Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer
Grandparents are dead and i don't do occult stuff. Parents have email

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

I talk to my mom every day but my last living grand parent doesn't know who she or anyone else is anymore. Dementia got her real bad. Also gently caress my dad.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003
:smug: Good morning, you're all just pretending to need this "medicine" because you're drug addicts.

:angel: Good evening, directed pharmaceutical use of amphetamines obviously enriches the lives of many itt and I just woul
I'm not allowed to talk to my mom's parents anymore because they got in a fight with me about a certain fat orange bitch right before the election after specifically requesting we not talk about politics; then told me COVID was fake while I was quarantining and waiting on test results from a work exposure. They then immediately caught COVID from my cousin and ended up in assisted living. Kinda makes me feel like poo poo my last interaction was a fight wishing death upon a political figure, but eh, I said I didn't want to have the conversation like 40 times.

Talk to my parents and the other grandparents that are left standing regularly, though.

MrQwerty fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Apr 2, 2021

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
haven't spoken to my father in twenty years

Spinz
Jan 7, 2020

I ordered luscious new gemstones from India and made new earrings for my SA mart thread

Remember my earrings and art are much better than my posting

New stuff starts towards end of page 3 of the thread

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

haven't spoken to my father in twenty years

Yeah, for me it is 30 and he is probably dead

remigious
May 13, 2009

Destruction comes inevitably :rip:

Hell Gem
My grandpa actually really likes texting and uses a ton of emojis, it’s cute :3:

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Icochet posted:

Grandparents are dead and i don't do occult stuff. Parents have email

When will the afterlife finally get an internet connection?

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

All of grandparents sucked poo poo, I'm glad they're dead. Well all of them except one but he sucks poo poo too lol

My parents are cool and I talk to them on a weekly basis

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house
the last words my dad ever said to me were "there's a special place for you in hell, don't come to my funeral" lol. this was shortly after i reviewed security footage from my shop of him throwing heavy objects at, and forcibly confining, my mom

Icochet
Mar 18, 2008

I have a very small TV. Don't make fun of it! Please don't shame it like that~

Grimey Drawer

Weka posted:

Twitter is a portal to hell

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf

R.L. Stine posted:

the last words my dad ever said to me were "there's a special place for you in hell, don't come to my funeral" lol. this was shortly after i reviewed security footage from my shop of him throwing heavy objects at, and forcibly confining, my mom

gently caress, man. sorry to hear that

do you still keep in touch with your mother?

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Weka posted:

when i get reborn and wake up 500 years from now in my neural full dive life sim rig, im totes gonna live out life as a juggalo at Hep Lake 2004 babyyyy

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
You know, what's odd about my family is that there are none there, it's v strange.
I have a total of 3 cousins and I never really ever saw them.
Mum, Dad, Aunts, Uncles, most cousins all gone. I don't really get sad about it much but I do often wonder what family get togethers are like. My in laws are cool as hell but it's not really the same.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
I text my parents about once a week to check in, all my grandparents are dead

peter gabriel posted:

You know, what's odd about my family is that there are none there, it's v strange.
Mum, Dad, Aunts, Uncles, most cousins all gone. I don't really get sad about it much but I do often wonder what family get togethers are like. My in laws are cool as hell but it's not really the same.

yeah I have a small family that barely talks outside of immediate family so last time there was a real get together I was like 8

Lieutenant Dan
Oct 27, 2009

Weedlord Bonerhitler
An excellent reminder to break out the ouija board and introduce myself to ol' Gramps (who did seem like a great guy, to be fair)

I do have a cousin I like so I guess I'll text her?

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

you can call my parents if youd like

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

Caesar Saladin posted:

you can call my parents if youd like

Already got your mom on speed dial

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

I call my mom every weekend and my grandparents are long dead but I'll get an ouija board and check in with them

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
I call my mom several times a week. I have since my dad died, and have made especially sure to do so while she's been stuck working from home since the pandemic started.

I call my maternal grandparents once a month or so, my grandpa likes chatting with me cuz I have the same line of work he did. My paternal grandparents are both dead tho :rip:

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

i surely cannot sir for I am but a poor orphan boy please lend me a tuppence so that I might avoid another night of going to bed hungry

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

grandparents dead, mom bigoted as hell, dad literally disowned me over trump losing and keeps getting hellishly aggressive when I let him back in. still talk to ma most days.

CongoJack
Nov 5, 2009

Ask Why, Asshole
I talk to my mom at least once a week and try and call dad once a week, too. Its hard to talk to my dad over the phone sometimes because we don't have a whole lot in common. It is better than it used to be though, thats for sure.

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
my parents are pleasant enough, but I don't like to talk with them because our conversations generally require me to admit to my lack of accomplishments and drive to succeed in life

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

blimey, my tummy is crying out something terrible. would that i might chance upon some suet or a crust of bread

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
My last grandparent died when I was 12. Unfortunately, I wasn't really able to develop close relationships with any of them because of that.

I talk to my parents a couple times a month maybe. They'd be annoyed if I called them too much with nothing to talk about anyways

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
I'm going to my parents this weekend. Something something mormon conference bbq.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
I call my parents at least once a week. If my dad answers he immediately says “I’ll go get your mom” and gives her the phone. I do t blame him I hate talking on the phone too. They are now both vaccinated and ill be fully vaccinated soon so I’ll start visiting them more often.

My last living grandparent died in 1999. I don’t even remember their phone number.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Dear Watson posted:

My last living grandparent died in 1999. I don’t even remember their phone number.

I keep meaning to join one of those ancestry sites because I don't know my Grandparents names, well I know one was called Alice. It's bizarre having no one to ask, I never knew any of them so never really took much interest growing up.
Top tip: Find poo poo out

R.L. Stine
Oct 19, 2007

welcome to dead gay house

AEMINAL posted:

gently caress, man. sorry to hear that

do you still keep in touch with your mother?

any communication to my mom would actually be to my dad pretending to be her. he's extremely manipulative and incapable of empathizing with anyone. it's also a very complicated situation where, while she is a victim, she is also a participant, and i can't fix that. it's been tried. i just "don't have parents" instead.

i do talk to my siblings though. we bond over our bad childhoods together

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
2 of my grandparents are so far gone they don't recognize me at all or mistake me for my long dead brother lmao

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

weird that you're trying to get involved in the family lives of strangers, op

Internetjack
Sep 15, 2007

oh god how did this get here i am not good with computers
Top Cop

peter gabriel posted:

I keep meaning to join one of those ancestry sites because I don't know my Grandparents names, well I know one was called Alice. It's bizarre having no one to ask, I never knew any of them so never really took much interest growing up.
Top tip: Find poo poo out

Check out the Mormon genealogy database. Chances are they have that info. Not kidding.

GPs long dead for me. Try to talk or email mom at least once a week if not more, she shares everything with dad, as he can't really focus on a conversation for more than 5 minutes these days.
My brother is the hardcore "lets keep in touch" one of the family. He'll call up and at least once a week. "Nothing new here, anything there? No. Ok just wanted to say Hi, catch you later."

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Internetjack posted:

Check out the Mormon genealogy database. Chances are they have that info. Not kidding.

GPs long dead for me. Try to talk or email mom at least once a week if not more, she shares everything with dad, as he can't really focus on a conversation for more than 5 minutes these days.
My brother is the hardcore "lets keep in touch" one of the family. He'll call up and at least once a week. "Nothing new here, anything there? No. Ok just wanted to say Hi, catch you later."

This thread has pushed me into joining
https://www.ancestry.co.uk/
It's about time really, so thanks all :)

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

Colonel Cancer posted:

2 of my grandparents are so far gone they don't recognize me at all or mistake me for my long dead brother lmao

this is my worst nightmare :( gently caress that sucks

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
My grandmother just died.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

AEMINAL posted:

One of my few memories of my Gran was her saying to my Dad what a great idea it was having a deep fryer like in restaurants in the front room was. My Dad had built a sideboard, but to her, that'll what it was. She also said 'oh and here's the elephant' once when someone walked in the room, I don't really remember much else apart from she had a bald spot on the top of her head and I was told it was pretty common and came from when she worked the cotton mills as a child. Their job was to scurry around under the loom machinery to collect any stray cotton and they'd routinely get their hair ripped out.
She had dementia, but I was always told that she was always kind of really happy with it and never suffered, she just saw the world in a very different way bless her.

AHH F/UGH
May 25, 2002

Nah

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

AEMINAL posted:

Yeah it's pretty bad, just before Covid hit my still cogent grandfather died and I don't think grandma is aware of it in any way. The funeral was extra heartbreaking

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I call my grandma every now and then. I enjoy talking to her because she's always so excited about everything. Then she drops a few lines of "I'm ready to go wish it wouldn't take so long!" but she's also 95, and lived through the great depression and the war.
LOL if you think im calling my parents unless I need to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

ikanreed posted:

My grandmother just died.

Lame, goon.