Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

I guess it's too much to hope that Spider-Man is both strong enough and competent enough that the sedative hasn't worked and he's playing possum to see where this all leads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
He keeps a small pocket of consciousness in his mask.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

I legitimately think "I didn't swallow and was faking" is going to be how this works out.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I feel like the psych lady is going to get cold feet when the goons reveal they're going to loving kill spider-man, and she'll somehow hold them off enough for the poison to wear off (at least three strips of him thinking "my strength is almost back...!") and that's how he'll save the day

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Johnny Walker posted:

Make sure you don't unmask him! That would be rude!

It'd just be like that scene in Justice League. "I have no idea who this is."

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Twelve by Pies posted:

It'd just be like that scene in Justice League. "I have no idea who this is."

The following is from Ultimate Spider-Man #10, I believe. It's their first meeting.

Admittedly, in early Ultimate Spider-Man, almost every major Spider-Rogue supervillain either sees him unmasked or learns his secret identity fairly quickly.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender

OptimusShr posted:

And when you adjust for inflation it's even more. $1000 back then would be over $3000 today.

What year is this from anyway?
1978 leading into January 1979.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

I mean, i'd probably go into the trap for a chance at that money. 1 or 3 grand.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Pretend I wasn't lazy and remade the above with the new pose of Spider-Man.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Mar 31, 2021

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Gotta wonder what about the Spider Hustle is supposed to be Spider-y and what makes it so good.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Was everybody just standing quietly in the disco staring a the stage hoping Spider-Man would show up?

That's the stuff :cheers:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

So the only thing the cops had to do when trying to catch Spidey was to put some money under a proverbial basket.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

ZepiaEltnamOberon posted:

Gotta wonder what about the Spider Hustle is supposed to be Spider-y and what makes it so good.

It's just going through the movements of The Itsy Bitsy Spider but with a lot more hip gyrating.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
as you can tell from that last panel, it invokes the power cosmic.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Just carrying this human-body-shaped rug, sir. Nothing to see here."

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
That sounds very Electric Company/Spidey Super Stories like.

What are you doing?
Where are you taking him?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

JUST. SHOOT. HIM.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
So this is two stories happening at the same time in this thread where a functioning spider sense would have kept Pete from trouble. Also a functioning brain?

OptimusShr
Mar 1, 2008
:dukedog:

Haifisch posted:

1978 leading into January 1979.

looking at the strips we are in January so $1000 in 1979 is $3,622.78 today.

Hell I would do it too.

farraday
Jan 10, 2007

Lower those eyebrows, young man. And the other one.

OptimusShr posted:

looking at the strips we are in January so $1000 in 1979 is $3,622.78 today.

Hell I would do it too.

Agreed. That's a full pandemic worth of cash

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
:master:

MorningMoon posted:

JUST. SHOOT. HIM.
But if they do it here, it'll get in the carpet! Think of the cleaning bill!

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This is all part of Spider-Man's master plan to take down the Kingpin's organization by using his own rules against him. First they're going to kill Spider-Man, and the doctor because she's a witness, then everyone in the room who saw the doctor murdered, and then finally Kingpin has to kill himself.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
now she's trying to figure out who this kingpin character is.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Lobok posted:

This is all part of Spider-Man's master plan to take down the Kingpin's organization by using his own rules against him. First they're going to kill Spider-Man, and the doctor because she's a witness, then everyone in the room who saw the doctor murdered, and then finally Kingpin has to kill himself.

"The Genghis Khan Burial Manoeuvre".

The Lobotomy Kid
Aug 27, 2011

and act like a nut.
Fisk could have skipped so many steps in this plan by slapping a $1000 prize on a human carpet contest.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I would say "good thing everyone in NSM's universe is as dumb as he is" but you know if I saw a couple of guys in suits carrying what was obviously a body in a carpet, I'd probably pretend I didn't see it too.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

What about Kingpin's old rule that he never harms women? Wait, sorry, "females".

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

evilmiera posted:

What about Kingpin's old rule that he never harms women? Wait, sorry, "females".

That's what henchmen are for.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

I was extremely confused about what was going on here until I realized the blonde woman in a pink suit in the first frame isn't the same person as the blonde woman in a pink suit in the second frame.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Twelve by Pies posted:

I would say "good thing everyone in NSM's universe is as dumb as he is" but you know if I saw a couple of guys in suits carrying what was obviously a body in a carpet, I'd probably pretend I didn't see it too.

Yeah, those citizens know exactly what is going on and they're not Peter enough to say it out loud.

Baron von der Loon
Feb 12, 2009

Awesome!

uPen posted:

I was extremely confused about what was going on here until I realized the blonde woman in a pink suit in the first frame isn't the same person as the blonde woman in a pink suit in the second frame.
It could still work with them being the same person. She is subtly asking for help, but the guy is just too dense to notice.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Taco Defender

"Weird, they lured me into a literal cage with the promise of $1000. What could be suspicious about this?"

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

evilmiera posted:

He's not going to harm her, he's just never going to leave her.

*Kingpin gets on one knee* Dr Lara, will you make me the happiest Kingpin in New York?

GokuGoesSSj69
Apr 15, 2017
Weak people spend 10 dollars to gift titles about world leaders they dislike. The strong spend 10 dollars to gift titles telling everyone to play Deus Ex again
Haha I'm not sure which is worse drinking a drugged drink that was drugged right in front of him or walking into a cage put there by people Peter already knew were bad news and extorting his friends.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God he walked right into the loving cage :lol:

How does this strip just keep landing hit after hit it's amazing.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

"Cage!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

I love how both these stories this week have been peak NSM. It's a beautiful thing.

Skin tones and hair color they can't keep consistent, but the stupid sunglasses on that one thug are exactly the same.