Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

it’s the first, new thread

go spur

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

Kevin durant has never done anything wrong, and I would like to put that on the record

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
that fart huffed itself into my lungs, officer, i'm innocent

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Algund Eenboom posted:

Kevin durant has never done anything wrong, and I would like to put that on the record

is this an april fool's goof

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

anthony edwards is so sick, and i hope basketball reference can come up with an advanced stat that can show how awesome rookies are without being biased an unusable like winshares or bpm. Both unfairly malign guys who just love buckets like ant and poku.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The Detroit bad boys blog has a post about isaiah stewarts massive improvement in fg%, but saves the fact that he's a bottom of the league, zingis post injury level bad defender for the last couple paragraphs. Defense is the number 1, 2, 3, 5, and 7 most important skill for a center. 🥵

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Jokic is MVP

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Just kidding April fool

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
oh my god it's already april

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I would like th bulls to win one (1) game in the Vooch Era now to look up their schedule.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I wonder if the playin and weird season will actually mitigate the absolute dogshit basketball we usually get for the last 10 games of the season

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Poku plays like he's the main character who doesn't understand his powers yet

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
bunch of missed dunks:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80W9ifb4nyc

missed dunk playlist

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

R.D. Mangles posted:

I would like th bulls to win one (1) game in the Vooch Era now to look up their schedule.

Hey, denzel valentine almost broke 20 points, they're gonna be fine! Now if only other teams stopped shooting above 50% against them

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

haven't stopped thinking about how insane this block was
https://twitter.com/NBCSBulls/status/1377455128060559360?s=19

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat

Bip Roberts posted:

I wonder if the playin and weird season will actually mitigate the absolute dogshit basketball we usually get for the last 10 games of the season
I think it will. And home court advantage is still pretty desirable even with empty arenas, both in terms of travel time and players getting to go home after a game instead of a hotel.

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Less seeds are wrapped up now too. Teams could still jump a lot of spots if the chips fall right.

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Lakers going on the road for two weeks now is pretty bad timing although managing to go .500 without LeBron is impressive even if it mostly came on the backs of bad teams. Most of those bad teams have more talent than they currently have.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

Really good Jon Schumann article about Zion from nba.com. Zion isn't like Larry Johnson, he's much better, he's like a perfect on offense larry johnson/charles barkley but without rebounding, which is bizarre but sort of reasonable when you see how short he is.

NBA.com is one of the last free sites with good articles regularly. Gratis asketball coverage on the net isn't what it used to be

https://www.nba.com/news/power-rankings-notebook-week-15 (click through to see gifs and graphs and the rest of the article)

In his second season, Zion Williamson has not extended his range. He’s taken 82% of his shots in the restricted area, the third highest rate among 251 players with at least 200 field goal attempts and down just a tick from last season (85%). In 68 career games, Williamson has made 19 shots (on 56 attempts) from outside the paint. Four of those 19 came in his rookie debut.

But his work in the paint, along with the seventh highest free throw rate (52 attempts per 100 shots from the field) among those 251 players, has Williamson ranking eighth in scoring at 26.4 points per game. Though he’s made just eight 3-pointers, Williamson has the highest true shooting percentage (66.2%) among the 47 players with a usage rate of 25% or higher.

Last season, Williamson scored 15.8 points per game in the restricted area, the highest mark in the 25 years for which we have shot-location data. This season, he’s destroying his own record, averaging 17.9 restricted-area points per game.

The goal for the Pelicans’ offense in regard to the 20-year-old is the same as it was last season: Get him into the paint with enough runway for him to launch himself toward the rim, where he combines a deft touch with an uncanny ability to slice his wide body through however many defenders might be there (or just bounce off them). But the ways in which the Pelicans have achieved that goal have changed.

According to Second Spectrum tracking, Williamson had the ball for 5% of the time he was on the floor last season. Through the Pelicans’ first 23 games this season, that rate was up to a little less than 7%. And over the last 23 games, it’s over 11% (and almost even with that of Brandon Ingram).

According to Synergy tracking, Williamson has seen big jumps in the percentage of his ball-controlling types of possessions (isolation and pick-and-roll ball-handler):

Dejan Bimble fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Apr 1, 2021

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

No team currently has won more than 4 in a row or lost more than 3 in a row.

Raptors can't even manage a proper losing streak at the moment.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

The raptors have lost 4 in a row. The bulls have lost five in a row.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
https://twitter.com/realbillrussell/status/1377621477290311682?s=21

dokmo
Aug 27, 2006

:stat:man
what the hell, it's not like i'm being paid to work and not make two missed dunk compilations in the span of a few hours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eAPb-IKNEU

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

R.D. Mangles posted:

haven't stopped thinking about how insane this block was
https://twitter.com/NBCSBulls/status/1377455128060559360?s=19

It is good.

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

R.D. Mangles posted:

Oh poo poo, they're right next to each other in the standings and somehow I missed both. #WhosTheGoof

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Zion is just a fascinating player to watch and then later look up the stats on. I need more teams to start trapping and hard doubling him before he gets a chance to put the ball on the floor just to see how he learns to counter it.

E: I say this because walling him off hasn't worked, playing off him when he catches the ball on the perimeter hasn't worked, coming with a double after he has already started dribbling hasn't worked, etc.

Kibner fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Apr 1, 2021

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

dokmo posted:

what the hell, it's not like i'm being paid to work and not make two missed dunk compilations in the span of a few hours:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eAPb-IKNEU

Truly the work of a man who finds no joy in basketball.

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

R.D. Mangles posted:

Pacers, Celtics, Knicks, Raptors and Bulls all lost last night, and the Heat barely managed 90 points in a win. Charlotte might get homecourt by default

MelancholyMark
May 5, 2009

hello new thread

morestuff
Aug 2, 2008

You can't stop what's coming

morestuff posted:

Pacers, Celtics, Knicks, Raptors and Bulls all lost last night, and the Heat barely managed 90 points in a win. Charlotte might get homecourt by default

Related:

https://twitter.com/ChrisForsberg_/status/1377610033769381888?s=20

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
Pels without Lonzo, Zion, and maybe Ingram tonight against the Magic. First real injury heavy game of the season for them.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Jaren Jackson Jr is BACK this month allegedly

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop

It's not false. The celtics are bad because they don't have enough good players. Whose fault is that? "Danny"

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
New thread so we need more Myles Turner content:

https://twitter.com/Pacers/status/1377689388596015104

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Vote of confidence kiss of death.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005

Athanatos posted:

New thread so we need more Myles Turner content:

https://twitter.com/Pacers/status/1377689388596015104

Very fitting that Will Barton is the face of offensive futility

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

thread is not real until someone posts some TIERS

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
my team sucks :qq:

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
jazz are still good glad their plane didn't crash

Rick posted:

Vote of confidence kiss of death.

it does feel like that team is extremely over this season and tuning him out might be time to bring in a fresh voice who has coached stars before and let brad move on to idk the Kings or something

MourningView fucked around with this message at 21:22 on Apr 1, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

MourningView posted:

jazz are still good glad their plane didn't crash

it does feel like that team is extremely over this season and tuning him out might be time to bring in a fresh voice who has coached stars before and let brad move on to idk the Kings or something

You don’t need a coach who knows how to handle stars if you haven’t got any