Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
Hello, all. Tomorrow will be the last day for submitting entries.

edit: a most shameful snipe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Military precision

I'm aware of some interesting ideas in the works, hopefully they will have time to post

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

I'm sure we can come to some sort of arrangement to extend the deadline. On an unrelated subject, here's the link to my latest nft:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

I will post my absurd technological failure before the deadline inshallah

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

i played around with trying to use data from the green channel in the blue channel - using an overlay, mixing light modes, trying to see if i could pretend there was more detail in that channel. it was dumb.

here's a real stab, straightforward

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Anyone else still working on their entry?

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Alright, then! The challenge is now closed. Voting ends Sunday.

Here are the entries:

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

bobmarleysghost

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

Too Many Birds

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

~~~~☆☆☆ape☆☆☆~~~~

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009
----------seravid----------

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Voting for Too Many Birds, for the atmospheric change, which gives me the most to consider in editing future work.

Special mention to seravid and bellows lugosi, for efforts to present something different with a compositionally limited source image.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Just a couple more hours to vote!

Mine goes to Too Many Birds

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

And we have a winner. Congratulations, Too Many Birds! I found that subtle cold light in a sea of yellow and brown tones fascinating, well done.

Whenever you get a chance, please post one of your RAW files (can be a DNG like Ric did) here so we can begin a new challenge.

Too Many Birds
Jan 8, 2020

TIFF HERE

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

That was fast

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

dope pic

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Colour/contrast to my taste, to give a good separation of colours. Removed colour fringing on the horse. No dust spotting because life's too short. Rotated and skewed entirely unnecessarily to offer something different.

Ric fucked around with this message at 11:44 on Apr 5, 2021

Ric
Nov 18, 2005

Apocalypse dude

Considered cloning out the horse and replacing it with the red bull buggy, but think we're still a few weeks off that

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

Ric posted:

Considered cloning out the horse and replacing it with the red bull buggy, but think we're still a few weeks off that

agreed but i look forward to the day

charliebravo77
Jun 11, 2003

Might revisit this but I'm feeling this for now.

Sleepytime
Dec 21, 2004

two shots of happy, one shot of sad

Soiled Meat
Nice picture / what have I done.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Fools Infinite
Mar 21, 2006
Journeyman

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

interesting trend so far is to straighten the horizon more, letting the horse run flat, at the expense of giving the horse visual room to run away in. the horse as an object vs. the horse as a character.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Ric posted:

No importing assets from other sources :colbert:

bellows lugosi posted:

interesting trend so far is to straighten the horizon more, letting the horse run flat, at the expense of giving the horse visual room to run away in. the horse as an object vs. the horse as a character.

I say let the horse(s) roam free

ape
Jul 20, 2009

Prolonged Panorama
Dec 21, 2007
Holy hookrat Sally smoking crack in the alley!

I went pretty hard with the heal brush, cropped to 1.85:1 for that Netflix Original feeling.

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

We used to go horseback riding through the desert. We would roam until sundown.

bobmarleysghost fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Apr 6, 2021

nadav
Sep 6, 2005
My last name is actually something very jewish. Like Leibovitz, only longer. And more jewish.

Had to clean up that beautiful mane a bit.

Health Services
Feb 27, 2009

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

We'll be closing this challenge tomorrow. If anyone hasn't posted their entry yet and need more time, let us know.

SuicidalSmurf
Feb 12, 2002

This whole thread owns. Amazing the different interpretations everyone brings.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Challenge closed! Voting starts now and ends Thursday 15th. Plenty of entries to choose from:

bobmarleysghost
Mar 7, 2006

~ ~ a p e ~ ~

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

My vote is for bellows lugosi because I feel the brightness and contrast fit the scene best. A lot of other people also have too much green/sick in the dead grass. Sleepy, health and suicidal in particular

Megabound fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Apr 12, 2021

bellows lugosi
Aug 9, 2003

real nap poo poo is the only one beyond mine i really dig in terms of capturing the mood of death but it's cursed by the aspect ratio (but i still think it's the best)

nadav
Sep 6, 2005
My last name is actually something very jewish. Like Leibovitz, only longer. And more jewish.
Gonna be bellow lugosi for me

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I also do not understand prolonged and charlies aspect ratio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real nap shit
Feb 2, 2008

3:2 gang!!!

bobmarleysghost