Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

That's when I was carrying you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Listen to more Faith No More, tbh. Angel Dust, King For A Day.. Fool For A Lifetime, and Sol Invictus all have some incredible tracks.

I know him more for Mr. Bungle. My buddy at the time was a drummer for their opening band so I got to see them several times for free. They were pretty loving weird.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1JcFmCdwXU

ghosthorse
Dec 15, 2011

...you forget so easily...

Zetsubou-san posted:

invisible crocodil shia lebeouf

unfortunately shia labeouf is a visible predator

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

BiggerBoat posted:

I know him more for Mr. Bungle. My buddy at the time was a drummer for their opening band so I got to see them several times for free. They were pretty loving weird.

Faith No More - Real Thing was the second LP I bought as a kid (first one was Europe - Final Countdown). I've been a fan of Patton's various projects ever since. I'm glad he dropped the nasal voice he did on Real Thing even though I still like the album.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

mind the walrus posted:

How have I somehow gone my entire life unaware of Mike Patton outside of that one Faith No More single? Dude rules.

The day I learned that the hardest drug he consumes is caffeine I was as shocked as when I heard him doing interviews in fluent Italian.

He’s just the best.

I love his phrasing. All faith no more songs should be listened to while reading the lyrics.

Glottis
May 29, 2002

No. It's necessary.
Yam Slacker
the fact that the original Mr. Bungle album was written and performed by basically a bunch of straight-edge high school students from Eureka is what always gets me.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
The song the Dirty Jobs theme is from owns bones

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQhX8PbNUWI

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Ok, so Tpwnsend's not bad? Cool I'm glad.

Heh.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

teen witch posted:

Not Mike Patton but was my first introduction to FNM.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

teen witch posted:

Dirty Jobs is cancelled, Mike Rowe is a degenerate chud. Only true Mike is Patton.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

I'M FEELING JIMMY

LifeSunDeath posted:

Dirty Jobs is cancelled, Mike Rowe is a degenerate chud. Only true Mike is Patton.

Maybe it's because I was still a teenager when Dirty Jobs was on, but it's so weird to me that a guy could go around and work a bunch of lovely jobs where he could see people struggling even with how well they were paid, and come away with the idea that health and safety regulations are the problem.

e: like, I know now that Rowe came from money and went into it with this idea, but it's still bonkers to me.

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

SpacePig posted:

Maybe it's because I was still a teenager when Dirty Jobs was on, but it's so weird to me that a guy could go around and work a bunch of lovely jobs where he could see people struggling even with how well they were paid, and come away with the idea that health and safety regulations are the problem.

e: like, I know now that Rowe came from money and went into it with this idea, but it's still bonkers to me.

The thing is though he wasn't really working those jobs so much as shoveling one load of poo poo or whatever then mugging for the camera then probably heading for the craft services table. One day of goofing around for the sake of shooting a show isn't going to give anyone, even someone much more sympathetic to the situation, a genuine understanding of how those kind of jobs affect you. He's not staring at his bills late at night trying figure out how to make it all work after a 60 hour week where he destroyed both his body and mental well being doing that same thankless miserable activity a thousand times over.

Getting just a small whiff of what it's actually like kinda just helped reinforce the hosed up perspective that out of touch assholes have on "low level" labor and how it's noble to basically be a flagellant and barely scrape by. It simultaneously let him pretend like he totally understands what it's like while justifying a world view that does absolutely nothing to help them and instead very much keep them in their place.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Yeah the "live like the plebs for a week" type shows aren't new, and every single one of them misses the point that you aren't living like that for a week, you're living like that your entire life and there is never any hope of escape.

Now a show where you take rich people and just make them poor forever and then film it, that I would watch.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

lol if you think he worked a real 8-10 hour shift on that show.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

kiimo posted:

The day I learned that the hardest drug he consumes is caffeine I was as shocked as when I heard him doing interviews in fluent Italian.

He’s just the best.

Check out his album Mondo Cane if you haven’t, he covers a ton of 60’s-70’s Italian film songs with an orchestra and its fantastic.

He also got Axl Rose really good with a prank once. When FNM was touring with GnR, Rose would always be drinking orange juice from a machine in the tour bus. Patton got one of the cartons, drained the juice, put a turd inside the carton, meticulously resealed the carton, and had someone put it back in the machine.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Check out his album Mondo Cane if you haven’t, he covers a ton of 60’s-70’s Italian film songs with an orchestra and its fantastic.

He also got Axl Rose really good with a prank once. When FNM was touring with GnR, Rose would always be drinking orange juice from a machine in the tour bus. Patton got one of the cartons, drained the juice, put a turd inside the carton, meticulously resealed the carton, and had someone put it back in the machine.

'Turd in the Machine' is also a v good band name

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

This is the 'old dude'-est discussion I've witnessed in a while

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

NLJP posted:

This is the 'old dude'-est discussion I've witnessed in a while

Mike Patton is a treasure for people of all ages. :colbert:

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

Figured he wouldn't have to work with all the software money.

Twitch
Apr 15, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

bike tory posted:

... I could've sworn he died recently? Like seriously I'd have bet a lot of money on it. This is like the opposite of the usual meme thread announcement of some celebrity death.

Unfortunately, Chuck Mosley, the first singer from Faith No More, died a few years ago.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Listen to more Faith No More, tbh. Angel Dust, King For A Day.. Fool For A Lifetime, and Sol Invictus all have some incredible tracks.

A friend of mine went Tomahawk, then Mr. Bungle, then got into Faith No More. It's like, playing NG+ before you play the regular game.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.

Mike Patton is a treasure for people of all ages. :colbert:

One thing that he did which I thought was cool was to wear masks and disguises for the Mr. Bungle stuff. My drummer friend said he did that so as not to upstage the rest of the band since it was right when he was breaking out big with FNM. I mean, sure, most of the audience still knew it was Mike Patton but I always thought that was pretty righteous of him.

The guy that told me made it as far in music as playing in a band that opened for Faith No More and told me a few stories about Patton, all of them good.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Faith No More did the best version of War Pigs including Black Sabbath's

Blood Nightmaster
Sep 6, 2011

“また遊んであげるわ!”
As someone who literally only knows of Mike Patton through his work on Lovage this derail has been very enlightening for me

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm just wondering why everyone is so enthused about the fat guy who was on best of the worst a couple of times.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Hey, Rich Evans is on like every episode.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

teen witch posted:

It's also part of the Grosse Point Blank soundtrack, which is phenomenal.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPzDTfIb0DU

I wanna play the sound he makes at 1:53 on repeat as my bride walks down the aisle

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012

Blood Nightmaster posted:

As someone who literally only knows of Mike Patton through his work on Lovage this derail has been very enlightening for me
Lovage is also really good. Angel Dust is a good first smoke if you feel like going down the mike patton rabbit hole.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

kiimo posted:

I wanna play the sound he makes at 1:53 on repeat as my bride walks down the aisle

:yeah: Didn't even have to play the video to hear the sound in my head!

chienandalusia
Feb 17, 2011

kiimo posted:

:same:

Always loved that part.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Babylon Astronaut posted:

Lovage is also really good. Angel Dust is a good first smoke if you feel like going down the mike patton rabbit hole.

Angel Dust is so loving good. I remember playing Crack Hitler on repeat for hours driving from Miami to Key West.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

kiimo posted:

Someone needs to clip that bit, clean it up, and make it into a phone notification.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts
PYF Funny Pictures: Just Faith No More Chat Now

Poopelyse
Jan 22, 2011

by Fluffdaddy

SneezeOfTheDecade posted:

PYF Funny Pictures: Just Faith No More Chat Now

idgi there are only 4 lights

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Megillah Gorilla posted:

Someone needs to clip that bit, clean it up, and make it into a phone notification.

I will buy an SA gift cert or 10 dollar Steam game for someone does this so I can use it.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Poopelyse posted:

idgi there are only 4 lights

:science:

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
All this talk about Mike Patton & I loved that Jim Martin was in Bill & Ted's Bogus Journey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_BH96eNPoY
Mainly because my high school art teacher was named Jim Martin, and his idea of fun was putting Metallica cassettes in a Teddy Ruxpin & playing it during class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

I will buy an SA gift cert or 10 dollar Steam game for someone does this so I can use it.

It's not perfect, but I've done a little cleaning: https://drive.google.com/file/d/15ZljX1lP8JAv-YMxVUMaT8S-lNSwk1bi/view?usp=sharing