Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

hiddenriverninja posted:

rotating vendor stock should have been a copy paste from D1 :bungie:

Most of D2 should've been a copy paste from D1 overall tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Monkeys paw curls, witch queen is just Destiny 1 Year 1 again, you spend the next year pretending to enjoy the og sekrion boss fight

Loving this D1 copy paste, it's exactly what I wanted, you say, as you spend 20 minutes plinking at a barely mobile hydra in the strike playlist with your scout rifle

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Psycho Landlord posted:

Monkeys paw curls, witch queen is just Destiny 1 Year 1 again, you spend the next year pretending to enjoy the og sekrion boss fight
I want to make the joke 'kings fall but blue,' but I did that with Europa before Beyond Light by saying 'Mars but blue' and now I feel bad.

Dreadnought but green is far more likely.

Fantastic Foreskin
Jan 6, 2013

A golden helix streaked skyward from the Helvault. A thunderous explosion shattered the silver monolith and Avacyn emerged, free from her prison at last.

PathAsc posted:

Most of D2 should've been a copy paste from D1 overall tbh.

:emptyquote:

Destiny as a single live game is a much better model than whatever the original one was, but man why couldn't it have been D1 that was the base.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Note to any warlocks who don't have Necrotic Grip yet, today's lost sector is Concealed Void with solar burn for the arm slot. Ticuu's divination and a decent scout should see you right.

E: The champions have decided to unionise and are apparently choosing not to respond to darkness mods any more.

Killed the final boss, but got taken out by the adds on my way to the chest when I got stuck on a bit of geometry.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Apr 2, 2021

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Note to any warlocks who don't have Necrotic Grip yet, today's lost sector is Concealed Void with solar burn for the arm slot. Ticuu's divination and a decent scout should see you right.

E: The champions have decided to unionise and are apparently choosing not to respond to darkness mods any more.

Killed the final boss, but got taken out by the adds on my way to the chest when I got stuck on a bit of geometry.

What's this bit

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

He’s just saying the Champion mods are loving up. Overload mods in particular are a crapshoot.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Oh good. Guess I'll just lament my way through it instead with stasis.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
Use the bow overload mod. It triggers on each shot instead of halfway through the magazine with smgs. The grenade one also works well if you use one that has continuous area damage.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The specific wording on the anti-barrier scout rifle says 'Scout Rifles you are wielding fire shield-piercing rounds and stun barrier champions.'

It takes 2 or 3 hits to pop the bubble, and in the meantime their health keeps regenerating. Unless you can gently caress them up with a decent heavy and switch in time, they tend to regen before you can do anything.

Overload champions are even worse, because of the finite timing window between a not-fully drawn round that fails to stun them, and failing to hit them before they recover and teleport to cover.

Get the timing right and you can really gently caress champions up. Get it wrong and they straight up kill you, or regen all the health you just took off.

Also you're not going to have much luck with lament since the shield champion is a servitor floating over a pit surrounded by adds it's constantly shielding.

This is me being a s-tier dickhead and still managing to finish in 9:16 with a 1295 Ticuus and gnarled old man hands that apparently can't operate a right thumbstick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ex_7dnQs17o

Oh hey, Ophidian Aspect. That's... That's great. :shepicide:

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya
A well-rolled Succession will annihilate barrier champs (this season anyway, looking forward to anti-barrier fusion rifle next season).

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

The reason overload is bullshit is that the server delay means that half the time you’ll hit them with the overload shot as they’re teleporting and either brush it off entirely or get stunned after they’ve gone behind cover

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

The gunsmith actually selling guns again? What's next? Amanda Holiday selling exotic ships and sparrows?? Ikora selling ghost shells and Ghost mods!?

Madness!

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

ponzicar posted:

Use the bow overload mod. It triggers on each shot instead of halfway through the magazine with smgs. The grenade one also works well if you use one that has continuous area damage.

Overload bow also owns because the poison DoT from Le Monarque will also constantly apply Overload. There's a cooldown between stuns but if you keep poisoning them you can lock down Overload champs really easily.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Just brute forcing this tedious poo poo with lament got me through at 8:30ish for a time. 4 runs and no drop, this is dumb as hell. Whatever, I want them gloves.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I was putting off lost sectors and decided its time, haha, if that is considered to be easy than lol, never getting this stuff its just Luke Smith revenge. Maybe next year when they enter random rotation

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Sekenr posted:

I was putting off lost sectors and decided its time, haha, if that is considered to be easy than lol, never getting this stuff its just Luke Smith revenge. Maybe next year when they enter random rotation

The easy one is Bunker E15 with anti-barrier DMT, overload ikelos smg (also takes care of the weekly challenge), and falling guillotine. The frames won’t do much to help you get actual kills but they will draw the champs’ aggro making it easier to take them out. Spend the boss fight in the hallway stacking cranial spikes on the hydra’s nose and drawing the champs out to burn them down alone.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Wow, I love champs that teleport after being frozen and bosses that aren't supposed to heal getting health back. But hey, at least they walled off the cheese in that strike immediately lol.

SkyeAuroline
Nov 12, 2020

Sekenr posted:

Bunker E15 and Exodus Garden 2A. You can effectively ignore any other lost sector if you want easy. (Maybe Labyrinth on cosmo? I've only ever done it once.)
E15 has a ton of AI help and is against Vex who are mostly straightforward. Exodus is Fallen, but it's only one shield type with a ton of cover, an easily cheesed boss who can't even harm you done right, and no real "gotchas". I prefer the latter.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

PERMACAV 50 posted:

The easy one is Bunker E15 with anti-barrier DMT, overload ikelos smg (also takes care of the weekly challenge), and falling guillotine. The frames won’t do much to help you get actual kills but they will draw the champs’ aggro making it easier to take them out. Spend the boss fight in the hallway stacking cranial spikes on the hydra’s nose and drawing the champs out to burn them down alone.

Yeah, all right that makes sense.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I don't use Overload weapon mods because I just rely on the Overload Grenade mod from the Artifact. Pulse Grenades rule and it's very easy to learn and exploit the timing of the Overload Champion Teleport Routine.

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

SkyeAuroline posted:

Bunker E15 and Exodus Garden 2A. You can effectively ignore any other lost sector if you want easy. (Maybe Labyrinth on cosmo? I've only ever done it once.)
E15 has a ton of AI help and is against Vex who are mostly straightforward. Exodus is Fallen, but it's only one shield type with a ton of cover, an easily cheesed boss who can't even harm you done right, and no real "gotchas". I prefer the latter.

I've watched streamers complete Veles Labyrinth in less than two minutes with Hunters. You need 1KV, though. You run through the maze, jump on the ledge in the open area and 1KV/snipe the Barrier Champion, run to the next room and 1KV the Wizard (killing him summons the boss), jump to the chest and 1KV the boss from there. The adds that spawn up there will run past you and jump off the ledge.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Sekenr posted:

Sorry I wouldn't say easy - probably easier with the right loadout, maybe even one of the easiest out of all the lost sectors, but legendary lost sectors are definitely not easy compared to the rest of the game.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Got my gloves, woo. As time went on, the buggy goddamn champs got worse lol.

At least gambit is double infamy this coming week, I'll look forward to that since apparently xur has loving aeon gloves this week.

E: gently caress me, the random exotic from xur was sanguine alchemy AGAIN.

PathAsc fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Apr 3, 2021

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

I don't like Legendary Lost Sectors because they're just loadout puzzles. As long as you have the right Champion Counters and Elemental Damages, they're really not that difficult - everything always spawns in the same locations and at the same times, so all you need is the right guns and some rote memorization.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Sekenr posted:

Yeah, all right that makes sense.

incidentally, Bunker is the 1300 tomorrow, and it'll be chest day!

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Kith posted:

I don't like Legendary Lost Sectors because they're just loadout puzzles. As long as you have the right Champion Counters and Elemental Damages, they're really not that difficult - everything always spawns in the same locations and at the same times, so all you need is the right guns and some rote memorization.
I'd agree if the champions always responded promptly to the correct mod. I think the only thing I've learned from repeat runs is to shoot as many shanks as you can before the champion starts shielding them in the middle room, and to nuke that loving captain on the right as soon as he pops his head out.

Otherwise it's a case of whether on not you stun the champion before they teleport behind cover and heal.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

GM complete :toot:

Honestly not even as bad as people make it out to be. Key is to play each encounter safely and not panic if a fireteam member dies.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Kith posted:

The combination of match game, champions, and a locked loadout really highlights how many holes have been left in the armory by sunsetting. But I do enjoy the attempt at solo content that's supposed to be in a middle ground between braindead easy (regular lost sectors) and ridiculously tedious (solo dungeons).

Mill Village
Jul 27, 2007

ponzicar posted:

The combination of match game, champions, and a locked loadout really highlights how many holes have been left in the armory by sunsetting. But I do enjoy the attempt at solo content that's supposed to be in a middle ground between braindead easy (regular lost sectors) and ridiculously tedious (solo dungeons).

All the best weapons for Legendary Lost Sectors are not sunset, though.

PERMACAV 50
Jul 24, 2007

because we are cat

Mill Village posted:

All the best weapons for Legendary Lost Sectors are not sunset, though.

A void SMG would definitely be useful (this season, anyway) for a few of them. Unless I'm forgetting something, the only ones left are the blues Harmony-21 and Furina-2MG.

BUNGIE UNSUNSET THE LECTERN GUNS :argh:

edit- checking DIM it looks like we're also hurting for arc ARs (only obtainable through nightfalls) and solar hand cannons (only obtainable through Garden of Salvation and Trials).

PERMACAV 50 fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Apr 3, 2021

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Be great if we could mod damage types again.

Coldforge
Oct 29, 2002

I knew it would be bad.
I didn't know it would be so stupid.

PERMACAV 50 posted:

A void SMG would definitely be useful (this season, anyway) for a few of them. Unless I'm forgetting something, the only ones left are the blues Harmony-21 and Furina-2MG.

BUNGIE UNSUNSET THE LECTERN GUNS :argh:

edit- checking DIM it looks like we're also hurting for arc ARs (only obtainable through nightfalls) and solar hand cannons (only obtainable through Garden of Salvation and Trials).

Hero's Burden was a void Iron Banner SMG that they could have brought back instead of Yet Another Kinetic SMG, but they chose Multimach (which, granted, rules).

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?
quickdraw/rangefinder adept palindrome, with hi-cal and corkscrew rifling. stability mw which isn't the best but is still dang good. I'll take it.

Incitatus
Dec 16, 2005

The Meat Man was out of wings, Mr. William Ash More!:argh:
Dead Man's Tale with outlaw is good.

That is all.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Did I get it right that goddamn Saladin is conspiring with the famous mr. "I can't do even one thing right" Osiris to overthrow Zavala? Ir is it old news, in battlefield chatter its hard to say when it happens chronologically.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

lard salad is incompetent and a coward, like it's going to go anywhere

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

also osiris is a little poo poo and based on all of the other conversations he's totally setting salad up to fail

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

At least Osiris set Zavala up with Crow who I think will kill them both easily if they try anything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SUNKOS
Jun 4, 2016

Who knows but when Bungie was asked about Ikora having been useless for a long time now they responded by stating that she will have a very prominent role in the Witch Queen expansion.

Maybe they won't kill Zavala, but perhaps he'll be vaulted.