Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
I made applewood and green onion smoked burgers. They're so drat delicious it's painful.

They look a little dry but they're not because all the delicious fat is just in there waiting for you. I never make good burgers and I'm really drat proud of these.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

fcuckkkk

BlankSystemDaemon
Mar 13, 2009

I've spent the last two days with quite a severe stomach bug..

So I'm probably not gonna be burging at the place I burged at.

GTO
Sep 16, 2003

Could have been the chocolate shake...

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

I burged

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

Fuckin' burger renaissance these days

beerinator
Feb 21, 2003
Double patty with American slices and bacon jam. The bun is King Arthur Flour's potato bun recipe.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
My dear sweet Lord that's gorgeous.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yes that looks great and the buns are :discourse:

Democratic Pirate
Feb 17, 2010

beerinator posted:

Double patty with American slices and bacon jam. The bun is King Arthur Flour's potato bun recipe.

Oh he’s ready for his close up

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

beerinator posted:

Welp gonna be buying burg supplies on the way home, I know what's for dinner now

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES
I caught up on the burg thread, it made me hungry for a burg, so I burg'd:

2x2x2 burg cheese bacon with all the fixins. Proper!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
excellent!

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Blackbird Sesame Bun, 1/2# TJ's Butcher's Blend, Mortadella, Tasso Ham, Giardiniera, Gruyere, Garlic Fries, House Ketchup, Lemon Oregano Aioli.

It was delicious.

Veritek83
Jul 7, 2008

The Irish can't drink. What you always have to remember with the Irish is they get mean. Virtually every Irish I've known gets mean when he drinks.

burger joint that used to do pop-ups got a brick & mortar location recently, so I picked up their namesake Cobra burger and pickle fries (I think they brine the potatoes and season with pickling spices) and some cool stickers

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

Going into serious running training tomorrow so today was a last hurrah

Getta Brisket with an extra patty and reaper sauce

Olpainless
Jun 30, 2003
... Insert something brilliantly witty here.

iajanus posted:

Going into serious running training tomorrow so today was a last hurrah

Getta Brisket with an extra patty and reaper sauce

That is a serious burger but I'm not sure the flamethrower making GBS threads from the reapers is going to help you run

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Impossible meat mushroom & swiss burg

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
That looks extremely spot on. And those fries tho!!

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZCdcjo2V_c

I've actually had most of these for once.

The bacon and avo is everywhere down here, it's one of the standards, as mentioned earlier we had a place that did pimento cheese burgers (and pimento cheese fries) and I had a goober somewhere as well.

Guess I should make a combo to round out the list.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:lol: how many times an episode does he burn himself goddamn

maybe I make a pimento burg this weekend

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?
TRIGGER WARNING FOR SEPPOS - FISH AND CHIP SHOP BURGER

Visited my hometown and went to my favourite fish and chip shop, Samo's Fish Bar in Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia.

They do ridiculous battered chips, creamy on the inside and super crunchy on the outside.

They're burgers are a bit ridiculous and what comes to mind for fish and chip shop burgers for me, they're essentially a salad roll + beef patty. Beef is like a loose rissole/meatball mix - finely minced beef with (I assume) bread crumbs, eggs and onion which is smashed on a flat top. The plain burger has lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, beetroot, grilled onions and BBQ sauce as standard. The lot adds a fried egg and tinned pineapple.

Plain burger

The lot

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
Oh man that sounds and looks delicious but if I tried to serve that exact burger in Texas I'd be disowned. So is it pickled beet root? I want to get it right when I destroy my whole family's trust in me with a few The Lots.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Are smashburgs with impossible meat something that work? I’ve never had the product, and I’m not even sure you can buy it in a form useful for that.

Big Willy Style
Feb 11, 2007

How many Astartes do you know that roll like this?

fizzymercury posted:

Oh man that sounds and looks delicious but if I tried to serve that exact burger in Texas I'd be disowned. So is it pickled beet root? I want to get it right when I destroy my whole family's trust in me with a few The Lots.

It's canned beetroot, I don't think it is pickled, just been boiled till tender, sliced and then canned in its own juices I assume. It's not vinegary at all. it's very ubiquitous here:

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

Are smashburgs with impossible meat something that work? I’ve never had the product, and I’m not even sure you can buy it in a form useful for that.

Casu Marzu posted:

Impossible meat mushroom & swiss burg

It works just fine

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof
holy poo poo this thread is fuckin killin it lately.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Big Willy Style posted:

Visited my hometown and went to my favourite fish and chip shop, Samo's Fish Bar in Rockhampton, Queensland, Australia.

They do ridiculous battered chips, creamy on the inside and super crunchy on the outside.

They're burgers are a bit ridiculous and what comes to mind for fish and chip shop burgers for me, they're essentially a salad roll + beef patty. Beef is like a loose rissole/meatball mix - finely minced beef with (I assume) bread crumbs, eggs and onion which is smashed on a flat top. The plain burger has lettuce, grated carrot, cucumber, beetroot, grilled onions and BBQ sauce as standard. The lot adds a fried egg and tinned pineapple.

Plain burger

The lot

is it too early to get a fish sandwich? nah

Jorge Bell
Aug 2, 2006
I love burgors!

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

loving love a good fisho burger. Beetroot or not, pineapple definitely not.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
There's a fish and chip shop near me that I order from when I want flithy and delicious burgs. My usual is their meat lovers burg. Patty, bacon, cheese, caramelized onions, BBQ and aioli. It's not a pretty burger, but it is loving delicious and dense. But I do not make a habit of getting one, cause if I did I'd already be dead.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Big Willy Style posted:

I dunno sounds like something a middle aged finnish man would quite enjoy to me.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I have made the Luther Burger, bacon cheeseburger between donut

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
^^ gently caress yes.
Also, love the glass and the beer.

I also made a couple speedy double burgs.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
^^bacon cheeseburger solidarity

Bacon guacamole cheeseburger. My favorite go to.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

Proof
I'm thinking I'm gonna have to thaw out some ground beef and fresh jalapenos and see how smash patties work when smashed with onions and peppers in 'em.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
imo they're gonna release a bunch of moisture and you won't get as good of a crust

qutius
Apr 2, 2003
NO PARTIES

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm thinking I'm gonna have to thaw out some ground beef and fresh jalapenos and see how smash patties work when smashed with onions and peppers in 'em.

Cook them both down first if you're still shooting for a smasher with good crust.

Or, make a smash sauce with onion and peppers in the sauce and dress it up well, which could be quite good too

Torquemada
Oct 21, 2010

Drei Gläser
Decent 80-20 from a guy on the market with only pepper added.
Get a crust, salt and flip: top the crust with cheese

DO IT AGAIN

Toast yer bun, add burger sauce. In this case: kewpie mayo, ketchup, mustard, pecan smoke flavour, Valentina, pepper, chopped onions and gherkins.

Eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

goddamn