Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the kengan association definitely needs to pull through with a posthumous victory this round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ham Cheeks posted:

Read it as Wu Tang clan tradition at first

same

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Akoya will win by successfully murdering Le Banner but using his cop expertise to present it as self defense situation where he had no other choice

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Apr 1, 2021

Suspicious Lump
Mar 11, 2004

Mary Annette posted:

Rooting so hard for Murdered Cop.
Same. I love a blood bath of a fight. But there's a theory the other dude le brenner is a cross between the Sen and MurderCop. So it's a good match up!

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Translations for 103 are up
So Nogi probably got tired of the constant counter picks and mirror matches. So both teams respond by sending out a mirror match of personalities

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Wondering if the gimmick here is that Nicolas basically played possum in Purgatory.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

Wondering if the gimmick here is that Nicolas basically played possum in Purgatory.

Could be Hatsumi Sen situation

Also
I enjoy everyone just making GBS threads all over Akoya

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
I like that there basically zero faith on the kengan side that Akoya's presence will work out for them.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Caidin posted:

I like that there basically zero faith on the kengan side that Akoya's presence will work out for them.
Well, he was in fact basically cheating in the big tournament- and now they're fighting under rules that guarantee a loss if he kills anyone, which is what he enjoys doing. He's a full on liability.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Police will never help you, only trust your fists, but it's Kengan Omega

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Caidin posted:

It's completely hilarious that the only reason they're sending him out now is so that when he inevitably fucks this up for them by either losing or turning Le Banner into a gore fountain, they still have a couple matches to react and pull out a win.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Akoya is great. :colbert: Every series like Kengen Omega needs at least one completely unlikable and irredeemable psycho and Akoya is basically perfect for that role. I can't wait to see how he fucks up this match due to his murder-boner.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Grim Reaper of Paris, me thinks he might have done a bunch of murdering himself. Ayoka might be in his element here if we have a murder-off.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh no, Setsuna doesn't know Ohma is alive. That's going to be a problem when Ohma's match comes up.

By the way I'm 99% certain the worm/tiger's vessel is Terashi at this point. Probably not an Agito clone if that's the case. And I'm guessing the final two matches will be Lolong and then Terashi.

Fabricated posted:

I think he just doesn't care to win if he's not in the mood. Or comedy option, his 9 losses were from killing his opponent.
EDIT: Actually wait he's said that he likes Kengan rules better right? Maybe he just doesn't fight well if it's not a deathmatch. In which case he got the best possible opponent.

RatHat fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 1, 2021

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.

Lt. Lizard posted:

Akoya is great. :colbert: Every series like Kengen Omega needs at least one completely unlikable and irredeemable psycho and Akoya is basically perfect for that role. I can't wait to see how he fucks up this match due to his murder-boner.

We already have Raian for that role

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's not just that akoya is an unrepentant serial killer, though he is. lots of kengan fighters are killers and most of them are cool dudes. the real problem is that he is a self-righteous rear end in a top hat.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

it's not just that akoya is an unrepentant serial killer, though he is. lots of kengan fighters are killers and most of them are cool dudes. the real problem is that he is a self-righteous rear end in a top hat.

Most of them don't actually enter their fights directly intending to murder their opponent from the word go. A few actual psychopaths like Masaki and Setsuna(provided you triggered his Ohma Boner in some way) absolutely do, and folks like Raian aren't really sweated about killing at all, but most of them would only do it by accident or as a last resort.

Hell, as an example, Muteba is an actual assassin/mercenary rather than a fighter and even he didn't actually go to the point of killing anyone who could be stopped in some other way.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Yeah this is a straight up deathmatch. Nicolas probably wants the Kengan Association to win so he can have more fun deathmatches so he'll be going for the kill and Akoya is Akoya. This one's gonna get real nasty and I'm hyped for it.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Really interest in the final 4 match ups since ohma is presumably going to fight the tiger vessel as opposed to donaire so you'd think wakatsuki would fight him. Would leave 2 people who grapple a lot Vs 2 presumably Kung Fu experts

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

he's trained in brazilian martial arts!!!

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
i cant believe akoya is about to get his rear end kicked by a twink for the second time in two years

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

frajaq posted:

he's trained in brazilian martial arts!!!

Ah, the deadly Havaianas attack

team overhead smash
Sep 2, 2006

Team-Forest-Tree-Dog:
Smashing your way into our hearts one skylight at a time

Jose posted:

Really interest in the final 4 match ups since ohma is presumably going to fight the tiger vessel as opposed to donaire so you'd think wakatsuki would fight him. Would leave 2 people who grapple a lot Vs 2 presumably Kung Fu experts

Who is left at this point on each side?

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lt. Lizard posted:

They already had Meguro in the first one! And his brain broke and him going murder hungry was a shame since he seemed to be happy training with people beforehand!

I might just be putting more sympathy on him than he deserves because he wasn't a cop.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

team overhead smash posted:

Who is left at this point on each side?

Ohma, Waka, Toki 2 aka author dude and Okubo. On purgatory we got Uh... Mask dude, bench guy and the other two.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Okuba I feel is doing the job, but it might be Waka,

If Ayoka wins than the Author is almost surely jobbing, if ayoka loses then I think Author guy gets a win in.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Caidin posted:

Ohma, Waka, Toki 2 aka author dude and Okubo. On purgatory we got Uh... Mask dude, bench guy and the other two.

This chapter also had a visual diagram of who's left

Catpetter1981
Apr 9, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
This all raises the question of "Since Akoya is widely known to be a nutso psycho killer, why did Kazzy pick him for a tournament where the rules are 'you lose the match if you kill your opponent'?"

Edit: And also why did Kazzy pick Raian

Catpetter1981 fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Apr 2, 2021

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Catpetter1981 posted:

This all raises the question of "Since Akoya is widely known to be a nutso psycho killer, why did Kazzy pick him for a tournament where the rules are 'you lose the match if you kill your opponent'?"

Weren’t those both political picks?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Catpetter1981 posted:

Akoya is easily low top-tier in the association as far as the Annihilation tournament was concerned and he got stronger over the timeskip. They don't really have a lot of of heavy hitters that weren't locked behind factional disputes (Saw) or other obligations (Seki, Haruo, Koizan, Sen) so bringing him became an unfortunate necessity.

Uncle Khasim
Dec 20, 2009

Okubo has suffered enough, I have the feeling Ohma will lose in some plot-relevant way.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

Catpetter1981 posted:

Kazzy's hands were tied with a lot of picks - several people he wanted were not available, and he was forced to include several picks as a nod to the political factions within Kengan. He absolutely wouldn't ordinarily go to Meltyface from Toyo for a fighter under normal circumstances, for example.

Raian was actually supposed to be one of the more reliable fighters, since he's both impossibly strong and he had also seemingly mellowed out due to his new friendship with Ohma. The appearance of Raian's assigned murder target and the Kures going rogue was completely unexpected.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Uncle Khasim posted:

Okubo has suffered enough, I have the feeling Ohma will lose in some plot-relevant way.

If Ohma's heart explodes again is that on him or his opponent?

Tosk
Feb 22, 2013

I am sorry. I have no vices for you to exploit.

At this point, even completely obvious story hooks seem totally up for grabs, so all the cues for Terashi being the TV might be played completely straight. I'm hoping one of the Chinese fighters turns out to be the TV and Terashi is a clone of Bando or something, though, otherwise I'm afraid Fei is going to be another jobber.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
The pre-fight hype is real

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Haha, immediately going to poison. Well I guess it couldn't happen to a nicer guy. Like the actual Kengan crowd just tensing the gently caress up.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
ha ha, even the audience hates him.

Lt. Lizard
Apr 28, 2013
Lol at Akoya just going "PURGE ALL EVIL :byodood:". He is making even Meguro look well-adjusted. Also betting that Nicolas Banner uses some kind of acupuncture bullshit instead of poison, because we already had that with the fake ninja.

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

In another reminder of how manga numbers are BS, I'd like to remind everyone that Nicolas is officially the same height as Ohma and a kilo heavier than Ryuki.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

golden bubble posted:

In another reminder of how manga numbers are BS, I'd like to remind everyone that Nicolas is officially the same height as Ohma and a kilo heavier than Ryuki.
They all seem to have similar physiques. No doubt manga numbers are BS, but I'm not sure what you mean in this case.