snek

Sjs00
Jun 29, 2013

Yeah Baby Yeah !
The options for outdoors activity right now are vanishingly small. it's basically go for a socially distanced walk/jog at an unusual time like 2am when theres fewer people. I like to go to the beach early and do some sprints etc and then head straight home.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

dogging

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I've gone snowboarding a ton during the pandemic, they've been open for a while. You just gotta wear a mask whenever you're in line (I usually wear a full hood under my helmet snowboarding anyways) and make sure no strangers get on the lift with you. Of course, snowboarding isn't a convenient thing you can just go do on an afternoon, it's gotta be all planned out and usually requires some travel.

Surfed a lot too, that felt pretty safe even if there were some people at the same break.

Running kind of makes me uncomfortable if there is anyone around because I'm working on my cardio so I'm huffing and puffing a bit, and if someone is coming the other direction I feel like I might breathe on them. Wearing a mask while running is loving poo poo though, obviously