Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Palpek posted:

It's the nano bot making its way through the arm veins, yeah it sucks but once it enters your brain the pain disappears so don't worry.
I think my nanobots broke. After my arm stopped hurting my head hurt instead. Do you think I can call Bill Gates for new ones?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

low key sex master posted:

pro-tip: after you get the shot, move your shoulder around in circles, and the next day if you can take a hot shower. Really helps loosen up the muscles!!

Can confirm both. My friend who's a nuclear medicine nurse said to rub the injection site for 20-30 seconds after injection and to keep your arm active. And this morning, hot shower was ACE at relaxing my arm. Just feels like I got a tetanus shot, besides the little bit of fatigue I'm chugging coffee through

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Got Pfzier #2 yesterday and I'm feeling mostly Pfine

Kind of feels like someone kicked me in the arm and I'm generally achy and a little lightheaded, but nothing apart from that (so far)

Vidmaster
Oct 26, 2002

ncumbered_by_idgits posted:

Not true friend. Retail pharmacies can vaccinate anyone over 18 (might be 16) if you can find an appointment.

https://www.1011now.com/2021/03/31/every-adult-in-nebraska-can-get-a-covid-vaccine-heres-how/

I got lucky and found some appointments at Hy-Vee this week. Friends have had some luck at Walmarts in smaller towns.

Edit: just want to clarify that the part about Governor Ricketts bring a piece of poo poo is factually correct.

poo poo yeah! The vaccine finder site linked in that article got us set up for tomorrow afternoon. :toot:

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I get my first moderna shot Friday. Then I'll probably get a burrito afterwards.

Talkc
Aug 2, 2010

Mizuki! Mizuki! Mizuki!
***DEVASTATINGLY HANDSOME***
Got the moderna first shot. On track to get my second not too long from now.

Still feel the urge to practically wear a hazmat suit in public with the amount of people who think the mask mandate is a threat to their civil liberties in my neck of the woods.

NC Wyeth Death Cult
Dec 30, 2005

He lost his life in Chadds Ford, he was dancing with a train.
Essential, non-healthcare-related people in my state are pretty low on the list so I went and got antibodies the hard way by getting covid. This is potentially my second time having it (last Feb/March couldn't confirm because tests were too scarce but felt exactly like this time around), too, so I think if I get the vax I should be allowed to sit out the next pandemic.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
I haven't gotten it, although technically I might be able to squeeze myself in with a technicality that could make me more vulnerable. But in reality I am pretty fit and healthy and content to wait until it is widely available for everyone in my state. I don't want to take any away from vulnerable elders, health care workers or teachers. Hopefully I will get it within the next couple months though.

NC Wyeth Death Cult posted:

Essential, non-healthcare-related people in my state are pretty low on the list so I went and got antibodies the hard way by getting covid. This is potentially my second time having it (last Feb/March couldn't confirm because tests were too scarce but felt exactly like this time around), too, so I think if I get the vax I should be allowed to sit out the next pandemic.

Thank you, sir. Seems like you got infected twice so that I never needed to, so that's real blessing.

Ralph Hurley
Aug 3, 2009

:barf::sweep::zoid:

I’m in California and can’t get mine for another 2 weeks. Both my parents have had both shots, yay.

My MIL who lives in Tennessee has declared she won’t get a vaccine. Not for any of the usual Facebook poisoned boomer reasons but for her own made up beliefs about her health. (She self diagnoses as “allergic” to everything).
But I think she will change her tune quick once she figures out she’s not seeing her granddaughter until she gets immunized.

Cabbages and Kings
Aug 25, 2004

Shall we be trotting home again?
yes, please

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Play posted:

Thank you, sir. Seems like you got infected twice so that I never needed to, so that's real blessing.

Well, it does appear that they're part of a death cult, so it might just be their thing.

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

The Bramble posted:

My MIL is a nurse and won't get one because she says they make vaccines from aborted fetuses

Tell her it was from my aborted fetus and she has my permission

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

The Bramble posted:

My MIL is a nurse and won't get one because she says they make vaccines from aborted fetuses

Well, the stem cells' origins can be traced back to pureed babies from 35-40 years ago, but aren't directly from them. Hell, even the Catholic church came out with a statement saying it wasn't immoral to get the J&J vaccine.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
First shot the only side effect was buying a zune on eBay. Wonder what side effects will happen on my second shot?

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Dear Watson posted:

First shot the only side effect was buying a zune on eBay. Wonder what side effects will happen on my second shot?

That's a pretty severe side effect, tbh

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

Cosmik Slop posted:

Kind of feels like someone kicked me in the arm and I'm generally achy and a little lightheaded, but nothing apart from that (so far)

Same, thought the actual injection was a bit more noticeable this time and I had some lightheaded spells last night too.

Fine today though.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Dear Watson posted:

First run Virtual Boy

calling it now

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i got it and now i can communicate with the machine elves

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

i did think it was weird that the doctor was warming up my vaccine in a metal spoon though

numberoneposter fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 1, 2021

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

just got my first Pfizer shot

titty_baby_
Nov 11, 2015

Got my 1st Moderna nd my arm was sore a few days but nbd. Getting second mid April. My parents already had the second and said they just felt tired but were fine. My boss and some other people I work with said the second was terrible and they felt like they had the flu the next day. Also know a guy who got j&j and said it was fine, and someone who got Pfizer and said 2nd dose sucked

Derpies
Mar 11, 2014

by sebmojo

AHH F/UGH posted:

What's it like?

lovely cough and tons of brain fog

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer

numberoneposter posted:

i did think it was weird that the doctor was warming up my vaccine in a metal spoon though

Do you feel yourself wanting more of those sweet sweet antibodies? If so, that was probably black tar heroin. My conservative family says it's just as effective.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem

Sid Vicious posted:

just got my first Pfizer shot

Congrats Sid

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Which shot will make me grow some perky titties?

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell
At the current pace I might get vaccinated in 2023, yay for EU

Dr. Gojo Shioji
Apr 22, 2004

Obfuscation posted:

At the current pace I might get vaccinated in 2023, yay for EU

Well, the US dropped the ball on initial response, so we had a deeper hole to climb out of relative to just about everyone else.

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Inject it into my rear end or don't bother.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

i got home from getting it and threw up on the floor lmao

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Maybe the cure really is worse than if we had never had this pandemic happen in the first place.

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

Linux Pirate posted:

I get my first moderna shot Friday. Then I'll probably get a burrito afterwards.

Don't do it. Dave Thomas is putting microchips in burritos from beyond the grave.

That's how he gets you.

Cosmik Slop
Oct 9, 2007

What's a hole doing in my TARDIS?

Cosmik Slop posted:

Update: temp of 100.7, feeling like I ran a marathon. If it gets higher I reckon I'll take a Tylenol

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Heran Bago posted:

They are loving it up bad in Germany.

One friend that's not in a priority group got the first shot due to a processing error. It's apparently common. They brought it up and it was recommend to just take it and be grateful. Meanwhile several old people and folks in risk groups still can't get an appointment.

I work in a government office and there is no chance of getting it anytime soon. No estimates.

Silver lining is that the major conservative party is shooting themselves in the foot. They're pissing off younger voters by perceived lenience of lockdowns, flip-flopping on policies, and the slow rollout. Their voter base of older folks are just dieing more than necessary.
The state leaders also have a surprising amount of decision making re: lockdowns, and are also loving it up. Saarland still plans to fully end lockdown after easter.

That doesn't work here because conservatives just make it harder for people to vote but it doesn't matter because neither party is interested in helping people anyway.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Vidmaster posted:

poo poo yeah! The vaccine finder site linked in that article got us set up for tomorrow afternoon. :toot:

:hfive:

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
I'm not even sure the vaccine works so I am not going to get it. Maybe after 10 years of testing like regular vaccines that aren't rushed to market.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Pookum posted:

I'm not even sure the vaccine works so I am not going to get it. Maybe after 10 years of testing like regular vaccines that aren't rushed to market.

Ooof. One of those, huh?

The vaccines loving work. They've been doing more and more studies on them, recently they did one where dozens of people in the placebo group got covid and literally none in the vaccinated group. Also, they can't hurt you. It's funny because people put all kinds of poo poo in their bodies they don't understand, and also eat and drink things containing stuff that hasn't been proven to be safe, but all the sudden when it's a health care professional telling you to get something that's actually been studied quite a lot already (there's a global pandemic on, if you hadn't noticed, so it's kind of a priority) it's all bill gates microchips and genetic-altering tools of Satan.

Also the way the chuds are passing around a single story about someone who happened to die after they had one of their shots, it's pretty clear that, in fact, people have been perfectly safe taking the vaccine. If it was otherwise, believe me we'd be hearing a LOT about it.

If you actually understand the science behind how it was created you'd understand that there is no reason why it would or could hurt you.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
why engage

hakimashou
Jul 15, 2002
Upset Trowel

Pookum posted:

Mental illness?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
Don't feed the trolls

Orrrrr

They are so stupid that they're not worth talking to.

Separately though I am so frustrated to be honest I know someone who's very intelligent and who's waiting in case the vaccines you know get you ill down the road. The problem with that reasoning is that the danger from coronavirus is known it's like gambling and I used to gamble all the time. They are making a bad bad Gamble