Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
poll
This poll is closed.
answer 1 9 8.33%
answer 2 15 13.89%
answer 3 48 44.44%
answer 4 36 33.33%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Help Im Alive posted:

Is it ok to just ignore the rampage quests in MH Rise I don't wanna do these

there's a couple you'll have to do to progress, and i haven't done any beyond those in my run so far

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I was going to say the Vamp fight was refreshingly normal but then it had the bullshit method of killing him and just ugh. There's nothing worse in a boss fight than demanding a specific solution without giving any clues to how to solve it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

thinking about the time in monster hunter you climb the tower of babel to fight cthulu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PRTvIl7dt3w

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Rarity posted:

I was going to say the Vamp fight was refreshingly normal but then it had the bullshit method of killing him and just ugh. There's nothing worse in a boss fight than demanding a specific solution without giving any clues to how to solve it

Yeah, I wasn't a fan of The Sorrow for the same reason

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
The Sorrow is really straightforward, though. "Don't run into the ghosts" doesn't seem like it needs a lot of explanation.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

you Have to do it like three times, and then in the endgame it has disproportionately good rewards but you don't have to do it. i'll say it gets a lot better in multiplayer though, when you have multiple people managing the turrets and doing crowd control

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Cardiovorax posted:

The Sorrow is really straightforward, though. "Don't run into the ghosts" doesn't seem like it needs a lot of explanation.

Yeah but advancing from the end of the fight to the rest of the game does require a very specific action

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

The Rampage fights are super fun online. As someone who posted a lot about Metal Gear Survive, having another tower defense game force itself into a game that is not a tower defense game was very exciting for me, especially since Survive's multiplayer modes RULE but no one plays online anymore. Unfortunately, though the Rampage missions are fun, they're way too easy to be a comparable experience

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

haveblue posted:

Yeah but advancing from the end of the fight to the rest of the game does require a very specific action

Little puzzles are fun!

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

haveblue posted:

Point, although I think the solution makes enough sense in context and is foreshadowed often enough that the situation itself kinda counts as a hint.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Kerrzhe posted:

im not sure which one is worse: the vague vibe of colonialism in MHW or the sheer silliness of the quest descriptions in Rise and the old games ("hunter please! i want to go picking flowers but there's a monster somewhere in the same zip code!! kill it!!!!!")

I love the dude who asks me to kill a Barroth because it got mud on him and ruined his mushrooms.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Saint Freak posted:

Awesome. Just let me know.

So here's what I have for the PSP:

Games
Siphon Filter - Logan's Shadow
Twisted Metal Head On
ATV - Off Road Fury Pro
Need for Speed Most Wanted
Namco Museum Battle Collection
Monster Hunter Freedom
Burnout Legend
Tactics Ogre: LUCT - With case

Movies
I, Robot
Superbad
Van Helsing
Dodgeball

Emulators
ScummVM
SNES9X
gpSP
Pico Drive

Digital Games
Legend of Dragoon
Tear Ring Saga - Translated
Final Fantasy VII
Way of the Samurai Portable - Translated
Persona 3 Portable
Valkyria Chronicles 3 - Translated
Tetris
Breath of Fire IV

All of the physical stuff except for Tactics Ogre came with it when my wife bought it 4 years ago. Everything loads but I haven't really played any of them. The micro SD is only 16 gigs but you can just copy the filesystem to any FAT32 formatted card and it should run just fine.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

Harrow posted:

I think I like them because they're contrived and hokey, if that makes sense.

I mean MGS3 has a flying man with a tommy gun made out of bees that fires bee bullets which you have to painstakingly remove and disinfect through a detailed medical interface. I remember that game making more sense the more weed I had ingested.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Gripweed posted:

for the purpose of the bingo would a post like "I am never going to beat this loving game" count as post about beating a game?

I'll allow it

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

I was not really expecting today to be an INTENSE GAMING DAY but then Crosscode just dropped a small DLC update that contains a high level superboss, so I spent 4 hours beating that. It was really hard!

Arzaac
Jan 2, 2020

Harrow posted:

Something I've noticed about myself is that I'm often more critical (and a lot more verbose) about games I really love than games I don't like. I've posted a lot of detailed critical stuff about, like, BotW, FF9, and Persona 5 and stuff like that, but at the end of the day I only bothered thinking that hard about those games because I love them.

I definitely feel this but also I feel the same way about games that I hate as well. If I really hate a game or a certain mechanic I like to pick it apart and figure out why I don't like it, what went wrong, and how it could possibly be fixed.

Really the more mediocre a game is the less I care about it.

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Walla posted:

Valkyria Chronicles 3 - Translated

Did you get that yourself? I looked (a long rear end time ago, mind) and couldn't find any finished translations.

Harrow posted:

Something I've noticed about myself is that I'm often more critical (and a lot more verbose) about games I really love than games I don't like. I've posted a lot of detailed critical stuff about, like, BotW, FF9, and Persona 5 and stuff like that, but at the end of the day I only bothered thinking that hard about those games because I love them.

I used to mind flaws in bad games less because I didn't play them, but then my brain broke in the same was as Barudak's and I started playing things like yiik to pick apart for fun.

Arzaac posted:

I definitely feel this but also I feel the same way about games that I hate as well. If I really hate a game or a certain mechanic I like to pick it apart and figure out why I don't like it, what went wrong, and how it could possibly be fixed.

Really the more mediocre a game is the less I care about it.

Pretty much this yeah. I don't really care about what's good or bad in like, Destiny because I don't care about it either way at all.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

Please do them in multiplayer. I hated rampages when I tried to do them solo but doing them multiplayer is just goofy fun as four hunters run around shooting cannons at poo poo without a clue what's going on. It's much better.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Acerbatus posted:

Did you get that yourself? I looked (a long rear end time ago, mind) and couldn't find any finished translations.

I didn't translate it if that's what you mean. I found a translated copy but there's a few things that aren't translated and I only did a few missions so I'm not sure how complete it is. I don't like what they did in the 2 handheld games regarding classes. Too much grind.

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Talking about bad games, my favorite game is Fire Emblem Fates and is a very bad game in nearly every sense of the word. I absolutely love the changes to skills, weapons and combat but most people hate those parts too. It becomes hard to discuss because people seem to love to hate it and every discussion devolves into how horrible it is.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

FlowerRhythmREMIX posted:

Watching Hunting Horn Weapon videos so I can be useful in my weekend MP monhun session. How's everyone else doing today?

I need to practice Glaive a bit for the same reason. I feel like I’m getting good at Lance, I need to see if I can get as good with Glaive

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Walla posted:

I didn't translate it if that's what you mean. I found a translated copy but there's a few things that aren't translated and I only did a few missions so I'm not sure how complete it is. I don't like what they did in the 2 handheld games regarding classes. Too much grind.

I was wondering if you'd found the translated copy (and where) was all, though now that I know about it I'll just look myself. :v:

Walla posted:

Talking about bad games, my favorite game is Fire Emblem Fates and is a very bad game in nearly every sense of the word. I absolutely love the changes to skills, weapons and combat but most people hate those parts too. It becomes hard to discuss because people seem to love to hate it and every discussion devolves into how horrible it is.

I think a lot of the changes are interesting, but honestly ultimately don't like a lot of things like how a lot of weapons became utterly useless. I did think having debuff weapons was really cool though.

Unbreakable weapons was interesting but I think I like how 3H went back to breakable but repairable weapons is my favorite system.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
in case anyone was wondering, the sonic comic answers an important question

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

What annoys me the most about games I hate is that they're almost by default not bad games, but rather games that I know I'd love if only they didn't do something that's important to me really badly. Bad games just make me go 'pff, trash' and never think about them again. Games that could've been great but aren't due to some bone-headed but ultimately avoidable developer gently caress-up are what really gets my goat.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Acerbatus posted:

Unbreakable weapons was interesting but I think I like how 3H went back to breakable but repairable weapons is my favorite system.

I prefer the unbreakable weapons but I understand why it wouldn't work for 3 Houses.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Thread is getting really Tarantino now

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

FE: Awakening solved that by not having any feet. :)

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

stop, stop!! feet pics were not on anyone's bingo cards!

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Why is that picture everywhere? I mean, it's on the drat store listing on the Switch! Is that some mega important scene or something?

New Super Metis posted:

stop, stop!! feet pics were not on anyone's bingo cards!

And whose fault is that? :mad:

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Cardiovorax posted:

Point, although I think the solution makes enough sense in context and is foreshadowed often enough that the situation itself kinda counts as a hint.

Yeah agreed, it's definitely not nearly as egregious as the vamp thing, just reminded me of it.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
pull up thread

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Walla posted:

Why is that picture everywhere? I mean, it's on the drat store listing on the Switch! Is that some mega important scene or something?

No it's just funny

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Walla posted:

it's geralt of rivia's feet, what do you mean it's not important

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

pull up thread

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Needs more Wario.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Looper posted:

in case anyone was wondering, the sonic comic answers an important question

is this a sex thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

homeless snail posted:

is this a sex thing

I assumed the important thing is Sonic doesn't have a penis.