Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Monaghan posted:

I always like the build series where they used modified versions of the kits, instead of basically inventing a whole new mecha out of thin air, so I'm glad they are going the more pragmatic route.

Also resin detail up kits are really neat and I'll probablly buy more of them. The detail really improves the sinanju stein.

I'm sure it varies from kit to kit, but how do resin detail kits work?

I know you have to paint them, but how do they attach? Just with glue or is there a lot more work needed?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

They're a lot like regular plastic pieces, they can snap on to the inner frame

However, the fit's not great a lot of the time and need some significant work. The peg holes are way too shallow for some parts and will need to be glued in.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Huh, for some reason I never figured that it was a simple as just replacing the existing parts. Guess I thought it was adding onto parts or something.

I see that Samual Decal has a Jesta set in stock, maybe I'll try picking that up or something to give it a go. Never really cared that much for the Jesta I did a while back, thought about painting it or something. So this'll be different.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

3 new kits, I did some editing to hide my shameful screen and area.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007
Does anyone know if there's a way to preorder this? I think I remember that there was somewhere I could preorder the Metal Robot Spirits Barbatos Lupus Rex, but I can't find anywhere to preorder the Barbatos Lupus from

https://tamashii.jp/special/metal_robot/barbatos_lupus/
https://tamashii.jp/item/13572/

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?

Onmi posted:

3 new kits, I did some editing to hide my shameful screen and area.

I really enjoyed putting the 79 [G] together

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The 79G has fantastic legs.

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion
GM Ground type owns bones and really shines with some panel lining.

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Decided to try out some weathering and battle damage stuff for the first time, and my Z'Gok-E fell off a shelf and had one of his arms explode into pieces so I considered it him volunteering as tribute

im gonna throw a matte topcoat on him sometime tomorrow, but i haven't tried it on top of any of these gundam markers before so i wanted to document him as-is before the topcoat like... melts all the paint and ink or something.

i think i did pretty okay for a first time!

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Sea Lily posted:

Big understatement duder, looks terrific!

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Very nice

Puddin
Apr 9, 2004
Leave it to Brak
If that's your first time I look forward to your other attempts!

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Thanks yall 💖 I'm trying to really get a good grasp on it before I tackle the MG Exia with it's repair parts, which I wanna do a really good job on making look like it's been through hell and then left to rot

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
it looks really good on the actual armor, though the limbs (the white bits) feel like they could use a bit more detailing, or being gone over? its strange to have parts that look basically untouched, makes it look kinda just like it got smeared with something

like i said though you did a bangup job on the armor

Booourns
Jan 20, 2004
Please send a report when you see me complain about other posters and threads outside of QCS

~thanks!

AoZ Barzams

https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2021/03/p-bandai-hguc-1144-barzam-aoz-re-boot.html
https://www.gundamkitscollection.com/2021/03/p-bandai-hguc-1144-barzam-region.html

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib
Looks like they're also reissuing a BUNCH of the AoZ kits too. Bandai, why do you wish harm to my wallet...

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten

Queadlunn posted:

Looks like they're also reissuing a BUNCH of the AoZ kits too. Bandai, why do you wish harm to my wallet...

gently caress ya Kehaar, probably the p-bandai thing I regret missing most of all.

Queadlunn
Dec 10, 2005

Yak Deculture!
Fallen Rib

wdarkk posted:

gently caress ya Kehaar, probably the p-bandai thing I regret missing most of all.

Kehaar II is one of the few kits I keep out on display, it's a good 'un.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Sea Lily posted:

Decided to try out some weathering and battle damage stuff for the first time, and my Z'Gok-E fell off a shelf and had one of his arms explode into pieces so I considered it him volunteering as tribute

im gonna throw a matte topcoat on him sometime tomorrow, but i haven't tried it on top of any of these gundam markers before so i wanted to document him as-is before the topcoat like... melts all the paint and ink or something.

You did great!

Ramie
Mar 2, 2021

The Woundwort is not on the list, is it?

If it got a reprint I would be just fine, buying no other kit this year but that.

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Ugh looking at the Kehaar doesn't seem to be either?

Man gently caress off Bandai, the Rah II and II Rah were already reprinted last year, do they really need another one?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

quote:

Dear loyal supporting customers

Greetings to all, I hope everyone is doing well in the first quarter of 2021 so far. I have an announcement that I do not wish to share yet the time has come. I am very glad and surprised that Hobby0096 eventually brought me to all amazing souls like you, who may enjoy the idea of Hobby0096.

“Hobby0096 will only be trading until 15th April 2021. We will be completing all April and May release orders. For those who pre-ordered products releasing in June and July can choose to continue waiting or to request for a refund. “

Due to the fact that I still have uni and placement to complete, my time devoting onto Hobby0096 will be highly impacted. Doubtlessly saying operating an online store alone was not as easy as you see, balancing workload from casual job, self-employed duties, unit and placement all at the same time is not quite the smartest move too. Completing uni has always been my first priority, regardless how much I do not enjoy doing uni. This is not my happiest decision yet I think it is about doing the right decision.

It is always hard to say goodbye though I enjoyed the journey very very much. It is such a pleasure to meet all of you and 1000x thank you for your trust + a full year of support. For those who have any questions, please do not hesitate to email us anytime.

Love you all

Hayley T.
Sole Trader of Hobby0096

This is really sad to hear. Not many local shops offering P-Bandai.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

Yeah it sucks. Their prices are the most reasonable that I've seen.

I hope they still send me my Mk. V.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Bill Posters posted:

Yeah it sucks. Their prices are the most reasonable that I've seen.

I hope they still send me my Mk. V.

Hopefully, I've got a Penelope vs Xi kit coming from them. They also have a sale right now for any 3+ RG, MG or in-stock items. 25% off.

EDIT: Also, I would recommend The Armory Toy Shop. They aren't the cheapest, or offer free shipping, but they're a local shop, and my customer service experience with them was really good. Also, while talking to them I asked if they took custom lists and they said they might implement it as a feature in the future. So they're worth supporting.

https://thearmorytoyshop.com/

Onmi fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Apr 2, 2021

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

I hate April Fool's because people will tease cool stuff and then go "SIKE!"

Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn6_9TsaxJs

An HG Virgo kit would be amazing. :smith:

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

I hate April Fool's because people will tease cool stuff and then go "SIKE!"

Case in point: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jn6_9TsaxJs

An HG Virgo kit would be amazing. :smith:

I saw the thumbnail for this on youtube and had already decided I was never going to click on it due to his stupid loving facial expression, then saw the date and got legitimately mad. April Fool's Day "pranks" are so goddamn dumb.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Last few years GSC and Bandai have done April Fool stuff with the added note of "we'll make this real if we get enough interest" after like 5 years of people complaining about April Fool announcing a cool thing everyone wants. I remember the Nendoroid Fundoshi set was one of them that got so many "I want to buy this for real" emails that they did it. Super Pochaco started as an AF thing too iirc. Just make your AF things for real!!

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

EthanSteele posted:

Last few years GSC and Bandai have done April Fool stuff with the added note of "we'll make this real if we get enough interest" after like 5 years of people complaining about April Fool announcing a cool thing everyone wants. I remember the Nendoroid Fundoshi set was one of them that got so many "I want to buy this for real" emails that they did it. Super Pochaco started as an AF thing too iirc. Just make your AF things for real!!

April Fools is how Bandai's blind-box mecha cat kits got started.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm still waiting on my RG Gouf and Ground Gundam.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

ANAmal.net posted:

I saw the thumbnail for this on youtube and had already decided I was never going to click on it due to his stupid loving facial expression, then saw the date and got legitimately mad. April Fool's Day "pranks" are so goddamn dumb.

It's Photoshop Phriday motherfuckers:

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Oh man I can't wait to get the 1/1 PG Hotdog!

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Kaiju Cage Match posted:

Oh man I can't wait to get the 1/1 PG Hotdog!

After the Cup Noodles it isn't so far fetched.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Ketchup and mustard effect parts will be P-Bandai.

Halman
Feb 10, 2007

What's the...Rush?
If I wanted to build a VF-1Valkyrie is there a particular kit/brand I should be looking for in order to have the least hassle? And it looks like a lot of them expect you to paint them?

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Probably going to depends on the features you want from it. I'm not well versed on the subject of Macross kits but the fully transformable ones are going to be a pain by default because of that transformation.

Weird BIAS
Jul 5, 2007

so... guess that's it, huh? just... don't say i didn't warn you.
I built a F91 Gundam 1/144 today and I forgot how small that unit is until I got it next to the Mark II and Turn A.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
isnt the victory even smaller? those late uc suits are tiny as hell

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Endorph posted:

Looked it up in the wiki and apparently they're both exactly 15.2 meters tall.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Endorph posted:

Wing, G, and X weren't quite so tiny, but they still were notably smaller than early UC.

Bandai was trying to save money, if memory serves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
i kinda like the in-universe explanation for the late uc suits being so tiny, at least. weapons power had advanced to the point that no amount of armor was gonna survive a direct hit, so suit design became about mobility and speed, which is why theyre tiny and the f91's whole deal is being fast.

unicorn also kinda indirectly supports this just because of how much of that series is random grunt suits melting instantly from the unicorn, banshee, or ksatriya's lasers