Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Robot Style posted:

Ah yeah, the quip-preserving fog. Had to be added across the entire sequence, because Joss didn't realize Flash asking "did you guys see what's going on outside" doesn't work when he's essentially standing in front of giant windows.

Holy lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Mods if there's any way to make Robot Style some sort of mascot or include them in some sort of digital medal-giving ceremony please do it. Please.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Robot Style posted:

Ah yeah, the quip-preserving fog. Had to be added across the entire sequence, because Joss didn't realize Flash asking "did you guys see what's going on outside" doesn't work when he's essentially standing in front of giant windows.

lmao

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

That is loving hilarious

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Holy poo poo lol

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Well...

Still a terrible loving movie except now I spent four more hours on this poo poo

At least I never saw Batman VS Superman

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
You gotta catch BvS sometime man, it's Empire Strikes Back to this movie's Return Of The Jedi

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

DarkCrawler posted:

Still a terrible loving movie except now I spent four more hours on this poo poo
You're not even going to lecture us about how Finnish leftists have better taste in superhero movies than American leftists? Someone's off their game today.

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

2house2fly posted:

You gotta catch BvS sometime man, it's Empire Strikes Back to this movie's Return Of The Jedi

If they didn't like ZSJL, no loving way they like BvS lol.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Halloween Jack posted:

You're not even going to lecture us about how Finnish leftists have better taste in superhero movies than American leftists? Someone's off their game today.

While you're in your usual form, I see.

I'm lying, I don't even know who the gently caress you are

Glad to see I've made an impact though.

Anyway, I don't think political ideology has much if an relation to what a garbage gently caress this thing was. Either version.

"They forgot" except instead of a fleet it was a whole planet lol what

DarkCrawler fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Apr 1, 2021

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
A film that makes a pretty good impact, is Batman V Superman

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
Is it a controversial statement that BvS is the worst of the three? Like regardless of how much anyone enjoys these movies: JL, MoS, BvS seems the right order.

Roth
Jul 9, 2016

DarkCrawler posted:

Glad to see I've made an impact though.

Anyway, I don't think political ideology has much if an relation to what a garbage gently caress this thing was. Either version.

You'd have better luck applying to CinemaSins directly instead of posting on SA.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Timeless Appeal posted:

Is it a controversial statement that BvS is the worst of the three? Like regardless of how much anyone enjoys these movies: JL, MoS, BvS seems the right order.

There are a lot of people who like that movie more than MoS and Justice League. For me, Man of Steel still reigns supreme despite the last act being kinda weak. I'd put BvS and Justice League on the same level, though.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

DarkCrawler posted:

You're just like Thanos dismissing Wanda in Endgame.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

DarkCrawler posted:

https://twitter.com/KnightFleck/status/1375580045486489603?s=20

This definitely could've been explained more clearly in the movie.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Timeless Appeal posted:

I don't think so, I think that would be the general consensus. I disagree, but that definitely seems like the popular opinion.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Robot Style posted:

That's a real Lazerbot rear end post

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jimbot posted:

There are a lot of people who like that movie more than MoS and Justice League. For me, Man of Steel still reigns supreme despite the last act being kinda weak. I'd put BvS and Justice League on the same level, though.

Man of Steel is like exponentially better then Justice League even if it was a terrible Superman movie. At least the villains weren't complete loving pushovers and there was some cool Krypton stuff. Someone should have Snyder direct a Red Son movie/show, it's obviously what he wants.

Robot Style posted:

I mean...explained at all? Did his memory spill to the ground too?

I'm sorry I can't just take Darkseid being bled out by a loving arrow and dragged off by parademons like a punk seriously no matter what, even if that arrow was fired by Arrowus, the Arrow God of Arrows. He's supposed to eat actual literal gods for breakfast.

And jesus loving Christ "Apokolips". "Slain" isn't even a comic book word, this is "fanboy trying to justify his lovely fanfiction" level in every way.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

The universe is pretty big. It's easy to lose track of one planet amidst the hundred thousand of dusted ones.

Also Man of Steel is the best Superman movie. Nothing comes even close.

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world
I think the weirdest part of that continuity is the fact that Steppenwolf knows for a long while that earth has some motherboxes hidden on it before he realizes it's the same world that once defeated Darkseid in the old stories. Is it normaly for trios of motherboxes to not just be littered but actually guarded on heretofore-unconquered worlds? It's possible to construct a scenario in which this makes sense but the movie doesn't give you a lot of help in that regard. (The fact that Steppenwolf seems to note with interest, but no real surprise, that the first motherbox he comes for has guardians does gesture in this direction.)

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Timeless Appeal posted:

BvS is a harder movie to love because it's so big and the tone is so dark, but I don't know that I'd say Man Of Steel is better. JL is the weakest but a satisfying conclusion

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Jimbot posted:

The universe is pretty big. It's easy to lose track of one planet amidst the hundred thousand of dusted ones.

I think when it is the only world that ever resisted you someone might write that down or something.

Jimbot posted:

Also Man of Steel is the best Superman movie. Nothing comes even close.

Agree. That just tells you about Superman movies.

AccountSupervisor
Aug 3, 2004

I am greatful for my loop pedal
In regards to Darkseid losing track of Earth:

I always imagined it like you left your phone with a tracker inside of a football stadium but then it died so you dont know the exact location and on top of that the football stadium is always changing position and coordinates, even relative to other football stadiums around it and on top of that the football stadium might be filled with a bunch of gods who wooped my rear end once and I have to get through them once I even find the drat thing.

Or look at it like even if you put a gps tracker on a single grain of sand and droped it in the ocean itd be a pain in the rear end to actually find.

AccountSupervisor fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Apr 1, 2021

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

DarkCrawler posted:

They exist in another dimension, and without the motherboxes to travel it's hard to pinpoint any particular spot in our reality. They aren't just from some planet and they flew off Earth and back to it.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

I like all 3 movies for different reasons. ZSJL is the most feel-good and crowd-pleasing. MoS is the most kinetic and visceral. Batman v Superman is the weirdest and has the most pathos.

edit: also the explanation for how Darkseid lost track of the ALE is pretty muddled in the movie. It makes absolute sense if you realize that to Darkseid, Earth is just a job site that he visited for one day 5000 years ago and had a bad accident and now doesn't know how to get back there, since the guys who drove him to it are all dead.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

DarkCrawler posted:

Someone should have Snyder direct a Red Son movie/show, it's obviously what he wants.

Red Son was one of the Superman comics that Cavill based his MoS performance of Superman on. I don't know if it was something that influenced Snyder (or Nolan or Goyer) but it did influence Cavill.

Also I'm not afraid to say it, my ranking is BvS > MoS > JL. Though my preferred version of BvS is still some hypothetical halfway point between the theatrical and ultimate editions, I'm not a fan of Luthor being behind the prison murders and the African woman being a crisis actor.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Ferrinus posted:

I think the weirdest part of that continuity is the fact that Steppenwolf knows for a long while that earth has some motherboxes hidden on it before he realizes it's the same world that once defeated Darkseid in the old stories. Is it normaly for trios of motherboxes to not just be littered but actually guarded on heretofore-unconquered worlds? It's possible to construct a scenario in which this makes sense but the movie doesn't give you a lot of help in that regard. (The fact that Steppenwolf seems to note with interest, but no real surprise, that the first motherbox he comes for has guardians does gesture in this direction.)

My thinking is that motherboxes are a more or less lost technology and Steppenwolf and Desaad know jack poo poo about them. Steppenwolf figures this world just made or found some motherboxes of their own or something, then when he realises the spell that gives you coronavirus is on Earth he puts two and two together and gets the info to Darkseid, who would have put two and two together immediately if he'd been in the loop from the start

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

multijoe posted:

That's a real Lazerbot rear end post

Dude's dyslexic, but yeah there's some real Troll Slaiyer energy there.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

DarkCrawler posted:

And jesus loving Christ "Apokolips". "Slain" isn't even a comic book word, this is "fanboy trying to justify his lovely fanfiction" level in every way.
What are you even trying to say here

e: Oh, Zack Snyder, guy who is open about having dyslexia, is a bad speller, got it

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Also it's not fan fiction anymore when a studio gives you 200 million to realize your ideas. That's just a fact, jack.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Robot Style posted:

Dude's dyslexic, but yeah there's some real Troll Slaiyer energy there.

That post has the look of something written with speech-to-text, which depending on how dyslexic the dude is would probably be easier to handle

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Also it's not fan fiction anymore when a studio gives you 200 million to realize your ideas. That's just a fact, jack.

Either that or any Batman story not written by Bill Finger is fanfiction

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

DarkCrawler posted:

I'm sorry I can't just take Darkseid being bled out by a loving arrow and dragged off by parademons like a punk seriously no matter what, even if that arrow was fired by Arrowus, the Arrow God of Arrows. He's supposed to eat actual literal gods for breakfast.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

drat that's a sick arrow

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Basically anyone using these characters today is doing fanfiction because a lot of them predate WWII and the Golden Age guys are all dead. (With the Silver age creators not far behind)

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

Why are 90% of the antagonist shitposters in this thread unable to get basic facts about the movie correct? It's a mystery.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Martman posted:

drat that's a sick arrow
Reminds me of the time Hawkeye just about took out Thanos.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

I somehow just realized the Greek Gods were twice the size of everyone else when I was comparing Josstice with Snyder.

Zeus is the most powerful person we've seen in these movies and baby Darkseid was blocking his strongest attack and only lost because said attack was used as a feint so the literal God of War who was amped up could strike him once. I have no idea why someone is talking about arrows from another literal God.

People must really be looking at their phones a lot.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Why are 90% of the antagonist shitposters in this thread unable to get basic facts about the movie correct? It's a mystery.

To be fair the morherbox/Darkseid stuff is a bit murky, largely because comprehensively explaining that stuff isn't really necessary for the plot

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
I assumed the reason Darkseid jobbed out in the past, but is more fearsome in the present is because of comic-book stuff they haven't put in the movies yet.

Darkseid wasn't always Darkseid, he was Uxas, but then he murdered his brother Drax and claimed the Omega Force, which is what gives him his Omega Beams, and his skin turned to stone and he levelled up I guess.

I just assume after Ares axed him a question, he went home, healed, and got the Omega Force. You'll note he doesn't use his eyes beams in that flashback. Maybe he doesn't have them yet?