Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Vykk.Draygo posted:

I didn't get a chance to see what the files are, but did you try unpacking the main archive file (either .rar or .part01 usually, or something similar) and seeing if it works?

That's what SABnzbd's doing. The files it leaves me with are, well... I'll PM you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

decided to try updating my SABnzbd
installed it via github
got the dependencies, etc

and of course

yes, i did pull the master branch, before someone tells me to do that

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
Their releases are here, including a source download if you wish. Cloning from Github isn't listed as a method.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Rooted Vegetable posted:

Their releases are here, including a source download if you wish. Cloning from Github isn't listed as a method.

it is if youre on debian lol

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

hbag posted:

decided to try updating my SABnzbd
installed it via github
got the dependencies, etc

and of course

yes, i did pull the master branch, before someone tells me to do that

Wrong Python version

Make sure the script is invoked with a recent version of Python 3. You may need to execute "python3 myscript.py" instead of relying on the hashbang. If that doesn't work then the system version of Python is also too old.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

xtal posted:

Wrong Python version

Make sure the script is invoked with a recent version of Python 3. You may need to execute "python3 myscript.py" instead of relying on the hashbang. If that doesn't work then the system version of Python is also too old.

running sudo apt install python3.9 seems to install the dependencies but... not the package itself
lol

also in that screenshot i was using python3

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

Literally just use nzbget

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

hbag posted:

running sudo apt install python3.9 seems to install the dependencies but... not the package itself
lol

also in that screenshot i was using python3

If you're using Debian this is probably some crap with update-alternatives. What if you explicitly run "python3.9"?

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

xtal posted:

If you're using Debian this is probably some crap with update-alternatives. What if you explicitly run "python3.9"?

command not found

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yeah gently caress it i just got nzbget

here's hoping it works lol
(no that screenshot isnt :filez:)

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?

Violator posted:

Something I’ve always wondered is how personal are the NZB files? Do they contain any details about the indexer, indexer user account, etc? I’ve always assumed they are basically nameless and generic?

Wiki has a nice example of a minimal NZB file:

code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="iso-8859-1" ?>
<!DOCTYPE nzb PUBLIC "-//newzBin//DTD NZB 1.1//EN" "http://www.newzbin.com/DTD/nzb/nzb-1.1.dtd">
<nzb xmlns="http://www.newzbin.com/DTD/2003/nzb">
 <head>
   <meta type="title">Your File!</meta>
   <meta type="tag">Example</meta>
 </head>
 <file poster="Joe Bloggs <bloggs@nowhere.example>;" date="1071674882" subject="Here's your file!  abc-mr2a.r01 (1/2)">
   <groups>
     <group>alt.binaries.newzbin</group>
     <group>alt.binaries.mojo</group>
   </groups>
   <segments>
     <segment bytes="102394" number="1">123456789abcdef@news.newzbin.com</segment>
     <segment bytes="4501" number="2">987654321fedbca@news.newzbin.com</segment>
   </segments>
 </file>
</nzb>
It's at a basic level just a collection of file entries that each contain a list of the message IDs where that file's contents can be found. As an XML file it's of course easy to add additional elements which would uniquely identify who downloaded that NZB, but those elements could be easily stripped out. It's not like a torrent where unique identifiers could be embedded in the tracker URL, there is nothing required for functionality that can be made unique per downloader in a practical way.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

my brain is in fact huge
it turns out i was misunderstanding what sonarr meant by remote path mapping

so now im trying to figure out how the gently caress to get KBFS working on a raspberry pi so i can put the downloads somewhere i can actually access

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

hbag posted:

my brain is in fact huge
it turns out i was misunderstanding what sonarr meant by remote path mapping

so now im trying to figure out how the gently caress to get KBFS working on a raspberry pi so i can put the downloads somewhere i can actually access
glad you fixed it

Depends on needs or future-needs. Could just have your RPI running as a file-server / stashing them onto a large external shared drive or something that you remotely map as a Mapped Network Drive and then just pull it up on VLC on whatever r computer you're accessing it from if it's exclusively just "i play poo poo on my laptop at home only".

You can run Plex/Kodi on the RPI so you can watch movies/shows on your laptop, tablet, phone, tv, etc which is very convenient having access to them anywhere. It's nice to just start essentially netflixing stuff from an airport or train on whatever. Thats what I do for my Synology DS918 NAS, however, I dont think Plex on RPi4 supports Hardware Transcoding (at this time) which is a bummer, so I'm not sure how well it'll work. RPi4 is a really nice beast so it may work fine without HW Transcoding. Or you have some setup where your files are shared and then accessed by Plex on another server somewhere else that's more powerful. If you just want to stream directly from the RPI to nearby TV or laptop then Kodi may be better but I honestly haven't used it.

i used to do the whole "pull up an individual file through vlc on a shared drive" thing but really having a Media Server (be it Plex or Kodi) is well worth setting up. it lets you share poo poo with family or friends and can do it on TVs or any device, plus having a library manager that remembers what episode you were on, what youve watched, what youve recently added, etc is just really nice

Xaris fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Apr 2, 2021

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

yeah i just got a webdav server running on my pi and connected to it with a totally legitimate copy of mountain duck lmao

now to wait and see if it actually works once these episodes finish downloading

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

getting the "cant find files to import" error again but luckily this time there's actually a video file rather than garbled nonsense
it's a .mkv file, and im assuming sonarr doesn't like those (otherwise it wouldnt be whining, right?)

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

MKVs will make up the vast majority of releases, and Sonarr should play fine with them.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

EL BROMANCE posted:

MKVs will make up the vast majority of releases, and Sonarr should play fine with them.

dang

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002
That obfuscated filename is normal, Sonarr et al will rename it when importing to your media library. If downloading yourself it's a quick job to rename it manually.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Rooted Vegetable posted:

That obfuscated filename is normal, Sonarr et al will rename it when importing to your media library. If downloading yourself it's a quick job to rename it manually.

that's not what im getting at, look at the first screenshot
sonarr's saying it cant import it
why

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

restarting sonarr as an administrator seems to have fixed it
now they're all "waiting to import", assuming they'll import when everything's done downloading?

e: nevermind lol as soon as i posted that they all went orange and suddenly cant find the files

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

i mean for now i can just manually navigate to the webdav directory but thats a bit fuckin annoying honestly

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE
Dude this isn’t for you. Maybe you should go buy blu rays.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Nitr0 posted:

Dude this isn’t for you. Maybe you should go buy blu rays.

lmao gently caress off

Takes No Damage
Nov 20, 2004

The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage far.

Grimey Drawer
I mean, this is the most traffic this thread has gotten in a while :shobon:

Sonarr and Radarr will try to auto-import stuff you download, but sometimes they get confused in silly ways, like not being able to find 'Moviename, The' because it's expecting 'The Moviename'. If you go to the Wanted screen in Sonarr there's a Manual Import button you can hit to browse to your files and tell Sonarr what they are. It sucks to have to do for a lot of files but it might help you get things rolling while you work out what could be some funky file permissions issues? That's a notorious trip up point for most of these types of programs, though mostly for the Linux flavors.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve very occasionally had the same thing in Sonarr where hitting manual import leads to being told there aren’t any files to import go gently caress yourself.

I just go and manually move those files instead, sonarr will index them next time it refreshes the library. It is a mystery.

Vykk.Draygo
Jan 17, 2004

I say salesmen and women of the world unite!
It's probably a permissions issue, since you're running on linux. Sonarr probably doesn't have read access to your downloads folder. It'll also need write access for the folder it's moving them to, which is an issue I've even had on Windows.

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

Vykk.Draygo posted:

since you're running on linux. ... which is an issue I've even had on Windows.

One thing, he's mentioned he was running Debian earlier, but those screenshots we were supposed to magically get his meaning just by looking at them... appear to be Windows.

Htop, have you searched the Sonarr and Nzbget forums?

xtal
Jan 9, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

Rooted Vegetable posted:

One thing, he's mentioned he was running Debian earlier, but those screenshots we were supposed to magically get his meaning just by looking at them... appear to be Windows.

Htop, have you searched the Sonarr and Nzbget forums?

They said they're running debian on a raspberry Pi and network mounting it from windows

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

xtal posted:

They said they're running debian on a raspberry Pi and network mounting it from windows

Ah. My mistake. I guess I wasn't paying attention.

Nitr0
Aug 17, 2005

IT'S FREE REAL ESTATE

hbag posted:

lmao gently caress off

No u

Every post you’ve made here could have been resolved by just slowing down and searching the solutions and / or not making poo poo so loving complicated and using ur brain.

Your overcomplications of using Debian thru a socks proxy on a rasp Pi while transferring it to 8 hard drives buried in your backyard connected by fibre optics and powered by potato batteries are probably why you can’t handle the simple steps of install program, download nzb, enjoy file.

Nitr0 fucked around with this message at 18:06 on Apr 2, 2021

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

hbag posted:

restarting sonarr as an administrator seems to have fixed it

I'd agree that

Vykk.Draygo posted:

It's probably a permissions issue

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano

Nitr0 posted:

No u

Every post you’ve made here could have been resolved by just slowing down and searching the solutions and / or not making poo poo so loving complicated and using ur brain.

Your overcomplications of using Debian thru a socks proxy on a rasp Pi while transferring it to 8 hard drives buried in your backyard connected by fibre optics and powered by potato batteries are probably why you can’t handle the simple steps of install program, download nzb, enjoy file.

I see you're not familiar with 2021's best new poster, hbag

Impotence
Nov 8, 2010
Lipstick Apathy

xtal posted:

this is probably some nfs permissions implosion then

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Nitr0 posted:

No u

if you read my other posts, you'd see im not using a socks proxy, i've got it mounted as a webdav drive (because i don't feel like leaving my pc on 24/7 to download poo poo, so instead im using my pi for it)
so right now it's an issue of install progam, download nzb, 'whoops sorry no video files here :)', and then manually transferring the video files to my pc

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

hbag posted:

that's not what im getting at, look at the first screenshot
sonarr's saying it cant import it
why

File access permissions, you need to set a new group, add sonarr's user to it (and whoever else you want) then change the group of the root nzb folder

then you can do `chmod +s nzbfolder` to make sure any new files and directories inherit from that :P

edit: this is basical linux system stuff, please go look up a tutorial on groups and perms!! I used to have the same problem lmao and I only learned about the s flag to chmod while searching out how to not manually set that every drat time

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 20:14 on Apr 2, 2021

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

alexandriao posted:

File access permissions, you need to set a new group, add sonarr's user to it (and whoever else you want) then change the group of the root nzb folder

then you can do `chmod +s nzbfolder` to make sure any new files and directories inherit from that :P

edit: this is basical linux system stuff, please go look up a tutorial on groups and perms!! I used to have the same problem lmao and I only learned about the s flag to chmod while searching out how to not manually set that every drat time

sonarr isn't running on the linux machine lol

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Nitr0 posted:

No u

This was an amazing accurate summary of his posts and he configuration.

alexandriao
Jul 20, 2019

hbag posted:

That's fine, the downloaded files can still be fucky across network permissions, as others in this thread have mentioned. And the solution is still to change permissions of the folder and files, and make them inheritable, but that would depend on samba or whatever hell program you're using to make it interface with windoze

edit: Also, worth confirming that we're all correct here by enabling debug verbose logging (or whatever verbosest verbosey setting that you can find) and double checking those

alexandriao fucked around with this message at 20:33 on Apr 2, 2021

Rooted Vegetable
Jun 1, 2002

hbag posted:

In plain terms, what is running where?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

Rooted Vegetable posted:

In plain terms, what is running where?

NZBget on the pi (Raspbian), Sonarr on the windows machine (has the pi mounted as a WebDAV drive)