Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
It will make them so happy if they haven't heard from you in a while

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Telsa Cola
Aug 19, 2011

No... this is all wrong... this whole operation has just gone completely sidewaysface
I call my mom every week and my grandmother every other week/month OP.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

Telsa Cola posted:

I call my mom every week and my grandother every other week/month OP.

You're a good person

oh dope
Nov 2, 2006

No guilt, it feeds in plain sight
All of my grandparents are dead, my mom is dead, I could call my dad but I didn't even know his name until I was in my mid 20s so gently caress it he can call me.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

I did fall asleep reading a particularly erotic chapter
in my grandmother's journal.

She wrote very detailed descriptions of her experiences...
My mom once asked why I never call her and I said "would YOU want to call you?" and she was like "fair point."

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
All four of my grandparents died before I hit 30. gently caress you OP what are you 12?

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I speak to my grandparents through ouija at least weekly.

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.
Both sets of my grandparents are dead so like... What do you propose?

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread
My mom hates me and my grandparents are dead so you can send me a PM if you have a similar situation young goons

:)

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

They're dead OP

Smugworth
Apr 18, 2003

My grandparents stopped taking my calls because I kept trying to comfort them in the twilight of their lives by explaining that there is nothing to experience after their death, nothing to be scared of, because they simply won't exist and will lack the capacity to feel any despair, regret, or fear. They will be like a candle snuffed out in immeasurable, silent, dark oblivion

It was supposed to help :shrug:

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

Smugworth posted:

My grandparents stopped taking my calls because I kept trying to comfort them in the twilight of their lives by explaining that there is nothing to experience after their death, nothing to be scared of, because they simply won't exist and will lack the capacity to feel any despair, regret, or fear. They will be like a candle snuffed out in immeasurable, silent, dark oblivion

It was supposed to help :shrug:

how edgy

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

:yeah:

When I was a shithead in my 20's, I just stopped answering calls from my only living grandmother because I knew that if I answered, I'd be on the phone with her for an hour or more, she just loved to talk about anything, and eventually she stopped calling. I think it was a defense mechanism after losing both my parents, that if I didn't really know her, I couldn't ever lose her. I felt like poo poo about it later and since the only family I had left was a sister three states away, a brother in law, niece and nephew, I said gently caress it and moved to be close to my grandma and granddad.

My grandma got to have her grandson visit her three or four times a week for the last three years of her life and we got to have those phone calls I selfishly declined, face to face, out at dinner (pre-Covid), or out on the porch in the summer breeze.

You don't get them forever, so give them everything you can while you can. Pick up the drat phone.

Unless they've actively been total pieces of poo poo to you, of course.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Uh, its actually quite rude to call them in the middle of coitus

Chief McHeath
Apr 23, 2002

Also the re-runs of Family Feud have ended, so probably wait until tomorrow to call them.

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

My grandma and I are all vaxxed up so we hung out last Wednesday. That was the first time I've hugged my grandma in a year. It felt real loving good, OP.

dee eight
Dec 18, 2002

The Spirit
of Maynard

:catdrugs:
i make my mom call me every day so i know she's not dead yet

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

been sayin this

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
OP, Listen OP. No, OP. Dad, dead. Gramps, dead. Meemaw, dead. Gramma, dead.

I could call my mom but why in the hell would I do that to myself unless it was strictly necessary, OP. That's a savage, SAVAGE, phone call.

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I call my mom... A BITCH

:twisted:

ah, poo poo, that joke made me sad. I just saw her today and got to kiss her on the cheek for the first time in a year.

phobo
Aug 7, 2008

Call Your Grandma posted:

been sayin this

How's it feel? To finally FINALLY find that thread you've been waiting 11 years for?

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Call Your Grandma posted:

been sayin this

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer
I call my grandma twice weekly because she's 94 and I'm lucky she can still hold a conversation. Talk to my mom/dad/sister via text daily, phone a few times a week. OP's message is a smart message, you don't miss that poo poo til it's gone

Tellaris
Dec 23, 2005

Cat On Rope Entertainment: Random comments since 2004

My grandma died today and it is also my mom's birthday, so it's been... a time.

Woodsy Owl
Oct 27, 2004
I don't want to interrupt them if they're loving OP

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Tellaris posted:

Dude, truly sorry to hear that. My goon thoughts are with you (seriously, that poo poo is tough dude)

Spaghett
May 2, 2007

Spooked ya...

Tellaris posted:

Classic mom move to one up her daughter on her birthday.

Bad Purchase
Jun 17, 2019

my grandparents are dead op, and my parents and brother turned into racist conspiracy lunatics after the covid19-BLM combo attack and i haven't spoken to them since june due to how unpleasant interactions with them became

it sucks that i lost that family connection, but also it's been a great source of stress removed, so in conclusion it's a land of contrasts

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
I have adopted parents that I will be visiting this Sunday for a cookout

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope
My mom & I live-PMed the Law & Order SVU crossover tonight :)

Madness
Jan 23, 2007

They don't have phone in coffins.. Thanks for reminding me that I can never talk to them again OP...

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
A goon with a functional family relations, that's cute

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.
What should I call them?

CarpenterWalrus
Mar 30, 2010

The Lazy Satanist
no thanks, op

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Colonel Cancer posted:

A goon with a functional family relations, that's cute

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

It'd be kind of rude to call while they're loving, wouldn't it?

Jimmybob
Mar 7, 2005
I call my mother on a regular basis, dad and all grandparents are dead so too late there, but I spent a lot of time with my dad and talked to him at least weekly for most of my adult life before he died so I did okay on that at least.

Cancer sure does suck.

SidneyIsTheKiller
Jul 16, 2019

If I had kids and they called me I'd be like "ugh what do you want" so I pay my own parents the same courtesy.

hbag
Feb 13, 2021

ok cool op call them and say what

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeluth
May 12, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I have broken many phones because of this. Thank you, age of slab obelisk instead of flip.