Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

:eyepop:
she knows her audience

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

I don't know poo poo about fashion but I feel like layering lacy thigh highs over fishnets against a vinyl corset is some kind of no-no

Sentinel
Jan 1, 2009

High Tech
Low Life

Palpek posted:

Mikhaila's instagram sure is something

She's not vigorously defending her reef from rivals.
1/10

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Guys have we ever actually seen Jordan and Mikhaila in the same room together?? just asking questions here

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
My god. Their grift is just getting more and more obvious with the passing of time.

Maybe it was a little permissible to buy into his poo poo like 5-10 years ago when it was more limited to the self-help scam, but imagine looking at Jorp and his daughter now and not realizing it's some kind of marketing thing.

Macichne Leainig
Jul 26, 2012

by VG

Grimdude posted:

My god. Their grift is just getting more and more obvious with the passing of time.

Maybe it was a little permissible to buy into his poo poo like 5-10 years ago when it was more limited to the self-help scam, but imagine looking at Jorp and his daughter now and not realizing it's some kind of marketing thing.

Yes, but that would require Jorp fans to be able to admit that they are wrong and I don't see that happening.

Grimdude
Sep 25, 2006

It was a shame how he carried on
The perfect grift: center it around being intellectual and the people following will be too scared of being wrong to stop giving you money.

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

literally any time jorbam peeperson gets called on his bullshit from now on, he's just going to go "oh noooo my akathasia is acting up, gotta go!" or his daughter will swoop in to cover for him

he will never really be forced to explain any of the dumb hypothetical poo poo he comes up with in any serious manner and his fanbase is still going to love him for it and pile on the sympathy

lol

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

ben shapino posted:

he will never really be forced to explain any of the dumb hypothetical poo poo he comes up with in any serious manner and his fanbase is still going to love him for it and pile on the sympathy

How is this especially different from how he behaved before he hosed himself right up?

ben shapino
Nov 22, 2020

Puppy Time posted:

How is this especially different from how he behaved before he hosed himself right up?

Well, he was still agreeing to things like the zizek debate and doing interviews where people called him on his poo poo and made him look like an idiot. There's a super convenient excuse to avoid all that now and you know he's going to take it whenever he can

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

I can't answer any more questions, the akathisia *points at leg* the akathisia, you know, is a terrible thing, I'm suffering like you can't imagine man, like noone suffered before man, I can't put my thoughts together at all man. But before I go I just want to say that all that's bad in the world is because of the postmodern neo-marxists aka the radical left, I don't mean anything by this, don't misrepresent my words, just saying, goodbye.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1377481730924425220

Ah yes. Stone Age education is the most importantest of initiatives.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

Nobody Interesting posted:

Is Alberta chudtown?

Private Cumshoe
Feb 15, 2019

AAAAAAAGAGHAAHGGAH

Nobody Interesting posted:

stick with the tried and true methods, like the abacus

Hipster Occultist
Aug 16, 2008

He's an ancient, obscure god. You probably haven't heard of him.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Is Alberta chudtown?

His grandfather's jazz music is on the curriculum

So yeah, kinda

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Is Alberta chudtown?

We are Canada's Texas

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

One way, dead end... Street signs are such fitting metaphors for the human condition.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Is Alberta chudtown?

We're the 51st state!

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Albera is chudtown but the new curriculum is good actually and Kenney is spinning it as a return to the old ways or something when it's not that at all.

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Call Your Grandma posted:

Albera is chudtown but the new curriculum is good actually and Kenney is spinning it as a return to the old ways or something when it's not that at all.

I hope you don't think a return to a strong Eurocentric, Christian point of view is a good thing, because it's not. The lack of transparency in building the curriculum is also concerning.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

Call Your Grandma posted:

:dafuq:

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

Criticisms about teaching kids history too early might be valid, but they do actually go into progressive topics that weren't covered before. The Kenney grandfather is funny and dumb but other than that most of the criticisms seem narrow. You get quotes like this:

quote:

Yvonne Poitras Pratt, a University of Calgary associate professor who specializes in Indigenous education, said the curriculum is a perfunctory nod to broader First Nations culture while focusing on its role in the European migration.

“What I see in K to 6 is very much a celebratory story about the colonial side of our history, where the Indigenous people are more of an add-on to this bigger colonial story,” she said.

“They’re not looking deep inside at the negative impacts of the colonial past on Indigenous peoples.

“If you think of the Metis, for instance, there’s none of the inclusion of the ways in which the scrip process was flawed (and) in which lands were taken away.”

Dwayne Donald, a University of Alberta associate professor of education focusing on Indigenous curriculum, agreed.

Donald said in the proposed curriculum, the Indigenous experience seems bolted onto a timeline, a box to be checked off. The Indigenous experience suffuses the North American experience, he said, and the curriculum needs to draw on that accumulated wisdom and worldview.

and this:

quote:

Former Grand Chief Wilton Littlechild, a former member on the Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada, says he’s delighted that Alberta was the first province to publicly declare that it was launching its own initiative to develop mandatory curriculum on treaties and residential schools for all students in an age-appropriate way.

“We believed that education, in general, is the key to reconciliation,” said Littlechild.

“I am honoured to be a validator of the new education curriculum and look forward to its transforming and positive change,” he said in a written statement.

LaGrange says Indigenous teachers and elders were involved in the development of the curriculum and “have been able to influence when is the best time to have these conversations.”

talking about the exact same thing and that reads like someone doesn't like the way an important thing is being taught and missing that it is being taught now and that's a pretty important step forward.

Nobody Interesting
Mar 29, 2013

There was an argumentative post here but it came from me not reading the above thing properly so I'm crossing it out lest I get a dose of :toxx:

Nobody Interesting fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Apr 2, 2021

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Who knows, he probably can't process new information anymore and is just saying whatever.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

What the gently caress is discovery math? Is it another way to say algebra?

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Bleusilences posted:

conservatives loving hate it so it must be good for learning

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Bleusilences posted:

Discovery Maths??!?

https://youtu.be/atuEv7DyucI

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
lol jorp has just now noticed that he is a comic book villain and responded in the most appropriate fashion (shamelessly taken from the IoSM thread):

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1379288433013690369

https://twitter.com/DidymusSeth/status/1379042460697985029/photo/1

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Jorp literally being portrayed as a comicbook villain and still lacking the self-awareness to ask "Am I the baddie?" Truly, an amazing psychologist.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Even better - that story was made about three years ago, now.

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
It's not exactly an original idea. The Boys did it too. Not directly mocking JP, but all these right wing grifters use the same tactics to recruit young men.

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
Yeah, if I'd seen that comic out of context I'm pretty certain I'd have taken it only as the Red Skull using ways that apply to virtually all extremism to recruit directionless young men - the target market for virtually all extremism.

There's nothing in that that makes it overtly or specifically a JP satire/parody.

That Jorp sees that and immediately thinks they're taking a dig at him is very revealing!

Shithouse Dave
Aug 5, 2007

each post manufactured to the highest specifications

Absolute lol that jorp thinks he is cool or interesting enough to be a comic book villain

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
What kind of dorkass loser says "picayune"?

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Who What Now posted:

What kind of dorkass loser says "picayune"?

Sometimes you've got to give "bagatelle" a rest.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Red Skull is way cooler than Jordan Peterson

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

BalloonFish posted:

Yeah, if I'd seen that comic out of context I'm pretty certain I'd have taken it only as the Red Skull using ways that apply to virtually all extremism to recruit directionless young men - the target market for virtually all extremism.

There's nothing in that that makes it overtly or specifically a JP satire/parody.

That Jorp sees that and immediately thinks they're taking a dig at him is very revealing!

I thought that "ten rules for life" was a pretty direct reference to his book 12 Rules for Life. Maybe the chaos bit too? Isn't chaos dragons or some poo poo a Jorp meme?

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I'm not owned I'm not owned I scream as I shrivel into a red skull

Your Moms Ahegao
Sep 3, 2008

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

lol jorp has just now noticed that he is a comic book villain and responded in the most appropriate fashion (shamelessly taken from the IoSM thread):

https://twitter.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1379288433013690369

https://twitter.com/DidymusSeth/status/1379042460697985029/photo/1
"I'M STILL RELEVANT! I'M STILL BLOODY RELEVANT!" :qq::fh: