Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zeron posted:

The collecting and museum part are great. When I used it, like every time I swung by to drop some stuff off though there'd be a new annoying quest I'd have to do before I could use the museum at all. That annoyed me quite a bit.

There's a mod that ups the number of stuff you need before a new quest happens, it might be advisable in this case.

EDIT: Found it! https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/44923

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Mar 22, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

whoops wrong thread

Jayme
Jul 16, 2008
Well, it finally happened - added one too many mods to my Skyrim Classic Edition game, and now it's all jittery and buggy. Oh well, time to download Special Edition and start the modding process from scratch! :smith:

...And since I decided to download Mod Organizer v2.4.0 while still having an older version on my computer, I apparently can't get the new version to recognize Nexus downloads? I'm clicking on the "Associate with "Download with manager" links", but it's not doing anything. Anyone have any ideas?

Jayme fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 23, 2021

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012
It took 10 years, but the most important mod has finally been released
Dragon Claws now automatically unlock their puzzle doors.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Raygereio posted:

It took 10 years, but the most important mod has finally been released
Dragon Claws now automatically unlock their puzzle doors.

Awesome, now I can shave 10 seconds off of my 200th run through Bleak Falls Barrow. Think of the savings!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
So what are the go-to for a vanilla-ish run? I haven't played this in forever and was thinking of starting up again. Something similar to FO:NV's Viva Las Vegas would be cool.

OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
I will probably never let go of SPERG in any vanilla like run.

Simsmagic
Aug 3, 2011

im beautiful

https://dragonbornsfate.github.io/

By the same guy who recently made the streamlined Viva New Vegas mod list for a mostly vanilla playthrough comes a similar attempt for SSE. It stays away from large overhauls and uses the newer EnaiSiaion mods as a base for overhauling the gameplay. I like to use this as a base and then add additional mods to my taste once I finish

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
I'd recommend basically all of EnaiSiaion's mods, he's designed it to be a "Vanilla+" experience and I think he does a very good job. Fleshes out perks, spells, etc. Very good.

Mr. Pool
Jul 10, 2001

Simsmagic posted:

https://dragonbornsfate.github.io/

By the same guy who recently made the streamlined Viva New Vegas mod list for a mostly vanilla playthrough comes a similar attempt for SSE. It stays away from large overhauls and uses the newer EnaiSiaion mods as a base for overhauling the gameplay. I like to use this as a base and then add additional mods to my taste once I finish

I got Special Edition and wanted to get back into the game, something like this is what I was looking for ty. Looks like I'll probably need to supplement with a few armor/weapon variety sets but those shouldn't break anything i think.

Burns
May 10, 2008

I just spent the entire sunday reinstalling Skyrim. Still so much left to reinstall 😄

I am still looking for a good alchemy/potion mod that isnt bloated with features and items.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Burns posted:

I just spent the entire sunday reinstalling Skyrim. Still so much left to reinstall 😄

I am still looking for a good alchemy/potion mod that isnt bloated with features and items.

CACO adds a whole bunch of poo poo that I ignore, but it also adds a ton for alchemy. Combined with Hunterborn for another set of ingredients and ways to gather them, and I have stuff to experiment on for days.

Then I use the Random Alchemy patcher so that all of the effects are randomized for the start of the game.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

In one moment, Earth; in the next, Heaven.

I love Legacy of the Dragonborn! I love it! It's the reason I play Skyrim nowadays. It's like a tangible reward for all these tiny little meaningless quests. "Go fetch my flute from random dungeon #3732" and you go and do that and get back and now there's a display of that dungeon in your museum!

I downloaded the "Interesting NPC's" mod, and some of the characters are nice, most are kinda twee, and the dialog can be really forced and unaware (like I'm playing an argonian talking to an argonian and all the dialogue options are like "huh huh you argonians sure are hicks" and it's like I'm an argonian. The dialogue really forces you character I guess is what I'd say.

Anyways! All of that is irrelevant to the important part.

Legacy of the Dragonborn integration mods.

Now interesting NPC's have unique rewards for their quests that can be displayed in a nice new wing for your museum.

Interested in exploring the wide open island of Wyrmstooth? No? WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THERE'S A MUSEUM DISPLAY NOW?

Finally there's a reason to get out and do the boring rear end quests, the thrill of the fancy new reward to shove in my ever expanding museum, lorded over for the rest of time.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Prokhor posted:

I love Legacy of the Dragonborn! I love it! It's the reason I play Skyrim nowadays. It's like a tangible reward for all these tiny little meaningless quests. "Go fetch my flute from random dungeon #3732" and you go and do that and get back and now there's a display of that dungeon in your museum!

I downloaded the "Interesting NPC's" mod, and some of the characters are nice, most are kinda twee, and the dialog can be really forced and unaware (like I'm playing an argonian talking to an argonian and all the dialogue options are like "huh huh you argonians sure are hicks" and it's like I'm an argonian. The dialogue really forces you character I guess is what I'd say.

Anyways! All of that is irrelevant to the important part.

Legacy of the Dragonborn integration mods.

Now interesting NPC's have unique rewards for their quests that can be displayed in a nice new wing for your museum.

Interested in exploring the wide open island of Wyrmstooth? No? WHAT IF I TOLD YOU THERE'S A MUSEUM DISPLAY NOW?

Finally there's a reason to get out and do the boring rear end quests, the thrill of the fancy new reward to shove in my ever expanding museum, lorded over for the rest of time.

Who wants to juggle 200 different patches for every drat mod in existence? You do, you do!

(I actually do)

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

docbeard posted:

Who wants to juggle 200 different patches for every drat mod in existence? You do, you do!

(I actually do)

The joke is on you! Thanks to the wonders of modern technology you simply download the legacy of the dragonborn all in one patch and re-install it every time you change your load out and it'll add in the patch for any newly supported mods!

Between that and LOOT being like "Hey, I noticed you've got this mod but not this patch? Here's the link if you want it." modding has never been more convenient.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

LOTD is cool and all, but it does too much imo, which is something I'd never thought I'd say about a mod

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

LOTD is cool and all, but it does too much imo, which is something I'd never thought I'd say about a mod

I don't really agree, I think it has a lot of options and content but it doesn't like DO a whole lot that you don't ask it to. It adds a new world space into solitude, it incorporates a lot of unique models for quest rewards. You could, ostensibly, install LOTD and just never interface with the actual museum, just enjoy the quality collection of new models.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I've been getting my seasonal hankering to run around in Skyrim, and I've been in the mood for some kind of treasure hunter. I couldn't find a way to make it work, and LotD never came to mind. But I think I'm going to try it. Seems like it adds enough interesting stuff to the whole thing to make it feasible.

e: Oh, and it was just updated a week ago.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!
Dovahkiin, come with me!

Over here!

Dovahkiin, come with me!

You dirty thief!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

Dovahkiin, come with me!

Over here!

Dovahkiin, come with me!

You dirty thief!

I read that to the tune of the Skyrim main theme.

Prokhor
Jun 28, 2009

Orcs and Ostriches posted:

I've been getting my seasonal hankering to run around in Skyrim, and I've been in the mood for some kind of treasure hunter. I couldn't find a way to make it work, and LotD never came to mind. But I think I'm going to try it. Seems like it adds enough interesting stuff to the whole thing to make it feasible.

e: Oh, and it was just updated a week ago.

If you use the alternate start mod there's also a relic hunter start mod that starts you as the leader of the explorers guild so you skip having to do the quests to set the museum and the explorers guild up, also it has a nice sorta thematic intro, new voice acted quest to send you to Helgen to get that all started - it's a nice smooth start that skips some of the museum setup busy work.

(For example, you also start with the safehouse, instead of needing 50 items in the museum)

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Prokhor posted:

If you use the alternate start mod there's also a relic hunter start mod that starts you as the leader of the explorers guild so you skip having to do the quests to set the museum and the explorers guild up, also it has a nice sorta thematic intro, new voice acted quest to send you to Helgen to get that all started - it's a nice smooth start that skips some of the museum setup busy work.

(For example, you also start with the safehouse, instead of needing 50 items in the museum)

I do use that mod, so I'll look into it.

In other news, I sometimes hate modding this game. I downloaded LotDB and got that installed. Did my requisite updates for my main mods too, and saw a new update for TES - Legendary Cities, among others. So I got all that going, merged a bunch of my esp mods and started up a game. Everything looked good, until I went to the Guardian Stones. All of the terrain south of Helgen near that cell was just gone.

Welp, I did add some city stuff, and my merges are fast and sloppy, so there must have been a conflict. Open up my merged city esp, and yep, terrain's all missing. Remerged everything, same problem. Tried to delete those changed zones from Creation Kit. Figured there's no city there so that mod has no important changes in that place. Well, you can't do that in CK. Had to relearn how to first find the drat cell in TESVEdit, and then deleted the changes there.

Went back into game, still no terrain. Started going piece by piece through all of my new mods and merges, as well as my backed up copies. No terrain.

Started a fresh start, with no mods (except LAL to get there quickly) and no terrain.

Somehow, even doing everything 100% in modorganizer, Skyrim.bsa just lost all of that terrain data. Restored that, checked out my modlist again, and it all works again.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Isn't merging terrain mods generally considered inadvisable?

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
No real way to safely merge multiple mods that change the base terrain of a given cell, no. You could probably merge multiple housing mods that just use the same cell relatively easily, but that tends to be the limit.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

ThaumPenguin posted:

Isn't merging terrain mods generally considered inadvisable?

Hell yeah, but I run fast and loose.

They didn't necessarily affect the same cells, but instead of having 10 JKs esps, 10 Arthmoor town ESPs, the TES-Legendary set, and bunch of other random ones, I just munch them all down into a single esp. I manually curate them so they're not really hitting the same places, unless I have compatibility patches that I also bake in with them.

Rainbow Knight
Apr 19, 2006

We die.
We pray.
To live.
We serve

Have you tried downloading something that retextures all terrain and loading it after all those other mods? It seems like something dumb enough to work :v:

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

nine-gear crow posted:

I read that to the tune of the Skyrim main theme.

I've been trying to figure out how the hell you did that all day and now I'm stuck with that too.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Rocko Bonaparte posted:

I've been trying to figure out how the hell you did that all day and now I'm stuck with that too.

Do-vah-kiin, come-with-me!

Ov-er here! Do-vah-kiin

come-with-me!

[silence, skipping to the end of the first bar]

You dir-ty thief!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also in the realm of non-shitposts, for people who like to really gently caress around with Skyrim from inside of Skyrim itself, the newest incarnation of the Skyrim In-Game Editor (SIGE) dropped a few weeks ago, called Project Proteus, and holy poo poo is it incredible.

You can change the weather, edit NPCs, weapons and armor, create duplicates of your player character and have them be a follower, and create and swap between multiple characters in real time. It takes a lot of stuff that used to be done via console commands and streamlines them into being player Z button abilities that you just need to menu scroll through instead of remembering lines and lines of commands and FormIDs.

Burns
May 10, 2008

Yesterday i learned DynDoLod.

Today we are on to animations.

Rocko Bonaparte
Mar 12, 2002

Every day is Friday!

nine-gear crow posted:

You can change the weather, edit NPCs, weapons and armor, create duplicates of your player character and have them be a follower, and create and swap between multiple characters in real time. It takes a lot of stuff that used to be done via console commands and streamlines them into being player Z button abilities that you just need to menu scroll through instead of remembering lines and lines of commands and FormIDs.

I would imagine it would be good for rapid prototyping if you could mess around with quests and scripts, but I'm guessing that's a stretch?

I wonder if you can marry yourself with it.

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
I played around with Proteus and immediately dumped it when saving my character untempered all of my gear.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

I played around with Proteus and immediately dumped it when saving my character untempered all of my gear.

You had an untemper tantrum lol

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007
Is there a general guide for resolving "Cyclic interaction dected" issues in LOOT? I'm at thhe point in LOTD of running Loot after assigning mods to groups and while I do understand what is happening, I'm not quite sure how to resolve the issue (i.e. figure out what order to have the conflicting mods load in).

I also have way too many active plugins, which may or may not be contributin to my problems (I strictly followed the LOTD instructions on what to merge and what to load as a separate mod).

Nucleic Acids fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Apr 2, 2021

Burns
May 10, 2008

On FNIS and Nemesis. I have FNIS but see a lot of mods reference Nemesis. Can these exist in tandem or are there compatibility issues?

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Burns posted:

On FNIS and Nemesis. I have FNIS but see a lot of mods reference Nemesis. Can these exist in tandem or are there compatibility issues?

Nemesis has a bunch of built in scripts that replace FNIS for mods that depend on it. FNIS is also buggy as poo poo and sometimes just decides it just doesn’t want to work so it’s taking a night off for some personal time. Punt that fucker into the sun and stick with Nemesis.

Spaseman
Aug 26, 2007

I'm a Securitron
RobCo security model 2060-B.
If you ever see any of my brothers tell them Victor says howdy.
Fallen Rib
Is there a way to import a character face that someone already made so I don't have to spend hours pushing sliders only to create a weird monster with eyes as wide as a fish?

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

If I remember correctly, Nemesis will generate a dummy FNIS file.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

If I remember correctly, Nemesis will generate a dummy FNIS file.

Yeah, it generates one when you create behavior files for Maximum Skellington Whateverthefuckit'sactuallycalled for sure. I've found Nemesis to also be a little flaky at times (which is to say it's software built for Skyrim) but head and shoulders above FNIS and capable of supporting a whole lot more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Nucleic Acids posted:

Is there a general guide for resolving "Cyclic interaction dected" issues in LOOT? I'm at thhe point in LOTD of running Loot after assigning mods to groups and while I do understand what is happening, I'm not quite sure how to resolve the issue (i.e. figure out what order to have the conflicting mods load in).

I also have way too many active plugins, which may or may not be contributin to my problems (I strictly followed the LOTD instructions on what to merge and what to load as a separate mod).

It's been a while since I've had to deal with this, but I think it's down to LOOT's rules conflicting with each other. You'll probably have to dig into the LOOT metadata for the mods that are throwing this error, because there are rules telling it to sort some mod into two different places. This can either be explicit (like a Load After rule) or something like the way LOOT's categories are arranged. Sorry I can't be more precise, like I said it's been some time since I've actually dealt with it.