Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Shigaraki is being manipulated and had his brain broken by horrific circumstances. Muscular murders people entirely because it gets him off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
The overall point stands, but with Muscular it's a lot harder to see how someone like that could be "saved"

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Rhonne posted:

Yeah, but Shigaraki has a sad backstory and Muscular doesn't(yet).

Tch! This guy sucks! I'll never care about him ! Deku kick his rear end

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Violence isn't always the answer, but when you go from "twink main-ish villain with tragic past" to "muscle wall", well, you gotta change tactics from "save him from his upbringing" to "punch REALLY hard"

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Muscular is being set us as the guy Deku can punch really hard and not just explode kinda like the first Nomu All Might fought as a display of how bad rear end Deku is now.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
He will defeat Muscular in four mighty blows.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
You think Deku is ever going to use a United States of Smash?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
muscular is gonna kick Deku's rear end up one side of the street then kick his rear end down the other side of the street

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

christmas boots posted:

He will defeat Muscular in four mighty blows.

Funny enough that is how many times he hit muscular in their first fight.

Once to realize 5% did nothing, once at 100% only for him to block it. Then twice as part of his 1,000,000% combo.

Scholtz
Aug 24, 2007

Zorchin' some Flemoids

Take his other eye, Deku!

Then give him the olllll' dick twist!

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
muscular tauntingly tells midoriya that he might look like a bad guy but he has a heart of gold

starts feeling a little nervous when midoriya just stares at muscular's chest and cracks his knuckles

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

serious gaylord posted:

He's gonna go even further, Earth Smash

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

MonsterEnvy posted:

Funny enough that is how many times he hit muscular in their first fight.

Once to realize 5% did nothing, once at 100% only for him to block it. Then twice as part of his 1,000,000% combo.

The reason I picked four is because Eggplant Squire was contrasting this with the All Might v. USJ Nomu fight and All Might made a comment at the end that in his prime he would have finished the Nomu in five hits. If Deku's first fight with Muscular was decided in four blows I wonder if that was just a coincidence

serious gaylord posted:

United Nations Security Council Smash!

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Kithkar posted:

...people on the internet ... is weird as hell...

Ftfy

Nonexistence
Jan 6, 2014

Electric Phantasm posted:

He's gonna go even further, Earth Smash

EMPIRE OF JAPAN SMAAASH

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Deku is gonna call him a motherfucker and Muscular will be shocked at his language

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Deku turning into a Reverse-Stain screeching about False Villains and how only Shigaraki is worthy.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

MorningMoon posted:

Violence isn't always the answer, but when you go from "twink main-ish villain with tragic past" to "muscle wall", well, you gotta change tactics from "save him from his upbringing" to "punch REALLY hard"

Doesn't help that Muscular was okay with killing a child just for funsies.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Deku didn't kill anyone involved with Eri despite the fact that what Eri went through is probably worse than anything that happened to anyone including everyone's favorite Evil Woobie. He's not going to up and murder someone for no reason.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

ImpAtom posted:

Deku didn't kill anyone involved with Eri despite the fact that what Eri went through is probably worse than anything that happened to anyone including everyone's favorite Evil Woobie. He's not going to up and murder someone for no reason.

Ah, but that's what the offscreen character development during the time skip is for

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Vinylshadow posted:

Ah, but that's what the offscreen character development during the time skip is for

lol

"One for All is a quirk that saves people! It's not for killing."

*smash cut to a month later with Deku brutally murdering villains left and right.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Deku, like Kiryu Kazuma, will never kill a man

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Xarbala posted:

Deku, like Kiryu Kazuma, will never kill a man

Don't worry, those were all just rubber punches.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Funky Valentine posted:

Don't worry, those were all just rubber punches.

I always knew Deku was both Luffy and Saejima

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

I can't believe people are debating about this topic when the movie trailer was so clear about it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Arist posted:

I always knew Deku was both Luffy and Saejima

Meanwhile, Katsuki is stuck running an upscale cabaret.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Blaze Dragon posted:

I can't believe people are debating about this topic when the movie trailer was so clear about it.

:hmmyes:

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
wait are we goofing in here or do people seriously think the logical result of deku saying he's not going to use OFA to kill is him using OFA to kill

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Funky Valentine posted:

Meanwhile, Katsuki is stuck running an upscale cabaret.

you know he's managing the poo poo out of that place too

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Blockhouse posted:

wait are we goofing in here or do people seriously think the logical result of deku saying he's not going to use OFA to kill is him using OFA to kill

I-It’s like one of those funny things, like on - you ever watch F Troop? - where Agarn says "There's no way I'm wearin' a dress! Absolutely not! No dress!" And Forrest Tucker's like, "Yeah, you're wearin' that dress! You're gonna wear that dress!" And they wipe - blblblblblblblb - and Agarn's wearin' a dress!

dont let me down 90s kids

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blockhouse posted:

Dude I got news for you: I am the writer of my academia for heroes, Frank Horikoshi, and Deku is going to murder an entire country's worth of villains to prove he is the goddamn hero now.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

all "war crimes" might

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

you know he's managing the poo poo out of that place too

"THE CUSTOMER IS KING, DAMMIT!"

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

christmas boots posted:

lol

"One for All is a quirk that saves people! It's not for killing."

*smash cut to a month later with Deku brutally murdering villains left and right.

one for all is not a quirk for killing, but killgun one of the previous holders quirks is definitely a quirk for killing

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I ain't saying OFA is a quirk for killing people, but if Deku had to kill someone, ain't nobody gonna shed a tear for the serial killer who almost killed an orphan for sport whose parents he also killed

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

christmas boots posted:

I-It’s like one of those funny things, like on - you ever watch F Troop? - where Agarn says "There's no way I'm wearin' a dress! Absolutely not! No dress!" And Forrest Tucker's like, "Yeah, you're wearin' that dress! You're gonna wear that dress!" And they wipe - blblblblblblblb - and Agarn's wearin' a dress!

dont let me down 90s kids

is there a quirk that lets you get sucked into cyberspace

HellCopter
Feb 9, 2012
College Slice

Elfgames posted:

one for all is not a quirk for killing, but killgun one of the previous holders quirks is definitely a quirk for killing

That'd be a great echo of the final scene from Metal Gear Rising.

"I told my friends that I would never use One For All to take a life...and I won't go back on that promise. I didn't say anything about using this big rock though"

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Eej posted:

I ain't saying OFA is a quirk for killing people, but if Deku had to kill someone, ain't nobody gonna shed a tear for the serial killer who almost killed an orphan for sport whose parents he also killed

I mean people are empathizing with "the crazy murdertouch man" "literally a serial killer" and "burns people alive for fun" man. Give Muscular a reasonable excuse and probably could happen.

It was considered shocking and awful when the guy who lived to help murder/kidnap children and repeatedly did his best to help with that goal was stabbed by a hero to prevent him from going to help murder and kill people.

Deku murdering someone would be fuckin' awful no matter who it was.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

ImpAtom posted:

I mean people are empathizing with "the crazy murdertouch man" "literally a serial killer" and "burns people alive for fun" man. Give Muscular a reasonable excuse and probably could happen.

It was considered shocking and awful when the guy who lived to help murder/kidnap children and repeatedly did his best to help with that goal was stabbed by a hero to prevent him from going to help murder and kill people.

Deku murdering someone would be fuckin' awful no matter who it was.

Mineta

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
To borrow a phrase from a recent DC comic, "you can't be crazy and evil."