Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Question.
This poll is closed.
Yes. 76 50.67%
No. 74 49.33%
Total: 127 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

That Works posted:

You've never seen crossfitters do "kipping pullups" I take it? It's a whole thing.

My wife is a crossfit competitor / coach (was really). It's bananas.

Yeah this is where I basically come at it from:

https://twitter.com/ActNormalOrElse/status/1377648834126438402

Like I had an Arm Day even through my Moderna-induced John McCain arm, but everything about that hits my eyes as "well, she'll gently caress herself up worse that we ever could, cool!"

stealie72 posted:

What the gently caress did I just watch, other than some moron throwing weights and swinging herself around.

She'll be in Congress for as long as she wants (and/or as long as her shoulders hold out). And she will be introducing bills like these to own the libs:

https://twitter.com/hugolowell/status/1377657348550975493

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

:lol:

lightpole posted:

Is this about kipping pull ups or the fact that crossfit is a stupid cult?

Both?

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD

lightpole posted:

Is this about kipping pull ups or the fact that crossfit is a stupid cult?

yes

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

A whole lot of you have never been educated as to the benefits of hyperextending all of your joints while doing fast overhead presses and it shows.

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

There were some cool things that cross fit kind of made mainstream in the fitness world. Being able to work out without a ton of fancy gym equipment was really appealing back when I was 15 years younger and sitting in rear end crack Afghanistan with a kettle bell and some sand bags.

That poo poo went off the rails super fast though. I have no idea what went wrong but it feels like Cross Fit should own some land in Oregon and be tainting local buffets with E. coli in an attempt to take over area politics.

Sacrist65
Mar 24, 2007
Frunnkiss
I personally know 3 women over 30 who have done crossfit. All 3 of them have had surgury for crossfit related injuries.

The "value" of the $200 a month you spend is to have a bunch of other people encourage you. Everyone is like, forcefully nice? It reminds me of being new at a baptist church and everyone wants you to join their cult/community.

I think they tap into the camaraderie vets get from going through an intense and painful experience together. Which, in a world of increasing isolation isn't a bad thing. It just feels...contrived?

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Meanwhile, Alex Berenson, the only person in 2021 to fall for a BOFA prank on Twitter and who has views on weed as misinformed as the Newsmax Munchkin, now has an entire article in the Atlantic calling him out for being wrong about every single thing he’s said about COVID.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

My wife did the crossfit gig for a while then just got into competitive Olympic lifting from there as I think she started to see the lack of consistent coaching / form building routines piling up injuries for her and her friends etc. She still won't admit its pretty crap for long term ortho health though.

I couldn't really get much traction arguing against it because I played rugby for nearly 20 yrs so all of my joints are hosed anyways.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
If I had a dollar for every CrossFit moron that required shoulder surgery or nearly killed their kidneys I'd have at least enough for a meal at Whataburger

Genocide Tendency
Dec 24, 2009

I get mental health care from the medical equivalent of Skillcraft.

I can't decide if this is you bragging that you avoid CrossFit cultists or a shot at the prices of Whataburger.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Her form is offensively bad

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Her form is offensively bad

Cant get covid if you cant go outside because you are paralized.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

as a person who never leaves my house i've done pretty well for myself.
It would be a shame if she got rhabdomyolysis.

She never will because her “workout” stops when the camera turns off.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug
Fun stuff on Ukraine's border

https://twitter.com/Osinttechnical/status/1377432142867664899?s=20

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

facialimpediment posted:

Skip to 0:13.

Just trust me.

As someone with 8 knee-surgeries in my history - the last of which being an infragenual supracondylar valgus osteotomy - i would like to point out that everything before 0:13 gave me excruciating pain.

Just trust me.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

I am under the impression Russian aggression was largely hidden from the citizens as it isn't actually that popular. This includes hiding combat deaths from families and the public. If that's the case, I'm curious how a full blown invasion would play out. I wouldn't think Ukraine has to win in that case?

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Whats less popular than an invasion? If you answered your people dying of thirst, correct.

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

Russia hides losses because it makes them appear weak, not because they actually care about the populace's opinion.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/1377712375277658113

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Whats less popular than an invasion? If you answered your people dying of thirst, correct.

Your people in the country you annexed, sure.

Untagged
Mar 29, 2004

Hey, does your planet have wiper fluid yet or you gonna freak out and start worshiping us?

Are there any specifics anywhere of how this would potentially work? Like loans before a certain date, or for a certain degree level, etc.

Say for example, instead of piecemeal paying for graduate classes one at a time when able hoping it all works out, could someone go and take out a loan for the rest of it now and have a chance at it being forgiven? Because that would be nice.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Untagged posted:

Are there any specifics anywhere of how this would potentially work? Like loans before a certain date, or for a certain degree level, etc.

Say for example, instead of piecemeal paying for graduate classes one at a time when able hoping it all works out, could someone go and take out a loan for the rest of it now and have a chance at it being forgiven? Because that would be nice.

Whatever the details are now (if there are any), expect them to be hammered into oblivion and look completely different by the time it passes.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Untagged posted:

I expect that's the point of consulting the legal people: making sure they know who can do what without some jackass judge throwing it out*.

*blah blah blah SCOTUS blah blah

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I expect that's the point of consulting the legal people: making sure they know who can do what without some jackass judge throwing it out*.

*blah blah blah SCOTUS blah blah

Worth remembering that Roberts basically tried to tell the Trump lawyers how to restructure their arguments to have a facsimile of constitutionality but they only were able to figure out it like a quarter of the time.

While I doubt Biden gets the benefit of the doubt here from the SC, it doesn't hurt to actually get your ducks in a row before implementing new policy.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

I just saw a WSJ article that said “water is the new oil in space” and that’s all I need to confirm we will be fighting full blown wars over water soon.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

boop the snoot posted:

I just saw a WSJ article that said “water is the new oil in space” and that’s all I need to confirm we will be fighting full blown wars over water soon.

Yeah, not making me hopeful. If I recall correctly Hershey's CEO said something like that too.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

CommieGIR posted:

Yeah, not making me hopeful. If I recall correctly Hershey's CEO said something like that too.

I believe that was the Nestle CEO saying he doesn't view water as a human right, it should be a source of profit.

This is, for those keeping track, one of the lesser evil things to come from Nestle.

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

bird food bathtub posted:

I believe that was the Nestle CEO saying he doesn't view water as a human right, it should be a source of profit.

This is, for those keeping track, one of the lesser evil things to come from Nestle.

Was it nestle that was given rights to bottle the fresh water near Flint, while the residents of Flint had to drink poison?

Funkysock
Aug 8, 2011

Clapping Larry
Yes, more or less: https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/nestle-200-dollars-water-plant-evart-michigan-flint-water-crisis-tap-water-a7975511.html

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Geez.

https://twitter.com/jeremyherb/status/1377750680136519681?s=19

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1377747362295209985?s=19

Apparently Gaetz is a bag of dicks to other Republicans, even by other Republicans' standards, so we're likely getting a running oppo dump of sleaze.

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

Is this the one where even their own family ran ad's for his opponent saying the dude was dicks and not to vote for him.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Defenestrategy posted:

Is this the one where even their own family ran ad's for his opponent saying the dude was dicks and not to vote for him.

No that was an older dude out in a Southwest state if I remember correctly

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

If you or someone you know has a gambling problem, crisis counseling and referral services can be accessed by calling
1-800-GAMBLER

Ultra Carp

That Works posted:

No that was an older dude out in a Southwest state if I remember correctly

Paul Gosar of Arizona.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1N-m83vYr-Y

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Knowing nothing about either one of these people, I imagine I’ll vote against you if you’re lovely enough that your immediate family would railroad you like this.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Somewhat GiP/Current Events, new GY!BE album dropping

"'G_d’s Pee AT STATE’S END!' posted:

1. A Military Alphabet (five eyes all blind) (4521.0kHz 6730.0kHz 4109.09kHz) / Job’s Lament / First of the Last Glaciers / where we break how we shine (ROCKETS FOR MARY)
2. Fire at Static Valley
3. “GOVERNMENT CAME” (9980.0kHz 3617.1kHz 4521.0 kHz) / Cliffs Gaze / cliffs’ gaze at empty waters’ rise / ASHES TO SEA or NEARER TO THEE
4. OUR SIDE HAS TO WIN (for D.H.)

we wrote it on the road mostly. when that was still a place.
and then recorded it in masks later, distanced at the beginning of the second wave.
it was autumn, and the falling sun was impossibly fat and orange.
we tried to summon a brighter reckoning there,
bent beneath varied states of discomfort, worry and wonderment.

we fired up the shortwave radios again, for the first time in a long time.
and found that many things had changed.
the apocalypse pastors were still there, but yelling END TIMES NOW where they once yelled "end times soon".
and the transmission-detritus of automated militaries takes up more bandwidth now,
so that a lot of frequencies are just pulses of rising white static,
digital codexes announcing the status of various watching and killing machines.
and the ham-radio dads talk to each other all night long.
about their dying wives and what they ate for lunch and what they'll do with their guns when antifa comes.

this record is about all of us waiting for the end.
all current forms of governance are failed.
this record is about all of us waiting for the beginning,
and is informed by the following demands=
empty the prisons
take power from the police and give it to the neighbourhoods that they terrorise.
end the forever wars and all other forms of imperialism.
tax the rich until they're impoverished.

much love to all the other lost and lovely ones,
these are death-times and our side has to win.
we'll see you on the road once the numbers fall.

xoxoxox god's pee
montreal, quebec, kanada
1 march, 2021

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Like how much of an rear end do you need to be for your whole family to come out and say yo gently caress this dude in ads for your opposition. drat

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
Looks like the Times has the receipts. Literally.

https://twitter.com/PatriciaMazzei/status/1377798913885925377

Reading through, it explains the trafficking/drugs stuff and a lot of other bad.

Abongination
Aug 18, 2010

Life, it's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Pillbug
He'll be making 6 figgies on newsmax soon.

We're almost totally reliant on the dominion lawsuits to censor these outlets, there is apparently no other way to shut down a "news" company that is straight up indoctrination and a danger to the state.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Stravag posted:

Like how much of an rear end do you need to be for your whole family to come out and say yo gently caress this dude in ads for your opposition. drat

Gosar won the GOP primary in AZ-4 by almost 20 points and the general by more than twice that.

And he's a loving Nazi.

Lemniscate Blue fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Apr 2, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
gaetz is beyond hosed, its time to start looking at all the people who knew this was happening and DID NOTHING