Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Who could have known Talk To Transformer does pitch-perfect mythical prose

edit: let me fix this bad page snype with some answers to a burning question presented in the Pro Wrestling Questions thread

quote:

What is the perfect pro wrestling match?

The wrestling fans of the world are going to debate this for the next decade, but I tend to think that what makes a good match depends on the pro wrestling fan.

Any form of entertainment can be better if it is enjoyed and that same concept applies to pro wrestling. The fan will always look for a product they know they will enjoy. It is not a be-all end-all when it comes to the entertainment, but it is a great start.

So, let’s put it all together, a match must appeal to the pro wrestling fan.

I mostly got only extremely sensible stuff, as surprising as that might be. However,

quote:

What is the perfect pro wrestling match?

I think all the matches that are done in WWE or in the WWE are very good matches. WWE has been doing it for a long time so I think that's what is important. However, if you have the perfect match then it doesn't make any sense. Perfect is not realistic.

To conclude, would you say WWE is ahead of everyone in developing new talents or are the other promotions where talents should be developed.

I would say everybody is developing talents but WWE are doing it better than everybody else.

You don't

source you are quotes, in the bad wrestling opinions thread

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Big Boss Man said "Hey Paul Wight! You're a nasty bastard and your momma just said so!"

Paul Wight retorted "Momma said she's still running through the mall like the Hulk, Hulk punch! Hammer to the grind! UGH!"

Big Boss Man laughed, turned around and waved at a limo in the front of the shopping center. "What's going on here? 'Cause these 'special' guys are sitting here snoring away while a party was in full swing back at the estate!"

Paul Wight opened his eyes wide and exclaimed "THE gently caress ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!"

"Well we figured if you could pull it off, so can we. And don't think for a second that you'd be able to kill a spider the size of a medium dog. They are faster than the average human and can almost close the gap."

:stare:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Having more fun with 90s Meltzer quotes from twitter

quote:

Live Wire also introduced a new character Vic Venum (Vince Russo), who is basically doing a Mark Madden "I'm a real journalist" gimmick. He's on live TV. He wants to know how much and who Kelly's husband is.

VENUM: I see she has a man by the name of Van Dam.
ROWAN: He's not her husband. He's her boyfriend. But thank you for calling. What's your name, son?
VENUM: Vince Russo.
ROWAN: Thank you for calling Vince Russo.
VENUM: I think people should be focusing on the loving Cubs.

What's next? A Cole / Kelly WWE wedding special? Wedded Bliss? A WCW-MSG rivalry that turns into a Punk/Roode feud? Gedo thinks it will be good for the

quote:

Yoshihiro Tajiri quit Big Japan over money and will apparently return to Mexico.

He came back to Japan.

Kim Jong-Il ordered his fat to drink and balloon made him be airlifted to Pyongyang.

But as he was airlifted, the balloons exploded and caused his lung problem to explode.

Lionel Messi had his shoes stolen by his son during a football match.

French authorities found the thieves out, but the French midfielder N'Golo Kanté had disappeared.

Leo has been silent for a while now.

Kanye West made Kim Kardashian choose between him and Beyoncé.

Kim chose Beyoncé.

Amputee

quote:

Halloween (WCW former Ciclope) beat Super Parka in a hair vs. hair match. The deal is, both of these guys are masked men. In the early days of WCW, if you were a wrestler and you went by an unmasked man, they'd give you a stipulation of having to wrestle a guy under a mask with an unmasked man who's a known worker. I think Super Parka was one of those. He wasn't using his face then. And Halloween said no way was Super Parka going to be able to do that. Super Parka just went up there and started beating on the mask, not allowing Halloween to even get in the ring. [Super Parka] was able to bust the mask apart and I went for a heat-seeking missile. You can't stop the [King Kong Bundy] Machine with a [two-hand handshake].

quote:

WCW had Bischoff attempt to do a segment called NWO Late Night, with a Tonight show type set with a band. They also had Lanny Poffo create a wrestling character called The Black Prince for the show. To set up the segment, Kevin Sullivan captured John Tenta, John Kronus, and Killer Khan in an unrelated event in the Caribbean and brought them back to WCW. At The Great American Bash Bash, Bischoff introduced the NWO to WCW television with an angle where he made the four Horsemen face the NWO in a 4-on-4 Survivor Series-type match. Bischoff then announced a 4-on-4 Traditional Elimination match between Team Bischoff (Jeff Jarrett, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Sean Waltman) and Team Hogan (Randy Savage, Curt Hennig, Lex Luger, and Sting) for the WWF Championship at SummerSlam.

Just before the match, Bischoff's men failed to regain the WWF Championship from Savage, who retained after Nash shoved Savage off the top rope onto Hall, Waltman, and Nash, giving him the pin.

At SummerSlam, The Rock defeated HBK to retain the WWF Championship and win the 1993 King of the Ring tournament.

Gotta say the idea of Nash shoving Savage off the top rope onto himself and two others is an impressive feat of agility I'm not sure he could pull off :v:

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

quote:

Triple H (HHH): The Game, The Cerebral Assassin, The King of Kings, The Connecticut Blueblood, The Asskicker, The Creator And The Destroyer, The Architect, The Cerebral Assassin.

That’s what I will call you when you haven’t been listening. Just kidding.

Chris Jericho (Y2J): I don’t have a nickname. Maybe The Boy.

John Cena (JC): The Face That Runs The Place.

Mike Adamle (MMA Junkie): Tough Guy.

Kofi Kingston (Kingston): My real name is actually Nick Kofi Kingston, and I don’t have a nickname because…I don’t have any gimmicks. I’m one of the guys that’s probably got the most looks, personality, to draw fans. But it’s really how

Nick Kofi Kingston

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Chris "The Boy" Jericho, the most unexpected of his many character evolutions.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Jerusalem posted:

But in the current cursed age, Tanahashi is forbidden from toweling himself off and handing the towel back to them as they sob in gratitude. Dark times ahead friend. Maybe no towels, maybe no sweat. But he shall return, The Ace and the Sobbing Ladies are one soul.

This produced a number of interesting results. Here's a selection of them (all with the same prompt above):

quote:

Please pray for them.

– Superhuman Samurai Sycho Death Match: Kazuchika Okada vs. Minoru Suzuki

Predictions: You can predict Kazuchika Okada all you want. There is no more Predictable Okada than the guy on the cover of this website. The man does what he wants when he wants, and right now he wants to squeeze the life out of Minoru Suzuki. The Suzuki Clan is full of good guys. Minoru is my favorite. He takes chances and then tackles him. The legendary "Suzuki Lock," the Five Star Frog Splash

The Suzuki Clan IS full of good guys :hai:

quote:

[UPDATE: YOSHI-HASHI killed Hiroshi Tanahashi to send a message to Okada.]

:yoshihashi: :stare:

quote:

Just look at those empty hands. Could he have the power to conjure some more towels somehow? Is that some sort of mental telepathy of his? Is there an extra towel that he just pops into his glove as a sudden idea strikes him?

I should have known.

Beneath the towel lies…

the suspense

quote:

We are one in spirit. No matter what. We will love you always. For life. I love you Hiroshi Tanahashi.

quote:

He will return.

:japan:

And finally

quote:

That seems to be enough right now. I’ll leave you with some…

Advertisements

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 29, 2021

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

a cyborg mug posted:

"That seems to be enough right now. I’ll leave you with some…

Advertisements"

Always get your poo poo in brother.

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
:h: GO ACE! :h:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

a cyborg mug posted:

I love you Hiroshi Tanahashi.

I'm pretty sure the Transformer just qualified as having a soul and being alive :shobon:

Roman Reigns
Aug 23, 2007

I want to see Minoru Suzuki do a frog splash.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

Hey Hey Hop Hop was an unexpected hit for WWE and it quickly eclipsed Monday night Raw in demographic popularity. But things took a turn for the worse when Bad Bunny went into business for himself live on stage at wrestlemania! "You are just going to have to excuse the two of us, we are just hungry from eating too many nachos, I think we are going to hit it hard tonight," he told the WWE fans and a distraught crowd. That incident really opened up the floodgates, the following weeks of Raw saw house shows full of fans just hanging outside their TVs instead of coming into the arena to watch Raw.

Bad Bunny being flown to Dubai

The Big Boss took notice of the troubles and paid a surprise visit to the WWE star as his guest

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I would also rather hang outside my TV than watch Raw.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

Cody Rhodes said he would never hurt QT Marshall. He said he loved QT Marshall, and that QT Marshall was the biggest apple in AEW. QT smiled and wiped Dustin Rhode's blood onto the shirt of his new ally.

Finally, all four men in the ring stood face to face. They had a stare down. All of a sudden, everyone but Manik hit the floor. He was throwing down punches and not fighting back at all. The WWE guys were stunned.

Manik smiled, held his hands up and stood up. He hugged the injured Chad Gable. Everyone in the ring was on their feet in awe of Manik. This man had somehow saved everybody in the ring.

As he stood in the center of the ring, the injured Goldust yelled "he's the new Primus!"

Man

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Transformer made a real hard heel turn

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
TJPrimus

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
My Name is Manik

(farty bass sounds)

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Has.... has the Transformer actually been TJP all along....? :ohdear:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Yeah there's been a disturbing amount of Transformer-related TJP shenanigans recently

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

quote:

Transformer... have you actually been TJ Perkins all along? Are you Manik, Transformer? Tell the truth. Are you Suicide, TJP? No. YOU are none of these! You are none of these! You are the man! Have you been by my side all along? Yes. Have you been living on a Prayer? Yes. Did you bring light to all I have hurt? Yes. Are you My Right Hand? Yes. For that, I am all that you have. Yes. TJ Perkins has been an NXT and 205 Live favorite for quite some time. In an era where many stars have come and gone, Perkins has been there for NXT, he was featured on both Smackdown and 205 Live, and he even competed in the Greatest Royal

:tinfoil:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Vince starts prototyping the first form of NXT in the late 90s

quote:

Vince McMahon then pulled out a garbage can, put it on his desk, and ordered Drozdov to demonstrate his "talent."

Upon Drozdov's arrival to McMahon's office, he watched while McMahon ordered him to grab the garbage can and run with it to the entranceway.

In shock, Drozdov asked what the hell was going on.

"He only said get him to do this," Drozdov recalls McMahon saying, "He knows I've got your back."

Drozdov then sprinted across the building, climbed a catwalk, and wrestled back down to the floor of the Impact Zone.

From there, he made his way back to the ring and unleashed a series of VHS tapes on

The Who Ran over Austin saga goes full TNT/TNN Drama

quote:

Some of the leading suspects when it comes to who ran over Austin are--
1) Steve McMichael
2) Rena Mero--they did say the driver had blond hair
3) Carmen Electra.

4) Beyonce, she has been spotted here plenty of times.

"Listen we have a possible hit on the Cruz family which may be responsible.

This is also the family in Cali."

Detective Hammond

"The Cruz family who run of a gun shop?

Here?

That sounds like a bloodbath."

Dr. Conrad

"Exactly.

Somehow the Cruz family were tied to the Mafioso but the hit squad is missing one important person.

I believe it to be...

Carmen Electra."

David popped up from his desk.

"Looks like the FBI is onto us.

What

Angry_Ed fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Apr 2, 2021

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

Vince: gently caress it, I want to break up The Hurt Business. Lashley/MVP: Listen Vince that's bad here are reasons why. Vince: Well poo poo, now I really want to break up The Hurt Business!

Lashley/TJ: I want to dump the MVP.

Vince: Good here are reasons why.

MVP: Listen gently caress off, I don't want to break up MVP.

Lashley/TJ: I don't want to dump The MVP either, but I do want to break up The Hurt Business.

Vince: I feel the same way. I want to dump MVP too.

MVP/Lashley: I don't want to dump The MVP!

Vince: gently caress that's bad.

MVP/Lashley: Listen gently caress off, I don't want to break up MVP either.

Vince: Well poo poo, now I really want to break up The Hurt Business! Hurt Business is the

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
TJP would be better as a Hurt Business member than King Corbin, I can tell you that.

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

"I'm picturing it now. Ozzy does the music. William Shatner beams in to graciously accept his hall of fame induction using the most modern CGI. John Bradshaw Leyfield says he isn't sorry for sexually assaulting all of those people. We give a warrior award to a guy we call 'The Fixer'" - Vince McMahon, as per his podcast

"I've spent hours considering which bowl of chicken wings will rip the most muscles off the already ripped abs of myself. I've texted family, friends, co-workers and doctors for tips on my ideal birth date. I've called around to get an idea of the most stylish leggings I should wear for my maternity photos and have emailed a few companies to see what kind of maternity clothes I should purchase. I've even asked my doctor whether or not I can lift heavy objects for the first

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮

quote:

After winning the AEW World Championship from Kenny Omega, Rich Swann called out Pentagon Jr. to a Lumberjack Match, which was accepted.

Rich Swann Lumberjack Match

In the opening moments of the match, Swann used a chair on Pentagon Jr., before the match even started.

The two wrestlers continued to go at it, with both guys attempting various weapons and submissions. However, it was Swann who finally landed a beautiful shooting star press, which resulted in the Big Ish Corporation title changing hands to Swann.

Swann's title win was the main event of the show.

Not gonna lie, Transformer knows how to book.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Transformer booked a two out of three falls match...

Kenny Omega kicked out of the kamegoye as Ibushi looked stunned. Red shoes held up two fingers and shook his head. The Tokyo Dome crowd roared in surprise. Omega finally kicked out, but Ibushi took his leg out with a sharp kick and picked up the win. The crowd exploded as Ibushi celebrated in the ring. Kenny Omega came back in, kicking out of one corner attack and countered the second. Omega went for another block, but Ibushi caught him in a surprise high cross. The pin was made and Omega rolled outside. Omega hit a back fist off the post, followed by a missile dropkick. Omega went up top, but Ibushi caught him and hit the kamegoye. Ibushi rolled

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Pinche Rudo posted:

Transformer booked a two out of three falls match...

And had Ibushi win the first two falls! :lol:

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008
Transformer took this way more calmly than I did.

quote:

WHAT KIND OF BLACK GOO WAS LEAKING INTO ALEXA BLISS' EYES? The couple believe there was 'dirty, black water' in Alexa Bliss' eyes for the night, possibly made up of coffee and espresso. The cosmetologist claimed she saw the 'water' in her eyes at 1:30am, before going to bed at 2am. Her 'expert' husband, Curt Hawkins, believes the nasty liquid is tea and the exact sort that he drinks himself every day. Curt and Alexa go on the Raw Talk podcast on Monday and she made this startling revelation. She said: 'It was not coffee. It was not tea. It was water

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

quote:

The first clone of Triple H said 'You're gonna have to face ME. In a sixty minute iron man match.'

To which the second responded 'Not before you face ME in a cage match'

To which the third Triple H clenched his fist and said 'You're both gonna have to fight ME in a contract on a pole match'

Stunned, the second Triple H screamed 'And so it is!'

Sensing that something was not quite right, all three Triple H held hands and swirled around in a circle until they became one Triple H. Then the Triple H shook his head, cracked his knuckles, and said 'I hate you all'.

Since then, no Triple H has reappeared on WWE television, and the Triple H character has since been retired.

Often misspelled [ edit ]

Despite often being written in the names of the actors, the character is not a real

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Finally, the LORE OF THE H has been compromised to a satisfying and permanent conclusion.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Nobody outrules the Marquise de Cat!
So, I now have access to the private beta of GPT-3, which should work better than TTT. Of course, that may make it more boring, too. I hope reignofevil doesn't mind me stealing a prompt for comparison.

quote:

WHAT KIND OF BLACK GOO WAS LEAKING INTO ALEXA BLISS' EYES?

It's safe to say that no one from NXT will miss Emma with all the crap that happened to her during her career there. After an awesome debut, Miss Bliss was put back into her Emma persona with a stupid accent and a stupid gimmick. Instead of letting her do something different or try to make her own character, the WWE kept her as a comedy character.

The story here was that Miss Bliss was a spy for the WWE, spying on the women's division and telling the WWE what they were doing wrong. They even had a "mole" in the process, but it was just another wrestler pretending to be a mole. After being beaten by Bayley, though, Emma decided she was going to leave. She was then seen with a black eye, which is the same black eye she had at NXT Takeover: Rival.

The WWE tried to keep the black eye a secret and even made a joke about it with her saying "I can't see a thing" and then rolling her eyes. That would be funny if it was a joke, but that is not the case. It was a serious injury that happened at a live event when she got kicked in the eye. It wasn't even an issue until the WWE decided to bring it up.

OK, maybe it's still pretty funny.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Yeah that final line is kind of incredible. That new Transformer has contempt for WWE, which Alan Turing postulated as one of the key requirements for a machine to be considered alive.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

GPT-3 also has an "instruct" model which lets you ask it to do something directly in plain language. Like so:

quote:

Explain why the WWE sucks.

well, Vince McMahon is a greedy bastard, and he will not make it better. And he's made it so every wrestler has to be a "bad guy" so they can get booed. And that really sucks.

I should just let GPT-3 write my posts

reignofevil
Nov 7, 2008

El Generico posted:

GPT-3 also has an "instruct" model which lets you ask it to do something directly in plain language. Like so:

I should just let GPT-3 write my posts

poo poo I'm already obsolete.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my God, we're living in hard times, daddy :stare:

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

quote:

Write an 80's WWF interview segment for television.

Interviewer: "Holy poo poo, what a match! I can't believe that guy won!"

Interviewee: "I know, right? This is a match of destiny!"

Interviewer: "I thought you were going to win, what happened?"

Interviewee: "I can't win against him, this is his destiny!"

Interviewer: "I'm not so sure about that. I think you're the better wrestler."

Interviewee: "No, I'm not. I'm just better than him."

I'm gonna be real sad when I run out of the free credits on this.

EDIT:

quote:

Create a new edgy wrestling character that would fit in well with the Attitude Era of the WWF of the late 90's and early 2000's.

The Rock-N-Rolla

Everyone in the back is sick of hearing Rebel Yell, so they call on The Rock-N-Rolla to deal with him. He has a striking resemblance to The Rock, but he has a Mohawk. The Rock-N-Rolla is a huge fan of rock music and he takes his name from the song by The Clash. The Rock-N-Rolla is a charismatic and unpredictable heel who wrestles tough and has a knack for causing a scene. He has a punk rock mentality and a criminal past. He's a real bad dude with a heart of gold.

I kinda want to keep putting this one in and make a TEW 2020 database with all the results.

quote:

The Phoenix

A mysterious masked man from the dark side of the moon, The Phoenix is a former NASA astronaut who was sent to the moon to find a new home for humanity after earth was destroyed. He was lost and forgotten on the moon for generations, until he was discovered by a group of scientists from the new human colony. He is now a professional wrestler, and seeks to bring the power of the moon back to Earth, so the moon will once again be a place for humans.

quote:

"The Guy Who Just Got Out of Prison"

Punk, tattooed and inked, The Guy Who Just Got Out of Prison is a little more rough around the edges than your typical professional wrestler. He's a man of few words, but he backs up his tough demeanor with a hard-hitting offense that features lots of power moves and stiff shots.

This one made me laugh out loud. I'm sorry if this is too much.

El Generico fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Apr 15, 2021

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

El Generico posted:

I kinda want to keep putting this one in and make a TEW 2020 database with all the results.

This one made me laugh out loud. I'm sorry if this is too much.

Those gimmicks are amazing.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Nailz, as described from a 3rd grader's book report.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Edward Mass posted:

Nailz, as described from a 3rd grader's book report.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Edward Mass posted:

Crush, as described from a 3rd grader's book report.

Fixed it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Another Attitude Era one:

quote:

Slimy Rotten

Slimy Rotten is a slimy, rotten, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting, disgusting wrestling character.

And then I tried this:

quote:

Create a modern wrestling character that would fit in with the rosters of All Elite Wrestling or New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Abigail

Abigail is a tough, no-nonsense wrestler who's always ready to take on any opponent. She always fights with a smile, and whenever she sends her opponent to the mat, she shouts "Abigail!" just to rub it in. Her favorite moves are the Abigail Force Choke and the Abigail Crash.