Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Walrus
Jul 9, 2002

by Fluffdaddy
i cant loving believe the states is this far ahead of us in canada. trump and all. in the most populated city in the country and i have no idea when I'm getting one and neither does my immune suppressed sister that hasn't been able to leave her apartment for a year. stupid as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I got my first Pfizer today in downtown Detroit at Ford Field and the Air Force dude who stabbed me was real cool, Airman Burgess or some poo poo. I've also been helping coordinate with a friend at a clinic to get people in for cancellations/no-shows. Vaccines fuckin' own

The Bramble
Mar 16, 2004

My MIL is a nurse and won't get one because she says they make vaccines from aborted fetuses

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
Got the J&J vaccine a few weeks ago. Felt awful the next day, but after that everything was fine.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

The Walrus posted:

i cant loving believe the states is this far ahead of us in canada. trump and all. in the most populated city in the country and i have no idea when I'm getting one and neither does my immune suppressed sister that hasn't been able to leave her apartment for a year. stupid as gently caress.

Amazing what you can do when you have a competent administration

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

The Bramble posted:

My MIL is a nurse and won't get one because she says they make vaccines from aborted fetuses

that's the only reason i'm getting one

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

I had my first Pfizer two weeks ago and had joint pain and a headache for a few days. I get my second dose next Wednesday and I'm hoping to skip the side effects this time.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

The Bramble posted:

Going through this horse poo poo with my girlfriend's parents. Moderna and Pfizer vaccines are "too dangerous" and "use untested technology", but the J&J one is made out of pureed babies or whatever the gently caress people think. Who cares, if the vaccines don't kill you, the Covid will

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo
Got shot one of Pfizer then got COVOD the next day lol.

Get shot 2 this weekend

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Derpies posted:

Get shot 2 this weekend

You'll have a chance to smoke some meat!

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

Sweaty IT Nerd posted:

You'll have a chance to smoke some meat!

Hell yeah I managed to keep my taste so I'll enjoy it while the vacc response is worse than the COVID

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Derpies posted:

Hell yeah I managed to keep my taste so I'll enjoy it while the vacc response is worse than the COVID

Enjoy. I'll burn a steak in your honor.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Derpies posted:

Get shot 2 this weekend

I mean technically wouldn't you be COVID positive if you had the shot? I'm not sure how it works tbh

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I get my second modern shot on the 10th! Maybe this time they will put it in my arm and not the butt

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
After the weekend i'll be two weeks past my 2nd shot, excited to go do poo poo again

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

low key sex master posted:

I mean technically wouldn't you be COVID positive if you had the shot? I'm not sure how it works tbh

I had the real Roni for sure it loving sucked and I had maybe the "mildest" of symptoms possible.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Got my first dose back in early February and the second at the end of February. I'm pretty sure I got my invite so early because I'm still on the email lists for my old position in protective services but I wasn't gonna let that opportunity to slip by me.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Derpies posted:

I had the real Roni for sure it loving sucked and I had maybe the "mildest" of symptoms possible.

What's it like?

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

I LITERALLY SLEEP IN A RACING CAR. DO YOU?
p.s. ask me about my subscription mattress
Ultra Carp

Shinjobi posted:

Getting 2nd pfizer shot tomorrow

:hellyeah:

Spandex Bonerlord
Sep 30, 2014

My partner got their first moderna shot two days ago, and they've been dealing with excruciating arm pain ever since. I'm getting my first jab tomorrow. I'm hoping that I wont get "Covid Arm" as well, but If I do I'll just tough it out. A bit of arm pain will be worth it for the protection against the virus.

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel
I will say this after both shots:

I have had several viruses before (cold, flu virus, bad mystery chinese respiratory thing) and the 2nd shot especially did not feel like a virus to me it reminded me of nano bots, or nano chips.

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION

super sweet best pal posted:

Already had the original disease so I'm going to wait for the variant vaccines to roll out.

Get the vaccine you dork

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Spandex Bonerlord posted:

My partner got their first moderna shot two days ago, and they've been dealing with excruciating arm pain ever since. I'm getting my first jab tomorrow. I'm hoping that I wont get "Covid Arm" as well, but If I do I'll just tough it out. A bit of arm pain will be worth it for the protection against the virus.
It's the nano bot making its way through the arm veins, yeah it sucks but once it enters your brain the pain disappears so don't worry.

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

got mine awhile back since i'm a healthcare worker, the moderna vaccine

first shot i had a lot of arm pain but tbh the flu shot that year was worse for me, maybe a minor headache too?

second shot i actually had a pretty high fever that night, but tylenol did break the fever. my arm hurt for like a week though

definitely get it if you can

Heran Bago
Aug 18, 2006

They are loving it up bad in Germany.

One friend that's not in a priority group got the first shot due to a processing error. It's apparently common. They brought it up and it was recommend to just take it and be grateful. Meanwhile several old people and folks in risk groups still can't get an appointment.

I work in a government office and there is no chance of getting it anytime soon. No estimates.

Silver lining is that the major conservative party is shooting themselves in the foot. They're pissing off younger voters by perceived lenience of lockdowns, flip-flopping on policies, and the slow rollout. Their voter base of older folks are just dieing more than necessary.
The state leaders also have a surprising amount of decision making re: lockdowns, and are also loving it up. Saarland still plans to fully end lockdown after easter.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

Derpies posted:

Ugh that's rough as poo poo my goon hopefully you won't get it again!

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja
My elderly parents just went to get poked with the Pfizer brand, I'm ready to cook for them if they get incapacitated or whatever.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

a hot gujju bhabhi posted:

Get the vaccine you dork

I know someone who followed that "I already had it durr hurr dont need the vaccine!" logic who's currently curled up in bed with SpO2 levels below 95% and a fever of 100+. Relying on natural immunity is just a straight up bad idea.

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

Heran Bago posted:

They are loving it up bad in Germany.

One friend that's not in a priority group got the first shot due to a processing error. It's apparently common. They brought it up and it was recommend to just take it and be grateful. Meanwhile several old people and folks in risk groups still can't get an appointment.

My understanding is that statistically the prioritisation thing is a nice-to-have implementation detail used as a meaningless political macguffin that’s totally secondary to vaccination coverage velocity.

In short: if one can get the vaccine early, it is best if one takes it. This isn’t an organ donor list. The win state here is global herd immunity.

If it takes 3 hours that could be spent immunising to juggle paperwork around and review processes then that is 3 hours that could have been spent vaccinating. If there’s vaccine left in the bottle but no old to put it in standing right this second, it goes in the arm of anyone standing around. If the choice is it expiring waiting for the next batch of worthies or it making the community stronger by using it, it gets used.

That’s not to say people who bribe their way to a higher spot aren’t unethical scum. But if the system or a doctor offers you a shot, our duty as global citizens is to take it and move on, and keep the rollout rolling.

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

Got second pfizer shot last week in Virginia, with no side effects but sore shoulder from either poo poo. Every single person older than I am in my extended family is now fully vaccinated, and that's considering that my siblings and all of my cousins are older than I am.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

My wife and I both get our first shots on Monday.

My parents had their 2nd shot on Tuesday. Said they felt like they had the worst hangovers imaginable on Wednesday but feel way better today.

My in-laws think the vaccine is the mark of the beast and getting it dooms you to eternal hellfire.

deported to Canada
Jun 1, 2006

I got my first AstraZeneca jab last week. Didn't want to get any of the fancy Pfizer or J&J jabs, I'm not made of money. No sir just the cheapest vaccine you have please and a glass of plain room temperature water.

Felt like I had a bitch of a hangover the next day, would have loved to have a night out that gives you a head like that in the morning.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

I got my 5th shot today, I just keep showing up and they keep giving them to me. Soon I'll be shooting spike proteins out of my fingertips like a laser beam

Turbl
Nov 8, 2007

I got my first pfizer dose on Tuesday, second is scheduled on 4/20. I did have a very mild case of COVID awhile ago and the nurse said the first dose is usually tougher than the second if you’ve had it. If you haven’t it’s the other way around.

I haven’t had too bad of side effects though so we’ll see. Just sore arm and then the next day was super tired and lethargic and I’ve had a constant headache. Also more detailed, memorable dreams :tinfoil:

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

QuarkJets posted:

I got my 5th shot today, I just keep showing up and they keep giving them to me. Soon I'll be shooting spike proteins out of my fingertips like a laser beam

a vaccine elemental

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
AstraZeneca is the only one available to me. Can't really back up why, probably 'the media' but I would prefer the Pfizer one. A brain clot won't change much for me anyway.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

Another grumpy Canadian reporting in.

No vax for me yet :(

Plenty of sax though. I think someone hosed up this invoice.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

Been two weeks since my second hit, I feel like I can fight somebody right now

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

pro-tip: after you get the shot, move your shoulder around in circles, and the next day if you can take a hot shower. Really helps loosen up the muscles!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
Grandparents-in-law both got theirs. Grandma is a cancer survivor. Both have had their double doses are doing great!