Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
presumably Lettie just told the police what she knows about a missing persons case, so it's time to drag the people who last saw the person alive into a room to make a Statement

ronya fucked around with this message at 09:35 on Mar 29, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Nice aviators, dork.

Neophyte
Apr 23, 2006

perennially
Taco Defender
illegally adorb

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

arrested for gay crimes and sentenced to thousand years of gay baby jail

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

rannum posted:

arrested for gay crimes and sentenced to thousand years of gay baby jail

Let this be a lesson to you not to be gay and do crimes

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Cheese it HP, the fuzz finally found out about the permanent marker!

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

A new page, and an old face!

For those who don't remember, Mingxing was Kokoro's mum's teammate, the one who first found her body.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Tenebrais posted:

A new page, and an old face!

For those who don't remember, Mingxing was Kokoro's mum's teammate, the one who first found her body.
Guess this is how Kokoro is going to avoid some hard time.
It could just be the shadow but it looks to me like she has one of those metal bases for a prosthetic hand for her right hand

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Looks like, unsurprisingly, the girl on Cassidy's team who was initially most blasé about her not showing up to patrol with them is taking it the hardest.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Brought To You By posted:

Guess this is how Kokoro is going to avoid some hard time.
It could just be the shadow but it looks to me like she has one of those metal bases for a prosthetic hand for her right hand
considering what happened to her arm, it's definitely a prosthetic https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-10-page-31

considering steffi has a cool robo leg prosthetic i assume mingxing has an equally cool robo arm

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

rannum posted:

considering what happened to her arm, it's definitely a prosthetic https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-10-page-31

considering steffi has a cool robo leg prosthetic i assume mingxing has an equally cool robo arm

Oh snap, I never parsed that was an attack I figured it was a perspective shot. But in hindsight that doesn't make sense.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

rannum posted:

Welp, add Sleepless Domain to the list of webcomics where if I read an old page, I'm going to spend hours reading the rest of them up to the current one.

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!
I never realised until now that retired magical girls lose the hair colour. I wonder if it changes overnight or if it starts growing as its natural colour once you lose your powers and you end up looking like you've had a bad dye job.

Sillipenda
May 22, 2007
I imagine it is similar to Tessa losing her powers. The magic give your hair and speech color. When it's gone, the affects drop too.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
I wonder how power loss happens normally. Maybe they wake up one day and their hair is back to normal?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

rannum posted:

Okay, so, question. Did they ever explain how baby Kokoro survived the attack? Because it clearly broke in with targeted lethal intent towards someone, given the lack of surrounding damage.

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
I always read it as her mom's dead body was holding the door of the cabinet she hid Kokoro in shut. But there's no actual indication she was in the cabinet, so maybe since the monster was sitting on the ground it couldn't see her in the crib?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Given how many unanswered questions there are around that whole thing, including how Goopy knows about it, I think there's definitely more to the story.

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

The cabinet was toppled to block the closet door, right? Wasn't baby Kokoro hidden safe in the closet?

GodFish
Oct 10, 2012

We're your first, last, and only line of defense. We live in secret. We exist in shadow.

And we dress in black.
Ah, you're right, thats what I was thinking of.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

As far as I can see, Mitsuki hid Kokoro in the closet, then toppled the cabinet in front of it, then blocked the closet physically with her body, such that the ice monster froze it further closed when it killed her.

Then, either being unable to get to Kokoro or for some reason not wanting to, the monster sat and waited until Mingxing turned up.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

PMush Perfect posted:

Welp, add Sleepless Domain to the list of webcomics where if I read an old page, I'm going to spend hours reading the rest of them up to the current one.

The entire mitsuki backstory sequence is probably one of my favorites in the whole comic. It just really sticks with me.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Brought To You By posted:

Oh snap, I never parsed that was an attack I figured it was a perspective shot. But in hindsight that doesn't make sense.

I never noticed the frost and thought it was a shot to show her just before she sublimates the ice monster.

Actually, it could be both, given the situation.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
It's nice that people are careful, but I don't think you need to use spoilers (except maybe in posts that link a new page, so people have time to read it before seeing the comments).

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Tenebrais posted:

As far as I can see, Mitsuki hid Kokoro in the closet, then toppled the cabinet in front of it, then blocked the closet physically with her body, such that the ice monster froze it further closed when it killed her.

Then, either being unable to get to Kokoro or for some reason not wanting to, the monster sat and waited until Mingxing turned up.
Oh, yeah. That makes sense. I'd just parsed the room as completely trashed, but now that you mention it, I can't find any way to contradict that interpretation.

I still strongly suspect that the attack was targeted and there's more to the story, it'd be too convenient of a coincidence otherwise, but at least that part makes sense.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I always thought it was implied that no one knew why Kokoro was spared and everyone thought the monster's behavior was strange.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Cup Runneth Over posted:

I always thought it was implied that no one knew why Kokoro was spared and everyone thought the monster's behavior was strange.

The thing is it's so far the only monster we've seen actually get into a house, so we don't know how they normally behave to know if they're different. (There was the one that attacked Zoe's cousins but while it broke open a wall it couldn't squeeze itself inside through the hole)

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Your aunt is adorable HP please be nicer to her

No but really I get it. Not the best circumstances. :negative:

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

https://www.sleeplessdomain.com/comic/chapter-17-page-20

turning the chair around to have a serious talk about Potential Murder

ronya
Nov 8, 2010

I'm the normal one.

You hate ridden fucks will regret your words when you eventually grow up.

Peace.
They don't know or even think that it is murder, do they? Cassidy is just officially missing. She vanished on a night which was known to be particularly rough. Her powers are registered so it would be known that she wouldn't leave a body if she got ambushed with her power up.

On the balance of evidence one would just assume she got killed in action (which is true, in any case). So now it's time to drag all her immediate peers to the counselor's office to break the official news gently and assure them that it isn't their fault even if they might feel it is.

It's still in a professional context (of "you're her immediate serving colleagues and peers, so you deserve to be notified privately so that you can process your grief before we announce it") and presumably the gentle probing of "so uh you saw her alive last, did she say anything that might have indicated her plans or at least the direction she was heading in" will come later, but it doesn't look suspicious presently...

ronya fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Apr 4, 2021

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

ronya posted:

Her powers are registered so it would be known that she wouldn't leave a body if she got ambushed with her power up.
Is it though? They'd probably infer it was a possibility, but all they know for sure is if one magic body takes enough damage her physical body pops back in and replaces the other, they don't know what happens to actual Cass if both bodies get got. In their shoes I wouldn't want to commit to anything beyond 'missing'.

(The conspiracy theorist in me argues that the readers don't know for sure what happened to her either)

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Yeah, given everything we know I don't think the suits have much reason to suspect foul play given that pretty much everyone has an alibi. The only unusual thing is that there is no corpse, but not outside of possibility.

Now, I would be interested if the topic of Goops comes up, and how they would respond to that. See exactly how much they know, if they know anything.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Considering that there was a monster that tried to eat HP alive, I don’t think that even the lack of a body is especially surprising.

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Considering that there was a monster that tried to eat HP alive, I don’t think that even the lack of a body is especially surprising.

That might still leave some remains, however hard to identify. I don't think monsters have a digestive system.

Still, as Ronya said, with Cassidy's powers it's an easy inference that it might be possible for her to die without leaving a body, and she's probably not the only one like that out there. If anything else I reckon the CDD just want to cover any possibilities that she might be in hiding or anything.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
That is a much nicer prosthetic arm than I imagined.

afatwhiteloaf
Oct 19, 2012
Congrats on ratting on your girlfriend to the cops, HP.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

This is why you don't talk to cops.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

And so the relationship comes to a crashing end.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.
That Rainbow Poster's text seems pretty ominous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

maltesh posted:

That Rainbow Poster's text seems pretty ominous.

This was on twitter: