Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ellie Crabcakes
Feb 1, 2008

Stop emailing my boyfriend Gay Crungus

I dunno I haven't really been that great at it so far 🤷🏻‍♀️

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

i'm older than my mother was when she became a grandmother. i'm almost the age my father was when he became a grandpa.

my oldest nephew has a kid and is old enough to drink. i couldn't imagine having kids at this point.

here i am going back to school and my childhood peers have kids graduating high school.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

Mr. Nice! posted:

here i am going back to school and my childhood peers have kids graduating high school.

we all own ourselves in different ways

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
drat. those are some tight shorts.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i swear, i must have whanged the left rear part of my head against the headboard or something. and it's not making my left-shoulder pain feel any better :qq:

currently explaining to myself that brain cancer happens inside the skull, where there are no nerve endings

prefect fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Mar 31, 2021

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

prefect posted:

i swear, i must have whanged the left rear part of my head against the headboard or something. and it's not making my left-shoulder pain feel any better :qq:

currently explaining to myself that brain cancer happens inside the skull, where there are no nerve endings

he doesn’t know about head cancer......

rotor
Jun 11, 2001

classic case of pineapple derangement syndrome
[gestures] brain cloud

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

rotor posted:

[gestures] brain cloud
:hmmyes:

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

rotor posted:

[gestures] brain cloud

perfect execution

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Excuse me, pardon me, sheer perfection coming through
the brain cloud is just somebody else's brain

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

rotor posted:

[gestures] brain cloud

i miss the days when tom hanks wasn't a revered cultural icon :corsair:

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

prefect posted:

i miss the days when tom hanks wasn't a revered cultural icon :corsair:

how old are you exactly

because i feel like tom hanks has been a thing my entire life

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

same, first saw him in big. he was big then.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

wait, no, maybe it was bosom buddies.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I've disliked Tom Hanks ever since I saw "Big".

e: I mean it's the first time I ever saw him so

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mediaphage posted:

how old are you exactly

because i feel like tom hanks has been a thing my entire life

oh, he's always been around, but he was just a goofy guy before forrest gump. i think that's when it started. maybe that and philadelphia -- he got too many oscars

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

prefect posted:

oh, he's always been around, but he was just a goofy guy before forrest gump. i think that's when it started. maybe that and philadelphia -- he got too many oscars

i dunno, philly's only 5 years after big

but that also skips over 'a league of their own' and 'sleepless in seattle' which were both big hits and idk if i'd call him goofy even if they were comedies

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

mediaphage posted:

i dunno, philly's only 5 years after big

but that also skips over 'a league of their own' and 'sleepless in seattle' which were both big hits and idk if i'd call him goofy even if they were comedies

"guy who makes comedies" can be goofy. "guy who wins best actor two years in a row" can't

there should be more attention paid to his work like dragnet, where he and dan aykroyd rapped

at least people haven't forgotten when jim carrey made his butt talk to tone loc

prefect fucked around with this message at 10:52 on Apr 1, 2021

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
well at least you’re complaining in the right thread prefect

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Cold on a Cob posted:

well at least you’re complaining in the right thread prefect

that's why i'm here :D

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

All my joints are fine and I am in no amount of discomfort anymore.

Haha April You's!

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

3D Megadoodoo posted:

All my joints are fine and I am in no amount of discomfort anymore.

Haha April You's!

:sympathy:

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

i like tom hanks and i wish he hadn’t starred in forrest gump the most poisonous piece of poo poo movie ive ever seen

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

jesus WEP posted:

i like tom hanks and i wish he hadn’t starred in forrest gump the most poisonous piece of poo poo movie ive ever seen

just be glad they didn't make the sequel novel

mediaphage
Mar 22, 2007

Agile Vector posted:

just be glad they didn't make the sequel novel

lol

wiki posted:

Larry King reportedly called it "the funniest novel I ever read".[9]

The publisher, Simon & Schuster, cite a number of positive reviews, including Patricia Holt, in the San Francisco Chronicle, saying it "is a delight".[10]

The New York Times review called the book's humor tiresome and banal.[11]

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
forrest gump is truly the most boomer poo poo imaginable and everyone should watch it just so they know what they're dealing with when they talk to a boomer

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

President Beep posted:

same, first saw him in big. he was big then.
https://twitter.com/daveshumka/status/673934594522017793?s=21

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I also hate watching Gene Hackman. He's disgusting.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Oh and Ben Affleck because for some reason they embalmed him like 20 years ago? "Oh hey I'm an actor, watch me literally not have any muscles under my face, I don't look creepy at all."

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Oh and Ben Affleck because for some reason they embalmed him like 20 years ago? "Oh hey I'm an actor, watch me literally not have any muscles under my face, I don't look creepy at all."

turn on your monitor

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I also hate watching Gene Hackman. He's disgusting.
hackman was good in unforgiven as a villain

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kenny Logins posted:

hackman was good in unforgiven as a villain

That may well be - I couldn't watch it as he was in it.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I turned on my monitor once and saw a loving Citizen Tayne post :barf: Never agiain.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

3D Megadoodoo posted:

That may well be - I couldn't watch it as he was in it.
i think it's fine to have visceral aversions to actors. i can't think of any of mine off hand but i'm sure i have them

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

castaway prequel looking dumb.

Truman Peyote
Oct 11, 2006

my gf is allergic to scarlet johanssen which restricts a surprising number of cohen brothers movies

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Truman Peyote posted:

my gf is allergic to scarlet johanssen which restricts a surprising number of cohen brothers movies
my wife hates hates hates billy zane. which works out quite well for me

she also dislikes scarjo and won't watch any movie with her as a lead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
is it just me or is that common? why do so many women hate scarjo? like i'm not going to assume it's pettiness b/c they're usually fine w/ other women that ppl all seem to put on their top ten list