Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

I mean, her only other option is to say no, and be replaced by Charlotte in the title match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Seeing that one of the female referees is gone makes me immediately think something happened with Vince and that loving sucks.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i hope the other lady ref is doing ok. she's my favorite part of the wwe.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I didn't even know they had a second lady ref

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011
The ref who left is in a much better place. And by that I mean I'm pretty sure it's Aubrey Edwards.

Huntman
Apr 22, 2010

Yeah, looks like it's Aubrey when she was there around the time they did the Mae Young Classic 2 if I recall.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_YPuDYWua8

They're here to show the world

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

https://twitter.com/PWInsidercom/status/1377371816709124097?s=20

Spoiler: It's Brian Kendrick

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I love that Stephanie thinks she is the one and only advocate for women in wrestling sports entertainment in her fantasy world. Britt/Rosa never happened

The thing is, in her world/bubble, she's right.

I bet in the WWE backstage higher up bubble that Stephanie inhabits, not a single one of the other useless middle management suits give half a gently caress about the women as wrestlers, or even talent.

So after one of the interminable backstage meetings where faceless pervert lickspittle suit #3, (or more likely Kevin Dunn or Johnny Ace), says "OK, we should have a 'get back to the kitchen' match, where the chicks lez out afterwards. But we only have 3 minutes for the match, so we can fit in more of Seth Rollins opening promo time.", and Stephanie is the only one who goes "Hey! Don't do that, it's sexist." so the segment gets cut. She probably sees herself as a beacon of feminism fighting the good fight for all the women in the industry.

Then there is the fact that Stephanie probably doesn't even like/watch wrestling. So why would she have seen Britt/Rosa? The insularity of the wrestling bubble is one thing, but the insularity of the WWE corporate bubble is another.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

that might play better if people didn't publicly view her taking over the social media demand for womens wrestling to be treated seriously as if it were her idea even though she'd been around in the same head roles for the previous 10+ years, then put herself at the center of all of it on-screen from day one when she had nothing to do with the clamoring

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

BrigadierSensible posted:

I bet in the WWE backstage higher up bubble that Stephanie inhabits, not a single one of the other useless middle management suits give half a gently caress about the women as wrestlers, or even talent.
I can't remember her job title at the time, because all of WWE's job titles seem entirely arbitrary, but IIRC she was directly in charge of creative during both the endless Playboy lingerie match era and the following 'every woman is a psychotic faux-lesbian bitch' phase, then moved to brand officer right before AJ, Paige and Emma came in. She had the power to do something about the state of the women's division in WWE long before any changes were made.

ed: Checked it, she was 'director of creative television' from 2002-2006, then she became 'executive vice-president of creative development and operations' and a producer until 2013. So the very end of her control over creative just barely overlapped with the very start of the 'revolution'. So at best she did nothing about it for 10 years, when she had all the power to, then maybe pushed for change in her last year as the de facto second-in-command of booking.

pressedbunny fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Mar 31, 2021

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I don’t know how you inherit being a carny when all you know is being rich.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

in a bubble you could say that twitter finally gave stephanie the leverage she needed to do what she always wanted to see. i'm sure if that happened to someone they would want to be a part of it on-screen as well so that would partially explain why everything to do with any woman is also attributed to stephanie. in the bubba it had been such a long road. bub bub

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

which one

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/CedricAlexander/status/1377387745039933443?s=20

Word

Conrad_Birdie
Jul 10, 2009

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Former WWE Champion Brian Kendrick???

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

MotU posted:

which one

lol

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Hurt Business was so drat good and they had so many chances to make them even better. Remember when even though they were heels, they were fighting against Retribution as the invading anarchists? That sure went nowhere. Remember when they did a takeover of Shane's Underground? That went nowhere too.

And then they break them up because Bobby randomly turns on them and Corbin is involved.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

RealFoxy posted:

Hurt Business was so drat good and they had so many chances to make them even better. Remember when even though they were heels, they were fighting against Retribution as the invading anarchists? That sure went nowhere. Remember when they did a takeover of Shane's Underground? That went nowhere too.

And then they break them up because Bobby randomly turns on them and Corbin is involved.

Hurt Business have always been faces with an edgy streak and nobody will tell me differently. I can't wait to see American Hero Bobby Lashley defeat that evil foreigner from Scotland for his dastardly abuse of those innocent ethnic minority jobbers!

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
They could've even done a corporate takeover angle by recruiting retribution members by promising them more money, title matches, and even had some NWO energy when they first started

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

this is violence

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Sanguinia posted:

Hurt Business have always been faces with an edgy streak and nobody will tell me differently. I can't wait to see American Hero Bobby Lashley defeat that evil foreigner from Scotland for his dastardly abuse of those innocent ethnic minority jobbers!
The anonymous caller needs to call back into the show to give us the update on whether the fans are supposed to cheer or boo for which wrestlers. I'm sure Asuka and Rhea will be heels somehow but Drew will be a babyface.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

they said a star though

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Blaise330 posted:

they said a star though

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

RealFoxy posted:

The end of that sentence has been like the last five years of WWE.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
Imagine being a wrestler and finding out the WWE hired 60 data scientists to figure out how much you were making on the side so WWE could calculate their cut and then realizing those 60 data scientists probably get health insurance.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

Kunabomber posted:

They could've even done a corporate takeover angle by recruiting retribution members by promising them more money, title matches, and even had some NWO energy when they first started

Except that they made a point in them signing WWE contracts and being signed to Raw.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Farewell to another 205 Live original.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Legit cannot believe Brian Kendrick was still employed by WWE

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Kendrick was great for being in those Watch Alongs sitting in the background looking absolutely miserable

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
https://twitter.com/WrestlingInc/status/1377433503604744198

Literally who is this for

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Does she have vaping super powers, I've never watched wwe

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

That looks stupid as poo poo.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Why is there an NXT Fiend? Can nobody stop Bray Wyatt?

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

I could have really used more than 3 seconds of context for this, but then I remembered its impossible to care about NXT so w/e

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

is that what Xia Li is doing now

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Benne posted:

Literally who is this for
Vince, Kevin, or HHH, take your pick.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Alaois posted:

is that what Xia Li is doing now

Yea, she is being controlled or just subservant to this mysterious woman figure that sits on a throne. She is suppose to be this very deadly lethal striker fighter character.

Wait so isn't of Xia Li in the clip vaping. That's her 'master' Mei Ying.

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Apr 1, 2021

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

yeah i vape gently caress you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
People say this every day, but the truth ads getting worse