Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Deuce
Jun 18, 2004
Mile High Club
Also Caleb possesses both direct knowledge and physical evidence that Trent mindfrays children into murdering their own parents so they can become magic child soldiers. Trent literally gets executed if Caleb brings this to the right people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Deuce posted:

Also Caleb possesses both direct knowledge and physical evidence that Trent mindfrays children into murdering their own parents so they can become magic child soldiers. Trent literally gets executed if Caleb brings this to the right people.
I really love that Astrid literally told Jester exactly who Caleb has to tell to end Trent. Gosh it would sure be horrible for Trent if Caleb went to the King, Jester, wink wink.

EDIT: More substantially there's this theme I think of- when you're abused it's so easy to believe that nobody will believe you, nobody will be on your side, if you manage to bring evidence against your accuser nobody will care. Caleb was abused on such a fundamental and institutional level that I really think it makes sense he believes that he has to solve the problem of Trent Ikithon on his own, essentially, he's added the Nein and Essek as people he trusts to help him in that but it's still his problem to solve personally. But it's... not. It's really easy to go 'well why hasn't he presented all his evidence to the monks, why doesn't he go to the King now that he's a hero to the Empire', but that's so hard to process from his position.

Trent should be pissing his pants, because I really think Caleb is starting to slowly but surely process that information, and that's not something that ends well for Trent.

PetraCore fucked around with this message at 03:20 on Mar 31, 2021

The Repo Man
Jul 31, 2013

I Remember...
I didn't know there was a new M9 Rap Battle. For anyone who enjoys these things, here is Fjord Vs. Nott:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nla9K2geC9U

The Repo Man fucked around with this message at 13:40 on Mar 31, 2021

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
I'm fully able to believe Trent isn't in bunker mode because arch mages are the dumbest intelligent people in the world (yussa, are you there? It's me, Jester!)

Pocky In My Pocket
Jan 27, 2005

Giant robots shouldn't fight!

Also, liams revelation at last nights talks that what Liam wanted from caleb trying to convince essek to work with the CA was for caleb to he caught in the bisexual tension of caleb being in the same place as astrid, eowulf, essek and jester at the same time is very funny.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002
Probation
Can't post for 59 minutes!
Taco Defender

PetraCore posted:

I really love that Astrid literally told Jester exactly who Caleb has to tell to end Trent. Gosh it would sure be horrible for Trent if Caleb went to the King, Jester, wink wink.

EDIT: More substantially there's this theme I think of- when you're abused it's so easy to believe that nobody will believe you, nobody will be on your side, if you manage to bring evidence against your accuser nobody will care. Caleb was abused on such a fundamental and institutional level that I really think it makes sense he believes that he has to solve the problem of Trent Ikithon on his own, essentially, he's added the Nein and Essek as people he trusts to help him in that but it's still his problem to solve personally. But it's... not. It's really easy to go 'well why hasn't he presented all his evidence to the monks, why doesn't he go to the King now that he's a hero to the Empire', but that's so hard to process from his position.

Trent should be pissing his pants, because I really think Caleb is starting to slowly but surely process that information, and that's not something that ends well for Trent.

Caleb probably never contemplated telling the King because he didn't have any idea what the King's reaction would be, or whether the King already knew and was in full approval of Trent's techniques. It's not like Caleb has had any inside line on the royal court. In fact it wasn't until they came back from Eiselcross the first time that there was any indication of a break between the King and the Cerberus Assembly. This tip from Astrid is extremely useful information, something that Caleb wouldn't reasonably know.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
The fact the Cobalt Soul were willing to act on Beau's information to punish one of their senior members for his crimes would probably help reassure Caleb that it's reasonably possible that maybe other people will care about other problems in the Empire too. The Assembly might be full of bastards at the top, but maybe places besides the Assembly might not be and if the leadership of the Cobalt Soul aren't, then it's at least possible the royal court isn't either.

Jetrauben
Sep 7, 2011
angered the evil eye lately

Pocky In My Pocket posted:

Also, liams revelation at last nights talks that what Liam wanted from caleb trying to convince essek to work with the CA was for caleb to he caught in the bisexual tension of caleb being in the same place as astrid, eowulf, essek and jester at the same time is very funny.

I really do love that Liam has just doubled down on "I play bisexual characters, deal with it." It's good for him to reemphasize that Caleb (and Vax) are not cishet.

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Caleb probably never contemplated telling the King because he didn't have any idea what the King's reaction would be, or whether the King already knew and was in full approval of Trent's techniques. It's not like Caleb has had any inside line on the royal court. In fact it wasn't until they came back from Eiselcross the first time that there was any indication of a break between the King and the Cerberus Assembly. This tip from Astrid is extremely useful information, something that Caleb wouldn't reasonably know.

Oh, I agree. I just think a year ago Caleb would have been too scared to tell anyone at all what happened to him.

Hulk Smash!
Jul 14, 2004

lol, Zenimax knows what it's doing. Liam and Laura are spending all their time in character creation and the cash shop during this ESO stream.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)
Matt shared on twitter that several characters are trans and it just hasn't come up! Notably Yussa.

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

A few weeks ago a major family emergency happened that has monopolized my life until the past couple days. I really do not have the time to go back and watch VODs but watching a live episode tonight sounds really good right now.

The last thing I remember is them being stuck behind the barrier and Jester dimension dooring through, then someone outside seeing a group of people and Trent approaching.

Could I get a Cliff's notes of what has happened since?

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
I was gonna suggest Dani Carr's Critical Recap videos, but apparently they're not up to current yet. As such, the best I can think is to read over the Wikia entries for the last few episodes, starting with episode 128, which is the next episode after the one you last watched. You haven't missed a huge amount though realistically.

Episode 128
  • Caleb, Jester and Nott manage to teleport out of Trent's grasp to Nicodranas
  • They pick up Veth's family and meet everyone else at The Lavish Chateau, where they notice some people watching them in the public area
  • They confront them and find out it's Astrid and Eodwulf, who tell them Trent knows where they are and is coming for them
  • Jester tells the owner to shut the place NOW, they grab Marion and Veth's family and flee to Yussa's tower
  • Yussa isn't "in" though, because he's astral projecting and no-one can manage to wake him
  • The team search his place in a panic for a way to get all ten people to safety, since they're almost out of spells themselves given they haven't had a chance to rest since expending their spells getting the medallions
  • Caleb eventually finds a scroll that'll send them someplace, but with no idea where since the goblin servant (whose name escapes me) isn't familiar with it
  • The problem is, it only teleports 8 people and they have 10
  • They decide to put a few people in the Happy Fun Ball and teleport with the remaining number while holding the ball
  • Fjord, Beau and Yasha go in to the Ball
  • Astrid bursts in the door after getting past the goblin to confront them just as Caleb is casting the teleport scroll spell; she chooses not to cast dispel, which Caleb notices

Episode 129
  • They teleport to the Fire Realm
  • Inside the Ball no-one has the magic proficiency to use the doors to get out of the initial area *whoops*
  • Yasha in a fit of anger just breaks the door they need to get through to get out the way they've gone before
  • It works, but the connection between rooms is now broken and can never be used again
  • Everyone decides to investigate a couple of remaining books Yussa left in the library after cleaning all the rest out
  • Just one peek
  • What's the worst that could happen?
  • I mean, he probably just missed those books sitting out in the open
  • Some of which are chained to the cases
  • Nothing suspicious about that though
  • Oh no, a loving anti-magic Golem!
  • Run, run, run, run!
  • They get out and join the rest in the Realm of Fire
  • Everyone else is in a cave, and they start to settle down for the night to attune to the medallions, including Marion, Yesha and Luke
  • Caleb starts ritual casting the dome
  • Veth goes to investigate outside and a Fire Demon thing spots her, then goes in to the cave to attack everyone since it's some kind of sacred ground
  • The dome isn't finished casting though, so everyone is vulnerable
  • Luke is killed in the fight, but Cad revives him
  • Veth is freaked the gently caress out because Luke just died, but Yesha convinces her that she has to at least see the mission to stop the city through; Veth is probably going to retire afterwards
  • They spend a night in the dome to recover health/spells and teleport to near the Gentleman's place in Zadash
  • Jester realizes at the last second they haven't even told him they're coming or that they're bringing Marion, and sends him a message

Episode 130
  • The Gentleman is flustered, but accepts that it's an emergency and Jester is delighted she finally Parent Trap'd them
  • The Gentleman and Marion start to reconnect and flirt, though we don't see much of it
  • Most people go to Pumat Sol's place to see if there's anything interesting
  • After a good bit of RP about shopping, reconneting etc. the crew teleport the next day to Cadecues' home in the Savileer Wood
  • Everyone has more RP where they basically make their peace with things as much as possible before possibly going off to die
  • Jester spies on Vandrin and finds him reading Tusk Love, before messaging him to ask where he is
  • He's on an island near where they sailed before
  • She tells Fjord, who is shocked but not upset
  • Beau tries to mediate on the eyes to see if she can use them or something useful
  • Instead she ends up connecting with Lucien, then breaks the connection before he can turn it back on her by giving her more eyes or something else bad
  • Yasha tries to connect with Kord and her sword but the episode ends as she's doing so

Episode 131
  • Everyone else plays lightning and thunder demons that Yasha fights alone on a battlemap
  • Yasha eventually dies before they're all dead, but her new feats mean she can't die so long as she's raging
  • She connects with Kord and presumably now has attuned to the Paladin sword that she received from Kima a short while ago
  • Cad has a talk with his sister about how he's doing what he feels right, even though he knows she should be the one going out in the world since it's her dream etc.
  • He may retire after this too; I can't recall if he definitively said so, but someone else a few pages back said he did, so he probably did and I've just forgotten
  • Jester messages Essek to tell him that Trent may be on to him; Essek is panicked by the news, but she tells him they'll be there soon
  • She also tries to message Yussa, and just gets a lot of screaming back; seems Yussa tried to spy on the city in the Astral Plane or something
  • They sleep, say goodbye and teleport to the frozen North but end up off course by a few days
  • They trek back towards Aoer's remains mostly flying to cover the distance as fast as possible, but it still takes 2 days
  • Once they arrive they give Essek a medallion and talk to him about maybe teaming up with Trent to take on the City, since the group had been talking about it and swung Caleb on doing so
  • Caleb fails the persuasion role to bring Essek on board though, and he makes them choose between having Trent as a direct ally or him; with the proviso that if they choose Essek he'll still help in some way, but just not as part of a direct team anymore
  • They choose Essek

I think that's everything important.

tsob fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Apr 1, 2021

Gangringo
Jul 22, 2007

In the first age, in the first battle, when the shadows first lengthened, one sat.

He chose the path of perpetual contentment.

Thank you. Looking forward to spending an evening worrying about nothing but imaginary people played by nerdy-rear end voice actors

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
There's been a good bit of RP the last few episodes, and they appear to have wrapped everything that could be wrapped up, so it's likely tonight will be the start of a dungeon crawl and that they'll confront Lucien and his band if the combat aspect is up your alley.

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BalBsaYOhFs

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

WHO IS THIS GRASSHOLE?

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary
This uh... Took a turn :stonklol:

Dragonstoned
Jan 15, 2006

MR. DOG WITH BEES IN HIS MOUTH AND WHEN HE BARKS HE SHOOTS BEES AT YOU
by Roger Hargreaves

Literal tears, I love Sam so much

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

I wish other streams had ad bits like this show. Sam comes up with the weirdest/best poo poo if it's just him.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

You Fjord, or Travis?

Both!!

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
i need a trucker mage npc. Spells focused on transporting heavy loads and long range communication

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

AngryBooch posted:

i need a trucker mage npc. Spells focused on transporting heavy loads and long range communication

Hell I'm making a trucker mage next campaign :allears:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
frost giant zombies?

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Wow, combat right away, I love dungeons.

Funzo
Dec 6, 2002

I was thinking zombie Yetis

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

YEET THAT DIE ASHLEY, IT'S WORTH IT

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Sam's doing the move from the intro lol

Arcsech
Aug 5, 2008
Jesus these things are rude. How much damage was that? Like 100?

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Get 'em barbarian!

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
Please Sam, not with the ferns again.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

drat aeorian load bearing robes

redbrouw
Nov 14, 2018

ACAB
No, wait, guys, let's go back and talk to Yeza again. Veth almost died.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Yahsa and Veth make a fun comedy duo.

ChaosReaper
Feb 19, 2005
When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this I cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home?

Someday they'll set this trap that Travis wants.

Lucas Archer
Dec 1, 2007
Falling...
I don't know if it's the characters or the general depressing tone of the campaign or just overall fatigue, but I'm rapidly cooling on this whole arc/campaign. I've been watching live since the Trial of the Take and the past few months of episodes - essentially since just before Travelercon - have been an absolute slog for me. I'm probably going to take a break from watching live for a while and just catch up as I feel like it.

Veth groping Fjord was kind of a lightning bolt of "ugh, not cool at all", I don't care that it didn't seem to bother the other cast members, that wasn't funny or necessary or anything.

Disappointing Pie
Feb 7, 2006
Words cannot describe what a disaster the pie was.
Yeah after TravellerCon I kinda lost the thread on what was going on and have only been half paying attention since then. I’m so lost on the whole overarching story, and particularly what’s going on with Lucien and that group.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Lucas Archer posted:

Veth groping Fjord was kind of a lightning bolt of "ugh, not cool at all", I don't care that it didn't seem to bother the other cast members, that wasn't funny or necessary or anything.

Ok, so I wasn't alone in thinking that was a bit out of place.