Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Hmm which internet meme should go here again?
Here I am, back with another bad priest list! Agro priest! Open to suggestions for this pile of trash.

### Custom Priest
# Class: Priest
# Format: Standard
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Draconic Studies
# 2x (1) Intrepid Initiate
# 1x (1) Reliquary of Souls
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Power Word: Feast
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 2x (2) Sneaky Delinquent
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 2x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 2x (3) Mor'shan Watch Post
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 2x (3) Shadowed Spirit
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Rally!
#
AAECAd35AwLOvgP76AMOk7oDm7oDr7oDp8sD3MwD3swD184DtNEDitQD4t4D+98D++MDoegD+egDAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elysium
Aug 21, 2003
It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.
I put watchtowers in my Yogg deck. This is the first game.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

I tried to make a N'Zoth/Saurfang deck. Seems like it can only win against do nothing decks like a reactive spell priest deck (Zero win con priest?). Sure, I could make multiple 20/20 taunt elementals, and other big boards, and it could beat out 3 soul mirrors. But against anything that's trying to win, it just folds. Needs serious work. It losses to Big demon DH that does nothing until turn 7 when the big demons come down.
Also tried a Stealth Poison rogue. Which worked well enough getting on the board fast enough and keeping the pressure up.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
They’re awful in constructed but holy poo poo are Caravans busted in arena. If they’re not immediately removed they snowball in value.

Also with the revamped Core set dragons in arena dragon discovery is really strong now. Priest mirrors usually just come down to who can get the most legendary dragons.

Beasteh
Feb 12, 2012

I'M QUESTIONING MY EXISTENCE AND THIS IDIOT JUST WANTS TO PEE OFF A WALL

It feels like control warlock is genuinely oppressive, it's pointless playing any slow warrior deck right now

C'thun spell mage is good but I also have a soft spot for press the button Mage so I flip between them on my climb

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I've been trying Hero Power Mage... wow this deck looks like it would be really cool if you could ever draw your Wildfires, or ever discover them.... yeah...

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

Beasteh posted:

It feels like control warlock is genuinely oppressive, it's pointless playing any slow warrior deck right now

C'thun spell mage is good but I also have a soft spot for press the button Mage so I flip between them on my climb

Warlock already had a couple really good finishers in the meta. They did not need jaraxxus as well.

Fenarisk
Oct 27, 2005

Okay after enough games I can safely say watch posts need to be nerfed hard. If an opponent gets 1 or 2 out on curve or with coin there's no coming back.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Quotey posted:

You have to collect all legendaries, including regular Brukan to get diamond Brukan. It's an achievement card.

Yeah but regular Brukan doesn't get a dust refund.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
The mini-set will introduce Termite Crab, 2 mana 2/3 Battlecry: Destroy a Watchpost and gain +2/+2

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Rastakhan can still get wrath of air totems, pay 2 win is real :tinfoil:

I havent had much luck with shaman murlocs, I sorta regret impulse crafting flurgl

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
mankirk's name is apaprently actually mankrik and im loving freaking out

Goons Are Gifts
Jan 1, 1970

I always liked wild rotation

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo

RatHat posted:

They’re awful in constructed but holy poo poo are Caravans busted in arena. If they’re not immediately removed they snowball in value.

Also with the revamped Core set dragons in arena dragon discovery is really strong now. Priest mirrors usually just come down to who can get the most legendary dragons.

I had new Alex in my first draft after the expansion and it's nuts. Haven't run into the others yet.

Caravans and watchtowers are both a huge pain in the rear end

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

I think I’ve found one of the most obnoxious aggro decks to ever hit Wild, from Reddit

### Custom Paladin
# Class: Paladin
# Format: Wild
#
# 1x (1) Blessing of Wisdom
# 2x (1) Conviction (Rank 1)
# 2x (1) Crystology
# 1x (1) Never Surrender!
# 2x (1) Oh My Yogg!
# 2x (1) Redemption
# 2x (1) Righteous Protector
# 2x (2) Crabrider
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Hand of A'dal
# 2x (2) Nerub'ar Weblord
# 2x (2) Shielded Minibot
# 2x (2) Sword of the Fallen
# 2x (3) Seal of Champions
# 2x (4) Blessing of Kings
# 2x (4) Call to Arms
#
AAEBAYsWAt0KjpoDDowBiA7qD50V+NIC2f4CysEDg94DkeQD9+gDzusD4+sDmp8EyaAEAA==
#
# To use this deck, copy it to your clipboard and create a new deck in Hearthstone

Definitely some flex spots ATM, but it can deal a fuckload of burst while also making it much harder for your opponent to counter.

bloom
Feb 25, 2017

by sebmojo
It's me I'm the guy ruining the arena by netdecking

See you in Gwent

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
I can't believe Hearthstone is finishing this year, why didn't anyone tell me earlier?!

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

It's not exactly ending, it's just going to be in a stalemate in alterac valley.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
I only played one game of Casual and used Prime Warlock and they conceded on turn 3 and then rage added me to yell at me for playing a good deck in Casual and I didn't have the heart to tell them that you can play Wild decks in Casual too and they were definitely going to encounter much worse things.

Kalko
Oct 9, 2004

TFW the math checks out :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RBu5ra_hzU

Killed four opponents with that combo in another 11-3 Mage run. Can't seem to crack 12 again, and my previous 5-6 runs all ended with around 2-3 wins. I've been focusing on Mage since the patch and trying out a bunch of new cards and builds and I don't think I've really worked it out yet, but then it's hard to tell when sometimes you get a streak of quest Rogues and then other times you get a few people testing off-meta stuff.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
I am having enormous fun with this Miracle Priest.
### Spells!
# Class: Priest
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (0) Raise Dead
# 2x (1) Draconic Studies
# 1x (1) Holy Smite
# 1x (1) Reliquary of Souls
# 2x (1) Renew
# 2x (2) Insight
# 2x (2) Sethekk Veilweaver
# 1x (2) Shadow Word: Death
# 2x (2) Thrive in the Shadows
# 2x (3) Apotheosis
# 1x (3) Gift of Luminance
# 2x (3) Hysteria
# 2x (3) Nazmani Bloodweaver
# 2x (3) Palm Reading
# 1x (4) Blademaster Samuro
# 2x (4) Rally!
# 1x (4) The Nameless One
# 1x (4) Xyrella
# 1x (7) Soul Mirror
#
AAECAaKrBAjIvgPOvgOnywOY3gP76APU7QOFnwTBnwQLk7oDm7oDr7oD3swD184D4t4D+98DyuED+OMD++MDrYoEAA==
#

Your goal is to use a mixture of Rally, Raise Deads and Insight-discounts to put 2+x Bloodweaver & 2x Veilweaver on the board. This opens up ridiculous turns of discounting everything and buffing your guys until you can smash face. The dragon spells and Reliquiary give you some alternate late game options and Xyrella, Soul Mirror & Blademaster help you control Aggro.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
So they clearly didn't test Reckless Apprentice with every hero power because some of them are just completely broken.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3_BQNKtUnk8

kaaj
Jun 23, 2013

don't stop, carry on.

Kalko posted:

Killed four opponents with that combo in another 11-3 Mage run. Can't seem to crack 12 again, and my previous 5-6 runs all ended with around 2-3 wins. I've been focusing on Mage since the patch and trying out a bunch of new cards and builds and I don't think I've really worked it out yet, but then it's hard to tell when sometimes you get a streak of quest Rogues and then other times you get a few people testing off-meta stuff.

I'd uninstall the game if this was played against me.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

RatHat posted:

So they clearly didn't test Reckless Apprentice with every hero power because some of them are just completely broken.

I think it's fun that if you manage to get a Reckless Apprentice off-class and get a more powerful hero power (or as Mage get an interesting off-class hero power) you can do some funky poo poo. That kind of random stuff is the fun kind as it's a one off moment rather than something you could ever plan for in a serious way.

This also relies on having an opponent conveniently build a board and not killing you as well.

Oenis
Mar 15, 2012
Are there any safe crafts yet? The legendaries I got seem underwhelming at first glance and I've got 4900 dust burning in my pocket that I want to spend on cool stuff.

So far I've got Kurtus Ashfallen (Multi-Shot on a stick, meh)
both hunter legs
both paladin legs
Neeru (the meme card himself and probably the worst of the set?)
Saurfang
Bru'kan
Mankrik and Vol'jin (I guess everyone has those, also add me to the list who always read it as Mankirk. Pretty sure this is another example of the Mandela effect, am I right?)

And I already crafted Kazakus because of poor impulse control. But he already showed potential, and I love unique effects and build-around me stuff. I'm mostly eyeing Mordresh Buttonmage and Kargal Watchpostman for this reason, but if they end up in meme or dumpster tier, I'll be unhappy that I didn't spend them on the cool cards from the last set.

I don't really enjoy playing overly aggressive/skill intensive decks (so rogue). In fact, I hate them and would like to be able to beat them.

Currently having fun with c'thun spell mage and Control Warlock because they doesn't require a lot of new cards.

Oenis fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Apr 1, 2021

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
The building archetype does seem the strongest at this time, making Kargal a pretty safe looking craft (especially as a neutral card). However if you want to be really safe you can never be 100% sure on day 2 of a new expansion.

MuLepton
Apr 1, 2011

It's kind of a long story.

RatHat posted:

The interaction with Emperor Wraps :psyboom:

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Desert Bus posted:

I only played one game of Casual and used Prime Warlock and they conceded on turn 3 and then rage added me to yell at me for playing a good deck in Casual and I didn't have the heart to tell them that you can play Wild decks in Casual too and they were definitely going to encounter much worse things.

Is the rage adding an region-specific thing? Or prevalent at a particular rank? I've been playing hearthstone daily for about 3 years and only had one rage add and it was ages ago. I avoid some of the most toxic decks but it sounds pretty common from the thread.

I did actually add someone the other week to apologise after my solarian cleared his lethal board, created and buffed a board for me and pyroblasted him in the face.

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Flayer posted:

The building archetype does seem the strongest at this time, making Kargal a pretty safe looking craft (especially as a neutral card). However if you want to be really safe you can never be 100% sure on day 2 of a new expansion.

Kargal is slightly unsafe, as early numbers are profiling it as a win-more card in certain classes (and worst of the 30 in others), and the meta is kinda shifting to attempt to end the game before Turn 8.

Kazakus is the easy call for safe-craft, but even still there are too many strong 4's in a lot of the classes. Only Paladin, Rogue, and Warlock are using this lack of 4's the best, followed by maybe DH and Shaman.

edit: actually a "safe craft" right now isn't even a craft, it's Mankrik unironically. Featured as playable in a wide range of decks and classes.

AnacondaHL fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Apr 1, 2021

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.
Well this is a fun deck.

### SPELLZ
# Class: Mage
# Format: Wild
#
# 2x (1) Ice Lance
# 2x (1) Magic Trick
# 2x (1) Primordial Studies
# 2x (1) Ray of Frost
# 2x (2) Conjure Mana Biscuit
# 2x (2) Frostbolt
# 2x (2) Incanter's Flow
# 2x (2) Mana Cyclone
# 2x (2) Research Project
# 2x (2) Sorcerer's Apprentice
# 2x (3) Arcane Intellect
# 2x (3) Flamewaker
# 2x (3) Ice Block
# 1x (3) Stargazer Luna
# 1x (4) Potion of Illusion
# 2x (4) Refreshing Spring Water
#
AAEBAf0EAu72AuXRAw6sAcABqwTmBJYF4xG0/AKfmwPimwP/nQPBuAPNzgOF5APR7AMA
#

Dunno about the cyclones, but they're fun.

Spring water is busted good.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

Desert Bus posted:

From what I understand if you play a standard deck in Casual you'll only face other standard decks, same with wild and maybe classic.

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

MuLepton posted:

The interaction with Emperor Wraps :psyboom:

I eagerly anticipate the trolden video where someone pulls off Grizzled Wizard on Uther then instantly 4 horsemans with the apprentice.

Oh, and the towers are all really, really good things to drop down as soon as possible and are definite snowballing cards.

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.
Found the greatest bug ever.

Forcing someone to fatigue kill themselves by using Hysteria on a Twilight Runner causes some weird infinite loop. The minion attacks, the draw occurs before the minion hits the other minion, and when the opponent is supposed to die for some reason the minion is triggered to attack again. Which draws again. Which causes the attack again. Eventually the game stops after 50-ish draws and you win, but man was it entertaining.

ptroll
Sep 8, 2011

Trueaim Crescent apparently allows minions that can't attack, like the watchposts, to attack, which is a cute way to get some more mileage out of 'em.

Meatbag Esq.
May 3, 2006

So if you make that new priest buff spell with deck of lunacy it gets stuck costing 5 mana instead of discounting for every spell in your hand.

fanny packrat
Mar 24, 2018
Is anyone else having trouble with old Ysera? I thought I could DE her for full dust, but whenever I look at her in my collection it shows the regular DE rate, and then throws a "collection error." This is happening on Android and PC.

Capped
Jun 21, 2005
Rush/Frenzy warrior seems really fun so far - I've been toying with a lot of cards and it actually seems tough to optimize. I'm currently trying eggs and teron gorefiend, but I've run a bunch of variants. Anyone else playing around with this and have ideas? Here's my list

code:
### rushFrenzy
# Class: Warrior
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Animated Broomstick
# 2x (1) Athletic Studies
# 2x (1) Stage Dive
# 2x (2) Minefield
# 2x (2) Nerubian Egg
# 1x (3) Mankrik
# 2x (3) Playmaker
# 1x (3) Rokara
# 1x (3) Teron Gorefiend
# 1x (4) Kargath Bladefist
# 2x (4) Outrider's Axe
# 1x (4) Sword Eater
# 1x (4) Whirling Combatant
# 2x (5) Cutting Class
# 1x (5) Doctor Krastinov
# 1x (5) Razormane Raider
# 2x (5) Stonemaul Anchorman
# 2x (6) Taurajo Brave
# 1x (7) Overlord Saurfang
# 1x (8) Grommash Hellscream
# 
AAECAQcKvrkD1LoDqtIDtd4D7ekDle0Dlu0Dqu4D5/ADi6AECuLMA5XNA93NA/fUA7beA8HeA9boA47tA9XxA9GgBAA=
# 

fanny packrat posted:

Is anyone else having trouble with old Ysera? I thought I could DE her for full dust, but whenever I look at her in my collection it shows the regular DE rate, and then throws a "collection error." This is happening on Android and PC.

I dusted Ysera successfully for full dust refund a few days back on PC, so no

Gobbeldygook
May 13, 2009
Hates Native American people and tries to justify their genocides.

Put this racist on ignore immediately!

AnacondaHL posted:

Kargal is slightly unsafe, as early numbers are profiling it as a win-more card in certain classes (and worst of the 30 in others), and the meta is kinda shifting to attempt to end the game before Turn 8.

Kazakus is the easy call for safe-craft, but even still there are too many strong 4's in a lot of the classes. Only Paladin, Rogue, and Warlock are using this lack of 4's the best, followed by maybe DH and Shaman.

edit: actually a "safe craft" right now isn't even a craft, it's Mankrik unironically. Featured as playable in a wide range of decks and classes.
I got a few wins from grinding people out with shadowstepped kargal's, but he definitely feels like the worst card in Watch Post Rogue.

Devo
Jul 9, 2001

:siren:Caught Cubs Posting:siren:
Here's a half hour of Dane dunking on people with Celestial Alignment
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBunOjt5BGQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Combo spellkrush hunter is pretty fun when you play mages that don't do anything

### Spellkrush
# Class: Hunter
# Year of the Gryphon
#
# 2x (1) Arcane Shot
# 1x (1) Overwhelm
# 2x (1) Pen Flinger
# 1x (1) Sphere of Sapience
# 2x (1) Tracking
# 1x (1) Trueaim Crescent
# 1x (1) Wound Prey
# 1x (2) Bloodmage Thalnos
# 1x (2) Bola Shot
# 2x (2) Far Watch Post
# 2x (2) Quick Shot
# 2x (2) Selective Breeder
# 2x (3) Deadly Shot
# 1x (3) Pack Kodo
# 1x (3) Professor Slate
# 1x (3) Venomous Scorpid
# 1x (4) Piercing Shot
# 1x (4) Rinling's Rifle
# 2x (4) Warsong Wrangler
# 1x (5) Barak Kodobane
# 1x (8) Beastmaster Leoroxx
# 1x (9) King Krush
#
AAECAR8OtrsDj84D4c4DudAD5NQDj+MDjeQDlugDnuoD3OoD2+0D5e8D4Z8El6AECJ/NA/foA+rpA/DsA6mfBKqfBOWfBLugBAA=
#