Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

I want its past to be its present

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Davincie posted:

Good news for you, they never stopped.

An artist truly living their best life.

Elephant Parade
Jan 20, 2018

Davincie posted:

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Davincie posted:

i think nanashi scrubbed his pixiv when nagatoro was gaining normie traction, so uh fat chance

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Im here for natatoro, and not here for haters

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Namtab posted:

Im here for ntratoro, and not here for haters

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum
animating it is like replaying the sadism anyway since she's gonna make him cry a bunch in the beginning and call him everything short of phimosis dick

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

i haven't kept up with anime much in the past couple of years but between shaman king and twewy now seems like a good time to get back into watching stuff as it airs... now to just hope both dont suck poo poo

other stuff im looking at: 86, odd taxi, shadows house, seijo no maryoku, and probably edens zero.

Doodles
Apr 14, 2001
So I've picked a handful I'll start with to see how it goes:

Bishounen Tanteidan because it sounds like a cross between The Hardy Boys and Queer Eye For The Straight Guy, a concept that already has me giggling.

Dragon, Ie wo Kau because anything that skewers fantasy tropes is worth a shot in my eyes.

Odd Taxi because :furcry:

Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni Nattemashita because it just looks like a fun little slice-of-life fantasy series.

And the second half of Kumo Desu ga, Nani Ka? because the first half has been :krad: and the second promises to be even more crazy. :spiderguy:

If I decide to drop anything and if the resoponses are acceptable I might try Sentouin, Hakenshimasu!, but right now the previews for it feels like they're trying WAY too hard to be wacky.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
slime 300 falls apart later on, but the anime will probably only cover the early good parts. so, fingers crossed.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i dont think the early parts are that good either :twisted:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i'll try gokushufudou and vivy

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

The Colonel posted:

i dont think the early parts are that good either :twisted:

Eh. The early parts are a decent mix of goofy and comfy (with the occasional dash of horny). I am not expecting it to be the hit of the season, but I think it will be a fine watch since it (hopefully) won’t overstay its welcome.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Everything Burrito posted:

The Saint's Magic Power is Omnipotent - I originally got this confused with another one with kind of a similar premise that I'd read (I have not read this one) but it seems like it might have a vibe kind of like Snow White with the Red Hair and I'm also glad there's finally an isekai adaption that lines up more with the type I like to read.
I like the comic a lot but I'm not sure if it'll make a good show. At least the show won't have the scanlation problems of the comic

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Daedalus1134 posted:

I agree, but watching that trailer the voicework made Nagatoro seem WAY more sadistic than I was getting out of the manga.
Toro literally Makes Senpai cry and then teasingly gives him a girly handkerchief to dry his tears in one of the first 5ish chapters.

It eases up massively but the start is really, really rough.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

I thought the main guy in Koikimo was gonna be like 20 at most, but it turns out he's almost thirty which makes it a lot more creepy than funny. I know it's only been one episode but they seem to be setting it up so that Ichika finds him endearing which is kinda uncomfortable to watch when the guy doesn't understand the whole no means no thing.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYcK1LQl_Fs

Malsangoroth
Apr 2, 2015

Hmm, this looks kinda nea--

quote:

from LeSean Thomas

Oh. Hmm... oh. Well, maybe it'll be better than Cannon Busters?

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I liked Cannon Busters.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cannon Busters sounds like it should be a Dreamcast game

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
"I shaved and brought a high schooler home" is going to taint the anime comments thread for months to come with the poisonous discourse that poo poo will no doubt produce

Series I've read some of before and might watch if the anime version is decent:

Hopefully the nagatoro anime is good and we get plenty of noodly arms nagatoro and less of the exhibitionist class president

Combatants will be dispatched is hilarious but also incredibly mean and pretty uncomfortable at times, not sure if it'll capture the konosuba magic or not

Killing slimes for 300 years is cute and chill, I'm curious to see if it adapts well to animation since it's realllly slow and not a lot happens

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Sakurazuka posted:

Cannon Busters sounds like it should be a Dreamcast game

Title-wise there's Cannon Spike :v:.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhxSSZSojlw

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

"I shaved and brought a high schooler home" is going to taint the anime comments thread for months to come with the poisonous discourse that poo poo will no doubt produce

My body is ready to see some pretty terrible tweets, let's do this.

Coxswain Balls
Jun 4, 2001

That one seems like it could be interesting since it's a drama at least. Is it decent if I'm not the kind of person who cares about internet hot takes?

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

The manga was alright, decent drama, dunno how much further the LN is or what happens ahead of the manga. Did have a very unintentionally funny panel where the mangaka revealed that they had no idea how to draw butts.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The mc is a nice guy who isn't a Nice Guy, he specifically goes out of his way to avoid the situation that she felt like she needed to do to have a roof over her head, but it still addresses the awkwardness of the situation. I don't know where the manga is now but it's an interesting drama, I think the last chapter of it I read had a confrontation with a terrible pickup artist ex. The comments for it on mangadex were a straight up trash fire of humanity and I can only imagine the anime's will be worse. Just the most vile deluge of "she's not a virgin so throw her in the dumpster" MRA types who absolutely will not under any circumstance consider her a human being because she used her body out of desperation to get shelter. I don't know if it as a series will stick the landing, but it's a decent drama that frequently confronts the issues headfirst rather than keeping them to the side.

Captain Invictus fucked around with this message at 09:06 on Apr 2, 2021

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i dont need to hear about mangadex commenters being sexist frankly

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

also its decent. it manages to thread a lot of difficult needles okay, though id say it never really excels beyond having characters who bounce off each other pretty well. though there's a few kinda goofy pantyshots that feel like they ruin the point a bit lol, but its not series ruining i feel like just kinda funny. theres still definitely a selfinsert fantasy aspect to it but at least the fantasy is 'making a couple of teenagers' lives better'

i think the aspect of it that does work is how relatively casual the acts of good will are, it makes it feel more genuine. like the ol side character/love interest for the guy being established as a decent person by seeing the high school girl out late, thinking shes just recently ran away from home, and sitting next to her and going 'well, you won't get in trouble if you're with a guardian, so I'll be here until the last train. Just think it over.'

its nothing amazing but given the premise it could be bad in a lot of ways so it feeling fairly genuine and human is nice, even if its not exceptional.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 10:39 on Apr 2, 2021

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

update: reread all of 'shaved and brought a high school girl home,' its decent but not exceptional yea. though theres one bit thats really weirdly handled (mild spoilers, sexual assault mention) playboy type the girl shacked up with previously who had sex with her gets involved in her life, pressures her to take him home with her, suggests sex, pushes her down and shes scared, and then hes shoved out of the house, he and the protag have a big debate and he leaves and he... keeps? being a character in the manga? like the gyaru side charcater girl smacks him and has him apologize to the girl he both sexually abused and tried to rape earlier and then hes just... around? he doesnt do anything and theres no redemption arc for him or anything but theres a later scene of him and the high school girl chatting about a few random plot elements, not super friendly or anything but just like he's a guy who's there and... what? what is that.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
Wait he's actively conversing with the girls? I figured it would be, if anything, one of those "don't talk to them, you might have to work in the same place as them but just don't interact" sorts of awkward situations, but now he's just another character in the series? Dude's a psychopath, she's just working at a 7-11, she could probably find another one to work at pretty easily. The series handles a lot of things relatively well but that feels like dropping the ball.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Captain Invictus posted:

Wait he's actively conversing with the girls? I figured it would be, if anything, one of those "don't talk to them, you might have to work in the same place as them but just don't interact" sorts of awkward situations, but now he's just another character in the series? Dude's a psychopath, she's just working at a 7-11, she could probably find another one to work at pretty easily. The series handles a lot of things relatively well but that feels like dropping the ball.
It's not a recurring thing but it happens like once or twice after that scene. And yeah, it's strange. He's not a big enough part of the series for it to be like, a huge deal, but it feels pretty random and pointless. Like, him not adding anything after that makes it even more bizarre.

cave emperor
Sep 1, 2016

im going to watch the motorcycle slice of life show

psyer
Mar 26, 2013
Shows that I will most watch this:

- Godzilla: Singular Point: I enjoyed the first episode of Godzilla and I am interested in the combo of Bones/Orange.

- Farewell, My Dear Cramer: I liked the manga except that it had an abrupt ending that really does not end it. It seemed like the author got tired of doing it or ran out material since I doubt it was getting cancelled due to it selling fairly well . It is also nice that they were trying to promote women's soccer/football. The author is by Naoshi Arakawa, the guy that did Your Lie in April, but the story is very different from that. It is essentially a shounen sports manga. I do have doubts about the animation quality of it based off the trailer but animation quality and sports anime are usually pretty bad except for a few.

- Megalobox 2: Nomad: I liked season 1 so I should give this a chance.

- SSSS.Dynazenon: I enjoyed Gridman and am interested in what this does.

As for others, I will watch an episode or two based off of what other people think about the other shows.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My Hero Academia: I'll catch up with this one after the first proper episode is out
Godzilla SP: I just watched the first episode and I like what it's putting down
Shaman King: I loved the manga as a teen and I hope this gets a reliable subber while it's in Netflix jail
Megalobox 2: You know I gotta go with Joe
SSSS.Dynazenon: I'm waiting for Gura and Ina's watchalong tonight to start this one
Thunderbolt Fantasy: I missed Tired Man and Vape Wizard's Quest for Bad Swords

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

I saw there's a kabaddi anime, never heard of that sport before so I learned something new, however the pv looked rather ugly and poorly animated which I feel is bad for a contact sport anime

Willo567
Feb 5, 2015

Cheating helped me fail the test and stay on the show.
I shall be watching robomen and zombos

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

First episode of Dynazenon is off to a running start.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

No idea what's going on in Dynazenon, which is about what I expected.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

GorfZaplen posted:

I saw there's a kabaddi anime, never heard of that sport before so I learned something new, however the pv looked rather ugly and poorly animated which I feel is bad for a contact sport anime

I've watched like 3 animes i think where they randomly play kabaddi in like 1 ep and the rest of the show is about something completely different.