Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"

u brexit ukip it posted:

Could be that, despite earlier theories, Kim is alive and well and working with Saul during the events of Breaking Bad.

Maybe it was secretly her orchestrating the Saul Goodman magic, making the calls and connections and stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
In the penultimate episode Gene finds a way to travel back in time to the "present" of Season 6 and in the finale he changes the events of the timeline so that the events of Breaking Bad never happen, ultimately erasing his own existence in the process but allowing BCS-Saul to have a potentially happier ending.

However in a dark twist Hamlin ends up filling the void and becomes the new Heisenberg, setting up the new spinoff.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

So, it's likely been mentioned here ITT before, but Peter Gould has said that season six will, apparently, fundamentally change how we see Breaking Bad.

Any theories as to how?

Going to find out that Saul, Mike, & Gus were behind Combo getting shot to force Walt to cook for Gus.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Agent Escalus posted:

Maybe it was secretly her orchestrating the Saul Goodman magic, making the calls and connections and stuff

Yeah this is my pet theory too

E: but she will still keep her PD work to keep her conscience clean

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Going to find out that Saul, Mike, & Gus were behind Combo getting shot to force Walt to cook for Gus.

I wouldn't be shocked if that comic where Mike basically makes Saul do the consigliere thing on behalf of Gus to get eyes on the guy making 'blue' becomes canon and gets some screentime. Probably not everything we'd see but it starts to turn things in a different light and lends a bit more connection between the Jimmy we know and Hyper-Saul if he was initially kinda forced to take on aiding the development of a drug empire.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time

Jerusalem posted:

Francesca: Mr. Goodman, I have Kim Wexler on line 1 saying she wants to meet and talk things through, and some guy called Badger on line 2 begging for a lawyer and offering to pay whatever it takes to get out of jail.... which call do you want to take?
Shortly after, Francesca glows blue and Dr. Sam Beckett finally makes the leap... home :unsmith:

Breaking.... Good.... man

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

So, it's likely been mentioned here ITT before, but Peter Gould has said that season six will, apparently, fundamentally change how we see Breaking Bad.

Any theories as to how?

The camera pulls back from the White residence and we see it in a snow globe being held by Tommy Westphal.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Timby posted:

The camera pulls back from the White residence and we see it in a snow globe being held by Tommy Westphal.

I haven't checked but I wouldn't be surprised if the BB/BCS universe was already part of that.

Edit: Oh, lookee here...

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Apr 2, 2021

MightyJoe36
Dec 29, 2013

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

I haven't checked but I wouldn't be surprised if the BB/BCS universe was already part of that.

That's a rabbit hole I think I want to go down.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider

Wasn't Richard Belzer responsible for like 80% of that shared universe at some point?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Wasn't Richard Belzer responsible for like 80% of that shared universe at some point?

Yeah, I think he spread it to the various cop shows, and possibly XFiles.

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
detective john munch is the beating heart at the center of our tv universe.

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

A pack of Morley Cigarettes in the pilot means BB takes place in the same universe as Malcolm in the Middle and the X-files :tinfoil:

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Strawman posted:

A pack of Morley Cigarettes in the pilot means BB takes place in the same universe as Malcolm in the Middle and the X-files :tinfoil:

Yeah, pretty much.

Listen, you either accept all of the TW universe, or none of it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Wild theory as to what Peter Gould meant by season 6 changing how we see Breaking Bad... I think they'll touch on Fring's backstory, or at least what happened in Santiago.

Santiago was brought up twice in S5; once between Lalo and Bolsa, and again between Fring and Schuyler, in the hotel room. I think they're leading to explaining it a bit. Maybe it'd be one line, maybe it'd be a small monologue like Lalo talking to Hector about the hotel guy. But I think we'll have more detail given.

Also, I'm thinking that Kim either Kim uses the disappearer's services and will once in a while send Saul a postcard maybe to let him know she's ok, or she just generally goes into hiding/fakes her own death and is maybe a very silent partner for Saul.

He's not a broken man in BB, which he would be if she died, and Lalo knows about her, so I think it's likely that Saul knows she's good, but can't contact her regularly.

I've binged BB and BCS these past few weeks, so I'm neck deep in the whole universe for about the 6th time.

One neat thing I noticed and meant to bring up a while ago... I think it's either in season 2 or 3 of BB, but at one point, someone is watching an old black and white tv show with a gorilla with a machine gun. Not quite the "chimp" that Chuck calls Jimmy in BCS, and I don't think they were ever referencing that specifically, since I believe "chimp with a machine gun" wasn't something they made up for the show, but it still stuck out to me.

Edit: Kim is totally running Ice Station Zebra & Associates.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Apr 26, 2021

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
The ape with a machine gun is in Season 5 of Breaking Bad during a cooking montage where Walt and Jesse are watching the Three Stooges.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Apr 27, 2021

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

kim did the ricin cigarette swap and pinned it on huell

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

The air with a machine gun is in Season 5 of Breaking Bad during a cooking montage where Walt and Jesse are watching the Three Stooges.

Ah, thanks!

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Chadzok posted:

I wouldn't be shocked if that comic where Mike basically makes Saul do the consigliere thing on behalf of Gus to get eyes on the guy making 'blue' becomes canon and gets some screentime. Probably not everything we'd see but it starts to turn things in a different light and lends a bit more connection between the Jimmy we know and Hyper-Saul if he was initially kinda forced to take on aiding the development of a drug empire.

Yeah, my money is on something like this, Saul being shown to be more of an active player in the meth thing rather than an opportunistic buffoon who was kind of working alongside it.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Anyone else think we'll get some montage featuring a bunch of BrBa Saul scenes? I mean, it still seems weird to me that, within 13 episodes, they have to get from where they are to post-Breaking Bad.

Obviously Saul wasn't around for every single thing that went down in that show, but the whole reason he's in hiding is because of the actions and decisions of Walt, and to a lesser degree, Jesse.

I know they've already written it out and have started shooting, but like... goddamn, how's that going to shake out, as compressed as it has to be, versus how important it all was to his life and 'current' situation? :ohdear:

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
Just a montage of Bryan Cranston at various stages of Walt's arc barging in to tell Saul that they have a problem

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

maybe we'll learn the real sinister truth of that laser tag place

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
It's where he's keeping Kim cryogenically frozen until he can find a cure for her fatal illness

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

christmas boots posted:

Just a montage of Bryan Cranston at various stages of Walt's arc barging in to tell Saul that they have a problem

I'm picturing that super fat drawing of Walt from those MS Paint comics doing this.

"Saul... SAUL!!!

I'm the danger, ok?"

:kiss:

Kosmo Gallion
Sep 13, 2013
You can have Saul looking sad as Kim gets carted away to jail for conning Hamlin and a fade out to the Gene Era. This show doesn't need to cover Breaking Bad era Saul because it's old ground.

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

Anyone else think we'll get some montage featuring a bunch of BrBa Saul scenes? I mean, it still seems weird to me that, within 13 episodes, they have to get from where they are to post-Breaking Bad.

Obviously Saul wasn't around for every single thing that went down in that show, but the whole reason he's in hiding is because of the actions and decisions of Walt, and to a lesser degree, Jesse.

I know they've already written it out and have started shooting, but like... goddamn, how's that going to shake out, as compressed as it has to be, versus how important it all was to his life and 'current' situation? :ohdear:

I know what you mean but honestly, after five seasons of television gold, I trust them to come up with something good and satisfying.

BCS really is the best 'premium television' since The Wire or The Sopranos. I'm watching BB with my partner (who hasn't seen it and actually started with BCS) and it's really good, of course, but it feels like a prototype.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

Kosmo Gallion posted:

You can have Saul looking sad as Kim gets carted away to jail for conning Hamlin and a fade out to the Gene Era. This show doesn't need to cover Breaking Bad era Saul because it's old ground.

The next show is about kim working her way up to prison queenpin

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ingmar terdman posted:

The next show is about kim working her way up to prison queenpin

How do they finish the second half of the first episode?

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon
The really juice the set up and the cold calls montage.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
All I want from Season 6 is for Kim Wexler to be the one to take down Lalo Salamanca and get away with it.

SpiderHyphenMan fucked around with this message at 14:31 on Apr 30, 2021

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Lalo screams No and tries to jump away from the explosion but his legs are ripped off from the blast

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Kim will trick Lalo into jumping so high, so fast that he escapes the Earth's gravitational pull. We see Jimmy and Kim reunited at the end of the Gene story when suddenly Lalo lands nearby. He has postcards from all the planets and asteroids he visited over the years spent trying to return to Earth but these are never shown on screen.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The daft punk soundtrack will be all the more poignant

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

After everything that happened between BB and BCS so far I just want Kim to survive when the last season is all said and done.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

After everything that happened between BB and BCS so far I just want Kim to survive when the last season is all said and done.

She's absolutely behind Ice Station Zebra and Associates.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

Biscuit Hider
She’s the laser tag guy

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

MadFriarAvelyn posted:

I think the phonecall that Franscesa is meant to take for Saul on his birthday (that's a few potentionally obscure links there but they've been talked about before in the thread) is a pretty solid bet to be Kim. Seems like she might have done the vacuum cleaner deal or been disappeared in some other way, but still alive and checking in from time to time.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Chadzok posted:

I think the phonecall that Franscesa is meant to take for Saul on his birthday (that's a few potentionally obscure links there but they've been talked about before in the thread) is a pretty solid bet to be Kim. Seems like she might have done the vacuum cleaner deal or been disappeared in some other way, but still alive and checking in from time to time.

I would agree with that, but season 4 made Kim and Francesca seem very friendly to each other, and her reaction to Saul asking her about the phone call sounds like either it's not Kim, or maybe Francesca doesn't know it's Kim.

Chadzok
Apr 25, 2002

I would agree with that, but season 4 made Kim and Francesca seem very friendly to each other, and her reaction to Saul asking her about the phone call sounds like either it's not Kim, or maybe Francesca doesn't know it's Kim.

Or that she considers Kim to be just as bad as Saul and by that time wants nothing do to with either of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Chadzok posted:

I think the phonecall that Franscesa is meant to take for Saul on his birthday

I don't remember this at all.