Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Kinda odd that that is not a GWP. It's roughly $15 worth of points. I mean if you turned them in.

The sticker it comes with increases the value quite a bit, I'd think. Without that it would be an easy BL-able set.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
What time do the new sets usually go live on the shop? Midnight Eastern in the US?

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Mar 31, 2021

parque bynch
Mar 12, 2004

R.I.P. Side-Scrolling Link: we hardly knew ye...
Has anyone had any experience with the LEGO store in Chicago's Water Tower shopping centre recently? I'm going to be in the area right around opening tomorrow and didn't know if I should order online tonight or try to get it in person if I could be there maybe half an hour before opening.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Lizard Combatant posted:

More space ships for me then, losers. :colbert:

Echoing other's sentiments for some Soviet stuff though. Sputnik or Vostok seem like the obvious choices, really I just want some minifigs in those early suits.

Digging cosmonauts plz.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

I can't help but wonder how long it'll take for an MOC of the booster tank and SRBs to come out in compatible scale to the new Orbiter model.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

I managed to get the Shuttle in my cart and redeemed a VIP Classic Space coin, but I'm not seeing the Ulysses in the VIP Rewards.
And of course the Cart is really struggling to load.

Ahh, took 20 minutes, but got my order placed. Still not seeing Ulysses.

Pyroclastic fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Apr 1, 2021

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Pyroclastic posted:

I managed to get the Shuttle in my cart and redeemed a VIP Classic Space coin, but I'm not seeing the Ulysses in the VIP Rewards.
And of course the Cart is really struggling to load.

Ahh, took 20 minutes, but got my order placed. Still not seeing Ulysses.

It was delayed, don't be worrying about it tonight.

w00tazn
Dec 25, 2004
I don't say w00t in real life
I guess they brought back the space rocket ride GWP? I got that added to my cart with the shuttle.

Also tonight was the first time that I've ever seen a queue to get into the store website lol.

Edit: wow forgot i had redeemed some VIP keychain code TWO ORDERS ago and didn't redeem it on the shuttle :(

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Too bad the shuttle doesnt give enough points for the ulysses but the probe doesn't look that good anyway. Still bit the bullet on the shuttle though!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

El Burbo posted:

Too bad the shuttle doesnt give enough points for the ulysses but the probe doesn't look that good anyway. Still bit the bullet on the shuttle though!

It's more than $300 worth of purchase points. Or $150 on the rare double points.

In other words, it is extremely overpriced for a sticker.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Shuttle is acquired, and just in time. My fiancé finished the piano build this morning so now it’s my turn to flex them Lego fingers.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
LEGO officially announced the Venom bust (and a couple other things) and while I thought it looked pretty sharp from the front-on view, holy poo poo - I just about died when I saw his underbite.

Ineptitude
Mar 2, 2010

Heed my words and become a master of the Heart (of Thorns).
That is their April Fools joke :ssh:

OperaMouse
Oct 30, 2010

Ineptitude posted:

That is their April Fools joke :ssh:

On LinkedIn there were SmartBricks that automatically move away just before you would step on them.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Carbohydrates posted:

LEGO officially announced the Venom bust (and a couple other things) and while I thought it looked pretty sharp from the front-on view, holy poo poo - I just about died when I saw his underbite.

Now I want a Beavis Lego set.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Leaks!

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Road Runner looking swole as gently caress.

Also lol at cheese slopes depicting actual cheese

Earth
Nov 6, 2009
I WOULD RATHER INSERT A $20 LEGO SET'S WORTH OF PLASTIC BRICKS INTO MY URETHRA THAN STOP TALKING ABOUT BEING A SCALPER.
College Slice
I look forward to reading posts about how the PC police are after Lola’s hot bod.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Does that road runner have TOES

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Rabbit Season sign, sold!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

How is there a Lola but no Elmer Fudd

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Lola features heavily in the new cartoon from what I've seen, also Space Jam 2.

Zefiel
Sep 14, 2007

You can do whatever you want in life.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Too expensive to make a mold for a double barrel shotgun that they would never ever reuse again :v:

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
stop wasting new molds on licensed characters' heads

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Would a mold forbugs bunny's head cost as much a mold for a normal piece? They'd presumably be used for a single run and have to be less durable...

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Leaflet pic:

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
Happy for fans, zero interest for me.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Scipiotik posted:

Yeah, somehow these read even less as Lego than the Disney or Simpsons sets. Which is impressive in its own way but doesn't really hold much appeal to me. If I wanted a 2" Looney Tunes figure I could probably go out and get one without Lego needing to make one.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I can definitely see that a quick glance at them doesn't read as Lego at all. I don't see the point.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

I’m more interested in the supposed Marvel CMFs later in the year.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Big Mean Jerk posted:

How is there.... girl Porky Pig and Speedy Gonzales and no Fudd?

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Oxyclean posted:

How is there.... girl Porky Pig and Speedy Gonzales and no Fudd?

Petunia Pig. I'm guessing it was either that they didn't want to do explicitly human figures or a conscious choice to avoid the gun.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Cloks posted:

Petunia Pig. I'm guessing it was either that they didn't want to do explicitly human figures or a conscious choice to avoid the gun.

Isn't Speedy considered very racist nowadays? Or am I mixing him up with another character?

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

Waltzing Along posted:

Isn't Speedy considered very racist nowadays? Or am I mixing him up with another character?

I vaguely recall reading that despite being a caricature, he’s generally accepted due to being clever and heroic (in comparison to the lesser-known Slowpoke Rodriguez character, who…leans more into unfortunate stereotypes).

Pepe LePew is out for being a sex pest - perhaps that’s who you’re thinking of?

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Cloks posted:

Oh, I'm dumb and I'm mixing up Fudd and Sam, but I suppose the same reasons could apply to both.

Waltzing Along posted:

I thought I remember hearing something about him being downplayed these days because of something like that, but I guess not.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Waltzing Along posted:

I have a Hispanic friend who is VERY passionate defender of Speedy Gonzalez. Because he's usually the hero of his cartoons and doesn't lean heavily into ugly stereotypes (just cliche ones), I was told he has a free pass to keep existing. I think that because he's the most popular Mexican character in popular media, he's generally forgiven for being occasionally clunky.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Scipiotik posted:

They’re a must buy for me. I freaking love Looney Tunes.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

It's looking like they anticipated the demand for the Shuttle and crowding the site last night wasn't necessary.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Why doesn’t Bugs have a duck season sign?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

And Tweety has an anti-tank rocket launcher.

(yes I know it's supposed to be a mallet)